PDA

View Full Version : Trent's quote..

mybills
10-16-2009, 07:42 AM
"Honestly, it's little things," quarterback Trent Edwards said. "The good teams don't make those little mistakes, and we're making the little mistakes which seems like way too often. And that's what's frustrating."
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009101811/2009/REG6/bills@jets/preview/full-story
Little things - like your dink & dunking? :down:

Canadian'eh!
10-16-2009, 07:50 AM
I think he's talking more about the penalties and fumbles on returns......

But he left out, that ti's alo the BIG things. Like the schemes, execution and talent levels.

Jan Reimers
10-16-2009, 07:52 AM
No, there's a big mistake, too. Entrusting our QB position to a guy too timid to play the position.

Joe Fo Sho
10-16-2009, 08:01 AM
No, there's a big mistake, too. Entrusting our QB position to a guy too timid to play the position.

Yeah, that's pretty huge.

unpaid_bills
10-16-2009, 08:15 AM
lillte things like
lack of execution on offsense
inability to stop the run
repeat penalties (in partcular false starts)
turnovers at crucial times
injuries to starters
inexperienced offensice line
inept coaching

he is absolutely right Winning teams avoid these. Winning teams also dont have a loser even keil mentality and THEY DO GET UPSET WHEN THEY LOSE

SABURZFAN
10-16-2009, 08:20 AM
"Honestly, it's little things," quarterback Trent Edwards said. "The good teams don't make those little mistakes, and we're making the little mistakes which seems like way too often. And that's what's frustrating."
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009101811/2009/REG6/bills@jets/preview/full-story

keep licking, Beth.

mybills
10-16-2009, 08:38 AM
:yawn:

:z:

SABURZFAN
10-16-2009, 08:43 AM
:monkeyp:
:yawn:

:z:

shelby
10-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Two words: Captain Checkdown.

Commissioner
10-16-2009, 10:20 AM
The biggest mistake of the season was going no huddle with the most inexperienced offensive line in the league, with 6 or 7 new starters on offense, and a rookie OC.

But then we can just blame the QB for everything and run another one out of town before we actually develop any.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2009, 10:24 AM
The biggest mistake of the season was going no huddle with the most inexperienced offensive line in the league, with 6 or 7 new starters on offense, and a rookie OC.

But then we can just blame the QB for everything and run another one out of town before we actually develop any.

that's what the Lickers want to do just so they can save face about feeling good about their hero.

Commissioner
10-16-2009, 10:36 AM
that's what the Lickers want to do just so they can save face about feeling good about their hero.
Lickers?

Trents not my hero... infact i think he's absolutely sucked. I just understand this organization is never going to develop a QB under these circumstances. IE: crappy offensive line, poor coaching.

I just can't believe right now that Chad Henne, Mark Sanchez, etc are all so much better than Trent Edwards. I think they are in better situations. If we just decide to scrap another QB and gamble on another draft with this front office, we are looking at another 3 years of trying to develop a QB before we decide to run him out of town too. I just understand or at least have the patience to actually give a QB 3 years to get his crap together.

I've seen Trent look too good in games to think he's just not an NFL QB. Look at how he played on Monday Night against the Patriots.... he was near perfect. I don't believe that was just an anomaly.

He's got the brains and the ability to be successful, he just needs help. I'm not on board with dumping him yet, cause that gets us nowhere.

Commissioner
10-16-2009, 10:44 AM
If you can't see that running the no huddle with an inexperienced offensive line was a huge mistake then you really don't understand why the 90's Bills had so much success. What we have? 9 offside penalties last game?

SABURZFAN
10-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Lickers?

Trents not my hero... infact i think he's absolutely sucked. I just understand this organization is never going to develop a QB under these circumstances. IE: crappy offensive line, poor coaching.

I just can't believe right now that Chad Henne, Mark Sanchez, etc are all so much better than Trent Edwards. I think they are in better situations. If we just decide to scrap another QB and gamble on another draft with this front office, we are looking at another 3 years of trying to develop a QB before we decide to run him out of town too.

