• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Rush's st Louis bid not going well

Keeping the politics out of it, this is great news. The rams need to be the team that heads back to LA...and pronto. They suck, no one goes and they originally are from LA. It makes too much sense.

If at the end of the season the rams end up back in LA, that's one huge problem avoided for the Bills.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Rush's st Louis bid not going well

Rush is a bad idea for the NFL... they shouldn't even allow it, and if it gets close they will have to step in...

If Rush is an NFL owner I will stop supporting the NFL. I despise him and his kind that much. He offers nothing positive to the human race... NOTHING, in fact he sets us back as a species IMO

Comment

• Chewytie
      • Feb 2009

The Bills will have avoided the LA situation but wasn't there a possibility of the team moving to Las Vegas?
      /Pensive

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

nope...NFL won't play in LAs Vegas due to gambling. in the NFL You can beat, kill, or maim a person, but you can't bet against the spread. Only the highest moral character for the NFL

Comment

• Beastie Bills
          Senior Zoner
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ddaryl
          Rush is a bad idea for the NFL... they shouldn't even allow it, and if it gets close they will have to step in...

If Rush is an NFL owner I will stop supporting the NFL. I despise him and his kind that much. He offers nothing positive to the human race... NOTHING, in fact he sets us back as a species IMO
          I hate Rush. Not for his supposed politics, but for the kind of meddling whore he is. He isn't nearly as conservative as he pretends to be, but makes millions off of his charade, all while stirring the pot of hatred and divisiveness.

Comment

• Block "O"
            lowering the bar with every post
            • Sep 2008

Jay Z who talks about being a drug dealer and who himself is a racist can be a part owner of a team but Rush can't? Yeah that makes sense.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

24 of the 32 owners have to accept Rush into the fraternity...he won't even get a sniff.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• EricStratton
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                nope...NFL won't play in LAs Vegas due to gambling. in the NFL You can beat, kill, or maim a person, but you can't bet against the spread. Only the highest moral character for the NFL

The hang-up in Vegas is games played in state or by in-state teams have to come off the board and the NFL would never want a game taken off the board each week.

They survive and DirectTV survives on gambling, they would never kill the golden goose.

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Block "O"
                  Jay Z who talks about being a drug dealer and who himself is a racist can be a part owner of a team but Rush can't? Yeah that makes sense.
                  I think part of the problem is not what Rush believes, but how vocally he believes it.
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

the question is, "how big is rush's proposed stake?" If he is only pitching in like 20-$100MM, there are plenty of other investors to substitute in. if he was carryinga bigger burden of $250MM to $600MM, then that bid is pretty much dead in the water.

And like i said, that's great news for Buffalo.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                      I think part of the problem is not what Rush believes, but how vocally he believes it.
                      the NFL owners are very smart business people...there is no way they let somebody into the group that is despised by half the population and disliked by another 25%. And Rush can poo-poo all he wants that black players won't play for him. People keep lists of racist things he has said. Solid stars are coming out and saying they won't play for them. What happens when enough of the league (white and black) says they will boycott? The NFL won't touch this one with a 50 foot pole.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

the NFL has already made it crystal clear that they care about only one thing. They want the money. I bet you that rush deal isn't even close to the LA deal, so they try and take teh high road and say its because of his rude and pathetic personality.

Truth is if Rush walked in with a white hood witha bag of $1.2BN for the team, the owners would let it happen immediately because it'll just push up their teams values higher.

Business no longer has values or morals. it's pure greed. And when they say it isn't, it's because that person isn't paying enough.

Comment

• Mike in Syracuse
                          • Jul 2002

Rush may be very popular with the angry unemployed white male demographic but that's about it.

He's about to find out just how unpopular he is with the rest of society.

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                            the NFL owners are very smart business people...there is no way they let somebody into the group that is despised by half the population and disliked by another 25%. And Rush can poo-poo all he wants that black players won't play for him. People keep lists of racist things he has said. Solid stars are coming out and saying they won't play for them. What happens when enough of the league (white and black) says they will boycott? The NFL won't touch this one with a 50 foot pole.
                            That's my point...if Rush was a racist but was quiet about it, I'm sure the owners wouldn't care. I think Jim Irsay's comments about Rush were telling. He didn't criticize Rush's beliefs, just the outspokenness of them.

He's unpopular with the masses, thus the owners won't be on board with it.
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

the owners have criminals on their rosters. People who've beaten other people, broken laws that most people don't break. players who kill other people, players who kill other animals, the Raiderse have a coach who may go to jail midseason.

they don't give two ****s about the image. They want the money.

i guarantee you the rush bid isn't competitive enough. If it was, they'll let him through.

Comment

Working...
                              X