PDA

View Full Version : Sporting News Mock Draft

DraftBoy
10-14-2009, 11:22 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-10-13/mock-draft-sn-projects-2010s-top-nfl-picks

10. Buffalo Bills: Bryan Buluga*, T, Iowa
After they traded away LT Jason Peters last offseason, their offensive line has struggled mightily. The athletic Buluga could be the best offensive lineman ever to come out of Iowa.

The Popcorn
10-14-2009, 11:33 AM
That would be the best pick for them.

RockStar36
10-14-2009, 11:35 AM
They should be picking in the top 5 or maybe even the top 3.

DraftBoy
10-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Because I see this every time a mock is posted or when I do one. The best mocks are those that are based off current standings (like this one) most good mocks won't project the finish because it screws everything else up.

BillsWin
10-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Great pick. Just not what I want. This means we will probably sign Delhomme when he is released. fantastic. Sarcasm off.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-14-2009, 11:39 AM
I'd love this as long as we trade up for Pike.

BillsWin
10-14-2009, 11:41 AM
I don't know, I just like Davis at the end of the first (trading back up.) and a top tier QB with our first pick. That kills two birds with one stone.

realdealryan
10-14-2009, 11:42 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-10-13/mock-draft-sn-projects-2010s-top-nfl-picks

He's had some injury problems this year if I remember correctly....

psubills62
10-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Gerald McCoy number 1? I like him, but not that much. Besides, the Browns have bigger problems than on the defense, to be honest. It's a bad defense but imo an even worse offense. They'd be best getting a QB, though that may not be Mangini's M.O.

Demon
10-14-2009, 11:48 AM

Joe DeLamielleure was on WGR like every day few years back leading to the draft where Browns picked Joe Thomas. DeLamielleure kept saying he would never pick an offensive lineman in the first round. He said tons of busts come out of first round picks and you can find quality lineman later in the draft. The kid from Iowa is a very interesting one because he is dominate but i am not sure i would go that route again. We picked Wood last year with the Philly pick and Levitre in round 2.

Not saying i am sold on drafting a QB or whatever position, but I feel if we pick top 10, we can get a game changer and a star. We have Wood, Levitre and Bell to develop and we should add to those via late round picks, free agency and trade.

psubills62
10-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Joe DeLamielleure was on WGR like every day few years back leading to the draft where Browns picked Joe Thomas. DeLamielleure kept saying he would never pick an offensive lineman in the first round. He said tons of busts come out of first round picks and you can find quality lineman later in the draft. The kid from Iowa is a very interesting one because he is dominate but i am not sure i would go that route again. We picked Wood last year with the Philly pick and Levitre in round 2.

Not saying i am sold on drafting a QB or whatever position, but I feel if we pick top 10, we can get a game changer and a star. We have Wood, Levitre and Bell to develop and we should add to those via late round picks, free agency and trade.

I could be wrong...but you could probably say that about every position. Without doing any research, my guess is that first round OL and DL picks are safer than the other positions.

naugem
10-14-2009, 11:57 AM
He's had some injury problems this year if I remember correctly....

Then he'll fit right in ...

ddaryl
10-14-2009, 12:52 PM
yeah we're definitely picking inside the top 8 IMO.. and quite possibly top 3... heck we even have a shot at the poison pick #1 overall

SABURZFAN
10-14-2009, 01:11 PM
They should be picking in the top 5 or maybe even the top 3.

even then, Buluga would be a good pick. i think he could possibly be the best OT in next years draft, despite what some so called experts think.

don137
10-14-2009, 01:33 PM
There are so many downright putrid teams in this league that as bad as Buffalo is they probably will be picking between 5-10. Look at Tampa, St. Louis, Oakland and KC. I can not see the Bills finishing worse than them. Washington, Carolina and Cleveland are just as bad. I know we hold the tie breaker with them for a better draft spot but if we finish the same record as them along with a few other teams our loss to them is inconsequential since I believe there will be a drawing for the pick.

Mr. Pink
10-14-2009, 01:58 PM
Terrible Mock.

Cleveland won't take a NT with the first overall pick already having Rogers.

And Tebow 9th overall? Laughable.

I didn't go past that.

Dr. Pepper
10-14-2009, 01:59 PM
these mock drafts will get better and better as we lose more and more games... 10th pick now, 5th by mid season, 3rd by seasons end!

bigbub2352
10-14-2009, 02:28 PM
I want Sula from Nebraska the DT we need to get some playmakers on D
if Bell works out and Butler comes back we need depth more than starters

BillsWin
10-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Terrible Mock.

Cleveland won't take a NT with the first overall pick already having Rogers.

And Tebow 9th overall? Laughable.

I didn't go past that.

They cut Rogers if I am not mistaken.

psubills62
10-14-2009, 02:57 PM
They cut Rogers if I am not mistaken.

Shaun Rogers? Um, no....

And to FunTimesYay: I don't think Gerald McCoy projects as an NT. If I remember correctly, he's not nearly big enough. More like a DE in the 3-4. Which really makes me question the pick...

Jan Reimers
10-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Baluga is really a whale of a lineman.

DraftBoy
10-14-2009, 03:50 PM
I want Sula from Nebraska the DT we need to get some playmakers on D
if Bell works out and Butler comes back we need depth more than starters

Suh not Sula and I want him as well.

PECKERWOOD
10-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Get the best left tackle in the 1st round, man. We have a really solid interior line, when Butler is healthy he is a solid right tackle. Get the left tackle, let's have a damn good line for once.

psubills62
10-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Get the best left tackle in the 1st round, man. We have a really solid interior line, when Butler is healthy he is a solid right tackle. Get the left tackle, let's have a damn good line for once.

I wouldn't mind Butler at RT if he could stay healthy. At this point, especially if we end up rebuilding (which we will), I'd much rather move Butler to the bench and get another RT in the draft. Or move Bell to RT and draft an LT, along with DEPTH.

PECKERWOOD
10-14-2009, 04:14 PM
I wouldn't mind Butler at RT if he could stay healthy. At this point, especially if we end up rebuilding (which we will), I'd much rather move Butler to the bench and get another RT in the draft. Or move Bell to RT and draft an LT, along with DEPTH.

What has Bell ever done other than kill momentum due to his failure to remember the snap count? Butler is by FAR the better tackle right now, no question about that. With that said, I wouldn't mind adding another tackle to push Butler. What harm would that cause? :idunno:

Night Train
10-15-2009, 04:40 AM
High picks devoted to the OL or DL is ALWAYS a good idea.

X-Era
10-15-2009, 06:01 AM
High picks devoted to the OL or DL is ALWAYS a good idea.

Unless you are the Bills.

cough-Mike Williams-cough

cough-McCargo-cough

psubills62
10-15-2009, 08:24 AM
What has Bell ever done other than kill momentum due to his failure to remember the snap count? Butler is by FAR the better tackle right now, no question about that. With that said, I wouldn't mind adding another tackle to push Butler. What harm would that cause? :idunno:
Like I said, Butler is good. But he can't stay healthy. I don't trust guys who can't stay healthy. And yes, I know Bell has been hurt too.

The difference is that Bell has talent. You can't coach talent. If we had a decent coach in here, he'd be able to help Bell with the stupid penalties. Brain farts like the ones he's been having are correctable. Just because Jauron can't correct them doesn't mean it's hopeless.

A good scenario would be to have Bell, Butler, and a rookie duke it out to see who the starting two out of those three would be. That way if one goes down, we have someone with starting ability behind them.