I've seen Trent look too good in games to think he's just not an NFL QB. Look at how he played on Monday Night against the Patriots.... he was near perfect. I don't believe that was just an anomaly.

He's got the brains and the ability to be successful, he just needs help. I'm not on board with dumping him yet, cause that gets us nowhere.

there is ALWAYS going to be that split with the fans as long as Edwards is here. the Lickers want him gone because he took Lossman's place. some fans say Edwards doesn't have a shot of showing his QB skills without a legit OL. then you have other fans who thinks that Edwards just plain blows.

Commissioner
10-16-2009, 11:39 AM
there is ALWAYS going to be that split with the fans as long as Edwards is here. the Lickers want him gone because he took Lossman's place. some fans say Edwards doesn't have a shot of showing his QB skills without a legit OL. then you have other fans who thinks that Edwards just plain blows.

My biggest fear is the Bills releasing a QB and then him excelling on another team with better coaching.

I want to be absolutely sure the player doesn't have it before he's sent packing. Trent would probably look like a stud in Miami right now.

I say keep Edwards around until we actually have a better option on the roster. JP was released because Trent was outperforming him.... let's get rid of Edwards when we have someone better.

Demon
10-16-2009, 11:43 AM
I think he's talking more about the penalties and fumbles on returns......

But he left out, that ti's alo the BIG things. Like the schemes, execution and talent levels.

Yeah, i think you hit it on the nail. Trent is way out of his element here as a starting NFL QB. He has no clue what's going on. I truly believe that. The little mistakes have cost us, but the way our offense is run is the major reason why we're in this mess right now.

Commissioner
10-16-2009, 11:46 AM
Yeah, i think you hit it on the nail. Trent is way out of his element here as a starting NFL QB. He has no clue what's going on. I truly believe that. The little mistakes have cost us, but the way our offense is run is the major reason why we're in this mess right now.

How is he way out of his element? He's just been very inconsistent. Looked brilliant on Monday night... played good against the Bucs... then he's sucked for 3 games. But the entire team sucked those 3 games. Until we have a better option at QB, all we got is Trent. I'm not for getting rid of a player because he needs to be punished.

Mahdi
10-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Lickers?

I just can't believe right now that Chad Henne, Mark Sanchez, etc are all so much better than Trent Edwards. I think they are in better situations. If we just decide to scrap another QB and gamble on another draft with this front office, we are looking at another 3 years of trying to develop a QB before we decide to run him out of town too. I just understand or at least have the patience to actually give a QB 3 years to get his crap together.

At the end of the day, poor coaching or not... Trent has had time to throw the football for the most part. Does he get pressured more than other QBs? yes. But WTH is he doing with the ball when he does have time?

He drops back examines the field and right at that moment where he is deciding where to throw the football, does it really matter who your coach is? Your job is to throw the ball and make first downs and TDs, how complicated can it be?

The guy refuses to throw the football to his WRs... please dont try and tell me the coaches tell him not to. HE is the QB... and he is not making plays for this team.

BillsWin
10-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Trent is awful. You cant win games throwing five yards every time, and missing alot of them.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2009, 12:09 PM
My biggest fear is the Bills releasing a QB and then him excelling on another team with better coaching.

I want to be absolutely sure the player doesn't have it before he's sent packing. Trent would probably look like a stud in Miami right now.

I say keep Edwards around until we actually have a better option on the roster. JP was released because Trent was outperforming him.... let's get rid of Edwards when we have someone better.

it wouldn't be the first time it happened to a football team and it wouldn't be the last.

they have Henne.

Edwards did outperform Lossman but Lossman's contract expired. Edwards has until 2011 and Fitz has until 2012.

JD
10-16-2009, 12:14 PM
All this Dink and dunking hate towards Trent.. how often have you seen TO and Evans break open? Ive watched countless other games where the WR's are just straight out-runnign the opposition or dekeing them out of their shoes. Have we seen Evans or TO do that this season? No. If they can't break open immediately... Trent has to check down because he has no ****ing time in the pocket.

