PDA

View Full Version : Rush's st Louis bid not going well

trapezeus
10-14-2009, 08:21 AM
Keeping the politics out of it, this is great news. The rams need to be the team that heads back to LA...and pronto. They suck, no one goes and they originally are from LA. It makes too much sense.

If at the end of the season the rams end up back in LA, that's one huge problem avoided for the Bills.

ddaryl
10-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Rush is a bad idea for the NFL... they shouldn't even allow it, and if it gets close they will have to step in...

If Rush is an NFL owner I will stop supporting the NFL. I despise him and his kind that much. He offers nothing positive to the human race... NOTHING, in fact he sets us back as a species IMO

Chewytie
10-14-2009, 09:22 AM
The Bills will have avoided the LA situation but wasn't there a possibility of the team moving to Las Vegas?

trapezeus
10-14-2009, 09:51 AM
nope...NFL won't play in LAs Vegas due to gambling. in the NFL You can beat, kill, or maim a person, but you can't bet against the spread. Only the highest moral character for the NFL

Beastie Bills
10-14-2009, 09:54 AM
Rush is a bad idea for the NFL... they shouldn't even allow it, and if it gets close they will have to step in...

If Rush is an NFL owner I will stop supporting the NFL. I despise him and his kind that much. He offers nothing positive to the human race... NOTHING, in fact he sets us back as a species IMO

I hate Rush. Not for his supposed politics, but for the kind of meddling whore he is. He isn't nearly as conservative as he pretends to be, but makes millions off of his charade, all while stirring the pot of hatred and divisiveness.

Block "O"
10-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Jay Z who talks about being a drug dealer and who himself is a racist can be a part owner of a team but Rush can't? Yeah that makes sense.

Ebenezer
10-14-2009, 10:41 AM
24 of the 32 owners have to accept Rush into the fraternity...he won't even get a sniff.

EricStratton
10-14-2009, 10:46 AM
nope...NFL won't play in LAs Vegas due to gambling. in the NFL You can beat, kill, or maim a person, but you can't bet against the spread. Only the highest moral character for the NFL

The hang-up in Vegas is games played in state or by in-state teams have to come off the board and the NFL would never want a game taken off the board each week.

They survive and DirectTV survives on gambling, they would never kill the golden goose.

psubills62
Jay Z who talks about being a drug dealer and who himself is a racist can be a part owner of a team but Rush can't? Yeah that makes sense.

I think part of the problem is not what Rush believes, but how vocally he believes it.

trapezeus
the question is, "how big is rush's proposed stake?" If he is only pitching in like 20-$100MM, there are plenty of other investors to substitute in. if he was carryinga bigger burden of $250MM to $600MM, then that bid is pretty much dead in the water.

And like i said, that's great news for Buffalo.

Ebenezer
10-14-2009, 10:50 AM
I think part of the problem is not what Rush believes, but how vocally he believes it.
the NFL owners are very smart business people...there is no way they let somebody into the group that is despised by half the population and disliked by another 25%. And Rush can poo-poo all he wants that black players won't play for him. People keep lists of racist things he has said. Solid stars are coming out and saying they won't play for them. What happens when enough of the league (white and black) says they will boycott? The NFL won't touch this one with a 50 foot pole.

trapezeus
10-14-2009, 10:56 AM
the NFL has already made it crystal clear that they care about only one thing. They want the money. I bet you that rush deal isn't even close to the LA deal, so they try and take teh high road and say its because of his rude and pathetic personality.

Truth is if Rush walked in with a white hood witha bag of $1.2BN for the team, the owners would let it happen immediately because it'll just push up their teams values higher.

Business no longer has values or morals. it's pure greed. And when they say it isn't, it's because that person isn't paying enough.

Mike in Syracuse
10-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Rush may be very popular with the angry unemployed white male demographic but that's about it.

