PDA

View Full Version : The Losman Revolution Hits a Speed Bump

patmoran2006
10-15-2009, 07:53 AM
The fairy tale start to J.P. Losman’s UFL season took a turn last night, one that Buffalo Bills fans are all too familiar with

LINK (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/10/the-losman-revolution-hits-a-speed-bump/)

realdealryan
10-15-2009, 07:56 AM
http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/losman_270181gm-a-300x225.jpg

Pretty familiar. 19 guys on him and still trying to get rid of the ball.

yordad
10-15-2009, 08:09 AM
If you are going to say his TDs were in garbage time, why wasn't his desperation pick considered to be in garbage time?

Why did you not mention Bollinger hadn't been touch all game and JP was running for his life? Why did you not mention JP made plays with his legs that only 2 or 3 QBs in the league could have done. Why did you not mention his best WR was out?

SABURZFAN
10-15-2009, 08:12 AM
:yawn:

:z:

yordad
10-15-2009, 08:17 AM
http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/losman_270181gm-a-300x225.jpg

Pretty familiar. 19 guys on him and still trying to get rid of the ball.

Yep, shame on him for having confidence in his abilities to try and make a play. I don't know if you know, but his line "blocked" like that the entire game. I guess he should have just dropped back and took a knee.

Philagape
10-15-2009, 08:17 AM
Does the UFL use a dumbed-down rating formula? 19-35-232-2-1 is an 82.1 rating in the NFL. We'll call it the Losman Scale.

Philagape
10-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Yep, shame on him for having confidence in his abilities to try and make a play. I don't know if you know, but his line "blocked" like that the entire game. I guess he should have just dropped back and took a knee.

Aaron Rodgers! Aaron Rodgers! Aaron Rodgers!

It takes a truly bizarre psychological disorder to defend an erratic performance IN THE UFL.

trapezeus
10-15-2009, 08:25 AM
yordad, you can let it go now. He doesn't need to be defended anymore. he is what he showed he is.

The reason its sad in the UFL is that he's supposedly a great athlete who can just make plays because he's better than average people. That's how he succeeded in Tulane. But that's not how it works when you are at the same level as everyone else. you really have to understand the position. And he doesn't.

Your defense of him was hilarious though. i got a kick out of it.

That's my contribution to this thread.

Philagape
10-15-2009, 08:28 AM
I thought he was supposed to be a god among men.

yordad
10-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Aaron Rodgers! Aaron Rodgers! Aaron Rodgers!

It takes a truly bizarre psychological disorder to defend an erratic performance IN THE UFL.Try to follow along. Pat was making a direct comparison to Bollinger. If you don't think it is worth noting dude went untouched, then I don't know what to tell you.

yordad
10-15-2009, 09:32 AM
yordad, you can let it go now. He doesn't need to be defended anymore. he is what he showed he is.

The reason its sad in the UFL is that he's supposedly a great athlete who can just make plays because he's better than average people. That's how he succeeded in Tulane. But that's not how it works when you are at the same level as everyone else. you really have to understand the position. And he doesn't.

That's my contribution to this thread.If you don't think JP made his team better, then you didn't watch the game.

mybills
10-15-2009, 09:32 AM
29 - 15? That's a weird score. Is it not the same as the NFL with 2pt safety, 3pt FG, 6pt TD, 1pt extra?

justasportsfan
10-15-2009, 09:34 AM

That's my contribution to this thread.

nothing different from when you attempt to blame Trents woes on our OL, coach and especially our wrs. I laughed at that too.

This place is full of hypocracy.

trapezeus
10-15-2009, 09:37 AM
your logic is flawed.

1 QB with adequate protection yielded no results, no wins.
1 QB with same protection, same receivers, yielded better results.

All else being equal edwards is better than losman. That makes no guarantee that edwards is a good QB, but he is a legitimate NFL backup at the very least.

Feel free to misconstrue that as edwards love as you often like to do.

yordad
10-15-2009, 09:39 AM
your logic is flawed.

1 QB with adequate protection yielded no results, no wins.
1 QB with same protection, same receivers, yielded better results.

All else being equal edwards is better than losman. That makes no guarantee that edwards is a good QB, but he is a legitimate NFL backup at the very least.

Feel free to misconstrue that as edwards love as you often like to do.I assume you mean record, cuz that was your only case. This team is 1-4 right now with better talent. How is Trents yielding better results?

