PDA

View Full Version : My weekend thoughts

trapezeus
10-16-2009, 11:29 AM
If the sabres beat two winless teams this weekend, it's slowly becoming hockey season more so than football season. and there will literally be no reason to spend time on the bills until they show that 2010 is going to be radically different.

IE - front office changes announced immediately following the jets game.

Before your "go be a fan of another team" posters appear, let me say i watch all the games. but just like the coach and just like the players it has become an unemotional affair. I'm react to all the bad plays with indifference because i was expecting it, and i'm reacting to all the good plays as, "we'll they'll screw this up somehow."

It has become really annoying to have to pretend we have a shot at holmgren as a GM or a gruden as a coach. i want to hear some positive signs that this team hasn't decided to just sit on its hands and wait for the fiscal year to end. I want a major decision to be made. i knew as a fan that ending a season 2-8 against a cupcake schedule was a reason for change. 98% of this board saw that. Now at 1-4 and most likely 1-5, what more do they need to see? they've reviewed all the film...there are no more scrub players to sign to stop the bleeding aside from picking out half drunk tailgaters from the parking lots. There is no coach that will step in midseason other than the failures we already have. But opening up a real gig like a GM position for a number of guys who are already on successful NFL teams waiting for their chance is change.

This team should have been actively looking at this change since Marv stepped down. Arguably, they should have looked at that before signing marv.

I know the longer they take to can people, the bigger the chance that when new coaches find new homes in January and February, we are going to be left standing with our Jauron's in our hands wondering why we just picked up a retread. And that's because we did nothing with this front office.

/end rant.

cocamide
10-16-2009, 11:44 AM
At this point, I think it's completely OK to not watch the Bills on Sunday. There should be no questioning of someone's fanhood if they decide to spend their time doing something better than watching the trash the Bills spew out each Sunday.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Before your "go be a fan of another team" posters appear,

i hate those jerkoffs.

ct bills fan
10-16-2009, 01:01 PM
I've always been a huge Bills fan (30 years or so) and I just turned down 2 free Jets/Bills tickets for this weekend. I don't want to watch their garbage anymore, nor do I want to sit out in the rain doing so.