He's about to find out just how unpopular he is with the rest of society.

psubills62
10-14-2009, 11:07 AM
the NFL owners are very smart business people...there is no way they let somebody into the group that is despised by half the population and disliked by another 25%. And Rush can poo-poo all he wants that black players won't play for him. People keep lists of racist things he has said. Solid stars are coming out and saying they won't play for them. What happens when enough of the league (white and black) says they will boycott? The NFL won't touch this one with a 50 foot pole.

That's my point...if Rush was a racist but was quiet about it, I'm sure the owners wouldn't care. I think Jim Irsay's comments about Rush were telling. He didn't criticize Rush's beliefs, just the outspokenness of them.

He's unpopular with the masses, thus the owners won't be on board with it.

trapezeus
10-14-2009, 11:11 AM
the owners have criminals on their rosters. People who've beaten other people, broken laws that most people don't break. players who kill other people, players who kill other animals, the Raiderse have a coach who may go to jail midseason.

they don't give two ****s about the image. They want the money.

i guarantee you the rush bid isn't competitive enough. If it was, they'll let him through.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-14-2009, 11:35 AM
rush is just an entertainer... would you rather a punk rapper who spews "kill cops" "rape the ho" lyrics ? I bet one of them would not even get questiond about owning

BuffaloBlitz83
10-14-2009, 11:42 AM
rush is just an entertainer... would you rather a punk rapper who spews "kill cops" "rape the ho" lyrics ? I bet one of them would not even get questiond about owning

The rapper is an entertainer too :bs:

Commissioner
10-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it. - Rush Limbaugh.

I don't think anyone who equates a lot of hard working black athletes to criminals and murders should own a franchise. He'd probably view himself as a slave owner.

BidsJr
10-14-2009, 11:46 AM

You can hate on the guy all that you want, but a very large portion of the reason that the Bills could leave Buffalo are the Liberal wealth punishing policies of the State of New York.

You can blame the State of New York on Tom Galisano leaving the state for Florida as well.

Do a search sometime on "Americas Best Places to Start a Business." Pretty sure at least 6 out of the top 10 are in the state of Texas.

Why exactly can Jerry Jones fill a 100,00 seat stadium with a gazillion luxury boxes? Maybe because the state encourages wealth building as opposed to the state of New York killing Buffalo to pay for the welfare programs of New York City.

Dr. Pepper
10-14-2009, 12:04 PM

yeah because the NBA and the NFL are the same league, right?

Stewie
10-14-2009, 12:07 PM
much ado about nothing. Money talks, if they got it, they will get the franchise.

Jan Reimers
10-14-2009, 12:11 PM
No, because there is a major double standard in this country.

Ebenezer
10-14-2009, 12:28 PM
That's my point...if Rush was a racist but was quiet about it, I'm sure the owners wouldn't care. I think Jim Irsay's comments about Rush were telling. He didn't criticize Rush's beliefs, just the outspokenness of them.

He's unpopular with the masses, thus the owners won't be on board with it.
and there is a question as the racist beliefs of some of his potential partners...his involvement is going to get others digging around about them

Dr. Pepper
10-14-2009, 12:28 PM
No, because there is a major double standard in this country.

im not condoning it, im just saying the NBA and NFL are two completely different leagues. they were using jay-z as a reference as if it somehow applied to the Rams. while we're at it why dont we throw in jim balsillie phoenix coyotes references, since rationale doesnt seem to matter.

Ebenezer
10-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it. - Rush Limbaugh.

I don't think anyone who equates a lot of hard working black athletes to criminals and murders should own a franchise. He'd probably view himself as a slave owner.

you mean like Marge Shott?? Baseball would have been more than happy to get rid of her 100x over.

BidsJr
10-14-2009, 12:34 PM
and there is a question as the racist beliefs of some of his potential partners...his involvement is going to get others digging around about them

It is funny how people throw around racism without any firm examples. One of Rush's best friends/ call screener is a black guy, but I guess he just hates him too. lol

Stewie
10-14-2009, 12:39 PM
It is funny how people throw around racism without any firm examples. One of Rush's best friends/ call screener is a black guy, but I guess he just hates him too. lol

I don't think rush hates him.