PECKERWOOD
10-15-2009, 09:49 AM
Looks like he should have taken a backup job in the NFL somewheres, now it looks like he will be lucky to make 3rd string on an NFL team.

yordad
10-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Looks like he should have taken a backup job in the NFL somewheres, now it looks like he will be lucky to make 3rd string on an NFL team.Did you watch?

Mr. Miyagi
10-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Losman sucks. That's all there is to it. Yes I used to be a JP apologist and even bought his jersey. Now I use it to change the oil.

mybills
10-15-2009, 09:54 AM
HOW DOES THE SCORING WORK IN THE UFL??????????????????????????

yordad
10-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Pat, I read your first "pass by pass" diary. You left out perfect passes that were dropped, and did your best to make it sound like JP was playing like garbage. Then when he started hitting every thrown you stopped your diary.

Now you are trying to make it sound like JP was the reason his team lost. He looked like their best player. I'm not saying he looked like a man amongst boys, but he is not the reason his team lost.

Philagape
10-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Try to follow along. Pat was making a direct comparison to Bollinger. If you don't think it is worth noting dude went untouched, then I don't know what to tell you.

Tell me how good QBs overcome bad protection, like Aaron Rodgers.

trapezeus
10-15-2009, 09:57 AM
whether you think i hate losman or not, Losman isn't getting back into the NFL. Even if he wows everyone with studly UFL stats. Here's why

Losman is getting older. No GM or Coach on a bad NFL team is going to risk their job further by bringing in a guy who failed in the NFL already but succeeded in a lesser league. If they get another year, they are going to take a young guy in the draft to excite the fan base and to get some "time" if he doesn't perform right away. Imagine hiring Losman. The fans are already angry that the team sucks and you picked up a UFL QB for your answer. Then in game 1 he throws for 175 yards with 3 picks and 2 bombs. People will ask for your dismisal immediately. However, you bring in a top pick and he performs poorly, "he looked pretty good. he's a rookie, but this can get better."

That leaves losman as getting a backup position if he truly performed well from a team that needs a backup but doesn't want him to be a starter. will JP do that? who knows. but he won't be coming back as a starter any time soon.

As for Yordad's comments...i was measuring them when they were on the same team working with the exact same tools. If you want to pretend that losman would be doing anybetter, you are free to be delusional. i'm sure losman would have succeeded punting the ball out of his hands in 3 games as he showed is amazing scrambling abilities this season. I'm sure his dinks and dunks would have been 3 feet over our receivers heads. but in the end, we'd still be 1-4 at best and more likely 0-5 because he apparently doesn't comprehend audibles. See, it's fun to take guesses at what ifs. but it doesn't necessarily do a whole lot.

yordad
10-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Tell me how good QBs overcome bad protection, like Aaron Rodgers.By helping his team instead of hurting it. By trying to make a play. By not giving up. By making plays with his legs.

justasportsfan
10-15-2009, 10:00 AM
your logic is flawed.

1 QB with adequate protection yielded no results, no wins.. Do you remember how bad our D was? Trent should be benefiting form a D now thats been at it's best since Dicks been here yet he's doing everything to screw our D over.

1 QB with same protection, same receivers, yielded better results... One qb was a better dink and dunk play not to lose qb. How is he doing now? Worse than it's ever been with better weapons. Let's face it, JP was a better big play qb and Trent then was a better checkdown qb . Now he's not even that but I'm sure you'll find a way to blame it on the wrs.

All else being equal edwards is better than losman. That makes no guarantee that edwards is a good QB, but he is a legitimate NFL backup at the very least. .Feel free to misconstrue that as edwards love as you often like to do.

Both got screwed by crappy coaching but your excuses only apply to one . Either you're a Trent licker or a JP hater.

You're making the very same excuses for Trent that people made for JP. I know , it sucks being exposed to having double standards.

yordad
10-15-2009, 10:04 AM
whether you think i hate losman or not, Losman isn't getting back into the NFL. Even if he wows everyone with studly UFL stats. Here's why

Losman is getting older. No GM or Coach on a bad NFL team is going to risk their job further by bringing in a guy who failed in the NFL already but succeeded in a lesser league. If they get another year, they are going to take a young guy in the draft to excite the fan base and to get some "time" if he doesn't perform right away. Imagine hiring Losman. The fans are already angry that the team sucks and you picked up a UFL QB for your answer. Then in game 1 he throws for 175 yards with 3 picks and 2 bombs. People will ask for your dismisal immediately. However, you bring in a top pick and he performs poorly, "he looked pretty good. he's a rookie, but this can get better."

