PDA

View Full Version : Which QB do you want to start vs NYJ?

mybills
10-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Thanks, meathead! :up:

EDS
10-14-2009, 11:12 AM
I want Trent to start. I would give Trent until midseason at least. If he is not the answer longterm (which is pretty apparent) then might as well etch it in stone.

Fitz is obviously not the long term answer and I am not sure there is value in being mediocre at this point.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-14-2009, 11:14 AM
I went Edwards to start cause there's no way we win the game with him at the helm. Fitzpatrick at least knows that d and doesn't play scared vs. 3-4 teams.

Jan Reimers
10-14-2009, 11:15 AM
I'd just like to watch someone other than testosterone-devoid Trent.

ChristopherWalken
10-14-2009, 11:15 AM
No thanks to Fitzcraptrick

justasportsfan
10-14-2009, 11:16 AM
i'd want a jill to start. She'll most likely throw the ball more.

DraftBoy
10-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Palestinian Power!!

Dr. Lecter
10-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Where is the option for Willie Totten?

trapezeus
10-14-2009, 11:20 AM
i want to just run every down.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-14-2009, 11:32 AM
I want trent... just to see if it can get any worse... its like a car wreck... you gotta stop and see and trent could just take us further down the drain...

Jan Reimers
10-14-2009, 11:47 AM
i'd want a jill to start. She'll most likely throw the ball more.
And better.

Mahdi
10-14-2009, 11:50 AM
The fact ppl still want Trent in there is shocking.

We're 1-4, the season is not over.

We can beat anyone in our division with some competent QB play. We also have the Panthers, Chiefs, Texans, Jaguars, Titans, Falcons and Colts remaining on our sched. All are winnable games if we can get our offense going.

Colts might not be playing for anything in week 17.

Also, no one is running away with the division. Pats have lost twice, as have the Jets and the Dolphins have 3 losses.

EDS
10-14-2009, 11:54 AM
The fact ppl still want Trent in there is shocking.

We're 1-4, the season is not over.

We can beat anyone in our division with some competent QB play. We also have the Panthers, Chiefs, Texans, Jaguars, Titans, Falcons and Colts remaining on our sched. All are winnable games if we can get our offense going.

Colts might not be playing for anything in week 17.

Also, no one is running away with the division. Pats have lost twice, as have the Jets and the Dolphins have 3 losses.

The problem is Fitzpatrick is not a competent quarterback either. In addition, with the way the offensive line is playing there is not much any QB can do.

Mahdi
10-14-2009, 12:00 PM
The problem is Fitzpatrick is not a competent quarterback either. In addition, with the way the offensive line is playing there is not much any QB can do.
Comments like this drive me nuts.

Every QB in the league gets pressured. Its well documented and discussed that Trent has had time to make plays and does nothing with it. We get the junk blitzed out of us because no one is afraid of Trent.

If I know that the most a QB will do is complete a 4 yard pass, I'll blitz too and take my chances.

Second, Fitz showed last year that he can make more throws than Trent can. He trusts his WRs and he can make a play. Saying Fitz is no better without him even taking a snap for this team makes absolutely no sense.

The Natrix
10-14-2009, 12:09 PM
Trent

although it would be nice for Fitz to get some time in order to knock off some rust, I'd rather see the season continue to crash and burn with Trent and these clown coaches, so real change will be brought about.

Here's a toast to 1-15 baby!

PECKERWOOD
10-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Palestinian Power!!

Was wondering where the Hamdan option was! :drool2:

Dr. Pepper
10-14-2009, 12:30 PM
i think drew willy is still out there, lets pick him up.

mybills
10-14-2009, 12:31 PM
It's a tie! :rofl:

Mr. Pink
10-14-2009, 12:45 PM
I Vote for Hamdan.

Meathead
10-14-2009, 12:56 PM
ur welcome! :scratch:

Meathead
10-14-2009, 01:11 PM
i voted fitz cuz at this point its just what has to be done

both trent and pass protection are broken so you cant even tell who is most to blame. even if you could figure that out, im not sure these guys could fix it

this club is spewing symptoms of implosion. its coming apart at the seams and its gonna take a lot more than a gelled oline or a psyche restored qb to fix it

if anything is going to provide a spark its gonna have to be from the players. the qb is the easiest place to make the biggest single impact, and whats there now is simply not working regardless of where most of the blame should go. so let fitz take a few swings at it and see what happens

edwards is just in lockdown mode now. hes all jammed up. and even if he has the ability to recover from this, it aint gonna happen now in this climate. let him simmer down for now, hes likely to be needed again later anyway, and at the very least hes in the mix for a qb competition next camp

"Well men, we're facing another slaughter but we have to try to take Little BigBunker Hill. Tally hooooo!" - General Fitzcuster, Oct. 18, 2009

Dujek
10-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Hamdan-ball!

ddaryl
10-14-2009, 01:19 PM
I want to start.. Start me .. I want to know what it feels like to get smacked by a 300LB DT and then pummeled by a 280LB DE, followed by a good whacking from a 250lb LB and then pick my self off the turf after a getting the wind knocked out of me by a 200 lb Cb

and then on the 2nd series .....

EDS
10-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Comments like this drive me nuts.

