PDA

View Full Version : Jake Locker vs #13 Oregon

BuffaloBlitz83
10-16-2009, 02:38 PM
The game is on Oct. 24th. Lots of scouts will be present at this one. I'm looking forward to watching the kid play versus a very good team. He looked good versus LSU statistically. I didn't see the game.

psubills62
10-16-2009, 03:05 PM
I only watched a little of his game vs. LSU, but if I remember correctly they moved the ball quite well against the LSU defense. The two teams seemed very evenly matched during the time I watched them, though I seem to recall Washington's offense looking more impressive.

DraftBoy
10-16-2009, 04:43 PM
He also looked very good v. Notre Dame.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-16-2009, 11:40 PM
DB, with the injury issues to Pike. A second injury to same arm. Would you stay away from him? I never seen Locker play so ? I'm going to watch him play tomorrow and more importantly vs Oregon next week. Locker looks a lot stronger. 285 Pound Max Bench, 385 Max Squat. 210 Pound body, at 6 foot 3. Smart kid too with a 3.75 GPA.

X-Era
10-17-2009, 06:31 AM
The game is on Oct. 24th. Lots of scouts will be present at this one. I'm looking forward to watching the kid play versus a very good team. He looked good versus LSU statistically. I didn't see the game.

Yes, I want to see him continue to be rock solid and it wouldnt hurt for him to have another big game.

tampabay25690
10-17-2009, 06:55 AM
DB, with the injury issues to Pike. A second injury to same arm. Would you stay away from him? I never seen Locker play so ? I'm going to watch him play tomorrow and more importantly vs Oregon next week. Locker looks a lot stronger. 285 Pound Max Bench, 385 Max Squat. 210 Pound body, at 6 foot 3. Smart kid too with a 3.75 GPA.

Locker is a ton stronger.
You will like what you see...
Pike has alot of work to do if he thinks he will play in the NFL.
His arms are as skinny as my wifes that won't cut it in the NFL season.

X-Era
10-17-2009, 09:24 AM
Locker is a ton stronger.
You will like what you see...
Pike has alot of work to do if he thinks he will play in the NFL.
His arms are as skinny as my wifes that won't cut it in the NFL season.

So far, Im not as high on Pike as some. Like Clausen, he hasnt stood out as being great in any aspect so far. But my biggest concern is his build. That tall lanky frame. I worry about his durability if he gets slammed by a guy like Wilfork.

Its too early, we need to see alot more.

DraftBoy
10-17-2009, 10:41 AM

No the injury at this moment doesnt not scare me as its only been a sprain. Sprains happen you can't condition against them.

Locker has by far the most potential talent of any QB prospect, but can he put it all together and flip the lightswitch on?? That I dont know, I need to see more development from him.

For as "skinny" as Pike is he has a great arm and plenty of frame to fill out if he wants to.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Bump! Big test Saturday

BuffaloBlitz83
10-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Jake is looking good early on first drive. Couple first downs. Beating this Oregon team will be tough.

X-Era
10-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Not a good day so far for Locker. 2 bad INT's. Hes very hot and cold in this game. He can drill a beautiful long pass and throw into double coverage for a pick on the very next play

yordad
10-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Conclusions?

X-Era
10-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Conclusions?
Im growing cold on him.

He has all the talent and can make all the throws but seems to make bad plays at bad times, and doesnt lead his team consistently.

Washington isn't a very good team so Locker gets a bit of a break for that, but his team isn't throwing dumb INT's, he is. And he isn't acting like the leader you might want lately. He still has time to straighten it out. But, hes got to show he can make the most of his talent by improving his decision making and leadership.

Id say he should stay in school, but his team isn't very good so how much can he really show next year either? Its a tough one for him.

Im not overly concerned with losses team wise if Locker showed he can be mostly mistake free. But he threw into double coverage several times today and looked lost at times.

Raptor
10-24-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm really not seeing what all the hype is about with Locker

Yes he's an athlete, yes he has a cannon arm but this is the third time I've seen him play this year and I havent been impressed. He has shaky accuracy and just looks more like a late first to 2nd round pick at QB than a top 5 franchise QB

BuffaloBlitz83
10-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Seems too definitely make far more risky and turnover prown compared to Pike. I was disappointed today.

X-Era
10-24-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm really not seeing what all the hype is about with Locker

Yes he's an athlete, yes he has a cannon arm but this is the third time I've seen him play this year and I havent been impressed. He has shaky accuracy and just looks more like a late first to 2nd round pick at QB than a top 5 franchise QB

Starting to agree.

If Locker has another bad game and Clausen continues to play solid or get better, we are one game away from Clausen jumping him in my rankings, its just an opinion

tampabay25690
10-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Can't go off of 1 game...
Remember he plays on a ****ty team..

Raptor
10-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Can't go off of 1 game...
Remember he plays on a ****ty team..

I'm not. The only game I saw him look good in was N.D.(and Clausen out played him in that game as well as against USC) and I've seen 4 avg to below avg performances this season

Right now Locker reminds me of a bigger version of JP Losman

X-Era
10-26-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm not. The only game I saw him look good in was N.D.(and Clausen out played him in that game as well as against USC) and I've seen 4 avg to below avg performances this season

Right now Locker reminds me of a bigger version of JP Losman

I have to agree that its been more than one game.

tampabay25690
10-28-2009, 06:48 AM
Well Matt Stafford was the 3rd best QB in the SEC and he was drafted #1....
The guy has upside and to be honest I don't see many other QB'S that have that much upside this year....
Yes I will agree he has struggled a bit...

DraftBoy
10-28-2009, 07:41 AM
Well Matt Stafford was the 3rd best QB in the SEC and he was drafted #1....
The guy has upside and to be honest I don't see many other QB'S that have that much upside this year....
Yes I will agree he has struggled a bit...

3rd best?

There was not a better pro QB prospect better than Stafford last year.

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2009, 12:16 PM
I topped many of those figures in high school, no lie.

I expect better from an 'elite' athlete.