Put him on a Team with a good O-Line and watch him make the pro bowl. I'll follow what ever team he goes to.

Demon
10-16-2009, 12:15 PM
How is he way out of his element? He's just been very inconsistent. Looked brilliant on Monday night... played good against the Bucs... then he's sucked for 3 games. But the entire team sucked those 3 games. Until we have a better option at QB, all we got is Trent. I'm not for getting rid of a player because he needs to be punished.

He didn't look brilliant at all on Monday night. Fred Jackson looked brilliant. And the Bucs are maybe the worst team in football. Congrats, he beat up on a horrid team.

Demon
10-16-2009, 12:16 PM
All this Dink and dunking hate towards Trent.. how often have you seen TO and Evans break open? Ive watched countless other games where the WR's are just straight out-runnign the opposition or dekeing them out of their shoes. Have we seen Evans or TO do that this season? No. If they can't break open immediately... Trent has to check down because he has no ****ing time in the pocket.

Put him on a Team with a good O-Line and watch him make the pro bowl. I'll follow what ever team he goes to.

They were open countless times against the Saints and Browns.... and Edwards had time. He sucks. He plain out sucks.

Commissioner
10-16-2009, 12:33 PM
They were open countless times against the Saints and Browns.... and Edwards had time. He sucks. He plain out sucks.

No they weren't. There were a 3 or 4 opportunities for Trent to get the ball to T.O. but for most of the season we've had max protection with 2 WR's running routes. I pointed out to everyone in my section Sunday the weird defense the Browns were running on obvious passing situations.

2 DB's lined up in press coverage on Lee and Owens.. then another DB standing 6 yards behind them. Then 2 safeties back. They essentially triple teamed Lee and T.O. and asked Trent to check down.

Now i still think he's sucked... he needs to anticipate pass windows better, but I also think his mind is shot behind this offensive line and hes running through his reads way too quick.

Commissioner
10-16-2009, 12:35 PM
it wouldn't be the first time it happened to a football team and it wouldn't be the last.

they have Henne.

Edwards did outperform Lossman but Lossman's contract expired. Edwards has until 2011 and Fitz has until 2012.

I really hope your not for starting Fitzpatrick. He was released from the Rams and the Bengals... do you really think he's going to do any better in this offense?

Commissioner
10-16-2009, 12:37 PM
At the end of the day, poor coaching or not... Trent has had time to throw the football for the most part. Does he get pressured more than other QBs? yes. But WTH is he doing with the ball when he does have time?

He drops back examines the field and right at that moment where he is deciding where to throw the football, does it really matter who your coach is? Your job is to throw the ball and make first downs and TDs, how complicated can it be?

The guy refuses to throw the football to his WRs... please dont try and tell me the coaches tell him not to. HE is the QB... and he is not making plays for this team.

I can't blame Trent for not throwing a ball into double or triple coverage. I've been to all the home games and can count on 1 hand how many times i saw a WR open downfield.. and most of those came against the Browns.

trapezeus
10-16-2009, 12:40 PM
the bills line for the week and a half that it was in place looked good as a young bunch of guys. They had their penalty issues which absolutely screwed us in New England. but they were competent. And yes, Edwards looked like an NFL QB.

The second Butler went down and bell was questionable and chambers came in and the line has gone into full rotation mode, the answer seems to be that we don't have depth on the line. And we need to address that.

As the Commish said, solidify those lines and let edwards play. Edwards may not be the QB we need. but no other QB is succeeding behind Kirk Chambers at LT. Edwards is taking the beating. If we ruin him, we ruin him. but this team needs to focus on building up the lines.

If edwards keeps sucking but the line keeps progressing, that only means we'll get to take a top tier QB in 2011 but have a good depth at OL to help him out. It gets you a better chance to have a Flacco than a Leaf.