That leaves losman as getting a backup position if he truly performed well from a team that needs a backup but doesn't want him to be a starter. will JP do that? who knows. but he won't be coming back as a starter any time soon.

As for Yordad's comments...i was measuring them when they were on the same team working with the exact same tools. If you want to pretend that losman would be doing anybetter, you are free to be delusional. i'm sure losman would have succeeded punting the ball out of his hands in 3 games as he showed is amazing scrambling abilities this season. I'm sure his dinks and dunks would have been 3 feet over our receivers heads. but in the end, we'd still be 1-4 at best and more likely 0-5 because he apparently doesn't comprehend audibles. See, it's fun to take guesses at what ifs. but it doesn't necessarily do a whole lot.You did not measure them on the same team. You "measured" the team's record vs different teams. There is a difference, and I have made in depth post about their personal statistical differences. You also seen them calling JP's plays to Trent's strengths.

Funny how you say "Losman isn't getting back into the NFL" as if a fact, then follow it up with "will JP do that? who knows."

justasportsfan
10-15-2009, 10:05 AM

As for Yordad's comments...i was measuring them when they were on the same team working with the exact same tools. If you want to pretend that losman would be doing anybetter, you are free to be delusional. i'm sure losman would have succeeded punting the ball out of his hands in 3 games as he showed is amazing scrambling abilities this season. I'm sure his dinks and dunks would have been 3 feet over our receivers heads. but in the end, we'd still be 1-4 at best and more likely 0-5 because he apparently doesn't comprehend audibles. See, it's fun to take guesses at what ifs. but it doesn't necessarily do a whole lot.

When will the world end? Needs some dates please.

trapezeus
10-15-2009, 10:05 AM
here we go again.

Justa, you are linking things that aren't correct. i used the actual results when they were on the same team. Edwards was the better QB. We are arguing over which of the 3 stooges was smarter.

And you are trying to make it seem like losman would be in a better position. The guy was crap with a better line that protected people. he was innaccurate on short and intermediate passes.

Losman is getting coached by fassell in a league with 4 teams and he's doing the same stuff. it's over for him. But your argument has been that i can't see the future. Which is true, but i can extrapolate based on historical knowledge. 5 years is a lot. 3 is the bare minimum.

Losman was a loser every step of the way with only a game here and a game there.

Edwards won under the same crappy coaching. This years line is truly awful after the injuries happened.Something has changed in edwards and its resulted in timid and ugly play.

The bills D means nothing to how the offense moves the ball. 2005 the bills had one of the top rated defenses. Where were the wins then?

There isn't a double standard as much as you wish there were. They are two different QBs. One that got run out of the league, and one, who even after this disaster year is going to end up a backup somewhere in the NFL next year.

justasportsfan
10-15-2009, 10:07 AM
here we go again.

Justa, you are linking things that aren't correct. i used the actual results when they were on the same team. Edwards was the better QB. We are arguing over which of the 3 stooges was smarter.

And you are trying to make it seem like losman would be in a better position. The guy was crap with a better line that protected people. he was innaccurate on short and intermediate passes.

Losman is getting coached by fassell in a league with 4 teams and he's doing the same stuff. it's over for him. But your argument has been that i can't see the future. Which is true, but i can extrapolate based on historical knowledge. 5 years is a lot. 3 is the bare minimum.

Losman was a loser every step of the way with only a game here and a game there.

Edwards won under the same crappy coaching. This years line is truly awful after the injuries happened.Something has changed in edwards and its resulted in timid and ugly play.

The bills D means nothing to how the offense moves the ball. 2005 the bills had one of the top rated defenses. Where were the wins then?

There isn't a double standard as much as you wish there were. They are two different QBs. One that got run out of the league, and one, who even after this disaster year is going to end up a backup somewhere in the NFL next year.

I've already said that Trent was a better qb for what Dick wants, play not to lose, dink and dunk conservative. What else do you want me to say?

Now that teams have locked on to Trent, Trent isn't even throwing the ball anymore.