I think he thinks his call screener is a member of an inferior race.

also, LOL at "I'm not racist, I have a black friend!" and even more LOL at the fact that his black friend is paid to be there.

Jan Reimers
10-14-2009, 12:46 PM
No one knows if Rush is a racist or not. Left wingers hate him because he is a conservative.

Mr. Pink
10-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Keeping the politics out of it, this is great news. The rams need to be the team that heads back to LA...and pronto. They suck, no one goes and they originally are from LA. It makes too much sense.

If at the end of the season the rams end up back in LA, that's one huge problem avoided for the Bills.

Actually, they're originally from Cleveland.

trapezeus
10-14-2009, 12:56 PM
No one knows if Rush is a racist or not. Left wingers hate him because he is a conservative.

Jan, do you really want a guy who says such pathetic stuff as "a conservative"? Do you really side with some of the stuff he says?

You don't have to answer that as thisisn't the spin zone, but i do think it's odd that you can say, "no one knows if he's a racist or not." despite the overwhelming number of quotes from him throughout his career that says he's definitely closed minded.

BidsJr
10-14-2009, 01:00 PM
I think he thinks his call screener is a member of an inferior race.

You get this how?

BidsJr
10-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Jan, do you really want a guy who says such pathetic stuff as "a conservative"? Do you really side with some of the stuff he says?

You don't have to answer that as thisisn't the spin zone, but i do think it's odd that you can say, "no one knows if he's a racist or not." despite the overwhelming number of quotes from him throughout his career that says he's definitely closed minded.

Pure ignorance. Oh wait conservatives are naturally racist because they are closed minded.

trapezeus
10-14-2009, 01:02 PM
i guess, this can now move to the spin zone.

my intent was just to say it was good news that the NFL was poopooing the deal. The rosenblooms or whatever the current owners apparently intend to be out of the team by the end of the season. So as long as a local ownership doesn't win the bid...this team should head back to LA. And that's good news for the Bills.

But when you bring up a rush's name, most people want to scream how much they hate him....or at least the sane people. :-)

BidsJr
10-14-2009, 01:05 PM
***edited for TOS violation***

Dr. Pepper
10-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Yea you are an idiot.

way to come in and ruin the civil discussion. :crazy:

BidsJr
10-14-2009, 01:27 PM
way to come in and ruin the civil discussion. :crazy:

That's right, it is civil when the liberal throws the "you're insane" potshot, but uncivil when I respond?

Typical.

Mine edited for TOS but not his. There ya go.

Dr. Pepper
10-14-2009, 01:38 PM
That's right, it is civil when the liberal throws the "you're insane" potshot, but uncivil when I respond?

Typical.

Mine edited for TOS but not his. There ya go.

he never said u were insane.

BidsJr
10-14-2009, 01:41 PM
he never said u were insane.

"But when you bring up a rush's name, most people want to scream how much they hate him....or at least the sane people. :-)"

That is what is called a necessary inference. :penalty:

Dr. Pepper
10-14-2009, 01:43 PM
"But when you bring up a rush's name, most people want to scream how much they hate him....or at least the sane people. :-)"

That is what is called a necessary inference. :penalty:

yes but he also put the smiley face at the end, which i took to infer that he was kidding.

BidsJr
10-14-2009, 01:44 PM
yes but he also put the smiley face at the end, which i took to infer that he was kidding.

Sorry, I guess I misplaced my smiley to english dictionary.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-14-2009, 01:48 PM
The rapper is an entertainer too :bs:
I know.. but the rapper would get less neg press then rush

bottom line: I dont give a rip if rush owns or does not own

Dr. Pepper
10-14-2009, 01:49 PM
Sorry, I guess I misplaced my smiley to english dictionary.

lol

DynaPaul
10-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Rush is w-w-wrong. Say it!

trapezeus
10-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Bidsjr, i was just kidding around. apologies.

anyways, like i said, the intent of the post was just to maybe cherish that something good may be happening. and that is that any local purchase out of St Louis be stymied and get them in their mayflower trucks back to LA.

