From a Jets fan: Good Luck Buffalo fans, should be a war on Sunday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HendersonD06
    • Oct 2005

From a Jets fan: Good Luck Buffalo fans, should be a war on Sunday.

First and foremost, I'm not some type of "Troll", as alot of online sports fans love to call fans of opposing teams. When the Jets and Bills are about to play eachother, I'll come over here and say a thing or two about my team or the game, when the game is over...Win or Lose, I'll stick around for another day (At the most) to either show face, or accept the Loss as a fan.

I go by the name of DefenseWinsChampionships over @ JI,Com, I've been on BillsZone for about 3-4 years now and honestly... No matter how bad the Jets or Bills have been over the years, when it's the Jets vs Bills, this site has always made for really solid Football talk. It may sound crazy, but this is the only other site that I post on, and thats because I've checked out the Patriot sites in the past, I've checked out the Dolphin sites in the past and man... Jet fans are not welcomed over there, so I asked myself years ago, "Whats the point of signing up and talking football, if they never talk football"? And thats the reason why BillsZone has always been the only opposing fan site that I post on.

Lets first talk about my Jets. I've been a die hard Jets fan since 1995 (Since the age of 10-11 years young) And I'll be honest here Buffalo fans, this may not be the best overall team that we've had (That would belong to the 1998 Jets followed by the 2004 Jets) But damn Buffalo Fans, this is by far, hands down, without a doubt...The most talented Jets team that I've ever seen as a fan.

The young potential talent with players such as Mark Sanchez, Shonn Greene, David Clowney, Dustin Keller, Dwight Lowery, and Vernon Gholston

The proven Young Elite talent with players such as Darrelle Revis; who's the Best overall CB in the game today, David Harris; This kid was ranked as the #1 ranked 3-4 MLB coming out of college 3 years ago, his rookie season he had a monster season with 120+ tackles to go along with 5 sacks and you know whats crazy? He only started in about 8 games after Vilma went down to injury. If Harris would have played and started in all 16 games, he would have been the Defensive Rookie of the Year, hands down. Last year, he was banged up but this year...He's back to making impact plays, he's already at 40 tackles but you cant judge this man off of tackles...He takes up blocks, he does what a 3-4 MLB is paid to do...He helps this Defense in more ways than one. Other than Revis and Rhodes, he's by far, my Favorite Defensive player on the Jets followed by Kris Jenkins. Nick Mangold; Already known as a top 5 talent at the Center position, D'Brickishaw Ferguson; A talented Franchise LT, a player who's played and started in each and every game since being drafted by the Jets and a player who's made sure to get better with each and every year thats gone by, Braylon Edwards; Did you all see that game he had on Mondy night? Talk about exciting. The Jets now have that elite 6'3+ #1 WR that we havn't had since Keyshawn Johnson, this kid is only 26 years of age. Jerricho Cotchery; this man really came into his own as the Jets #1 WR before the addition of Edwards during the 1st 4 weeks of the season, he was actually ranked as the 5th best WR in the league (Production wise) after the 1st 4 weeks of the year as our #1 WR. All in all, it's rare to find a #2 WR with as much talent and potential as a Jerricho Cotchery. All in all, Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery now make for one of the best 1-2 punches at the WR position, same goes for T.O and Evans. Leon Washington; Enough said...I've always been a die hard FSU fan, I was in shock when the Jets drafted this X-Factor years ago, he's always been my 2nd favorite Seminole to watch behind Peter Warrick. He's an explosive back once in the open field, he reminds me of a younger Bryan Westbrook. Kerry Rhodes; I could go on and on about Kerry Rhodes, when you think of top 5 safetys in the game today, or over the past 4 years, you think of Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, Bryan Dawkins, Bob Sanders (When healthy) and Adrian Wilson, but guess what? Kerry Rhodes is next in line, this man is a great Safety and a safety who really doesn't get the credit that he deserves (By Jet fans) but everyone else around the league knows how special his talents really are. All of these players are 27 years of age or younger...The future here in New York is exciting, now we have Rex Ryan running the show? As a Jets fan, I've never been this pumped up.

Lets not forget, I always keep in mind, that the Jets also have some veteran leaders to help lead these young guns such as Alan Faneca; Still one of the best run blocking LG's in the game today, already a lock for the HOF, still only 32 years of age. Thomas Jones, He's the work horse type of back that this Jets young Offense really needs. Thomas Jones had the most rushing yards of any AFC back last year and lets not forget how underrated he is, he actually has the 2nd most rushing yards of any NFL back over the past 4 seasons, only L.T has more rushing yards than Thomas Jones during that time. Tony Richardson; This man is older than dirt, but he's still lead blocking like an All Pro FB. This man has led the way for backs such as Marcus Allen, Priest Holems, Larry Johnson, Adrian Peterson as a rookie, Thomas Jones last year, and he's still doing his thing for this Jets offense...I'll miss the man once he calls it quits in about 2 years. Kris Jenkins; Enough said...One of the best 4-3 DT's/3-4 NT's in the game today...Where would this Jets Defense be without Kris Jenkins? Who knows? This man is a freak of nature, strong as an Ox and plays like an Animal on Sundays. Lito Sheppard; He's been banged up here in 2009, but damn...Lito Sheppard and Revis make for one of the best 1-2 punches in the game today @ the CB position. As a Jets fan, I'm really wishing that Lito Sheppard plays this week for the simple fact...He's known as the T.O killer over the years. Sheppard has shut down Owens better than any other CB has over the years. Sheppard on T.O, Revis on Evans...Could make for some great matchups. Bart Scott; I cant say enough about Bart Scott, this man has already become the Jets Defensive Leader under Rex Ryan. Bart Scott and David Harris really make for one of the best 1-2 punches @ the MLB position as of right now, they should only get better with playing time and experience together. Not only does Bart Scott bring that nasty toughness to this Jets Defense, he's also great in stuffing the run and many NFL Experts has considered him the best MLB in pass coverage on TE's and RB's in the flats. Calvin Pace; All I can say is this...It's great to have Pace back from his 4 game suspension, he's been our best pass rusher from the outside over the past 2 years, cant wait to see what Rex Ryan does with this man. And how could I forget about Shaun Ellis? He may not be a J-Abe, Dwight Freeney, Mario Williams, Jason Taylor, or Peppers type of 4-3 Defense end who puts pressure on the QB all game long, but as a 3-4 Defensive end...This man is really solid. Not only does he take up blocks really good, but I'm not sure I can remember the last time he's missed a game. Parcells drafted Ellis, Herm Edwards played Ellis, Eric Mangini took over the Jets while we were a 4-3 Defense, converted us to a 3-4 Defense (Thank you Mangini) and still played and started Shaun Ellis. The same thing is happening right now with Rex Ryan, a Genious of the 3-4 Defense.... He's also playing and starting Ellis. Ellis may not be respected around the league, but die hard Jet fans know what he means to this Defense...He's the motor that will never break down or quit trying. I respect Ellis as a fan.

All in all Buffalo fans, I know that this thread is already pretty long, because I was talking about the talent we have on this Jets fan but honestly, as a Jets fan...I really enjoy when opposing fans make threads like this on the Jets site...Gives me something to read, something "Different" I guess.

This team has a talented rookie QB running the show, many of mistakes will happen, but we also have an elite O-Line, a tought rushing attack, an elite Defense and a coach, in Rex Ryan, who the players enjoy playing for. Will this Jets team make the playoffs? Who knows, but one thing is for sure...The future of this team is really bright as of right now.

As far as the Bills-Jets game goes, man...This game could be a war zone...An AFC East rival game is always a crazy game...Jets vs Pats, Bills vs Dolphins, Dolphins vs Patriots, Jets vs Miami, Buffalo vs NE...You never know who will win the game, it's never a safe bet to bet on these types of AFC East games (I know I never would). This game should be a real battle this week. The Bills may not be having the best of seasons as of right now, but the talent is there...The threat of a W is there.
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: From a Jets fan: Good Luck Buffalo fans, should be a war on Sunday.

Good to see you here. You are a fun opposing fan to discuss the game with.

As for the Bills threatening to win this weekend, it only exists on paper. The Bills are a bad team, have a bad coach, have a void of leadership, have a boatload of injuries, have a young O-line and the team is lost and collapsing.

Anyhow, good luck this weekend. The Jets should win by 20 + and very likely 30 +.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• SabreEleven
      • Aug 2002

A war? Really? it's going to be more like the Alamo...

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
        • Apr 2008

Jauron's last stand.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

hendersond, you are one of the few good jet fans. always there win or lose to speak knowledgeably about the game.

