PDA

View Full Version : Say we beat the Jets

rcd333
10-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Say the imposable happens. Edwards turns it around and has a great game and the o-line holds up and we beat the jets.

Does all this fire Jauron now stuff go away for the moment?

Say we have a 2004 like run and finish 9-7.

Do you still want him around for another season?

Dr. Pepper
10-15-2009, 03:58 PM
no playoffs, no jauron.

trapezeus
10-15-2009, 03:59 PM
nope. even with playoffs, i say no to jauron. pulling off the impossible every 8-9 years isn't really the consistency i'm looking for.

cocamide
10-15-2009, 04:00 PM
no playoffs, no jauron.

My thoughts exactly. The only way he should save his job is if he somehow gets this team to the playoffs. If he could do that with this team, then I think he would prove himself as a good coach. In reality, we'll finish 4-12, so we won't have to worry about this hypothetical situation ever occurring.

DynaPaul
10-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Nope. The only way he can possibly save his job is if he brings a Lombardi trophy to One Bills Drive.

trapezeus
10-15-2009, 04:05 PM
if he wins the whole thing, i'll gladly let him finish out his contract, but i'd ask him to retire. And i would write a very long apology stating that he did the unthinkable and that if you stay the course long enough, you inevitably end up where you wanted to be going.

but unless he wins 2 back to back superbowls and outcoaches other teams, makes smart in game decisions, and makes adjustments in the second half...i don't think that i'd ever say he was a good coach.

And to the poster that said we end up 4-12...where are we winning 3 more games?

WeAreArthurMoates
10-15-2009, 04:05 PM
I don't even want to make the playoffs cause we will never and I repeat never win the superbowl, hell a playoff game with him as coach.

Joe Fo Sho
10-15-2009, 04:22 PM
No that'd be worse. **** Jauron, **** Edwards.

BillsWin
10-15-2009, 04:25 PM
No, because it would mean he just ruined our chance at a great player.

k-oneputt
10-15-2009, 04:27 PM
They won't beat the Jets. A beating is coming. 27-6.

Meathead
10-15-2009, 07:18 PM
if this dickball playing team makes the playoffs then dick not only deserves to stay but the entire bills nation would owe him a reach around

hahahahahahahahaha

aint gonna happen kimosabe

mybills
10-16-2009, 06:41 AM
no playoffs, no jauron.
ditto

PECKERWOOD
10-16-2009, 08:48 AM
Sorry, I don't see it happening. I know this is a hypothetical thread, but it isn't going to happen, there's no reason in getting your hopes up. AVP is an awful OC, Jauron is an awful HC, Fewell is a decent DC but not great. We need to clear house after next year, maybe some select coaches and players should be brought back, but for the most part I'd like to see us part ways with much of our player and coaching hierarchy.

Evans, Reed, Parrish, Owens, Kelsay, Denney, Jauron, Fewell, Van Pelt, ALL these guys need to be fired, cut or traded.

shelby
10-16-2009, 08:49 AM
NO

Philagape
10-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Any winning the Bills do under Dick is in spite of him. He is a terrible, terrible coach.

yordad
10-16-2009, 08:53 AM
if he wins the whole thing, i'll gladly let him finish out his contract, but i'd ask him to retire. And i would write a very long apology stating that he did the unthinkable and that if you stay the course long enough, you inevitably end up where you wanted to be going.

but unless he wins 2 back to back superbowls and outcoaches other teams, makes smart in game decisions, and makes adjustments in the second half...i don't think that i'd ever say he was a good coach.

And to the poster that said we end up 4-12...where are we winning 3 more games?Texans @ home vs a 4-3.
Jacksonville in Jacksonville, neutral site, vs a 4-3
Indy @ home vs a 4-3, while they are resting their starters.

NorthCarBills
10-16-2009, 08:54 AM
No thank you.

Even if we won the Superbowl, I'm sure DJ would get a camera closeup for a million viewers to see, and somehow suck the joy right out of it.

Mad Bomber
10-16-2009, 08:54 AM
They won't beat the Jets. A beating is coming. 27-6.
You give this offense WAY too much credit. This offense only put up 3 points against the worst defense in the NFL.

34-3 Jets.

That FG comes as a result of a turnover deep in Jets territory that the Bills can't turn into a TD.

Jan Reimers
10-16-2009, 08:59 AM
No thank you.

Even if we won the Superbowl, I'm sure DJ would get a camera closeup for a million viewers to see, and somehow suck the joy right out of it.
Dick after the game, "I'm going to Dis...er, Amigone, for a change of embalming fluid."

SABURZFAN
10-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Say the imposable happens. Edwards turns it around and has a great game and the o-line holds up and we beat the jets.

you're asking a lot, aren't you?

no

fat chance

HELL NO!!!!!!

The Jokeman
10-16-2009, 10:45 AM
"We beat the Jets" or should I have said "We beat the Jets!??" either way as stated Jauron has to get this team to the playoffs otherwise he's out of a job as HC of the Buffalo Bills.

GreedoII
10-16-2009, 01:03 PM
They need to win 11 straight games. If not, fire his pathetic azz. No margin for error. 12-4 or screw this team.

trapezeus
10-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Texans @ home vs a 4-3.
Jacksonville in Jacksonville, neutral site, vs a 4-3
Indy @ home vs a 4-3, while they are resting their starters.

i agree with 2 of 3. indy resting their starters still have players significantly better than our own. they know how to win...they know how to capitalize on mistakes. we make lots of them. they win that game.

why is jacksonville a neutral site? do i not know something or are you just taking a dig at jacksonville and how empty their stadium is?

yordad
10-17-2009, 06:36 PM
i agree with 2 of 3. indy resting their starters still have players significantly better than our own. they know how to win...they know how to capitalize on mistakes. we make lots of them. they win that game.

why is jacksonville a neutral site? do i not know something or are you just taking a dig at jacksonville and how empty their stadium is?
LOL, just taking a dig.

TigerJ
10-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Say I find a 2,000 carat flawless diamond in my front lawn. . .

As far as the Bills and Dick Jauron are concerned, I think he has shown his stripes. While he may yet win some games this season, and might even win a game or two the Bills aren't picked to win, he's had long enough to build a winning organization and he hasn't even begun to do anything in that direction. A single game here and there does nothing to change that. Now, if wonder of wonders, the Bills finish the season 11-5 and make the playoffs, that will prove me and everyone else around here wrong, and I'll be happy to have him back next season. That's not going to happen, brother, and we all know it.

Aliceinchainsbills15
10-18-2009, 12:38 AM

This team is way too disfunctional to have a winning season let alone beat a winning team under Jauron.