PDA

View Full Version : Question for Anti-billboard People

hydro
10-14-2009, 08:16 AM
What would you suggest the fans do to show their dissatisfaction for the way this team is being run right now? Or are saying we should just keep taking it in the ass and be happy we have a team at all?

We as fans have been vocal on a small scale but mostly complacent with the direction of this franchise with hope that something will finally click. IT HASN'T FOR ALMOST 10 YEARS! That isn't working, and I think this billboard is the next step.

Pinkerton Security
10-14-2009, 08:18 AM
What would you suggest the fans do to show their dissatisfaction for the way this team is being run right now? Or are saying we should just keep taking it in the ass and be happy we have a team at all?

We as fans have been vocal on a small scale but mostly complacent with the direction of this franchise with hope that something will finally click. IT HASN'T FOR ALMOST 10 YEARS! That isn't working, and I think this billboard is the next step.

maybe the billboard should mention our 10 years of waiting then, instead of JUST focusing all its attention on Dick

JD
10-14-2009, 08:18 AM
I say we do nothing, because that's what we've done for 10 years and I like how far that's gotten us.

/sarcasm

mybills
10-14-2009, 08:19 AM
What would you suggest the fans do to show their dissatisfaction for the way this team is being run right now?
so, you're waiting for 2 people to answer? :chuckle:

Mahdi
10-14-2009, 08:20 AM

How bout you walk out of the stadium, or wear paper bags, or dont go AT ALL. Putting up a Billboard to humiliate someone is freaking stupid. ITS FOOTBALL! He's not a criminal.

You have a right to buy tickets and you have a right not to. If you dont like it DONT BUY TICKETS.

The Billboard is out of line.

MassEffect218435
10-14-2009, 08:21 AM
If you're against the billboard (which isn't a bad idea if you have the cash for it) the best way to do it is to stop showing up to the games, quit buying merchandise, just quit caring. Hit the old fart where it matters.

trapezeus
10-14-2009, 08:24 AM
While the billboard goes after a nice guy in a tasteless manner, it does show that we care about the team. we've shown up to make sure they don't have a case to move the team. We just don't want to be bad anymore, it's tiring.

The billboard shows, "those fans want a winner. They have every right to not show up to games, but they want that team where it is and they want a winner."

hydro
10-14-2009, 08:25 AM
How bout you walk out of the stadium, or wear paper bags, or dont go AT ALL. Putting up a Billboard to humiliate someone is freaking stupid. ITS FOOTBALL! He's not a criminal.

You have a right to buy tickets and you have a right not to. If you dont like it DONT BUY TICKETS.

How does this humiliate him anymore than his team playing terrible on national television. Not to mention the humilation of having to take questions like "do you think you should still be coaching the Buffalo Bills?". If he isn't already humiliated this isn't going to do much more.

Mahdi
10-14-2009, 08:27 AM
While the billboard goes after a nice guy in a tasteless manner, it does show that we care about the team. we've shown up to make sure they don't have a case to move the team. We just don't want to be bad anymore, it's tiring.

The billboard shows, "those fans want a winner. They have every right to not show up to games, but they want that team where it is and they want a winner."
So because yer too afraid to lose the team you still put money in Ralph Wilson's pocket and opt to do the immature and tasteless act of humiliating the coach of a weak team.

Its cowardly. If you want to make a statement, do it the right way or don't do it.

Pinkerton Security
10-14-2009, 08:30 AM
So because yer too afraid to lose the team you still put money in Ralph Wilson's pocket and opt to do the immature and tasteless act of humiliating the coach of a weak team.

Its cowardly. If you want to make a statement, do it the right way or don't do it.

Know whats not cowardly? Streaking across the field in protest...

Mahdi
10-14-2009, 08:30 AM
How does this humiliate him anymore than his team playing terrible on national television. Not to mention the humilation of having to take questions like "do you think you should still be coaching the Buffalo Bills?". If he isn't already humiliated this isn't going to do much more.
This is a whole new level of humiliation.

Problem with most people is, they never put themselves in other people's shoes before acting.

DJ probably works as hard as any coach in the league, but when your team is consistently out classed on Sunday's what can you do? We have bad players in key positions and a cheap owner.