Left or Right, Bills fans can all breathe easy once the Rush led local group fails.

Beastie Bills
10-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Bidsjr, i was just kidding around. apologies.

anyways, like i said, the intent of the post was just to maybe cherish that something good may be happening. and that is that any local purchase out of St Louis be stymied and get them in their mayflower trucks back to LA.

Left or Right, Bills fans can all breathe easy once the Rush led local group fails.
And...it just did:

<table class="s_playerNewsTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif</td><td class="s_playerNewsLeftBorder">http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif</td><td class="s_playerNewsText">Conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh has been dropped from a group of potential buyers of the Rams, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
St. Louis Blues owner Dave Checketts, aiming to buy the team from Chip Rosenbloom, felt Limbaugh's minority ownership would create too much controversy. Limbaugh said Wednesday that he is "not even thinking of exiting" his bid to own the Rams. Checketts, however, is calling the shots.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

trapezeus
10-14-2009, 03:22 PM
like i said, hopefully rush's minority share was still a lot of money and they have trouble finding someone to step up to the plate. For all the talk of the LA purchase, there doesn't seem to be a well organized group ready to just buy a team. If they truly were ready to go, why don't they make their bid and end this? the longer it goes on, the bigger chance it becomes a bidding war.

Ebenezer
10-14-2009, 04:57 PM
And...it just did:

<table class="s_playerNewsTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif</td><td class="s_playerNewsLeftBorder">http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif</td><td class="s_playerNewsText">Conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh has been dropped from a group of potential buyers of the Rams, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
St. Louis Blues owner Dave Checketts, aiming to buy the team from Chip Rosenbloom, felt Limbaugh's minority ownership would create too much controversy. Limbaugh said Wednesday that he is "not even thinking of exiting" his bid to own the Rams. Checketts, however, is calling the shots.

</td></tr></tbody></table>
Checketts may also be a little bit fearful that his positions may be researched.

Stewie
10-14-2009, 05:41 PM
guys you're not reading it right. the group is still going to buy the rams.. they're just dropping rush.

the will of the people has spoken. and racists are further marginalized.

a small but important victory for america.

Ingtar33
10-14-2009, 06:13 PM

LOL... live in that world of denial.. if you think Rush is too "bad" a person to own an NFL team, then you don't want to know about 29 or the other 32 owners. The league is run by racists, bigots, homophobes, scum bags, druggies, adulterers and general criminals.

Rush would (depending on your view of the man) either improve the quality of the NFL owners, or fit right in.

Ingtar33
10-14-2009, 06:14 PM
guys you're not reading it right. the group is still going to buy the rams.. they're just dropping rush.

the will of the people has spoken. and racists are further marginalized.

a small but important victory for america.

now we just have to get the other 20+ racists out of owning their nfl teams. You're really neive if you think Rush is in the class of the scum who run these franchises.

I'll paraphrase Keith Olberman on this issue... "This is absurd, If they're going to start to screen NFL owners based on their politics and character there will only be 3 owners left"

Ebenezer
10-14-2009, 06:31 PM
now we just have to get the other 20+ racists out of owning their nfl teams. You're really neive if you think Rush is in the class of the scum who run these franchises.

I'll paraphrase Keith Olberman on this issue... "This is absurd, If they're going to start to screen NFL owners based on their politics and character there will only be 3 owners left"
I am not disagreeing...I am not saying the man doesn't have a right to own part of a team...I'm just saying that his public persona is such that they wouldn't want anything to do with him.

Block "O"
10-14-2009, 10:45 PM

What about his comment is wrong? With all the tattoos and stuff they do look like gang members? Do they not? By way to take that out of context, you should work for pMSNBC.

Block "O"
10-14-2009, 10:46 PM

Oh racists who support drug dealing are allowed in the NBA? Sorry I didn't know that LOL. I would have assumed all leagues would resemble one another in the types of owners they would allow.

