• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Quinn to Buffalo a likely scenario.

This is just my opinion, but it appears that Trent Edwards has lost the Bills fanbase and support of the coaching staff. Although Jauron has stated that Edwards will start this week, our very own Pat Moran (who is pretty reliable) reported that Ryan Fitzpatrick would receive starting snaps. It is a possibility that the coaching staff backed off at the last second and decided to let Trent play.

However, don't put it past the Bills to make a move here. It would be completely out of character, but something that shouldn't be overlooked as being a possibility.

Buffalo has a plethora of capable wide receivers they can move. Roscoe Parrish comes to mind. Although the Browns have a good return man in Cribbs, they got rid of Braylon Edwards, and now have a weakness at the position. Eric Mangini has said before in press conferences that he respects Roscoe's play making ability and he is a player the Browns could use, while he is a player the Bills could lose.

If Buffalo, more specifically Ralph Wilson, were convinced that Quinn could be a good NFL quarterback in the near future, shipping off Roscoe and a mid range pick seems like a good deal.

Also, with Quinn, the Bills can focus on offensive line in the draft, which is undoubtedly what they need the most help on. More specifically left tackle.

Also, dont overlook a straight up Owens to Cleveland for Quinn trade. It is farfetched, but makes sense from a team need aspect.

I am not saying by any stretch of the imagination that I want Quinn, I am just saying that it makes sense from the Bills stand point. Especially if the staff has lost as much faith in Edwards as we have.

Here is how I see Quinn possibly being successful in Buffalo.

Brian Schottenheimer as head coach.

An offensive mind, a great head coach prospect, cheap and unproven just like Ralph likes them. Could help build a good offense around Quinn starting with the line.

Brian Baluga with our first round pick.

We need a dominate left tackle, he is it. Baluga, Levitre, Geoff, Wood, Butler gives Quinn good protection and he will have Lynch and Jackson to bail him out. Not to mention Evans, Hardy, Johnson and Reed.

That is the only way I could see a successful Quinn in Buffalo.

All speculation. state your opinions.
    Last edited by BillsWin; 10-15-2009, 01:03 PM.
    I am The Batman.
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Quinn to Buffalo a likely scenario.

Edwards to Cleveland with a fifth maybe too. Another good trade. You let Fitz start for a bit. The season is over anyway. This is just vomit of the key board though, no rumors have come out. Except Mike Florio states Buffalo as a possible Quinn landing spot.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
      • Feb 2005

why oh why would we ever want a qb that sucks? we got plenty of them already
      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Oh god I really hope not. His arm wouldn't make it here in Buffalo.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by keithtr
          why oh why would we ever want a qb that sucks? we got plenty of them already
          Im not saying I want him. Just that I wouldnt be surprised if the Bills do.
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• BillsWin
            man amongst boys
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            Oh god I really hope not. His arm wouldn't make it here in Buffalo.

But you can't deny it is a possibility knowing this staff and how much heat they are feeling.
            I am The Batman.

Comment

• Demon
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BillsWin
              This is just my opinion, but it appears that Trent Edwards has lost the Bills fanbase and support of the coaching staff. Although Jauron has stated that Edwards will start this week, our very own Pat Moran (who is pretty reliable) reported that Ryan Fitzpatrick would receive starting snaps. It is a possibility that the coaching staff backed off at the last second and decided to let Trent play.

However, don't put it past the Bills to make a move here. It would be completely out of character, but something that shouldn't be overlooked as being a possibility.

Buffalo has a plethora of capable wide receivers they can move. Roscoe Parrish comes to mind. Although the Browns have a good return man in Cribbs, they got rid of Braylon Edwards, and now have a weakness at the position. Eric Mangini has said before in press conferences that he respects Roscoe's play making ability and he is a player the Browns could use, while he is a player the Bills could lose.

If Buffalo, more specifically Ralph Wilson, were convinced that Quinn could be a good NFL quarterback in the near future, shipping off Roscoe and a mid range pick seems like a good deal.

Also, with Quinn, the Bills can focus on offensive line in the draft, which is undoubtedly what they need the most help on. More specifically left tackle.

Also, dont overlook a straight up Owens to Cleveland for Quinn trade. It is farfetched, but makes sense from a team need aspect.

I am not saying by any stretch of the imagination that I want Quinn, I am just saying that it makes sense from the Bills stand point. Especially if the staff has lost as much faith in Edwards as we have.
              Doesn't make any sense.

First off, if the Bills wanted a project QB, they will just keep Edwards and see what he does with the new coach. They don't need a QB who dropped in the draft like a rock, who didn't exactly play super great for Notre Dame and who's been garbage in the NFL.

The trade ideas are bad too. Why would Cleveland want a punt returner/kick returner, who's pretty much our garbage, for a guy they feel has value? And they have one of the best punt/kick off guys in the league in Cribbs.

And Owens to Cleveland? Why would we trade Owens to a bad team and why would a bad team want him?

Sorry man but the whole thing just doesn't make much sense.
              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• BillsWin
                man amongst boys
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Demon
                Doesn't make any sense.

First off, if the Bills wanted a project QB, they will just keep Edwards and see what he does with the new coach. They don't need a QB who dropped in the draft like a rock, who didn't exactly play super great for Notre Dame and who's been garbage in the NFL.

