X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Great (Positive) News!... IMO

Not that I enjoy the news of Bills being injured... BUT according to Chris Brown, Ellison and Reed were not able to practice on Friday.

There is a good chance Harris and Palmer will start at the OLB spots with Poz in the middle.

I think this will be the most active group of LBs we have had starting for us since Fletcher and Crowell were here.

The second bit of injury news could allow Steve Johnson to get plenty of playing time in the slot. They dont like playing Parrish there too much so Stevie should get a big opportunity this week.

These moves should bring a lot of energy and hunger to our team.

I'll be watching these guys closely on Sunday.

Buffalo Bills: The official source of the latest Bills headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters, stats, schedule, and game day information

GO BILLS!
    Last edited by Mahdi; 10-16-2009, 11:12 AM.
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Re: Great (Positive) News!... IMO

I'm pretty sure that S. Johnson instead of Reed is a big downgrade.

What does it matter, though? We can't get the ball to two of the best receivers in the NFL, why would a 7th-round draft pick have a big game?
    Last edited by Thurmal; 10-16-2009, 11:28 AM.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

Steve would get playtime with a competent staff. This franchise is run by a bunch of morons.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Reed is one of our most consistant WRs. If he's hurt, it will definitely suck!

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

I'm glad Stevie is geting some playing time.. but I wanted him in there with Reed and with Parrish sitting

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Ellison is 3rd in the NFL in tackles.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
              I'm glad Stevie is geting some playing time.. but I wanted him in there with Reed and with Parrish sitting
              I'd rather hear that Parrish is out.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

Since the outcome is pretty much a lock, and the Bills have no chance at the post season, I don't think this is bad news either. Lets let our future get some experience now.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Commissioner
                  • Dec 2004

Ellison was the best LBer left.... yeah that's great news.
                  Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Demon
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    Reed is one of our most consistant WRs. If he's hurt, it will definitely suck!
                    Def. When he leaves Buffalo i think a lot of fans will regret losing him and many will just never understand why he's putting up better numbers else where. He is a very good WR and i never understood why so many people disliked him. And i don't know what all the hype over Steve Johnson is? Sure, i like the guy too and think he has potential, but to be happy he's playing over Josh Reed seems a bit of a joke. What's Johnson done to merit to think he'll ever be nearly as good as Josh Reed?
                    Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Commissioner
                      Ellison was the best LBer left.... yeah that's great news.
                      So because he has lots of tackles he's our new ALL-STAR?

He has been used MANY times this year as a blitzer.... how many sacks does he have?

He is a coverage LB... who did Ben Watson beat for 2 TDs to win the game?

How many INTs does he have? Is he not an athletic LBer?

It's amazing how getting lots of tackles now is enough to be considered special.

What happened to making a play that is not already expected of you?

I think Johnson's 2 TDs last year (in very limited playing time) match what Reed has had for the Bills in 3 years. He can certainly catch the 4 yard throws from Trent with consistency though.

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Demon
                        Def. When he leaves Buffalo i think a lot of fans will regret losing him and many will just never understand why he's putting up better numbers else where. He is a very good WR and i never understood why so many people disliked him. And i don't know what all the hype over Steve Johnson is? Sure, i like the guy too and think he has potential, but to be happy he's playing over Josh Reed seems a bit of a joke. What's Johnson done to merit to think he'll ever be nearly as good as Josh Reed?
                        What has Josh Reed done to merit the Josh Reed LOVE.

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

I'm also excited to see what Poz, Harris, and Palmer can do, because they represent the (foreseeable, unless/until the Bills draft someone better) future at LB'er. As for Johnson over Reed, we'll have to see how that plays out, but Reed is an UFA at the end of the year and auditioning his replacement isn't a bad idea. And it might not matter who plays 3rd WR, with Trent sucking so badly.

Comment

• Commissioner
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mahdi
                            So because he has lots of tackles he's our new ALL-STAR?

He has been used MANY times this year as a blitzer.... how many sacks does he have?

He is a coverage LB... who did Ben Watson beat for 2 TDs to win the game?

How many INTs does he have? Is he not an athletic LBer?

It's amazing how getting lots of tackles now is enough to be considered special.

What happened to making a play that is not already expected of you?

I think Johnson's 2 TDs last year (in very limited playing time) match what Reed has had for the Bills in 3 years. He can certainly catch the 4 yard throws from Trent with consistency though.
                            I guess you missed his 4th down stuffs this year.

Best left doesn't mean all star. I'm for fielding the best players on the team to win the game... not having preseason tryouts during regular season. You play to win the game.
                            Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Commissioner
                              I guess you missed his 4th down stuffs this year.

Best left doesn't mean all star. I'm for fielding the best players on the team to win the game... not having preseason tryouts during regular season. You play to win the game.
                              Those 4th down stuffs were gimme plays. The DL blew up the OL on those plays and he got through. Big deal.

I believe Ashlee Palmer had a stuff on 4th down against the Browns too.

Ellison doesn't make impact plays and is often beat in coverage which is supposed to be his strength.

Comment

Working...
                              X