YoungEz
10-14-2009, 10:49 PM

Rich white jewish men are the ones behind cop killa and bling and dealing

You guys comparing rappers/Jay Z to Rush Limbaugh is ridiculous

Block "O"
10-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Rich white jewish men are the ones behind cop killa and bling and dealing

You guys comparing rappers/Jay Z to Rush Limbaugh is ridiculous

Yea the jews did it, the jews did it. Adolph Hitler would be proud of you.

YoungEz
10-14-2009, 10:57 PM
What about his comment is wrong? With all the tattoos and stuff they do look like gang members? Do they not? By way to take that out of context, you should work for pMSNBC.

I am one who thinks people can say what they want, like Imus getting killed over a comment that was even a joke bout rutgers women bball... when he shouldnt have.

Since when is Jay z a racist?

YoungEz
10-14-2009, 11:01 PM
Yea the jews did it, the jews did it. Adolph Hitler would be proud of you.

You are so ridiculous, how does what I say even relate to Hitler?

Who owns/runs the music business for the last decades... Rich whites who are mostly jewish also, they are the ones who put the music out and sign the deals.

Do you have any knowledge or common sense?

(If you watch fox news or refer to yourself as a democrat or republican please don't bother responding)

Block "O"
10-14-2009, 11:17 PM
You are so ridiculous, how does what I say even relate to Hitler?

Who owns/runs the music business for the last decades... Rich whites who are mostly jewish also, they are the ones who put the music out and sign the deals.

Do you have any knowledge or common sense?

(If you watch fox news or refer to yourself as a democrat or republican please don't bother responding)
Coming out labeling a race makes you an anti-Semite. That's just sad you don't understand that. By the way, I'm a Libertarian....thanks for asking. But you have the freedom of racist speech, just don't ask me to agree with it. 'Youngez' I'm guessing you're a fan of that crap music known as hip-hop so I don't expect you to be fair when it comes to Jay-Z. I guess you missed his whole 'white america' is evil rant at the Obama inaugaration.

life of faith
10-14-2009, 11:17 PM
sup Block O :rockon:

Block "O"
10-14-2009, 11:26 PM
sup Block O :rockon:

What's happening my god-fearing friend. :peace:

trapezeus
10-14-2009, 11:29 PM
LOL... live in that world of denial.. if you think Rush is too "bad" a person to own an NFL team, then you don't want to know about 29 or the other 32 owners. The league is run by racists, bigots, homophobes, scum bags, druggies, adulterers and general criminals.

Rush would (depending on your view of the man) either improve the quality of the NFL owners, or fit right in.

This is the second time i've seen you write something like this. Not that I don't believe you, but i'd love to hear a story or two that you've heard. I meant to ask last time you posted that. what can i say, i thrive off of gossip. :-)

YoungEz
10-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Coming out labeling a race makes you an anti-Semite. That's just sad you don't understand that. By the way, I'm a Libertarian....thanks for asking. But you have the freedom of racist speech, just don't ask me to agree with it. 'Youngez' I'm guessing you're a fan of that crap music known as hip-hop so I don't expect you to be fair when it comes to Jay-Z.

Actually no it does not and that makes absolutely no sense. Describing the average music executive is being an anti-semite? I would think that is the opposite since it is a positive thing

What have I said that is racist speech? You seem to just throw that word arround everywhere.

Yes a message board name tells all (sarcasm)
Also "hip-hop" is not crap music what you are referring to would be rap but that would be a whole different debate

What exactly is wrong with Jay-Z and how is he a racist?

life of faith
10-14-2009, 11:30 PM
What's happening my god-fearing friend. :peace:

Im looking to partake in some rational good discussion. This doesn't seem to be the place http://www.billievers.com/forums/images/smilies/sasmokin.gif

Block "O"
10-14-2009, 11:37 PM
Actually no it does not and that makes absolutely no sense. Describing the average music executive is being an anti-semite? I would think that is the opposite since it is a positive thing

What have I said that is racist speech? You seem to just throw that word arround everywhere.