I will say this though, it may nt change the outcome of the results w-l but if JP was our qb, TO and Lee wouldn't be wasted bodies out on the field.

Philagape
10-15-2009, 10:11 AM
By helping his team instead of hurting it. By trying to make a play. By not giving up. By making plays with his legs.

That's all great, for the Special Olympics.

I said overcome, not "nice try, little buddy"

yordad
10-15-2009, 10:15 AM
That's all great, for the Special Olympics.

I said overcome, not "nice try, little buddy"You are right, he should have carried the defense and special teams to try and give himself better field position. Or perhaps he should have blocked for himself, or caught his own passes.

Philagape
10-15-2009, 10:16 AM
You did not measure them on the same team. You "measured" the team's record vs different teams. There is a difference, and I have made in depth post about their personal statistical differences.

Once Trent wasn't a rookie anymore, he blew JPUFL away, both individually and helping the team.

yordad
10-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Once Trent wasn't a rookie anymore, he blew JPUFL away, both individually and helping the team.LOL, what the heck team are you watching?

trapezeus
10-15-2009, 10:23 AM
if message boards existed in 1983-84, would there have been this much debate of Bruce Mathison and Vince Ferragamo?

today we realize both guys sucked and thank god kelly came along. perhaps one day soon, we'll get our savior.

Philagape
10-15-2009, 10:25 AM
LOL, what the heck team are you watching?

We were talking about when they were on the same team, right? Same team, same tools, it was a blowout.
YPA: 7.2 to 5.6
Air yards per pass: 6.6 to 3.8
Sack rate: 5.8 to 12.6
Int rate: 2.7 to 4.8
Fumble rate: 2.4 to 7.7
Rating: 85.4 to 62.3
Helping the team win: 7-5 to 0-4.

JPUFL is, literally, not in the same league. How embarrassing it is to get outclassed by Trent Edwards, who didn't turn out well.

Pinkerton Security
10-15-2009, 10:26 AM
LOSMAN ISNT THE NFL ANYMORE YOU LOSERS, QUIT DEFENDING HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justasportsfan
10-15-2009, 10:30 AM
LOSMAN ISNT THE NFL ANYMORE YOU LOSERS, QUIT DEFENDING HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not defending him, just pointing out the hypocracy here and the double standards. Maybe you should tell the haters to stop draggin his name into a bills board.

Stop starting threads so we don't have to point out the hypocracy.

Philagape
10-15-2009, 10:33 AM
You are right, he should have carried the defense and special teams to try and give himself better field position. Or perhaps he should have blocked for himself, or caught his own passes.

But Aaron Rodgers does it!!

yordad
10-15-2009, 10:34 AM
LOSMAN ISNT THE NFL ANYMORE YOU LOSERS, QUIT DEFENDING HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This thread is clearly labeled. Why are you clicking on it?

yordad
10-15-2009, 10:35 AM
But Aaron Rodgers does it!!He catches his own passes and plays defense? I think you are actually missing an important piece of info. LOSMAN DIDN'T HAVE A BAD GAME.

Typ0
10-15-2009, 10:37 AM
In a couple years JP will be helping someone to the car with their groceries and drop their milk and pickles on the ground breaking the bottles. His bosses response is going to be "oh no, not again" you're fired JP you just can't do this job. And I can guarantee there will be three lickers standing there defending him to his boss.

Philagape
10-15-2009, 10:39 AM
He catches his own passes and plays defense? I think you are actually missing an important piece of info. LOSMAN DIDN'T HAVE A BAD GAME.

"Not bad" ... in the UFL. Nice standards you got there.

yordad
10-15-2009, 10:48 AM
In a couple years JP will be helping someone to the car with their groceries and drop their milk and pickles on the ground breaking the bottles. His bosses response is going to be "oh no, not again" you're fired JP you just can't do this job. And I can guarantee there will be three lickers standing there defending him to his boss.This post is delusional. You probably believe it. In a couple years JP will be set for life, if he isn't already. And, I don't know if you know but he has some good non-football qualities, including a good education. I am pretty sure he is over qualified for the job you mentioned, and if he is loading someones car with groceries it will be out of kindness, not employment.

And if he breaks their pickles, he will buy them some more.

yordad
10-15-2009, 10:50 AM
"Not bad" ... in the UFL. Nice standards you got there.I am sorry he isn't living up to the lofty "pitiful in the NFL" standards you have for Trent.

