Starting Fitzpatrick is a waste of time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Starting Fitzpatrick is a waste of time.

Edwards is still the best QB on the roster. Change for the sake of change is ridiculous.

I'm not sure how any QB can play behind a line that has had Chambers and Jonathan Scott getting mulitiple reps. Add Bell, who has been a penalty machine and a lot on inconsisitency from Hangartner with two rookies trying to find their head from their asses and I really don't know what you are expecting.

Did any of you watch Fitzpatrick play last year?? I did and it's going to be worse with him out there, not better.

Edwards is playing like a guy who insecure. Do you blame him? He's a pocket passer for the most part.

The Bills should have signed Vick. he'd be starting and it would have made sense.

But Fitzpatrick?? Now you guys are grasping at straws.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Starting Fitzpatrick is a waste of time.

I agree with this. Keep Trent in there.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

makes you wonder how many people would be ok to see michael vick in a bills jersey now...i mean specifically with how bad the line is, you need a mobile guy who buys times and makes defenses think twice about blitzing ever single down.

i hate michael vick the human, but we could sure have used his skills right about now.

Comment

• Beastie Bills
        Senior Zoner
        • Mar 2009

I'm against starting Fitzpatrick, but not because I have any faith in Trent. I do think Trent is a more skilled QB, but he's a pussy. Fitz will take some risks with the football that Trent won't. He'll actually throw the ball downfield, and he'll probably have more turnovers, but he'll almost definitely score more points.

Since I've given up all hope for this season, I want us to go 1-15. If we change our QB or coach mid-season, we'll probably win at least 1 or 2 more games.

Comment

• gil
          • Mar 2005

I agree Trent is better, but he sure hasn't looked right lately - and yes, he has been under pressure, but even when he does have time it has been brutal.

I say start Fitz and if he plays as bad as Trent has, then we go back to the real thing - TE's confidence can't get any worse, maybe his pride will demand he play better after a benching.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

plus....it's suppose to be awful weather on sunday in NY/NJ. I want trent to just prove that he can't play in bad weather and get some humor value out of the whole thing.

Comment

• gil
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
              plus....it's suppose to be awful weather on sunday in NY/NJ. I want trent to just prove that he can't play in bad weather and get some humor value out of the whole thing.
              Yep, I'm pretty much at the macabre humor point of this whole debacle myself.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Beastie Bills
                Fitz will take some risks with the football that Trent won't. He'll actually throw the ball downfield, and he'll probably have more turnovers, but he'll almost definitely score more points.
                Fitzpatrick averaged 5.1 yards a pass in 13 games last year. he's not going to be throwing the ball deep and he had two receiving threats.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  Fitzpatrick averaged 5.1 yards a pass in 13 games last year. he's not going to be throwing the ball deep and he had two receiving threats.
                  He averaged 146 yards of passing per game.

Warm up Hamden.

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    Edwards is still the best QB on the roster. Change for the sake of change is ridiculous.

I'm not sure how any QB can play behind a line that has had Chambers and Jonathan Scott getting mulitiple reps. Add Bell, who has been a penalty machine and a lot on inconsisitency from Hangartner with two rookies trying to find their head from their asses and I really don't know what you are expecting.

Did any of you watch Fitzpatrick play last year?? I did and it's going to be worse with him out there, not better.

Edwards is playing like a guy who insecure. Do you blame him? He's a pocket passer for the most part.

The Bills should have signed Vick. he'd be starting and it would have made sense.

But Fitzpatrick?? Now you guys are grasping at straws.
                    Man...what do you or ANY OF US KNOW.... the only thing we know is that Trent sucks. It doesn't get any worse than scoring 3 points against the worst D in the league.

Trent CANNOT beat the 3-4.

Fitz could bring something different, or he could bring more of the same. Either way we don't lose anything.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
                      Man...what do you or ANY OF US KNOW.... the only thing we know is that Trent sucks. It doesn't get any worse than scoring 3 points against the worst D in the league.

Fitz could bring something different, or he could bring more of the same. Either way we don't lose anything.
                      He's bringing 5.1 yards a pass and 146 yards of passing per game.

What do you think he's going to do out there?

He was brought in to hold Trent's clipboard. He's not the guy you go to for a lift.

Comment

• Beastie Bills
                        Senior Zoner
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Mahdi

That's why I want Trent to remain the starter this year.

We need to stick with our proven loser, so we can go 1-15.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

I would be fairly shocked if they switched QBs this week.

Comment

• DBrown77
                            Watching the Bills suck since 1999
                            • Mar 2005

Trent is playing scared and I don think it will change. He hasnt been the same since the concussion he got in the Arizona game.

He used to take a 5 step drop and throw. You never see him do that anymore. He takes a 5 step drop, bounces up and down, then either takes a sack or dumps it off. Its getting boring watching it.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                              Making Spirits Bright
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus
                              makes you wonder how many people would be ok to see michael vick in a bills jersey now...i mean specifically with how bad the line is, you need a mobile guy who buys times and makes defenses think twice about blitzing ever single down.

i hate michael vick the human, but we could sure have used his skills right about now.
                              Trade T.O. for Vick.

Fitz is not a waste of time, he will at least be more entertaining. At this point, Edwards is a waste of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X