QB play in the last 3 weeks have absolutely sucked. He is "trentative" as people say. but a pure pocket passer would get killed back there and a Michael Vick type would make it more exciting, but would probably end up on the IR as well.

in some ways i think about this, Bledsoe played behind a bad line and loved to wait for things to develop and drove us mad by getting a number of sacks. Edwards is behind an even worse line and dumps off so that there is at least a play to boo.

Everything points back to poor line development.

Commissioner
10-16-2009, 12:47 PM
the bills line for the week and a half that it was in place looked good as a young bunch of guys. They had their penalty issues which absolutely screwed us in New England. but they were competent. And yes, Edwards looked like an NFL QB.

The second Butler went down and bell was questionable and chambers came in and the line has gone into full rotation mode, the answer seems to be that we don't have depth on the line. And we need to address that.

As the Commish said, solidify those lines and let edwards play. Edwards may not be the QB we need. but no other QB is succeeding behind Kirk Chambers at LT. Edwards is taking the beating. If we ruin him, we ruin him. but this team needs to focus on building up the lines.

If edwards keeps sucking but the line keeps progressing, that only means we'll get to take a top tier QB in 2011 but have a good depth at OL to help him out. It gets you a better chance to have a Flacco than a Leaf.

QB play in the last 3 weeks have absolutely sucked. He is "trentative" as people say. but a pure pocket passer would get killed back there and a Michael Vick type would make it more exciting, but would probably end up on the IR as well.

in some ways i think about this, Bledsoe played behind a bad line and loved to wait for things to develop and drove us mad by getting a number of sacks. Edwards is behind an even worse line and dumps off so that there is at least a play to boo.

Voice of reason... thank you.

Mahdi
10-16-2009, 01:20 PM

LOL.

Mahdi
10-16-2009, 01:24 PM

You know what's funny about the NE game. Ppl use it as an example of how great Edwards played, but really, the play calling just caught NE off guard.

Think about it, Trent completed several screens, a TE misdirection which resulted in Nelson's TD, and some dump offs to the RBs that they made into big plays.

Evans and Owens barely saw the football in that game.

I use the NE as another example of Trent's ineptitude yet most ppl here use it as a great example of QB play.

Its obvious how long it has been since there has been a real QB in Buffalo, even fans forget what a good QB performance looks like.

Commissioner
10-16-2009, 01:31 PM
You know what's funny about the NE game. Ppl use it as an example of how great Edwards played, but really, the play calling just caught NE off guard.

Think about it, Trent completed several screens, a TE misdirection which resulted in Nelson's TD, and some dump offs to the RBs that they made into big plays.

Evans and Owens barely saw the football in that game.

I use the NE as another example of Trent's ineptitude yet most ppl here use it as a great example of QB play.

Its obvious how long it has been since there has been a real QB in Buffalo, even fans forget what a good QB performance looks like.

Yeah, him executing the no huddle on MNF football at Gillette stadium against Belichick's defense was nothing special. How about the his 2 rushes for 25 yards one of which came on 3rd down followed then by a touchdown pass.

You're just going to discredit anything positive he's done and blame him for everything negative.

mybills
10-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Lickers?

Trents not my hero... infact i think he's absolutely sucked.

:lolpoint: SABURZFAN

Mahdi
10-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Yeah, him executing the no huddle on MNF football at Gillette stadium against Belichick's defense was nothing special. How about the his 2 rushes for 25 yards one of which came on 3rd down followed then by a touchdown pass.

You're just going to discredit anything positive he's done and blame him for everything negative.
He ran very basic plays with very basic throws that caught NE off guard. A QB in his THIRD year should be able to do way more than that with the weapons he has at his disposal.

The reason he can't move the ball anymore is because defenses are wise to his tendencies and are forcing him to make the big plays and the big throws to beat them and he cant do it.

Commissioner
10-16-2009, 01:54 PM
He ran very basic plays with very basic throws that caught NE off guard. A QB in his THIRD year should be able to do way more than that with the weapons he has at his disposal.