Yes a message board name tells all (sarcasm)
Also "hip-hop" is not crap music what you are referring to would be rap but that would be a whole different debate

What exactly is wrong with Jay-Z and how is he a racist?

With all due respect Mr. EZ I'm a political science major and you don't sound like you have the mental capacity to have a rational conversation about matters involving serious issues IMHO. Unfortunately for you good sir, I don't entertain ignorance of your kind.

YoungEz
10-14-2009, 11:46 PM
With all due respect Mr. EZ I'm a political science major and you don't sound like you have the mental capacity to have a rational conversation about matters involving serious issues IMHO. Unfortunately for you good sir, I don't entertain ignorance of your kind.

The funny thing is you just misuse terms (ex. racist) and avoid a simple question to explain yourself.

If you really want to get into education odds are I go to a lot better college but that has nothing to do with what was being talked about.

Unfortunately for me? If you are trying to take shots at me to avoid the actual conversation at least use the right word.

Fortunately for you good sir, I don't entertain ignorance of your kind.
You may want to edit it to that. Your Welcome

Ingtar33
10-14-2009, 11:58 PM
This is the second time i've seen you write something like this. Not that I don't believe you, but i'd love to hear a story or two that you've heard. I meant to ask last time you posted that. what can i say, i thrive off of gossip. :-)

Well most of the stories I could tell are 2nd hand... when i worked in a front office i didn't really have a lot of personal contact with most of the owners.. but did i ever hear some stories.

I do know i heard one owner (sorry if i don't get more specific then this) call an African American star on his team an "uppity n" (i edited the content understandably... he certainly didn't stop at "n" in his comment)... and this was a "respected" and "classy" owner... the others around him didn't object to the term and just laughed... now.. i know that owner has a pretty big hand in his teams draft, and that player was drafted by his team.

Just because these guys are rich racists, doesn't mean they don't want to win.

Stewie
10-15-2009, 12:57 AM

no one knows what rush thinks, but you know what all left wingers are. Ooooookay whateeeever you say man.

Stewie
10-15-2009, 12:59 AM

I never said anything about any otherh owners. you're putting words in my mouth. stop it.

Stewie
10-15-2009, 01:00 AM
of course some NFL owners are racist, they're wealthy 80 year old white guys. and when they die, the world will be slightly less racist.

Jan Reimers
10-15-2009, 08:01 AM
Other than Rush's comments on McNabb - which were pointed at the media - I defy anyone to provide an actual, verifiable quote, sound bite, or video clip of Rush being a racist.

He is so hated and feared by the left that quotes are attributed to him which he never made.

Dr. Lecter
10-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Other than Rush's comments on McNabb - which were pointed at the media - I defy anyone to provide an actual, verifiable quote, sound bite, or video clip of Rush being a racist.

He is so hated and feared by the left that quotes are attributed to him which he never made.

. I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.

. Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.

Take that bone out of your nose and call me back(to an African American female caller).

Jan, the guy is slime. I would not be surprised if part of it is a schtick, but the man is worthless and gives conservatives a bad name.

Jan Reimers
10-15-2009, 08:16 AM
If these are actual, verifiable guotes, I agree that they are WAY out of line, and not consistent with my beliefs.

Jan Reimers
10-15-2009, 08:22 AM
If these are actual, verifiable guotes, I agree that they are WAY out of line, and not consistent with my beliefs.
But neither are some of the things that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have said, and I wonder how they would be treated if either tried to buy into an NFL franchise.

I am really about some fundamental fairness in this country.

trapezeus
10-15-2009, 08:40 AM
Well most of the stories I could tell are 2nd hand... when i worked in a front office i didn't really have a lot of personal contact with most of the owners.. but did i ever hear some stories.

I do know i heard one owner (sorry if i don't get more specific then this) call an African American star on his team an "uppity n" (i edited the content understandably... he certainly didn't stop at "n" in his comment)... and this was a "respected" and "classy" owner... the others around him didn't object to the term and just laughed... now.. i know that owner has a pretty big hand in his teams draft, and that player was drafted by his team.

