• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Trent's quote..

"Honestly, it's little things," quarterback Trent Edwards said. "The good teams don't make those little mistakes, and we're making the little mistakes which seems like way too often. And that's what's frustrating."
    The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Little things - like your dink & dunking?
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!
  • Canadian'eh!
    • Mar 2004

Re: Trent's quote..

I think he's talking more about the penalties and fumbles on returns......

But he left out, that ti's alo the BIG things. Like the schemes, execution and talent levels.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

No, there's a big mistake, too. Entrusting our QB position to a guy too timid to play the position.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
        No, there's a big mistake, too. Entrusting our QB position to a guy too timid to play the position.
        Yeah, that's pretty huge.

Comment

• unpaid_bills
          • Nov 2004

lillte things like
          lack of execution on offsense
          inability to stop the run
          repeat penalties (in partcular false starts)
          turnovers at crucial times
          injuries to starters
          inexperienced offensice line
          inept coaching

he is absolutely right Winning teams avoid these. Winning teams also dont have a loser even keil mentality and THEY DO GET UPSET WHEN THEY LOSE
          Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills .... Bills Mafia for life

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
            "Honestly, it's little things," quarterback Trent Edwards said. "The good teams don't make those little mistakes, and we're making the little mistakes which seems like way too often. And that's what's frustrating."
            The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Little things - like your dink & dunking?

keep licking, Beth.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills

Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• shelby
                  The Vanilla admin
                  • Jul 2002

Two words: Captain Checkdown.

Comment

• Commissioner
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    The biggest mistake of the season was going no huddle with the most inexperienced offensive line in the league, with 6 or 7 new starters on offense, and a rookie OC.

But then we can just blame the QB for everything and run another one out of town before we actually develop any.
                    Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Commissioner
                      The biggest mistake of the season was going no huddle with the most inexperienced offensive line in the league, with 6 or 7 new starters on offense, and a rookie OC.

But then we can just blame the QB for everything and run another one out of town before we actually develop any.

that's what the Lickers want to do just so they can save face about feeling good about their hero.

Comment

• Commissioner
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                        that's what the Lickers want to do just so they can save face about feeling good about their hero.
                        Lickers?

Trents not my hero... infact i think he's absolutely sucked. I just understand this organization is never going to develop a QB under these circumstances. IE: crappy offensive line, poor coaching.

I just can't believe right now that Chad Henne, Mark Sanchez, etc are all so much better than Trent Edwards. I think they are in better situations. If we just decide to scrap another QB and gamble on another draft with this front office, we are looking at another 3 years of trying to develop a QB before we decide to run him out of town too. I just understand or at least have the patience to actually give a QB 3 years to get his crap together.

I've seen Trent look too good in games to think he's just not an NFL QB. Look at how he played on Monday Night against the Patriots.... he was near perfect. I don't believe that was just an anomaly.

He's got the brains and the ability to be successful, he just needs help. I'm not on board with dumping him yet, cause that gets us nowhere.
                        Last edited by Commissioner; 10-16-2009, 10:46 AM.
                        Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Commissioner
                          • Dec 2004

If you can't see that running the no huddle with an inexperienced offensive line was a huge mistake then you really don't understand why the 90's Bills had so much success. What we have? 9 offside penalties last game?
                          Last edited by Commissioner; 10-16-2009, 10:45 AM.
                          Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Commissioner
                            Lickers?

Trents not my hero... infact i think he's absolutely sucked. I just understand this organization is never going to develop a QB under these circumstances. IE: crappy offensive line, poor coaching.

I just can't believe right now that Chad Henne, Mark Sanchez, etc are all so much better than Trent Edwards. I think they are in better situations. If we just decide to scrap another QB and gamble on another draft with this front office, we are looking at another 3 years of trying to develop a QB before we decide to run him out of town too.

I've seen Trent look too good in games to think he's just not an NFL QB. Look at how he played on Monday Night against the Patriots.... he was near perfect. I don't believe that was just an anomaly.

He's got the brains and the ability to be successful, he just needs help. I'm not on board with dumping him yet, cause that gets us nowhere.

there is ALWAYS going to be that split with the fans as long as Edwards is here. the Lickers want him gone because he took Lossman's place. some fans say Edwards doesn't have a shot of showing his QB skills without a legit OL. then you have other fans who thinks that Edwards just plain blows.

Comment

• Commissioner
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                              there is ALWAYS going to be that split with the fans as long as Edwards is here. the Lickers want him gone because he took Lossman's place. some fans say Edwards doesn't have a shot of showing his QB skills without a legit OL. then you have other fans who thinks that Edwards just plain blows.
                              My biggest fear is the Bills releasing a QB and then him excelling on another team with better coaching.

I want to be absolutely sure the player doesn't have it before he's sent packing. Trent would probably look like a stud in Miami right now.

I say keep Edwards around until we actually have a better option on the roster. JP was released because Trent was outperforming him.... let's get rid of Edwards when we have someone better.
                              Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

Working...
                              X