The reason he can't move the ball anymore is because defenses are wise to his tendencies and are forcing him to make the big plays and the big throws to beat them and he cant do it.

he "can't do it"... sure... that's gotta be it. We've seen him do it before... he just suddenly can't anymore.

Mahdi
10-16-2009, 02:13 PM
he "can't do it"... sure... that's gotta be it. We've seen him do it before... he just suddenly can't anymore.
We have?

Sorry but Trent has been the same since the day he got to Buffalo. He has NEVER been able to make plays down the seem of the field. I have been saying this since day one.

His ability to throw into coverage is non-existent and always has been. Any QB in the league can throw a deep bomb so that is not an example of throwing downfield.

Throwing downfield is throwing the deep out, deep slant, deep comeback route, post, skinny post etc. The throws that require actual talent to complete. Trent has NEVER had these throws in his repertoire.

The only reason Trent was successful early on was because teams didn't have the drop on him yet. Now they do and they take away the only thing he can do.

Like I said many times before, Trent does not have the throwing style to allow him to make the big plays over the middle. He would have to make changes in order to become a real NFL QB.

trapezeus
10-16-2009, 02:18 PM
i see what you are saying Mahdi...but if the team is executing an unexciting and boring offense and it's working, then what's the issue. He made his completions.

Look at some of the mid 90's games. JimKelly throws to Thurman in the flats a ton and goes long a hand ful of times. he had a luxury in andre reed to run across the middle and then pick up more yards after the catch. That worked.

You are right, evans and owens weren't thrown to. and that was an issue that was on his shoulders. but the following week he went to both early and caught a team off guard that watched the prior weeks film and assumed more of the same was coming.

But if he was successful doing the basics, then that's where you want him to be in the development. but we don't even let him do the basics. and now he's playing like a broken qb.

He may very well not be the QB of the future. all signs are pointing to it. but when he had a seasoned line that pass blocked well, he methodically moved the ball. this rookie line has created a different Edwards. If he can't turn it around with a better line, we'll be needing a QB. and instead of taking QB's that are losers in college. We should get a guy who wins in college. That'll make a difference.

sdbillsfan2
10-16-2009, 02:21 PM
I wish for this teams sake that Trent's little things grow up to be big things! Time to grow a real set.
Trent this in the NFl , big boy style not Stanford !

He's an idiot!

Mahdi
10-16-2009, 02:24 PM
i see what you are saying Mahdi...but if the team is executing an unexciting and boring offense and it's working, then what's the issue. He made his completions.

Look at some of the mid 90's games. JimKelly throws to Thurman in the flats a ton and goes long a hand ful of times. he had a luxury in andre reed to run across the middle and then pick up more yards after the catch. That worked.

You are right, evans and owens weren't thrown to. and that was an issue that was on his shoulders. but the following week he went to both early and caught a team off guard that watched the prior weeks film and assumed more of the same was coming.

But if he was successful doing the basics, then that's where you want him to be in the development. but we don't even let him do the basics. and now he's playing like a broken qb.

He may very well not be the QB of the future. all signs are pointing to it. but when he had a seasoned line that pass blocked well, he methodically moved the ball. this rookie line has created a different Edwards. If he can't turn it around with a better line, we'll be needing a QB. and instead of taking QB's that are losers in college. We should get a guy who wins in college. That'll make a difference.
You can use the line as a fair excuse sure... but other QBs have gotten the job done despite their OL.

Aaron Rdogers, Matt Cassel was sacked more than any QB last year.

And yes Kelly did use his backs a lot but he could make any throw and defenses knew it which is why Thomas was able to get yards after the catch, because every part of the field was fair game. With Edwards defenses now know that they only have to worry about a certain part of the field, which makes it so much easier to shut us down. Even after Lynch and Jackson make the catch they have no where to go.

Edwards is limiting this offense. Most QBs in this league would be putting up mass amounts of points with the weapons we have here.

Commissioner
10-16-2009, 02:28 PM
We have?

Sorry but Trent has been the same since the day he got to Buffalo. He has NEVER been able to make plays down the seem of the field. I have been saying this since day one.