Just because these guys are rich racists, doesn't mean they don't want to win.

am i an idiot for not being able to figure out which owner you are talking about?

But thanks for the antecdote. any word if ralph is one of those guys? As stupid as he is with football, i considered him to be a fairly good man. but perhaps i'm wrong.

Stewie
10-15-2009, 09:45 AM
besides being a racist, the guy loves to lie and distort

here's an example:

rush said he and checketts would have been running the team

checketts said rush was to be a limited partner with no decision making authority whatsoever.

a white lie? maybe. and maybe this had more to do with dropping rush than the whole racism thing. Rush didn't understand his place. Sounds like he would have been one of those uppity owners.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/15/conflict-emerges-in-checketts-limbaugh-comments/

trapezeus
10-15-2009, 10:00 AM
you can't really cite that as rush lying. i dislike rush as much as the next guy, but checkett is trying to do some serious damage control. he wants the team and he wants it to stay in ST louis. He heard that rush's presence has sunk the team. now he has to play it off as though he was barely aware that he was part of the plan and that he has plenty of other investors that can pony up the money.

rush might be correct on this one. they might have planned being the most involved, but checkett wants that team and isn't going to take the bullet for rush.

Let this be a lesson to young boys and girls. You spend your life saying and doing stupid ****, you will end up losing face and paying a price later down the road.

Stewie
10-15-2009, 10:47 AM
you can't really cite that as rush lying. i dislike rush as much as the next guy, but checkett is trying to do some serious damage control. he wants the team and he wants it to stay in ST louis. He heard that rush's presence has sunk the team. now he has to play it off as though he was barely aware that he was part of the plan and that he has plenty of other investors that can pony up the money.

rush might be correct on this one. they might have planned being the most involved, but checkett wants that team and isn't going to take the bullet for rush.

Let this be a lesson to young boys and girls. You spend your life saying and doing stupid ****, you will end up losing face and paying a price later down the road.
?

either checketts or rush is lying. lets not pretend it isn't what it is. "damage control" is a nice way of saying hiring professional liars to distort the truth and rewrite history for you. eg lying.

DraftBoy
10-15-2009, 11:15 AM

Tim Brown told a story on the radio here in Atlanta (680 The Fan) about how when he drafted by the Raiders, he was told Al Davis didn't like draft black guys out of Notre Dame.

“Meeting Al [Davis] was pretty unique. I found out five or ten minutes after my first practice there that he hated African-American athletes from Notre Dame. And they literally told me that. They literally told me that because we’re known for using our education more than our athletic ability that he thought that I would be one of these guys that would basically take the money and run. I don’t know if that was a ploy to get me amped up, but it certainly worked.”

I can't stand Rush politically or for his entertainment value because half the crap he spews he doesnt even believe. But I dont believe it should prevent him from owning a team if he has the money and would be dedicated to its success.

trapezeus
10-15-2009, 11:22 AM
like i said before, i really don't think the NFL has any standards at any level. Players are killing other people and animals with slaps on the wrists. a Coach has beaten another coach and is still coaching, owners are actively pushing the average fan out of the game and made a history of taking tax payer money in rich welfare schemes.

The NfL thinks about one thing and one thing only. Money. And if Rush and co come in with the largest offer, everyone will be on board. They know they have a drug called professional football and it's impossible for people to just drop it cold turkey. But as the NBA showed, you take your audience for granted for too long and pretend that major issues don't exist, you'll find yourself off the top spot of professional sports.

Ebenezer
10-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Jan, its 2009....there are people on the left (and right) listening to the neo-Frank Burns of the world (Rush and Beck) and recording everything they say. Words come back. Some of these folks have pages of quotes from these two. They are scum. Did you see the interview with Rush the other night and how condescending he was? The guy thinks he's the big ****. He's an ass. No offense, I have to question anybody that would listen to either of there ****ers.

If politics were not as polarized as they are right now (and Rush, O'Reilly and Beck are mostly responsible for that, imo) I really wonder what people old enough to remember Frank Burns of MASH-fame would think of these people. I swear - I hear Beck and Burns and Col. Flagg are the first things that come to mind. These folks are not healthy people.