For every player you bolded, we have abunch of guys i could bold and put a sentence that essentially says, "no reason to be a starter in the NFL". And sadly you wrote a lot. And i know i could keep up.

I believe this is going to be a low scoring borefest because afterall that's what a 4pm Meadowland Bills Jets game has been for my entire 31 years of life. regardless of which team is the better team, it usually comes down to 3 or 4 plays. the rest is just a boring, sloppy game. While i think the jets have improved, they've lost their last two and might just attempt to match the bills at being inept and uneventful.

Good luck to you though its probably not needed.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by SabreEleven
            A war? Really? it's going to be more like the Alamo...
            We're bringing a pop gun to a bazooka battle.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Cntrygal
              Visually stunning but camera-shy.
              • Jul 2002

I haven't been over to JI in ages..... I just hope that the Jets don't make the Bills look the a peewee team that has never been on the field before. I think it's going to be ugly (for us).
              Originally posted by notacon
              The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Demon
                • Mar 2003

Welcome, but it's def not going to be a War. We're going to get smoked. It's not even going to be funny.
                Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• NorthCarBills
                  • Jan 2006

Uh yeah. That's like a wrestling match between
                  Bills = Emmanuel Lews
                  Jets = Alex Karras

Comment

• HendersonD06
                    • Oct 2005

Mark Sanchez has been playing really solid as a rookie starter (Other than the Saints game, he made plenty of rookie mistakes that game) but at the same time, if I were a Bills fan...I would always keep in mind that Mark Sanchez is still only a rookie, this game is not a for sure "Jets Win"...Not even close.

This is an AFC East rival game, these teams do not like eachother...There is no way in hell that the Bills will roll over and play dead for this young Jets team, none what so ever.

Schobel, Stroud, Posluszny, Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson, Whitner, Parrish, Evans and T.O are all players, that as a Jets fan, not only do I respect...But I also fear on Sundays. Lets not forget...Trent Edwards has had some really good games against the Jets and now he has two really tough RB's? Three WR's who can make explosive plays as well as the simple routes to move the chains? Yeah, the O-Line needs more talent and experience but still...This team isn't a team that will just give another team a W for free. Also, I wont lie...I'm glad that McKelvin is out (Not hurt), but out, thats because he's a talented young CB.

As a Jets fan, I was actually and honestly 100% sure that we would take down Chad Henne and stuff that Wildcat formation from the Dolphins, I believe that all Jet fans were. That didn't happen...I felt sick after the game, thats because I told myself that we were going 4-1, 4-0 in the AFC, along with a 2-0 record here in the AFC East, but you know what? That loss hurt, I was way too confident as a fan...I say this all the time, I always fail with it, but I'm never going to allow myself to think my team will destroy another team again... It never happens to way I picture it happening.

On a side note; Many of Jet fans dont believe in this Jets Defense anymore after that Miami game, their crazy...This Jets Defense under Rex Ryan, went into Houston on opening day and gave up no Defensive points against that team, this Defense shut down Brady, Moss and the Patriots during week two- We attacked Tom Brady and hit the man more times than he's ever been hit in his NFL Career, this Defense also held the Saints to 24 points (An explosive Offense) and lets not forget...Sanchez made mistake after mistake, if not for our Defense...The Saints could have won by 45+...Our D played GREAT that game, Drew Brees wasn't Drew Brees that game either, the Rex Ryan pressure really got to him. We lost the game, but it wasn't on our Defense. They did wrack up rushing yards but guess what? The Saints are a passing Offense, Rex Ryan took away the pass, made them beat us with the run...Thats why I love the man. Brees only had a QB raiting of 78.9 against the Jets D with 0 TD's thrown... He had 9 TD's after the first 3 weeks.

Now as far as the Miami game goes...I'll give credit where credit is due...The Defense lost us the game? Nah, I say the Miami Wildcat WON them the game... I'll be honest here, that Miami coaching staff and players run that freaking Wildcat to a "T", they also use Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams to perfection... This Jets Defense is really talented, but against the Wildcat...We were confused and I'm glad that only one team runs it like Miami.

All in all... I believe this will be a close game, I cant be too confident as a Jets game because Jet-Bill games are ALWAYS close and for the most part, these two teams split the season series just about every year (Or atleast) it feels that way.

