PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carucci on 103.3 FM local Radio......Worst Game Ever??

bigbub2352
10-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Vic has had some strong comments about the Cleveland vs Bills game that occured last week here...

Called it the worst game he ever seen in the NFL since he began covering the NFL let alone the Bills

Said it was not deserving of the NFL Sheild..

Also said the Bills Oline is a bunch of guys big enough to play in the NFL and are not even close to jelling yet

Said No Chance of a move with DJ aka Skeletor, and said most moves are done internally and that Bobby April will be best choise once Skeletor is fired

Also said that never has he seen the bills fanbase so united, doesnt have any idea how the Organization will handle it

Also talked about Trent and how he is in a free fall and leaves it a long term problem for the Bills and doesnt think a coaching change will help him

A Very Fair assessment to say that what the Bills have in place right now is a very strong Marketing and Business sense here on how to sell tickets and how to treat fanbase to value for there dollar that this doesnt need to change Other teams use us on how to do it (regionalize) and (market)

He says Russ is super respected around the league and fits the Bill as CEO of a team but is not close to being a real GM and shouldnt be considered a GM

Vic thinks Guy and Modrak are scouts and should not be at the level they are in now, and they need a real football mind here to be the GM.

He thinks RW is gunshy to give someone the trust to run his team because of Tom D and how bad it failed with him

He says the fans screaming for Cowher, Gruden etc.and for them to come here they need to clean it up in the front office,
He said money is a factor but the disfunction in the front office and the state of the Bills is a detterrant
those type coachs need to be given the reighns and have control and come into a situation that they feel comfortable in
It is more than throwing $$$ at the big name coachs they want to come back into a situation they are comfortable with
Vic also expects no trades

Well enjoy some interesting veiws!!!

clumping platelets
10-16-2009, 03:27 PM
great recap!

T-Long
10-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Said No Chance of a move with DJ aka Skeletor, and said most moves are done internally and that Bobby April will be best choise once Skeletor is fired

What did he mean by "No chance of a move with DJ". Does he mean he's not getting fired during the season or at all?

bigbub2352
10-16-2009, 03:42 PM
What did he mean by "No chance of a move with DJ". Does he mean he's not getting fired during the season or at all?
Sounded like he thinks its not gonna happen till bye week and if it doesnt happen by then its not happening till the end of the year is how i took it

homeslice5484
10-16-2009, 06:55 PM
but he wants april as the next HC?

jpdex12
10-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Good grief! What a mess.

If we don't boot Jauron sand the entire friggin FO now we will lose out on a head start for a real coach/GM. Why wouldn't Ralph give his trust to someone like Cowher,Shanahan or Holmgren who have proven track records? Because it would make too much sense!

That is what we need gentlemen for this club to be turned around but my fear is that Ralph is just buying his time minimizing expenses instead of building a real team that wopuld bring in more money once sold.

Billz_fan
10-16-2009, 09:16 PM
He says the fans screaming for Cowher, Gruden etc.and for them to come here they need to clean it up in the front office,
He said money is a factor but the disfunction in the front office and the state of the Bills is a detterrant
those type coachs need to be given the reighns and have control and come into a situation that they feel comfortable in
It is more than throwing $$$ at the big name coachs they want to come back into a situation they are comfortable with

This is the biggest issue right here. Any of these big name coaches will probably not take the job unless they are comfy with the front office and how it is run. they come here and see whats going on and end up somewhere else where they see a stable football organization in place instead of dysfunction.

To put it in a nutshell you have to

A. Gut the front office and get proper football personell in there that is set up to win football games and not just sell tickets.

B. Once the new FO is in place you can begin to woo a new coach with a history of winning. Without this taking place no big name winners are gonna come here because it's not set up properly.

Without the above you then end up with coaches just like the ones we have had because they are just looking for an opportunity to coach and will try and succeed in spite of the fact that the FO is not set up for success on the field.

This organization is soo screwed up. I don't think it can be fixed by a 90+ year old man. Sad but true.

casdhf
10-16-2009, 09:21 PM
He thinks RW is gunshy to give someone the trust to run his team because of Tom D and how bad it failed with himI dunno why, but I've never thought of this before. Get over it, Ralph!

Nighthawk
10-16-2009, 09:57 PM

I didn't hear it, but from what I get from bub's post, I'm guessing that he believes that IF Dickey was fired during the season, then April would be the most logical choice. I don't think April is HC material and I don't think there is a coach on this staff who has what it takes to be a solid HC in this league.

Aliceinchainsbills15
10-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Vic has had some strong comments about the Cleveland vs Bills game that occured last week here...

Called it the worst game he ever seen in the NFL since he began covering the NFL let alone the Bills

Said it was not deserving of the NFL Sheild..

Also said the Bills Oline is a bunch of guys big enough to play in the NFL and are not even close to jelling yet

Also said that never has he seen the bills fanbase so united, doesnt have any idea how the Organization will handle it

Also talked about Trent and how he is in a free fall and leaves it a long term problem for the Bills and doesnt think a coaching change will help him

A Very Fair assessment to say that what the Bills have in place right now is a very strong Marketing and Business sense here on how to sell tickets and how to treat fanbase to value for there dollar that this doesnt need to change Other teams use us on how to do it (regionalize) and (market)

He says Russ is super respected around the league and fits the Bill as CEO of a team but is not close to being a real GM and shouldnt be considered a GM

Vic thinks Guy and Modrak are scouts and should not be at the level they are in now, and they need a real football mind here to be the GM.

He thinks RW is gunshy to give someone the trust to run his team because of Tom D and how bad it failed with him

Vic also expects no trades

Well enjoy some interesting veiws!!!
This game is the worst game i've seen as a Bills fan so far next to the game when the Bills lost 10-12 to the Texans. Overall i agree with Vic here

Block "O"
10-16-2009, 11:06 PM
My favorite line that stuck in my head was when he said "it set back the game of football back." LMAO

bigbub2352
10-17-2009, 12:23 AM
if jaroun is fired midseason yes