NB - this post in no way excuses members of the left that act in the same manner - the discussion is about Rush.

trapezeus
10-15-2009, 06:12 PM
http://www.usnews.com/blogs/robert-schl ... wners.html

teams breakdowns of political donations.....take it for what its worth.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Those quotes by Rush are truly disgusting. Jan, don't bring Jesse James and Sharpton into this scenario. This is about Rush. And those quotes on top of the McNabb stuff, come on. There is a reason, why so many African American players were angered. The guy is a low life, scum. America is trying to be less racist. Adding Rush, guarantees no Black QB's forever in St Louis lol

Block "O"
10-16-2009, 12:39 AM
The funny thing is you just misuse terms (ex. racist) and avoid a simple question to explain yourself.

If you really want to get into education odds are I go to a lot better college but that has nothing to do with what was being talked about.

Unfortunately for me? If you are trying to take shots at me to avoid the actual conversation at least use the right word.

Fortunately for you good sir, I don't entertain ignorance of your kind.
You may want to edit it to that. Your Welcome
The guy judging education misuses 'you're'. Damn spellchecker missed that one eh dummy.

'If you really want to get into education odds are I go to a lot better college but that has nothing to do with what was being talked about.'

Hmmm, I'm guessing Community College by that sentence structure.

But Mr. EZ maybe that type of language was appropriate in your Ebonics curriculum.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-16-2009, 12:53 AM
Internet beer muscles are flexing in this thread :xtreme:

Stewie
10-16-2009, 01:14 AM
:flex:

dplus47
10-16-2009, 01:48 AM

when george soros wanted to buy the washington nationals a while back, there were republican congressmen who threatened to take away MLB's antitrust exemption if he were allowed to purchase the team. he was rejected, and the reasons were entirely political, as the rejection was brought about by politicians because of soros' political leanings.

just recently, when mark cuban wanted to buy the cubs, MLB said no. this was because the MLB didn't want to further tarnish their brand with a loudmouth like cuban.

i think the limbaugh rejection falls into the second (mark cuban) category. he's on the air every day, and a big part of his job is creating controversy. the NFL wanted to protect its brand; that's why jim irsay spoke up (he's a republican, btw). you can't have someone who has a really high profile like rush alienating a significant portion of your target audience. that would be a horrible business decision for the entire league.

the funny thing is, most of the rush fans who are complaining about the move are people who also champion the "free market." this is how it works.

Ebenezer
10-16-2009, 10:30 AM
when george soros wanted to buy the washington nationals a while back, there were republican congressmen who threatened to take away MLB's antitrust exemption if he were allowed to purchase the team. he was rejected, and the reasons were entirely political, as the rejection was brought about by politicians because of soros' political leanings.

just recently, when mark cuban wanted to buy the cubs, MLB said no. this was because the MLB didn't want to further tarnish their brand with a loudmouth like cuban.

i think the limbaugh rejection falls into the second (mark cuban) category. he's on the air every day, and a big part of his job is creating controversy. the NFL wanted to protect its brand; that's why jim irsay spoke up (he's a republican, btw). you can't have someone who has a really high profile like rush alienating a significant portion of your target audience. that would be a horrible business decision for the entire league.

the funny thing is, most of the rush fans who are complaining about the move are people who also champion the "free market." this is how it works.
it's not just the message...it is the delivery. Rush and Beck use fear and wording that reaches the kernel of fear that gets people emotional. Whether it is an act or real it's disgusting and scary. How many people (small percentage) listen and then start foaming at the mouth - and don't say it is none. I have talked with family members who listen these two and you should here what they then say. Using people's preconceived fears to try to drive home a political philosophy? Damn scary. If radio programmers had any taste Rush wouldn't even have a job but it is all about the money. People buy crap and are willing to pay for it (re: Bills home games on Sundays).

NB: This again does not free those on the left that act in the same way - again this is a discussion about Rush.