Comment

• Stewie
                      Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by HendersonD06
                      First and foremost, I'm not some type of "Troll", as alot of online sports fans love to call fans of opposing teams. When the Jets and Bills are about to play eachother, I'll come over here and say a thing or two about my team or the game, when the game is over...Win or Lose, I'll stick around for another day (At the most) to either show face, or accept the Loss as a fan.

I go by the name of DefenseWinsChampionships over @ JI,Com, I've been on BillsZone for about 3-4 years now and honestly... No matter how bad the Jets or Bills have been over the years, when it's the Jets vs Bills, this site has always made for really solid Football talk. It may sound crazy, but this is the only other site that I post on, and thats because I've checked out the Patriot sites in the past, I've checked out the Dolphin sites in the past and man... Jet fans are not welcomed over there, so I asked myself years ago, "Whats the point of signing up and talking football, if they never talk football"? And thats the reason why BillsZone has always been the only opposing fan site that I post on.

Lets first talk about my Jets. I've been a die hard Jets fan since 1995 (Since the age of 10-11 years young) And I'll be honest here Buffalo fans, this may not be the best overall team that we've had (That would belong to the 1998 Jets followed by the 2004 Jets) But damn Buffalo Fans, this is by far, hands down, without a doubt...The most talented Jets team that I've ever seen as a fan.

The young potential talent with players such as Mark Sanchez, Shonn Greene, David Clowney, Dustin Keller, Dwight Lowery, and Vernon Gholston

The proven Young Elite talent with players such as Darrelle Revis; who's the Best overall CB in the game today, David Harris; This kid was ranked as the #1 ranked 3-4 MLB coming out of college 3 years ago, his rookie season he had a monster season with 120+ tackles to go along with 5 sacks and you know whats crazy? He only started in about 8 games after Vilma went down to injury. If Harris would have played and started in all 16 games, he would have been the Defensive Rookie of the Year, hands down. Last year, he was banged up but this year...He's back to making impact plays, he's already at 40 tackles but you cant judge this man off of tackles...He takes up blocks, he does what a 3-4 MLB is paid to do...He helps this Defense in more ways than one. Other than Revis and Rhodes, he's by far, my Favorite Defensive player on the Jets followed by Kris Jenkins. Nick Mangold; Already known as a top 5 talent at the Center position, D'Brickishaw Ferguson; A talented Franchise LT, a player who's played and started in each and every game since being drafted by the Jets and a player who's made sure to get better with each and every year thats gone by, Braylon Edwards; Did you all see that game he had on Mondy night? Talk about exciting. The Jets now have that elite 6'3+ #1 WR that we havn't had since Keyshawn Johnson, this kid is only 26 years of age. Jerricho Cotchery; this man really came into his own as the Jets #1 WR before the addition of Edwards during the 1st 4 weeks of the season, he was actually ranked as the 5th best WR in the league (Production wise) after the 1st 4 weeks of the year as our #1 WR. All in all, it's rare to find a #2 WR with as much talent and potential as a Jerricho Cotchery. All in all, Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery now make for one of the best 1-2 punches at the WR position, same goes for T.O and Evans. Leon Washington; Enough said...I've always been a die hard FSU fan, I was in shock when the Jets drafted this X-Factor years ago, he's always been my 2nd favorite Seminole to watch behind Peter Warrick. He's an explosive back once in the open field, he reminds me of a younger Bryan Westbrook. Kerry Rhodes; I could go on and on about Kerry Rhodes, when you think of top 5 safetys in the game today, or over the past 4 years, you think of Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, Bryan Dawkins, Bob Sanders (When healthy) and Adrian Wilson, but guess what? Kerry Rhodes is next in line, this man is a great Safety and a safety who really doesn't get the credit that he deserves (By Jet fans) but everyone else around the league knows how special his talents really are. All of these players are 27 years of age or younger...The future here in New York is exciting, now we have Rex Ryan running the show? As a Jets fan, I've never been this pumped up.