Typ0
10-15-2009, 10:50 AM
:rofl:

Philagape
10-15-2009, 10:59 AM
I am sorry he isn't living up to the lofty "pitiful in the NFL" standards you have for Trent.

Oh, he nailed that one too.

Aliceinchainsbills15
10-15-2009, 11:09 AM
The fairy tale start to J.P. Losman’s UFL season took a turn last night, one that Buffalo Bills fans are all too familiar with

LINK (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/10/the-losman-revolution-hits-a-speed-bump/)
Who cares about JP. He was a terrible quarterback when he played with us.

Night Train
10-15-2009, 11:17 AM
So you're saying we should sign Bollinger. :up:

The King
10-15-2009, 11:26 AM
He catches his own passes and plays defense? I think you are actually missing an important piece of info. LOSMAN DIDN'T HAVE A BAD GAME.I think you're missing the point. If Losman was as good as you think he is he would never have less than a great game with the competition level in the UFL. He should look like Peyton Manning against the Buc's week in and week out. Also there is no grounding in the UFL and he took how many sacks?

Losman can suck my nuts, the guy sucks at life. The only thing he's good at is looking like Adam Sandler.

SABURZFAN
10-15-2009, 11:37 AM
In a couple years JP will be helping someone to the car with their groceries and drop their milk and pickles on the ground breaking the bottles. His bosses response is going to be "oh no, not again" you're fired JP you just can't do this job. And I can guarantee there will be three lickers standing there defending him to his boss.

:lmao:

let me guess. djjimkelly, acehole, and yordad.

justasportsfan
10-15-2009, 12:05 PM
If Losman was as good as you think he is he would never have less than a great game with the competition level in the UFL. .
thats not necesarily true for any qb. their supporting casts are scrubs as well. Peyton wouldn't be as good as he is with our OL.

The King
10-15-2009, 12:42 PM
thats not necesarily true for any qb. their supporting casts are scrubs as well. Peyton wouldn't be as good as he is with our OL.Peyton would be a top 5 QB in the league on any team.

Lone Stranger
10-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Nice uniforms.

yordad
10-15-2009, 01:17 PM
I think you're missing the point. If Losman was as good as you think he is he would never have less than a great game with the competition level in the UFL. He should look like Peyton Manning against the Buc's week in and week out. Also there is no grounding in the UFL and he took how many sacks?

Losman can suck my nuts, the guy sucks at life. The only thing he's good at is looking like Adam Sandler.I don't get it, do you love or hate the guy?

Bill Cody
10-15-2009, 01:22 PM
If you are going to say his TDs were in garbage time, why wasn't his desperation pick considered to be in garbage time?

Why did you not mention Bollinger hadn't been touch all game and JP was running for his life? Why did you not mention JP made plays with his legs that only 2 or 3 QBs in the league could have done. Why did you not mention his best WR was out?

:horsecrap

BuffaloBlitz83
10-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Oh God. Someone has a crush, very freaky deaky.

The King
10-15-2009, 01:30 PM
I don't get it, do you love or hate the guy?Adam Sandler? Im a fan.

yordad
10-15-2009, 01:31 PM
:horsecrapLOL, I love this. I am having this conversation about JPs performance with all kinds of people who didn't watch it.

yordad
10-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Oh, he nailed that one too.In this thread it is being claimed that Jp had a horrible game. That he hit a "speed bump". That he looked crappy, and should be to blamed for his teams loss. It also links to an article. A obviously biased opinion piece that was intentionally coloring JPs performance as bad.

Excuse me for clouding this hate thread with facts. Excuse me for pointing out he didn't have a bad game. It just seemed rather relevant to me.

Philagape
10-15-2009, 01:47 PM
JUST LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!!!!!

http://www.lifelounge.com/resources/IMGTHUMB/LeaveBritneyAlone_thumbnail.jpg

Bill Cody
10-15-2009, 01:54 PM
LOL, I love this. I am having this conversation about JPs performance with all kinds of people who didn't watch it.

:bigwave: I haven't seen what today's dump looks like either but even without seeing it I suspect it will look pretty much like yesterday's.

yordad
10-15-2009, 01:56 PM
:bigwave: I haven't seen what today's dump looks like either but even without seeing it I suspect it will look pretty much like yesterday's.Translation: You don't know what you are talking about.

Mike
10-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Philigape,

Dont you get it? Yordad is a brainwashed JP fan. He is emotionally hanging on to a past idol. No matter how bad JP is, Yordad will defend him and give up some excuse for him, like a mother defending her cub. No amount of logic will ever change his mind, nor will on field evidence. Even if JP fails in Pewe Football game with teenagers, Yordad will blame the WR for not being developed or not being able to catch JP awesome passes.

So, at a time like this it might be better to just quit. There is no point in trying to convince him that JP sucks, he is incapable of getting it.

Philagape
10-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Philigape,

Dont you get it? Yordad is a brainwashed JP fan. He is emotionally hanging on to a past idol. No matter how bad JP is, Yordad will defend him and give up some excuse for him, like a mother defending her cub. No amount of logic will ever change his mind, nor will on field evidence. Even if JP fails in Pewe Football game with teenagers, Yordad will blame the WR for not being developed or not being able to catch JP awesome passes.

So, at a time like this it might be better to just quit. There is no point in trying to convince him that JP sucks, he is incapable of getting it.

I'm well aware of all of that.

I just find the pathological idolization of failed QBs fascinating. I've seen it here before, with Bledsoe, for example, but never to this magnitude.

MassEffect218435
10-15-2009, 02:30 PM
It's pretty sad that you won't just let Losman go.

yordad
10-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Philigape,

So, at a time like this it might be better to just quit. There is no point in trying to convince him that JP sucks, he is incapable of getting it.LOL, thank you. Kind of strange. You almost convinced me. Before I read this I thought I was pretty sure a majority of JPs NFL results were actually fairly bad.

I guess I was wrong. I guess I don't think what I thought I thunk. Thank you for clarifying my thoughts for me.

You see, I thought I was referring to JP's UFL game last night, where his play was actually decent, despite the fact that if you just read the opening post, or the linked article you would have thought he played horrible.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think I have been attempting to clarify things for you, not vice versa. I see my attempts have failed because after 4 pages your still not grasping much.

:handball:

yordad
10-15-2009, 02:50 PM
I'm well aware of all of that.

I just find the pathological idolization of failed QBs fascinating. I've seen it here before, with Bledsoe, for example, but never to this magnitude.Did you break out with your thesaurus for that one?

trapezeus
10-15-2009, 04:01 PM
what confuses me yordad, is that the rest of your bills related posts are often spot on or fairly interesting. yet on this topic, we just never see eye to eye.

yordad
10-15-2009, 08:51 PM
what confuses me yordad, is that the rest of your bills related posts are often spot on or fairly interesting. yet on this topic, we just never see eye to eye.Thankyou. It's all good man. This doesn't really matter, but it does past the time during my boring work day. It is just an opinion. I respect yours.

djjimkelly
10-15-2009, 08:59 PM
what confuses me yordad, is that the rest of your bills related posts are often spot on or fairly interesting. yet on this topic, we just never see eye to eye.

maybe he is spot on here too

only time will tell

but of course we have to think JP is bad becuz of a few idiotic fans who cannot see the bills are the problem and that we kept the less and i mean far less talented qb prospect

dmosher12
10-15-2009, 10:37 PM
maybe if the bills could draft decent qbs or even a winning college qb!!!!! people wouldn't have to argue over which crappier qb is better

Typ0
10-16-2009, 06:12 AM
maybe if the bills could draft decent qbs or even a winning college qb!!!!! people wouldn't have to argue over which crappier qb is better

That's true, but it won't change the lovefest with JP. If we trade for Peyton Manning the lickers will still be here bickering about how great JP is.

yordad
10-16-2009, 07:03 AM
That's true, but it won't change the lovefest with JP. If we trade for Peyton Manning the lickers will still be here bickering about how great JP is.LOL, name one. Personally, again, I wasn't opposed to replacing JP. I was opposed to replacing him with Trent.

Jan Reimers
10-16-2009, 07:08 AM
Love him or hate him, we should all get over JP, or move these discussions to some other zone. JP is no longer with us, and is irrelevant to Bills' football.

yordad
10-16-2009, 07:35 AM
Love him or hate him, we should all get over JP, or move these discussions to some other zone. JP is no longer with us, and is irrelevant to Bills' football.If he goes onto succeed, it illustrates our coaches inabilities.

Typ0
10-16-2009, 07:37 AM
LOL, name one. Personally, again, I wasn't opposed to replacing JP. I was opposed to replacing him with Trent.

but it wasn't a JP VS TE arguement you make it that! The fact was JP wasn't getting it done. He's not going to get it done. It was time to move on. TE was the guy that was there. I agree with you a better choice would have been a different guy I've been calling for that for years. But they didn't bring that guy in and TE is what we needed to give a try. It looks now like he's not going to get it done either and we're going to have to move on from him as well. But it seems like every time a fly lands on a football you feel the need to chime in about how that fly caused JP to fumble.

Typ0
10-16-2009, 07:40 AM
If he goes onto succeed, it illustrates our coaches inabilities.

I dont' see him succeeding but that's still a matter of opinion the cards aren't yet to be played. However, it doesn't necessarily illustrate our coaches inabilities there could be other factors involved. One, for example, is JPs ****ey attitude that clearly has gotten him into trouble on the football field. He doesn't seem to be able to fathom his weaknesses to properly work on them. Plus, he gets too wound up and can't relax. Those aren't a function of the coaching maybe he just wasn't ready yet. Did you ever consider that? No, the only thing you will consider is a long list of excuses for everything EXCEPT JP failed because of JP.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2009, 08:03 AM
maybe he is spot on here too

only time will tell

but of course we have to think JP is bad becuz of a few idiotic fans who cannot see the bills are the problem and that we kept the less and i mean far less talented qb prospect

i doubt it.

time already told.

Philagape posted comparisons earlier in this thread. the far less talented QB is no longer on the Bills.

yordad
10-16-2009, 08:31 AM
But it seems like every time a fly lands on a football you feel the need to chime in about how that fly caused JP to fumble.For some reason I do not recall that argument, and I seem to have a fairly good memory.

yordad
10-16-2009, 08:33 AM
I dont' see him succeeding but that's still a matter of opinion the cards aren't yet to be played. However, it doesn't necessarily illustrate our coaches inabilities there could be other factors involved. One, for example, is JPs ****ey attitude that clearly has gotten him into trouble on the football field. He doesn't seem to be able to fathom his weaknesses to properly work on them. Plus, he gets too wound up and can't relax. Those aren't a function of the coaching maybe he just wasn't ready yet. Did you ever consider that? No, the only thing you will consider is a long list of excuses for everything EXCEPT JP failed because of JP.So, a coach cannot point out the weaknesses of the QB? Or tell him he is too wound, or find a way to calm him? OK, sounds like a crappy coach. I've had better in flag football.

trapezeus
10-16-2009, 08:39 AM
i'm sorry... JP succeeding in the UFl doesn't mean anything. He should be beating the pants off these guys. This is like him moving to tulane because he couldn't cut it at USC.

He should on athletics alone be able to avoid learning his playbook and scramble around and buy time and launch it long.

That was his issue.

The coaches suck, yes. But they kept him through all of it. They cut jim leonard, but kept ko simpson. They kept a train and sat fred jackson. When there is a dud to keep, they keep them.

And like i said earlier, i think we may be debating over Ferragamo vs. Mathison. But sucked. And now 20 years later, few of us care which one sucked worse. but in that vein, did mathison suck because of Bullough, or was he just terrible?

yordad
10-16-2009, 08:45 AM
i'm sorry... JP succeeding in the UFl doesn't mean anything. He should be beating the pants off these guys. This is like him moving to tulane because he couldn't cut it at USC.

He should on athletics alone be able to avoid learning his playbook and scramble around and buy time and launch it long.

That was his issue.

The coaches suck, yes. But they kept him through all of it. They cut jim leonard, but kept ko simpson. They kept a train and sat fred jackson. When there is a dud to keep, they keep them.

And like i said earlier, i think we may be debating over Ferragamo vs. Mathison. But sucked. And now 20 years later, few of us care which one sucked worse. but in that vein, did mathison suck because of Bullough, or was he just terrible?You act as if I am forcing you to debate this with me. In fact, I am beginning to get confused about what we are even talking about anymore.

Plan and simple, JP did not have a bad game the other night.

justasportsfan
10-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Peyton would be a top 5 QB in the league on any team.