His ability to throw into coverage is non-existent and always has been. Any QB in the league can throw a deep bomb so that is not an example of throwing downfield.

Throwing downfield is throwing the deep out, deep slant, deep comeback route, post, skinny post etc. The throws that require actual talent to complete. Trent has NEVER had these throws in his repertoire.

The only reason Trent was successful early on was because teams didn't have the drop on him yet. Now they do and they take away the only thing he can do.

Like I said many times before, Trent does not have the throwing style to allow him to make the big plays over the middle. He would have to make changes in order to become a real NFL QB.

Right off the top of my head...rookie year... 30 yard pass to Josh Reed to setup game winning field goal against Washington. Right down middle of the field. That was probably just a good play by Reed in your book though.

Another one... The game vs. Miami at home where Royal caught 2 TD's. One was for 28 yards... right down the middle of the field. Trent had 4TD's that game.

But i guess he just "can't" make those passes.

Mahdi
10-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Right off the top of my head...rookie year... 30 yard pass to Josh Reed to setup game winning field goal against Washington. Right down middle of the field. That was probably just a good play by Reed in your book though.

Another one... The game vs. Miami at home where Royal caught 2 TD's. One was for 28 yards... right down the middle of the field. Trent had 4TD's that game.

But i guess he just "can't" make those passes.
I love how everyone brings up that ONE throw to Reed 2 years ago as THE example. And actually Trent just lobbed that ball into Reed and he luckily came down with it in traffic. Re-Watch that throw, it really isn't that impressive.

Those throws against Miami I admit were good, but really, that Miami team was HORRENDOUS and the middle of the field was WIDE open.

My point is that defenses know that he cant make the tough throws (in coverage) so they bottle up the short areas and dare him to make the throws he has rarely made.

BertSquirtgum
10-16-2009, 02:35 PM
i really wish these ***holes would scrap the no huddle.

Mahdi
10-16-2009, 02:37 PM
i really wish these ***holes would scrap the no huddle.
apparently they did. They will probably huddle this week against the Jets.

ddaryl
10-16-2009, 02:38 PM
the way I see it Trent is just horribly inconsistent at hitting the moving target. Sure he does on occasion, but he does it with no consistency.

If you can't lead your man on a 10 yard crossing pattern or a 3 step drop quick slant then your not going to have any explosive YAC and we don't...

I saw many good things in Trent the 1st couple of years, like not making mistakes and keeping the chains moving more often the JP ever did... but now he needs to add that next dimension to his game and he continues to prove he doesn't feel comfortable with that next dimension...

I agree that our lines are a primary focus, but the best we will ever get out of trent IMO, after 3 years, is a mediocre QB that will never blow anyones socks off... and rarely throw for 250 yds a game let alone 300. A QB who just won't be able ot take control and dictate the outcome of a game when the team is looking to him for a spark.

Commissioner
10-16-2009, 03:51 PM
I love how everyone brings up that ONE throw to Reed 2 years ago as THE example. And actually Trent just lobbed that ball into Reed and he luckily came down with it in traffic. Re-Watch that throw, it really isn't that impressive.

Those throws against Miami I admit were good, but really, that Miami team was HORRENDOUS and the middle of the field was WIDE open.

My point is that defenses know that he cant make the tough throws (in coverage) so they bottle up the short areas and dare him to make the throws he has rarely made.
Yeah... the defense dares him to make the throws by double and triple covering Lee and T.O. They really want to see him make those throws.

U said he "can't" make those throws and I showed you he can.... and u just proved my point about discrediting every positive thing Trent has done. U should go back and watch the highlight of the Redskins throw. Trent threw the ball to a spot and Reed ran to it and caught it in stride.... it was a perfect pass.