Every QB in the league gets pressured. Its well documented and discussed that Trent has had time to make plays and does nothing with it. We get the junk blitzed out of us because no one is afraid of Trent.

If I know that the most a QB will do is complete a 4 yard pass, I'll blitz too and take my chances.

Second, Fitz showed last year that he can make more throws than Trent can. He trusts his WRs and he can make a play. Saying Fitz is no better without him even taking a snap for this team makes absolutely no sense.

Fitz was not good at all last season with the Bengals, so I find it difficult to interpret those results as evidence that he can make plays. Indeed, Fitz had a lower QB rating last season then Edwards has now. There is a reason he is now on his third team.

Obviously Edwards is playing horrifically, but Fitz is not the answer. The Bills are better off winning with Edwards or bombing with him, with the goal of getting a top draft choice.

The problems with the offensive line go well beyond pass blocking. The group as a whole has committed penalties - careless ones at that - at near historic levels to date. To further hinder an already pathetic offensive attack in such a manner contributes to the full-on collapse of the unit this season.

DraftBoy
10-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Hamdan would have like 6 or 7 votes at this point.

mybills
10-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Looks like Fitz won the poll.

djjimkelly
10-15-2009, 08:54 AM
i want JP to start sorry but thats what should have been

SABURZFAN
10-15-2009, 09:03 AM
:rofl:

i remember when the Lickers used numerous excuses to defend Losman and now they show their hypocritical side. the hate on Edwards is hilarious. they can't let it go.

mybills
10-15-2009, 09:08 AM
Sab, did you read his title?

NorthCarBills
10-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Neither. Yesterday I requested that the midget trainer simply run in the wildcat formation all day - problem solved.

bills_7
10-15-2009, 02:41 PM
JP? im sure he could get the ball out there... opps thats right hes gone!

SABURZFAN
10-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Sab, did you read his title?

oh yeah.... remember when you Lickers used to get pissed when some of us would spell Lossman like that? :rolleyes:

mybills
10-16-2009, 01:41 PM
oh yeah.... remember when you Lickers used to get pissed when some of us would spell Lossman like that? :rolleyes:
What? :huh:

It says, BEHIND RYAN FITZPATRICK 100%

dplus47
10-16-2009, 07:03 PM
is jeff george available?

elltrain22
10-16-2009, 07:30 PM
anyone but Edwards at this point. I'd vote for JP right now, its just that bad!! I'm so sick and tired of Cpt. Checkdown

BillsWin
10-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Roscoe Parrish. Wildcat 100% of the time.

yordad
10-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Roscoe Parrish. Wildcat 100% of the time.Run it with Fred Jackson!

Billz_fan
10-16-2009, 09:25 PM
I voted to give Fitz a try. We just watched the worst football game in history last week :laughter: How much worse can it get ?

yordad
10-16-2009, 09:31 PM
I kind of want to give Trent one more try.

SquishDaFish
10-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Wildcat the whole game or Moorman can take the QB duties.

SabreEleven
10-16-2009, 09:45 PM
I want to start.. Start me .. I want to know what it feels like to get smacked by a 300LB DT and then pummeled by a 280LB DE, followed by a good whacking from a 250lb LB and then pick my self off the turf after a getting the wind knocked out of me by a 200 lb Cb

and then on the 2nd series .....

Isn't this a regular Saturday night for you?

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2009, 09:59 PM
:rofl:

i remember when the Lickers used numerous excuses to defend Losman and now they show their hypocritical side. the hate on Edwards is hilarious. they can't let it go.

Losman has had more success in the NFL than Trent has, at least statistically speaking, Trent still has yet to top JP's best season... Just saying, you should think about that.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2009, 10:44 PM
Losman has had more success in the NFL than Trent has, at least statistically speaking, Trent still has yet to top JP's best season... Just saying, you should think about that.

i don't give a rats ass about individual stats. it's all about the teams wins and losses to me. take a look at Lossman's record as a starter and compare it to Edwards. just saying, you should look into that.

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2009, 10:51 PM
i don't give a rats ass about individual stats. it's all about the teams wins and losses to me. take a look at Lossman's record as a starter and compare it to Edwards. just saying, you should look into that.

How's the season goin, Sabz?

Aliceinchainsbills15
10-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Thanks, meathead! :up:
Trent. That's all.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2009, 10:59 PM
How's the season goin, Sabz?

1-4 with Edwards is better than 0-5 with Lossman. :up:

Joe Fo Sho
10-17-2009, 09:08 AM
1-4 with Edwards is better than 0-5 with Lossman. :up:

I'd rather miss the playoffs with Losman than with Trent. At least JP got me excited once in a while. The Bills are more laughable now than they were with JP, might not be Trent's fault entirely, but just sayin.

yordad
10-17-2009, 09:34 AM
I am positive this team would be better then 0-5 with Losman. What this team is lacking is a QB who will try and make a play, and will pass to the WRs.

I am not saying Losman makes them a playoff team (cuz the line does suck pretty bad), or that they would magically become elite, but I am saying I think they would be better with him.

This squad with a better tackle, JP, and a coach like Mike Martz would be explosive.

But, I don't think any of them cut it. Especially not under the current situation. Apparently this team needs Aaron Rodgers.

Trent gets one more game to do something vs a 3-4, but I think he should be told prior to the game "You are playing for your career today".