PDA

View Full Version : Jamon Meredith starting at RT vs Jets...

sauce
10-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Um...At least it's not Chambers I guess

Might as well see what the kid has

Rex Ryan must be drooling all over like a fat slob

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/1...-up-this-week/ (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/10/14/meredith-to-be-up-this-week/)

Meredith to be up this week?
Chris Brown
Posted October 14th, 2009
Tags: Demetrius Bell, Jamon Meredith
Bills rookie offensive tackle Jamon Meredith confirmed that he did take first team reps at right tackle in practice today, and he expects to get his first NFL start Sunday at that position when Buffalo heads to the Meadowlands to take on the Jets on Sunday.

Whether his insertion into the starting lineup is due to Jonathan Scott’s ankle injury is unclear since Scott’s status won’t be known for sure until Friday. Either way Meredith and Demetrius Bell will be Buffalo’s fourth different tackle tandem in six games this season.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

User Manuel
10-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Getting Trent killed does take a way the controversy of replacing him......

Dr. Pepper
10-14-2009, 02:01 PM
wow, the kid that the PACKERS didnt keep on their roster, with the worst OL in the league? wow. wow. wow.

wow.

raphael120
10-14-2009, 02:05 PM
"Jump the Shotgun Snap" Hangartner flanked by 4 rookies. Fannnnntastic!

Mahdi
10-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Um...At least it's not Chambers I guess

Might as well see what the kid has

Rex Ryan must be drooling all over like a fat slob

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/1...-up-this-week/ (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/10/14/meredith-to-be-up-this-week/)

Meredith to be up this week?
Chris Brown
Posted October 14th, 2009
Tags: Demetrius Bell, Jamon Meredith
Bills rookie offensive tackle Jamon Meredith confirmed that he did take first team reps at right tackle in practice today, and he expects to get his first NFL start Sunday at that position when Buffalo heads to the Meadowlands to take on the Jets on Sunday.

Whether his insertion into the starting lineup is due to Jonathan Scott’s ankle injury is unclear since Scott’s status won’t be known for sure until Friday. Either way Meredith and Demetrius Bell will be Buffalo’s fourth different tackle tandem in six games this season.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Chambers was a disaster. Who cares.

At least Meredith came out of college with talent and athleticism.

Demon
10-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Now i'm starting to understand what patmorans source was telling him. They will be putting Fitzpatrick with the first team offense but that doesn't mean he's the new starter. Jauron just knows that Edwards will get hurt, it's not even a IF in this game, but WHEN he gets hurt, atleast we're not exactly throwing Fitzpatrick into the fire, he'll have limited practice time with the first teamers.

Italian Stallion
10-14-2009, 02:10 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAH

HA.

Scumbag College
10-14-2009, 02:22 PM
If an expansion team did this we'd all be laughing at them.

It's only the Bills' 5oth year in the league though, shouldn't be starting all of these undrafted FAs and late round rookies.

bigbub2352
10-14-2009, 02:26 PM
I hate to say it, i started a thread the last 3 yrs about this very thing
Depth and mismangement of the roster has plagued all of Skeletor's roster
here we are again signing street free agents to play for us
SO SAD:(

trapezeus
10-14-2009, 02:38 PM
i predict 9 false start penalties on Meredith alone.

Meathead
10-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Jamon Meredith ...

Come On Down!!

http://www.cynicalsmirk.com/images/best_tpr_bid_ever.jpg

The Jokeman
10-14-2009, 04:18 PM
I hear Vegas put the over/under for Jamon our new starting LT as 3 weeks. I'm thinking of going over as think he rides the year as RT and then we put him at LT next year when Butler's healthy enough to come back. [/SARCASM]

DraftBoy
10-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Nice, it'll be good to get a long look at him.

BillsWin
10-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Remember when people wanted Chambers to start last year? HAHAHA!

Nighthawk
10-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Who cares if he starts...it couldn't hurt to get a look at him...this season is over.

djjimkelly
10-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Jamon Meredith ...

Come On Down!!

http://www.cynicalsmirk.com/images/best_tpr_bid_ever.jpg

LOL

Mitchell55
10-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Wow the FO is listening to me. I was the 1st to mention this and Fitz starting

Michael82
10-14-2009, 06:08 PM
He has to be better than Chambers. I like this...plus if he sucks...Edwards will get killed and we can see what Fitzpatrick can do.

EDS
10-14-2009, 06:13 PM
"Jump the Shotgun Snap" Hangartner flanked by 4 rookies. Fannnnntastic!

Pure genius by the Bills front office. Hope springs eternal - at least me don't have confirmation that Meredith stinks, unlike Chambers.

mush69
10-14-2009, 06:20 PM
If an expansion team did this we'd all be laughing at them.

It's only the Bills' 5oth year in the league though, shouldn't be starting all of these undrafted FAs and late round rookies.

Worse than that its like a strike year!

Philagape
10-14-2009, 06:29 PM
Bills games now are like preseason games.
-- Practice-squad players are starting.
-- We're wondering which quarterback will play.
-- We're hardly concerned about the outcome because it won't matter.
That's how bad it's gotten.

Commissioner
10-14-2009, 06:36 PM
If the Bills think they are going to run the no huddle offense with 4 rookie lineman then they are truly ******ed.

Give them a chance to think and HUDDLE UP!!!!

TigerJ
10-14-2009, 06:39 PM
The Bills coaching staff is clearly in desperation mode. I agree with Draftboy though. It's not a bad thing to get a good look at him when real bullets are flying.

Commissioner
10-14-2009, 06:45 PM
The Bills coaching staff is clearly in desperation mode. I agree with Draftboy though. It's not a bad thing to get a good look at him when real bullets are flying.
Give him a chance though. It's not fair to throw a rookie into the fire in a dysfunctional no huddle offense.

Alex Van Pelt should know better. The 90's no huddle offense was explosive because we had an offensive line full of pro bowlers, plus Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas.

Running the no huddle with 4 rookies is asking for trouble... i can't believe they can be so stupid...

Commissioner
10-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Seriously... wtf was Jauron thinking to start the season:

"I think we'll start the most inexperienced offensive line, and RUN NO HUDDLE... GENIUS!!"....

TigerJ
10-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Give him a chance though. It's not fair to throw a rookie into the fire in a dysfunctional no huddle offense.

Alex Van Pelt should know better. The 90's no huddle offense was explosive because we had an offensive line full of pro bowlers, plus Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas.

Running the no huddle with 4 rookies is asking for trouble... i can't believe they can be so stupid...

By no means would I dismiss Meredith as a potential starter/swing tackle in the future if he struggles some on Sunday. I've not written of Bell in spite of his periodic struggles this year. If I see some good things out of him from time to time, I'll be happy.

Commissioner
10-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Nevermind... didn't see the thread about the no huddle being dumped.

Thank god.... better late than never i guess. Maybe this will cut down on the Oline penalties.

SABURZFAN
10-14-2009, 08:29 PM
how long before we see an all rookie OL? this is beyond pathetic. :down: