PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Draft Experts.

Pecan
10-15-2009, 11:35 AM
1. What do you think of picking up a guy like Eric Decker from the Min. Gophers or a Jordan Shipley from Tex.?
* What round do you see them going in?

---- Just thought they could fill a "Wes Welker" role which seems to be a huge asset in the NFL these days.-----

2. If we draft a QB. (say we have a pretty early pick) do you think are choice of QB will depend on which head coach we hire?

---Like if we somehow get M. Holmgren, we go wirh Clausen (he seems his style. kinda like a Matt Hasselbeck.)

If we get a no name coach we get McCoy because he seems easily coached. ETC....-----

psubills62
10-15-2009, 11:38 AM
I have to say, I'm a huge fan of Decker's. The guy has good size and produces despite being the only real weapon on that team. From what it sounds like, he'll go 2nd round at this point.

DraftBoy
10-15-2009, 11:44 AM
I see Decker as a mid 2nd-3rd Round prospect at this point because I think he'll time poorly in the 40. The guy can get open but the Big 10 isnt known for having great defensive backfields so that will raise some questions as well.

Jordan Shipley is an older prospect as he is in 6th season at Texas so that will hurt him some. He is smaller and quick like Welker. I dont know if his route discipline is the same but he brings some good ST value to a team as a returner. Prior to last year Shipley hadn't really done much at Texas combinging for only 646 yards and 9 TD's in four seasons. Questions remain about his durability and injury concerns as he missed his first two full season due to injury.

2. Yes completely, no coach will draft a QB who won't fit their system.

Demon
10-15-2009, 03:59 PM
I like Decker a lot as well. There will be some high caliber WR's available in this draft which could allow Decker to drop but i still wouldn't take him if i were Buffalo in the 2nd round. There is a few guys who if they do drop i wouldn't even think twice (LeFell from LSU and Gilyard from Cincy) taking. Decker will be a solid player in the NFL. I've seen a few Minnesota games this season and he's stood out each time. I think the Bills will go QB/OL round 1 and defense round 2 and LB out of South Carolina Eric Norwood should be there.... kid is a monster. That's who i'd want instead of getting a WR unless it was one of the 2 first rounders who drop because they could be real play makers.

As for Shipley... he def has a future in the NFL and i think he'll be late 2nd or 3rd round pick because you just can't teach his type of speed. He's one of the fastest players in the draft (although the kid from clemson i think is quicker Jacoby Ford) which makes him wanted by NFL teams. At worst case, he'll just be a special teams player and do kicks and punts. The Bills selected a much shorter guy, but same type of project with unproven in college Roscoe Parrish with the 2nd round pick and knew worst case he'll be punt/kicks.... best case he'll be S.Moss type. Obviously didn't work out. As draftboy said, Wes Welker is his peak. He'll go 2nd or 3rd by a top level coach who can fit him into whatever system he has.

Demon
10-15-2009, 04:04 PM
Also, if the Bills are hunting for a WR in this draft, i wouldn't mind waiting a bit, til like 4th round and selecting Naaman Roosevelt from UB.

k-oneputt
10-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Receivers are meaningless if you don't have a qb. Look at the Bills and look and New England when they won the Super bowl with no name wr's.

T-Long
10-15-2009, 04:34 PM
1. I really like Shipley. If I'm not mistaken, he is a 6 year player for Texas. Usually receivers get eased into the league, but Shipley could start in the slot right away for a team. If that's the case, he is a 2nd-3rd round talent.

2. I think if we go quarterback in the top 10 picks (which I'm sure we will be), it really does depend on the coach you hire. If you hire a big time offensive mind, he will probably want his own guy in and groom him. If you hire a big time defensive mind, he may just want to stick with Trent and go with a Suh or Mays or Berry to name a few. I think we will know which way we are going to go once a new coach gets hired.

For example:

Holmgren will probably want his own guy to groom (like Hasselbeck)

Nolan will probably stick with Trent for another year and go defense

Gruden will definitely go quarterback. He always has about 10 on his roster to start camp.

clumping platelets
10-15-2009, 04:34 PM
But the Bills will need to consider WR on draft day because both TO and Reed are UFA after 2009 and Parrish may not be here next week.

BillsWin
10-15-2009, 04:35 PM
It all depends on the coach. Something tells me Brian Schottenhiemer would want Bradford while Billick or Gruden might be inclined to go defense or left tackle.

We will never know until the draft.

k-oneputt
10-15-2009, 04:39 PM
But the Bills will need to consider WR on draft day because both TO and Reed are UFA after 2009 and Parrish may not be here next week.

That is exactly why the Bills have stunk for ten years. Drafting outside in first.

Reed and Parrish both stink anyway. Dime a dozen.

Dr. Pepper
10-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Also, if the Bills are hunting for a WR in this draft, i wouldn't mind waiting a bit, til like 4th round and selecting Naaman Roosevelt from UB.

id LOVE roosevelt, but i dont see him lasting until the 4th

clumping platelets
10-15-2009, 04:43 PM
That is exactly why the Bills have stunk for ten years. Drafting outside in first.

Reed and Parrish both stink anyway. Dime a dozen.

I never said 1st rd :nono:

tampabay25690
10-15-2009, 07:31 PM
I like both guys sure handed guys...

Bmax
10-15-2009, 08:54 PM
I don't like either one of them...Back away from the skill players .. Expect QB for now....

At least untill we fill the following holes...OLB-see Sean witherspoon....SS,OT,DT,DE

Bmax