The trade ideas are bad too. Why would Cleveland want a punt returner/kick returner, who's pretty much our garbage, for a guy they feel has value? And they have one of the best punt/kick off guys in the league in Cribbs.

And Owens to Cleveland? Why would we trade Owens to a bad team and why would a bad team want him?

Sorry man but the whole thing just doesn't make much sense.
                Its because you are thinking about it from an intelligent point of view. Think about it from the perspective of two awful franchises who are pretty much firing blanks. Cleveland is done with Quinn, Buffalo is done with Edwards. With Quinn the Bills can start making excuses (such as they like to do) that they have a young new QB adjusting to change of scenery.

As for Roscoe, we know he is garbage, but the national media still writes how he needs to be more involved.

As for Owens, he is a good player, we just cant get him the ball!
                Last edited by BillsWin; 10-14-2009, 10:12 PM.
                I am The Batman.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

Kolb > Quinn

That's my opinion.

Comment

• BillsWin
                    man amongst boys
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
                    Kolb > Quinn

That's my opinion.
                    Would Philly trade him though? Considering McNabb's prone to injury.

Maybe with Vick there, but Kolb is their future. I doubt they let him go unless we fork over a first and then some.
                    I am The Batman.

Comment

• Demon
                      • Mar 2003

Its because you are thinking about it from an intelligent point of view. Think about it from the perspective of two awful franchises who are pretty much firing blanks. Cleveland is done with Quinn, Buffalo is done with Edwards. With Quinn the Bills can start making excuses (such as they like to do) that they have a young new QB adjusting to change of scenery.

As for Roscoe, we know he is garbage, but the national media still writes how he needs to be more involved.

As for Owens, he is a good player, we just cant get him the ball!
                      It's been reported that the Bills have tried to trade Parrish. If i remember correctly, it was during the draft and then once again before training camp. If they were unable to off-load him for a late round pick, then how can we convince anyone that he has any value? Let alone get Cleveland to trade Brady Quinn for him. I am not a fan of Quinn, in fact, i think he sucks, but to take a chance on him for Parrish, who wouldn't?

And i know Owens is a good player. Ive always hated him until i saw him first hand and i just think he's been misunderstood over the years. I love him and i'm thankful we signed him. It's too bad it didn't work out and it's not his fault, and like you said, we just can't get him the ball for various reasons.... OLine, bad QB and Jauron's pop warner offense. But a bad team won't want him. Vikings or Bears, i can see. Brownies? No.
                      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• BillsWin
                        man amongst boys
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Demon
                        It's been reported that the Bills have tried to trade Parrish. If i remember correctly, it was during the draft and then once again before training camp. If they were unable to off-load him for a late round pick, then how can we convince anyone that he has any value? Let alone get Cleveland to trade Brady Quinn for him. I am not a fan of Quinn, in fact, i think he sucks, but to take a chance on him for Parrish, who wouldn't?

And i know Owens is a good player. Ive always hated him until i saw him first hand and i just think he's been misunderstood over the years. I love him and i'm thankful we signed him. It's too bad it didn't work out and it's not his fault, and like you said, we just can't get him the ball for various reasons.... OLine, bad QB and Jauron's pop warner offense. But a bad team won't want him. Vikings or Bears, i can see. Brownies? No.

It was also reported that when we tried to trade Parrish we were over valuing him. Trying to get a 4th from Pittsburgh this off season. No dice.

I too am pissed about T.O. Not at Owens, just pissed we are ruining his great career.
                        I am The Batman.

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
                          • Feb 2009

I can see Quinn being a good QB. However, only if he has a good coach behind him. Which would never happen here unfortunately. It'd be another 3 year setback.
                          "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Dying_-2-_Live
                            I can see Quinn being a good QB. However, only if he has a good coach behind him. Which would never happen here unfortunately. It'd be another 3 year setback.

The only way I see Quinn working for the Bills is this.

Brian Schottenheimer as head coach.

An offensive mind, a great head coach prospect, cheap and unproven just like Ralph likes them. Could help build a good offense around Quinn starting with the line.

Brian Baluga with our first round pick.

We need a dominate left tackle, he is it. Baluga, Levitre, Geoff, Wood, Butler gives Quinn good protection and he will have Lynch and Jackson to bail him out. Not to mention Evans, Hardy, Johnson and Reed.

That is the only way I could see a successful Quinn in Buffalo.
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                              • Jul 2004

I too am pissed about T.O. Not at Owens, just pissed we are ruining his great career.
                              I am with ya on this one brother. TO is one of my favorite players in the NFL at his position. I almost died when I found out we got a shot at him and I would hate to see him go. BUT this isnt working out for him at all. Pretty sad.. I can't beleive Trent isnt using him like he should. Dont give me that he is double coveredor he droped some passes... His strong point is deep instride catches.. he is a physical player... IMO we should off load him .. he is serving no purpose other than placing the national media on your errors and flaws...

If anything good comes of the TO signing... It might be all the attention the Bills are getting for the lack of production as a team... and this might help us force some change... Wish TO would go postal on Dick during the game and when asked "Terrell.. looked like you got into Jauron's face and ahd some words for him, care to tell us what was said" and he lays it all out on the table and puts the whole team on blast...
                              @Hemlepp53

Comment

Working...
                              X