Like I said, don't be the asses of the league and contribute to this immaturity. Just dont give yer hard earned money to this owner.

MassEffect218435
10-14-2009, 08:34 AM
This is a whole new level of humiliation.

Problem with most people is, they never put themselves in other people's shoes before acting.

DJ probably works as hard as any coach in the league, but when your team is consistently out classed on Sunday's what can you do? We have bad players in key positions and a cheap owner.

Like I said, don't be the asses of the league and contribute to this immaturity. Just dont give yer hard earned money to this owner.The franchise does him no favors either getting rid of guys like Fletcher, Peters, Dockery, etc... who have all gone on to have excellent seasons elsewhere.

JD
10-14-2009, 08:37 AM
If you're against the billboard (which isn't a bad idea if you have the cash for it) the best way to do it is to stop showing up to the games, quit buying merchandise, just quit caring. Hit the old fart where it matters.

That would be great and all if we weren't facing the possibility of MOVING.

MassEffect218435
10-14-2009, 08:41 AM
That would be great and all if we weren't facing the possibility of MOVING.If its going to happen its going to happen, there's not a single thing you can do about it.

HHURRICANE
10-14-2009, 08:55 AM
I think the Billboard is directed at Ralph more than Jauron. Jauron has 9 million reasons not to worry about a billboard.

I was happy that the ring ceremony didn't happen because having 70,000 fans booing a guy that just got in the HOF is a losing scenario for Buffalo and the fans.

However, a billboard is pretty benign but drives the point home that enough is enough.

Jauron could have resigned. he didn't and took the check. Take the heat that goes with it.

ddaryl
10-14-2009, 09:02 AM

He humiliates WNY and Bills fans weekly

he already knows we want him gone NOW... and yet he is still our coach. Did you not witness the complete lack of effort his teams put forth week after week. We pay good money to watch the Bills and suppport them and Ralph does nothing but hires inept coaches.

are we not humiliated that Jauwrong recieved a 3 year extension.... Why should we not say this.. The Buffalo news runs stories on the guys ineptess weekly... what difference does a billboard make besides grabbing a little more atttetion to the problem.

Fans have had it and this is a good thing.. Time to take a stand and force change.. Ralph is a doddling old coot and he needs to be ***** slapped by fans who are fed up...

also the billboard that is being posted will be to clean house.. the one winning calls out multiple people in the organization

Buckets
10-14-2009, 09:08 AM
I may be wrong but Ralph "WINS" every week. If it's the bottom line that he's worried about as everyone suggests, he IS fielding a winner. If he is interested in selling the team, what better way than to show that the franchise makes a profit every year? Business is business.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-14-2009, 09:09 AM
the bill board should just say
"hey Ralph... we've had it! Give us a team to be proud of!"

I dont think it should attack the Dickster. Dude's a bad coach not a bad guy.

THATHURMANATOR
10-14-2009, 09:10 AM

Seriously Charles they sit on the sidelines chastising fans for not doing anything and when the go out and do it criticize them again.

I don't care if Jauron is a "good guy". Most of us are "good guys". He took a high profile position and did NOT produce at all. Sure the comments on his complexion etc are unwarranted but the rest is fair game IMO.

Mahdi
10-14-2009, 09:13 AM
He humiliates WNY and Bills fans weekly

he already knows we want him gone NOW... and yet he is still our coach. Did you not witness the complete lack of effort his teams put forth week after week. We pay good money to watch the Bills and suppport them and Ralph does nothing but hires inept coaches.

are we not humiliated that Jauwrong recieved a 3 year extension.... Why should we not say this.. The Buffalo news runs stories on the guys ineptess weekly... what difference does a billboard make besides grabbing a little more atttetion to the problem.

Fans have had it and this is a good thing.. Time to take a stand and force change.. Ralph is a doddling old coot and he needs to be ***** slapped by fans who are fed up...

also the billboard that is being posted will be to clean house.. the one winning calls out multiple people in the organization
It is NOT a lack of effort. If that was the case we would be getting blown out. How can a team be in a game NOT TRYING against a team with more talent that IS TRYING and we are still in the game every week?

IF we aren't trying neither is anyone else.

Our problem IMO is singular, we dont have a QB that can keep us on the field and scoring points.

Imagine how much things would change if we were putting up points on our drives. The defense would be 10x better and they have been pretty good despite the support from the Offense.

Trent is destroying this whole thing because he is too scared to make a play.

hydro
10-14-2009, 09:18 AM
It is NOT a lack of effort. If that was the case we would be getting blown out. How can a team be in a game NOT TRYING against a team with more talent that IS TRYING and we are still in the game every week?

IF we aren't trying neither is anyone else.

Our problem IMO is singular, we dont have a QB that can keep us on the field and scoring points.

Imagine how much things would change if we were putting up points on our drives. The defense would be 10x better and they have been pretty good despite the support from the Offense.

Trent is destroying this whole thing because he is too scared to make a play.

So none of the above can be blamed on Jauron? GOT IT!

Mahdi
10-14-2009, 09:30 AM
So none of the above can be blamed on Jauron? GOT IT!
When management says, this is what you get to work with, then what choice do you have?

You get to make chicken salad out of Chicken ****

THATHURMANATOR
10-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Jauron should have been fired at the end of his first season when instead of trying a 50 yard field goal to tie the game at the end of regulation the team called some ill advised makeshift hail mary, which didn't even look like it had been practiced before. IT WAS A JOKE. The guy CRACKS on gameday and always has.

hydro
10-14-2009, 09:35 AM
When management says, this is what you get to work with, then what choice do you have?

You get to make chicken salad out of Chicken ****

Where did you get any indication that this is the current situation? If our HC doesn't have any say in player personnel we are in bigger trouble than I thought.

DraftBoy
10-14-2009, 10:34 AM
Personally I thought the blackout was a very cool idea. Its a way to show complete fan unity, its unique, and its only going to get positive attention to you guys. No stupid billboards or protests.

You're taking this out of the game of football, which is the issue. You're humiliating a guy by putting it on the I-190...that's not the Buffalo Bills highway, a lot people who drive there probably don't even care about the Bills, but you want to humiliate the guy in this way? Yes he took a high profile job, yes he has failed to produce at it, but therefor because Ralph has refused to remove him, he should be blasted on a billboard? Don't do this, its a bad idea and its immature.

Typ0
10-14-2009, 10:44 AM
That would be great and all if we weren't facing the possibility of MOVING.

That is the attitude that plays right into Wilsons hands and perpetuates the crap we see on the field. You need to be willing and committed to actually geting something done if you are going to go about stuff like the billboard. There is no commitment though it's just a token jesture to make some people feel better about themselves but totally ignores the problem. Don't buy the tickets. Don't buy the jerseys. Just don't send money into OBD and if that means they will leave then so be it. Is being a fan of a perrenial loser with zero commitment to winning the lesser of the two evils?

I'm not happy with DJ right now eather but there have been some really good points on this thread. ALL of our best talent has left for greener pastures. How is DJ supposed to be successful given that situation and that we don't even have a QB. Put Peyton Manning on this team and see if DJ takes us to the playoffs or even the SB.

Ebenezer
10-14-2009, 10:45 AM
A billboard? Really? You think RW doesn't know the fans are upset? You don't think RW knows the quality is crap? He's 91...not senile. He knows exactly what he is doing...making money. No billboard is ever going to change anything. It's like the kids yelling "I hate you" after being grounded for a week. It's childish and won't change anything.

ddaryl
10-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Personally I thought the blackout was a very cool idea. Its a way to show complete fan unity, its unique, and its only going to get positive attention to you guys. No stupid billboards or protests.

You're taking this out of the game of football, which is the issue. You're humiliating a guy by putting it on the I-190...that's not the Buffalo Bills highway, a lot people who drive there probably don't even care about the Bills, but you want to humiliate the guy in this way? Yes he took a high profile job, yes he has failed to produce at it, but therefor because Ralph has refused to remove him, he should be blasted on a billboard? Don't do this, its a bad idea and its immature.

LMFAO

Humiliation is watching him make boneheaded decisions and completely having his teams unprepared to paly every damn weekend..

The media is blasting Jauron... the billboard will get more media attention.

This a complete joke.. The man is being paid 3 mil a year to win football games regardless of situation and even when he had healthy teams he failed miserably...

I've seen persons like you calling out athletes saying they get paid huge money they should be able to take it.. Why is Jauron any different the guy is making a ton of money to lose in pathetic fashion

the sign that will probably get posted in the one asking for Jauron, Modrak and Guy to be canned not just Jauron

go check it out yourself

http://firedickjauron.wordpress.com/

and yes they should do the blackout, they should refuse to go into games and they should boo and do every single thing a fan can do non violently to drive home the point.

Ebenezer
10-14-2009, 10:52 AM
The media is blasting Jauron... the billboard will get more media attention.

more attention than what? who in Buffalo doesn't know DJ is doing a bad job?? The dead?

Typ0
10-14-2009, 10:54 AM
more attention than what? who in Buffalo doesn't know DJ is doing a bad job?? The dead?

why are you picking on Jerry Garcia? Even the deadheads know DJ is horrible!

Ebenezer
10-14-2009, 12:14 PM
why are you picking on Jerry Garcia? Even the deadheads know DJ is horrible!
:roflmao:

Commissioner
10-14-2009, 12:20 PM
It's pretty dumb to think a sign is going to embarrass Wilson or Jauron anymore than the team is doing already.

Dr. Pepper
10-14-2009, 12:24 PM
look, the billboard is just a thing to put there to so fans can laugh and say "look, we did something! we're sticking it to them now!" who cares if it doesnt accomplish anything, at least it appeases us a little while jauron is still coach. and as for "hurting his feelings," boo freakin hoo. the guy is a multi millionaire who is doing the worst job he possibly can for our team. if he doesnt like it he can quit. hes embarassed our city far worse than some silly billboard will embarrass him. the soft, PC world we live in is hilarious sometimes.... "but, but, he has a family!" gimmie a break.

trapezeus
10-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Mahdi, the classy thing to do from the Fans is to not embarass the guy. Agreed.

but the classy thing to do for jauron and Modrak is to say, "i've not been successful here. I have failed. I step aside." they don't seem to want to grant us that favor. so in some ways, being classy has been taken off the table by them.

Ralph has taken class off the table a long time ago.

the fact that we can't get a real protest that catches the camera's eye like the blackout or not coming into the stadium for the first quarter is annoying.

The first quarter protest is pretty much all we have since the tickets have already been sold out for the year. We've played our part they way they told us to. Now we're going to do it our way and get some satisfaction out of it. god knows we don't get that watching the team play.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-14-2009, 12:35 PM
BTW, If you Blame Trent, that is still on Dick. He chose the Quarterback!

BillsOwnAll
10-14-2009, 12:42 PM

Being a die-hard fan you should know theres no switch you can turn on and off. When September rolls around you cant NOT care about the bills. Your missing the point.

To contradict your point, RW has the RIGHT to field a good team. He has the RIGHT to hire a decent coach. So we have the right to give our opinion on what we think he should do. Making a sign that says FIRE DICK, isn't personally attacking him. Hes a nice guy. He knows when he signed up for the job that every fan was going to be on his back if he sucked. You act like he doesn't know that and he thinks people will love and respect him through thick and thin. You need to step out to the real world one day and realize everything's not plums and cherries.

BillsOwnAll
10-14-2009, 02:12 PM

What was this? I didnt hear about it.

Tiburon1724
10-14-2009, 03:52 PM
billboard crosses the line? Hell, I'd have his house burnt down.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-14-2009, 08:13 PM
I don't understand how this is humiliating him. What about the newspapers writing about how bad of a job the whole organization is. Isn't that the same thing?

I think all you haters are just prude!

OpIv37
10-14-2009, 08:21 PM

there are anti-billboard people? Who? Ralph, Dick, Brandon, Modrak and Guy?

OpIv37
10-14-2009, 08:22 PM
I don't understand how this is humiliating him. What about the newspapers writing about how bad of a job the whole organization is. Isn't that the same thing?

I think all you haters are just prude!

even if it his humiliating him, who cares? He's humiliated this team, its fans and the city. What goes around, comes around.

Dr. Lecter
10-14-2009, 08:46 PM
even if it his humiliating him, who cares? He's humiliated this team, its fans and the city. What goes around, comes around.

Yeah!

And get his wife while we are at it!

There is a big difference between humiliation out of spite and humiliation out of incompetence.