PDA

View Full Version : Philips, Williams, Mularkey, Jauron....

Mahdi
10-14-2009, 09:28 AM
I think its funny that Bills fans NEVER learn. Every three years we call for the HC's head, the new coach comes in and we still dont win. And yet, we continue to do the same ol thing.

People are blaming Jauron for this mess blindly, without taking pause and thinking of the history of this football team.

While Mularkey, Williams, and Philips have gone on to be very successful in this league our team is still in the same rut we have been in for all three of their administrations.

How bout instead of demanding our HC be fired, who IMO has done a respectable job with the talent he has had, we focus on Ralph and pushing him to bring in some talent.

Maularkey is succeeding with Matt Ryan, Williams has a sweet D in NO, Philips is doing well in Dallas. Remember Tom Clements, he is the QB coach in Green Bay. How do you like Aaron Rodgers? Amazing how good a coach can look when he has talented players to coach.

We have a problem here people, we NEED A QB. Push for a new HC all you want, but the problem with this team for the last 15 years has been at the QB position, nothing more, nothing less.

Its unbelievable to me that we are complaining about our coach when we have a QB who put up 13 points in 3 WHOLE GAMES.

The only thing I blame Jauron for is giving Edwards such a long leash....

How bout we put up a START FITZPATRICK billboard and get the scared, noodle arm, check down QB out of a starting QB role in the NFL.

MassEffect218435
10-14-2009, 09:31 AM
I blame the owner and front office more than I blame the coaches. How is Jauron supposed to do anything when the owner keeps raping him of all of his talent? Dockery, Peters, Fletcher, Spikes, etc... What has the owner/front office done to replace that talent to help Jauron out? THE PROBLEM IS THE OWNERSHIP.

raphael120
10-14-2009, 09:33 AM
You make a very valid point.

Things won't change with Ralph at the helm, plain and simple. You have the same talent evaluators that have given us all of our draft picks in the past 8 or so years that have amounted to nothing. The only player to make the pro bowl was our damn punter and he wasn't drafted by us, if I recall.

Sure, you can change a lot by changing the head coach. You bring in a guy with clout like Holmgren who has a lot of connections and knows how a good football organization is run, then sure, that'll change everything, but until Ralph admits that he has no effing clue how to run a football team and to get a marketing guy out of a GM role and put a football guy in there, things will never change.

Beastie Bills
10-14-2009, 09:34 AM
It all falls on Ralph.

Ralph hires a crappy GM.

The GM hires a crappy Head Coach.

The Head Coach hires crappy Assistant Coaches.

They all draft crappy players and sign crappy free agents.

And we keep buying tickets.

Philagape
10-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Every three years we call for the QB's head, the new QB comes in and we still don't win.

Mularkey and Williams are doing very well.... as coordinators. Big difference.

Is anyone here capable of evaluating players and coaches on their own merits instead of comparing them to others? To determine if Dick is a problem, look at the things Dick does as a coach: adjustments, in-game decisions, player development, leadership. The man is incompetent in the things coaches do. He makes nobody better. He brings nothing to the table. He does nothing well. We've known these things for years. We knew it when he was hired, and a lot of us knew how he would turn out. He's exactly what we thought he was: a career loser.
And on a team that doesn't have a football man as a GM, Dick is integral in talent evaluation. He carries a lot of responsibility in bringing in the crap that he has to work with.

And is anyone here capable of realizing there's more than one problem with this team? Do you know how stupid it sounds when you refer to anything as THE problem with the Bills? A team doesn't get this bad without having many problems. Are you capable of grasping that the coach AND quarterback are bad? And offensive line? And front office? And owner?

Mahdi
10-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Every three years we call for the QB's head, the new QB comes in and we still don't win.

Mularkey and Williams are doing very well.... as coordinators. Big difference.

Is anyone here capable of evaluating players and coaches on their own merits instead of comparing them to others? To determine if Dick is a problem, look at the things Dick does as a coach: adjustments, in-game decisions, player development, leadership. The man is incompetent in the things coaches do. He makes nobody better. He brings nothing to the table. He does nothing well. We've known these things for years. We knew it when he was hired, and a lot of us knew how he would turn out. He's exactly what we thought he was: a career loser.
And on a team that doesn't have a football man as a GM, Dick is integral in talent evaluation. He carries a lot of responsibility in bringing in the crap that he has to work with.

And is anyone here capable of realizing there's more than one problem with this team? Do you know how stupid it sounds when you refer to anything as THE problem with the Bills? A team doesn't get this bad without having many problems. Are you capable of grasping that the coach AND quarterback are bad? And offensive line? And front office? And owner?
DJ has run a very efficient defense with less talent that most defenses in the league. He has brought plenty to the Bills.

Has he made errors in time management? Yes. The funny thing is that Bills fans believe these are mistakes exclusive to our team. It isn't. I watch at least 4 football games a week and in every game the commentators question why a coach is not using a time out or why he did. And those are some of the best coaches in the league.

Rex Ryan could have used his timeouts to make sure his offense had time to score after the Dolphins, he didn't and they were left with 7 seconds. That is just one example, I have seen numerous mistakes from a variety of coaches, every week.

Bottom line, the Bills are always in crappy situations at the end of games and halftime because we dont have the talent to be in good positions at critical times. We are always catching up, holding on, praying for a miracle. So the dumb time out that the coach did or didn't take 15 minutes ago is suddenly the deciding factor because we are frustrated.

This is a QB's league and we are at the bottom in that category. Nothing will change till we get our Ryan, Flacco, Henne, Sanchez... whatever.

Philagape
10-14-2009, 10:30 AM
DJ has run a very efficient defense with less talent that most defenses in the league. He has brought plenty to the Bills.

"Very efficient" is a very generous assessment -- it's usually the other team's offense that's efficient -- but even if that had some kernel of truth to it, that just shows that Dick is no better than a coordinator, just like Williams and Mularkey.

ddaryl
10-14-2009, 10:36 AM
which is why all fans must apply heavy pressure on Ralph to hire a proven coach and get us real football persons in the FO...

We need to make our statements very loud and very clear... Stop dicking us around Ralph

and I agree that it starts with Ralph, but Ralph is going to have the final say in the next coaching decision. If we just wait for him to make that decision we will get something awful

Time to make a tremendous amount of noise demanding excellence

and jauwrong has brought NOTHING worth celebrating to the Bills mahdi... NOTHING I can't believe that crap....

and it still doesn't change the fact that we need ot deamnd a HUGE change at One Bills drive.. otherwise we will never taste the playoffs again... and we probably only have 2- 5 years left before Ralph moves on. I'm not willing to sit here and support his stupid decisions anymore

WeAreArthurMoates
10-14-2009, 10:38 AM
While I agree with what your saying but we do need a new coach. That's why Shannahan or Holmgren make sense. They can do both, how sucessful, that's a different question but Holmgren at GM is a marked improvement.