Lets not forget, I always keep in mind, that the Jets also have some veteran leaders to help lead these young guns such as Alan Faneca; Still one of the best run blocking LG's in the game today, already a lock for the HOF, still only 32 years of age. Thomas Jones, He's the work horse type of back that this Jets young Offense really needs. Thomas Jones had the most rushing yards of any AFC back last year and lets not forget how underrated he is, he actually has the 2nd most rushing yards of any NFL back over the past 4 seasons, only L.T has more rushing yards than Thomas Jones during that time. Tony Richardson; This man is older than dirt, but he's still lead blocking like an All Pro FB. This man has led the way for backs such as Marcus Allen, Priest Holems, Larry Johnson, Adrian Peterson as a rookie, Thomas Jones last year, and he's still doing his thing for this Jets offense...I'll miss the man once he calls it quits in about 2 years. Kris Jenkins; Enough said...One of the best 4-3 DT's/3-4 NT's in the game today...Where would this Jets Defense be without Kris Jenkins? Who knows? This man is a freak of nature, strong as an Ox and plays like an Animal on Sundays. Lito Sheppard; He's been banged up here in 2009, but damn...Lito Sheppard and Revis make for one of the best 1-2 punches in the game today @ the CB position. As a Jets fan, I'm really wishing that Lito Sheppard plays this week for the simple fact...He's known as the T.O killer over the years. Sheppard has shut down Owens better than any other CB has over the years. Sheppard on T.O, Revis on Evans...Could make for some great matchups. Bart Scott; I cant say enough about Bart Scott, this man has already become the Jets Defensive Leader under Rex Ryan. Bart Scott and David Harris really make for one of the best 1-2 punches @ the MLB position as of right now, they should only get better with playing time and experience together. Not only does Bart Scott bring that nasty toughness to this Jets Defense, he's also great in stuffing the run and many NFL Experts has considered him the best MLB in pass coverage on TE's and RB's in the flats. Calvin Pace; All I can say is this...It's great to have Pace back from his 4 game suspension, he's been our best pass rusher from the outside over the past 2 years, cant wait to see what Rex Ryan does with this man. And how could I forget about Shaun Ellis? He may not be a J-Abe, Dwight Freeney, Mario Williams, Jason Taylor, or Peppers type of 4-3 Defense end who puts pressure on the QB all game long, but as a 3-4 Defensive end...This man is really solid. Not only does he take up blocks really good, but I'm not sure I can remember the last time he's missed a game. Parcells drafted Ellis, Herm Edwards played Ellis, Eric Mangini took over the Jets while we were a 4-3 Defense, converted us to a 3-4 Defense (Thank you Mangini) and still played and started Shaun Ellis. The same thing is happening right now with Rex Ryan, a Genious of the 3-4 Defense.... He's also playing and starting Ellis. Ellis may not be respected around the league, but die hard Jet fans know what he means to this Defense...He's the motor that will never break down or quit trying. I respect Ellis as a fan.

All in all Buffalo fans, I know that this thread is already pretty long, because I was talking about the talent we have on this Jets fan but honestly, as a Jets fan...I really enjoy when opposing fans make threads like this on the Jets site...Gives me something to read, something "Different" I guess.

This team has a talented rookie QB running the show, many of mistakes will happen, but we also have an elite O-Line, a tought rushing attack, an elite Defense and a coach, in Rex Ryan, who the players enjoy playing for. Will this Jets team make the playoffs? Who knows, but one thing is for sure...The future of this team is really bright as of right now.

As far as the Bills-Jets game goes, man...This game could be a war zone...An AFC East rival game is always a crazy game...Jets vs Pats, Bills vs Dolphins, Dolphins vs Patriots, Jets vs Miami, Buffalo vs NE...You never know who will win the game, it's never a safe bet to bet on these types of AFC East games (I know I never would). This game should be a real battle this week. The Bills may not be having the best of seasons as of right now, but the talent is there...The threat of a W is there.
                      far. too. many.words.

hoping we are competitive.

sign my petition!
                      Originally posted by Topdog
                      Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                      Originally posted by mercyrule
                      I love Weiner.
                      Originally posted by mercyrule
                      also cheese

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Should be a blowout.

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

It won't be a war.. .it will be a massacre

your going to have your way with us and we will lower our heads in disgust once again.

Our franchise is in complete dissaray and I have little hope...

Comment

• HendersonD06
                            • Oct 2005

I'm not falling for this trick from you Buffalo Bill fans, no way-no how.

I know what you all are up to as of right now, trying to bait me into believing and feeling that this is an easy win for the Jets...But as a football fan; I'm not buying it. When was the last time the Jets actually crushed the Bills for a full game? This is an AFC East game, these two teams will leave it all on the line on Sunday, thats a given.

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

u lost me at war
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                              X