I thought games are fought in the trenches. Peyton would not be as good as he is without an OL. If his OL was making false starts like ours , he won't be as good.

Typ0
10-16-2009, 10:29 AM
So, a coach cannot point out the weaknesses of the QB? Or tell him he is too wound, or find a way to calm him? OK, sounds like a crappy coach. I've had better in flag football.

yes, a coach can but ultimately it's up to the player. You watched the games on sunday and immediatly assume that JP played poorly because the coach didn't tell him these things. You just want to blame someone else because you can't admit you were wrong and move on.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2009, 10:30 AM
yes, a coach can but ultimately it's up to the player. You watched the games on sunday and immediatly assume that JP played poorly because the coach didn't tell him these things. You just want to blame someone else because you can't admit you were wrong and move on.

:bf1:

yordad
10-16-2009, 11:32 AM
yes, a coach can but ultimately it's up to the player. You watched the games on sunday and immediatly assume that JP played poorly because the coach didn't tell him these things. You just want to blame someone else because you can't admit you were wrong and move on.Actually, I watched the game on Wednesday not Sunday, and I thought the coach did a pretty good job. He made some nice half time adjustments too, and he told the line they were not holding their blocks long enough.

But to address what you keep saying, despite the fact it isn't relevant in this thread, I think JP is better then Edwards, you don't. Good enough for me.

Typ0
10-16-2009, 11:56 AM
Actually, I watched the game on Wednesday not Sunday, and I thought the coach did a pretty good job. He made some nice half time adjustments too, and he told the line they were not holding their blocks long enough.

But to address what you keep saying, despite the fact it isn't relevant in this thread, I think JP is better then Edwards, you don't. Good enough for me.

all this proves is you don't listen and are ignorant.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2009, 12:02 PM
all this proves is you don't listen and are ignorant.

i've been saying that all along.

trapezeus
10-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Actually, I watched the game on Wednesday not Sunday, and I thought the coach did a pretty good job. He made some nice half time adjustments too, and he told the line they were not holding their blocks long enough.

perhaps next year, las vegas will saddle themselves with edwards and see this woeful debate rage on...again

yordad
10-16-2009, 12:58 PM
all this proves is you don't listen and are ignorant.How does this prove I am ignorant and don't listen? Please enlighten me. I am positive if you feel that way it is you who is not listening and is ignorant.

Feel free to explain. Unless of course you are too stupid to.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-16-2009, 01:01 PM
I can't Fathom why Losman threads are still being created. It irks me

SABURZFAN
10-16-2009, 01:01 PM
:yawn:

:z:

SABURZFAN
10-16-2009, 01:03 PM
I can't Fathom why Losman threads are still being created. It irks me

the Lickers are still bitter.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-16-2009, 01:10 PM
I hope the lickers and haters both stop. It's 2009. Let's hope for best out of Edwards and look to our future with Pike, Locker, Bradford, or Mccoy. Cause regardless of what Trent does, a QB will be drafted by the new coach.

Typ0
10-16-2009, 01:51 PM
How does this prove I am ignorant and don't listen? Please enlighten me. I am positive if you feel that way it is you who is not listening and is ignorant.

Feel free to explain. Unless of course you are too stupid to.

I would take the time...but I've already explained three or four times so what's the point. If you really want to know re read the thread.

yordad
10-16-2009, 02:15 PM
I would take the time...but I've already explained three or four times so what's the point. If you really want to know re read the thread.As I suspected. Just because you are too stupid to grasp the topic, it doesn't mean I am ignorant.

But, people with a lack of understanding and vocab usually stoop to just calling names, so your actions don't surprise me too much. I did, however, think you had a higher maturity then a seven year old. My bad.

Typ0
10-16-2009, 02:59 PM
As I suspected. Just because you are too stupid to grasp the topic, it doesn't mean I am ignorant.

But, people with a lack of understanding and vocab usually stoop to just calling names, so your actions don't surprise me too much. I did, however, think you had a higher maturity then a seven year old. My bad.

right, you want me to walk you through it instead of taking some of the responsibility yourself. Sounds like you make the same excuses for yourself that you do for JP. At least it's starting to make more sense now.

mybills
10-16-2009, 03:28 PM
I figured out why you guys get so hot & bothered talking about JP.
The man is SEXY! :up:

'If the light stays on for more than 4 hours, call your erectrician.'