Here's the link for you. and notice when he has time to scan the field he found the right guy.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d804be452/NFL-GameDay-Bills-vs-Redskins-Highlights

PWND

trapezeus
10-16-2009, 03:53 PM
great point ddaryl. We need some people to get hit in stride on the short passes. what we are getting right now are RBs with their backs to the play, catching the ball, turning and getting killed.

in the browns game, they ran TO in motion and had him catch an 8 yard pass. he caught it in stride and picked up a first down. They need more of this. they need to get receivers open in space and let them work.

that's for right now.

As for Mahdi and commish's back and forth. TE is capable of more passes than he gets credit for. he has made the 15-30 yard pass and his high arching passes do connect (in the warmer part of the schedule). The problem for TE is he just isn't doing it at all right now. He simply throws down at a comical rate.he's got the arm...he needs to believe in it.

I get the sense that if it doesn't come to him in the next two weeks, you'll have officially seen another QB get destroyed in buffalo.

Commissioner
10-16-2009, 03:57 PM
the way I see it Trent is just horribly inconsistent at hitting the moving target. Sure he does on occasion, but he does it with no consistency.

If you can't lead your man on a 10 yard crossing pattern or a 3 step drop quick slant then your not going to have any explosive YAC and we don't...

I saw many good things in Trent the 1st couple of years, like not making mistakes and keeping the chains moving more often the JP ever did... but now he needs to add that next dimension to his game and he continues to prove he doesn't feel comfortable with that next dimension...

I agree that our lines are a primary focus, but the best we will ever get out of trent IMO, after 3 years, is a mediocre QB that will never blow anyones socks off... and rarely throw for 250 yds a game let alone 300. A QB who just won't be able ot take control and dictate the outcome of a game when the team is looking to him for a spark.

can't dump him until we got something better....

Mahdi
10-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Yeah... the defense dares him to make the throws by double and triple covering Lee and T.O. They really want to see him make those throws.

U said he "can't" make those throws and I showed you he can.... and u just proved my point about discrediting every positive thing Trent has done. U should go back and watch the highlight of the Redskins throw. Trent threw the ball to a spot and Reed ran to it and caught it in stride.... it was a perfect pass.

Here's the link for you. and notice when he has time to scan the field he found the right guy.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d804be452/NFL-GameDay-Bills-vs-Redskins-Highlights

PWND
Good QBs make those throws consistently... or at least more than 2 or 3 times in 2 seasons....

And if you are telling me that the line play over the last 2 seasons has been so bad that all he could make was those 2 or 3 throws, then you have no clue what you are saying.

elltrain22
10-16-2009, 10:14 PM
**** you Trent. If he could check down on interview questions he would.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2009, 10:55 PM
I really hope your not for starting Fitzpatrick. He was released from the Rams and the Bengals... do you really think he's going to do any better in this offense?

i don't know but i thought Hamdan was better than Fitz in the preseason. i'm a little tired of the history we have with the changing of QB's as well. people can argue that it's been the coaches fault but it really comes down to one person..... The Old Fart.

Aliceinchainsbills15
10-17-2009, 12:58 AM
Thanks captain checkdown and obivious. Ugh i hate it when players respond in such a stupid manner to questions.

Historian
10-17-2009, 05:53 AM

...or not scoring touchdowns, lol.

BertSquirtgum
10-17-2009, 05:45 PM
someone tell this pussy to shut the **** up and play like a man....... not a little girl wearing a too-too at a dance class.

BuffaloRanger
10-18-2009, 01:44 AM

Watch AFC Playbook on NFL network sometime. They completely exposed and ripped Edwards apart. Theisman showed at least 10 plays where if Trent had any pocket awareness at all he could have stepped to his left or right, avoided the rush and easily hit one of his WRs, who in these examples were clearly open.

I just hope hope Van Pelt also sees this and is able to pound it into Edwards head.

Billz_fan
10-18-2009, 01:56 AM
Right now, Trent is broken. If he doesn't fix it soon he is gonna be playing in the UFL or Canada. His career is on the line. Problem #2 is I don't think he even realizes. Who else in the NFL would take him right now ? No team would give anything for him. He might hook on somewhere for a stint if he is free.