PDA

View Full Version : Marv Levy on 103.3 local FM radio....

bigbub2352
10-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Real Quick Marv Levy is on the Shred and Ragan show promoting his book
said peters never wanted to be here and was a sour puss in the locker room, he was the one who didnt want to be in a Bills UNiform

Also said firing DJ is not the answer called him a good teacher(what a joke)

Said that injuries are the issue for DJ demise, also had nothing to say about the demeanor of DJ on the feild

said a alot of good HC who had calm deamnor on the feild were successful then named Landry and Lombardi and Cowher?????
and Dungy wow

Also said you hit and miss in free agency and Dockery and Walker were misses

Levy is basically being politically correct and said to stay the course and said Modrak is a great Pro Personnel guy
Said to stay the course is the best way

Shred and Ragan said maybe a change of the course is in order and Marv countered with a WWII example and really didnt answer the counter
Marv sounds like he FAILED (my opinion)

clumping platelets
10-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Jauron taught the OL how to "false start"? :shakeno:

BillsWin
10-16-2009, 03:55 PM
WOW. Come on Marv, are you that old?

DynaPaul
10-16-2009, 04:08 PM
I don't think Lombardi and Cowher qualify as coaches with calm demeanors.

Typ0
10-16-2009, 04:15 PM
the only thing to me that would defend DJ AT ALL is the information that it was Wilsons directive to use this no huddle crap gimmick with such a young team--only an idiot would try such a thing.

Prov401
10-16-2009, 05:11 PM
I said it once, and I'll say it again. Marv Levy has always been overrated. Bill Polian put the Bills in position to win.

BillsWin
10-16-2009, 05:22 PM
I said it once, and I'll say it again. Marv Levy has always been overrated. Bill Polian put the Bills in position to win.

Marv was still the coach. Don't belittle that fact too much. Polian was fantastic and the reason we were so good, but Marv was still the coach. He may be overrated, but still hall of fame worthy.

All these comments are null and void if Marv had won the big game just once.

Sadly, he didnt.

feldspar
10-16-2009, 06:12 PM
These guys are friends, so don't expect them to belittle one another in public.

"Stay the course" is fine, but once we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, that crap won't fly.

feldspar
10-16-2009, 06:12 PM
Double post.

I can say THAT again.

Ickybaluky
10-16-2009, 06:31 PM
said a alot of good HC who had calm deamnor on the feild were successful then named Landry and Lombardi and Cowher?????
and Dungy wow

Landry and Dungy fit, but Lombardi and Cowher were demonstrative coaches.

I'd put Chuck Noll and Joe Gibbs in there as "calm demeanor" guys who were successful.

That said, I don't think demeanor is the issue. It's leadership ability, and Jauron hasn't got it done.

theanswer74
10-16-2009, 07:41 PM
I don't think Lombardi and Cowher qualify as coaches with calm demeanors.

Cowher's calm face.

http://yinzluvsteelers.squarespace.com/storage/bill-cowher1.jpg

jpdex12
10-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Honestly with age comes experience but after a certain point age causes deficiancies and in the case of Levy and Wilson their age is causing deficiencies in their thought process and we have beconme counter-productive...point blank!

I respect both of them for wehat they have done and who they are but the sun has set on their careers and their minds!

Billz_fan
10-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Marv is towing the company line. Pretty much talking out his !@#. He knows the whole thing is a cluster ____ but won't say anything to throw fuel on the fire they already see in the fanbase. They know we are on the verge of exploding.

Nighthawk
10-16-2009, 09:58 PM
said peters never wanted to be here and was a sour puss in the locker room, he was the one who didnt want to be in a Bills UNiform

Said that injuries are the issue for DJ demise, also had nothing to say about the demeanor of DJ on the feild

and Dungy wow

Levy is basically being politically correct and said to stay the course and said Modrak is a great Pro Personnel guy

Shred and Ragan said maybe a change of the course is in order and Marv countered with a WWII example and really didnt answer the counter

Marv doesn't know what the hell he is talking about and IMO, didn't have clue when he was the coach. This doesn't surprise me.

SABURZFAN
10-16-2009, 11:02 PM

and Dungy wow

it sounds like the same exact crap with his 97 Rock interview this morning. :down:

Billz_fan
10-16-2009, 11:21 PM
and Dungy wow

Did Marv just use Jaurons name along with these guys ? Im surprised he wasn't struck by lightening. Or a shoe :laughter:

Michael82
10-17-2009, 12:53 AM

I'm surprised no one talked about this part of Marv's interview. It goes back to what a lot of us said....there's no way we could have kept him. He wouldn't sign a contract when they offered him one and he was a piece of **** with the way he skipped all of the offseason, training camp and pre-season. Plus he wasn't a good locker room guy either...I'm not surprised.

Historian
10-17-2009, 05:52 AM
I'm surprised no one talked about this part of Marv's interview. It goes back to what a lot of us said....there's no way we could have kept him. He wouldn't sign a contract when they offered him one and he was a piece of **** with the way he skipped all of the offseason, training camp and pre-season. Plus he wasn't a good locker room guy either...I'm not surprised.

I'll defer to Marv for all of that, however, who's idea was it to sign him? To groom him?

It starts with finding character-type individuals.

We haven't done that since John Butler was fired.

Nighthawk
10-17-2009, 08:02 AM
I'll defer to Marv for all of that, however, who's idea was it to sign him? To groom him?

We haven't done that since John Butler was fired.

I agree, but it's not just about character guys, but finding characters guys who can actually play football!

HHURRICANE
10-17-2009, 09:32 AM

and Dungy wow

Marv has zero credibilty. Stciking up for a coach he picked and than screwing up the resigning of your best player tells me everything I need to know. Committing to let Clements walk was genius. No picks for a guy that was #1 FA in 2008. Brilliant.

Jan Reimers
10-17-2009, 09:33 AM
it sounds like the same exact crap with his 97 Rock interview this morning. :down:
He's on a self-promotional book tour. These pesky football questions are just getting in the way.

HHURRICANE
10-17-2009, 09:35 AM

It's all BS. Again, Peters was surprised he got traded. The only reason he didn't want to play in Buffalo was because they weren't willing to pay him market.

To this day you have never heard from the FO what they offered him. It was less than he got and that's a fact.

Joe Fo Sho
10-17-2009, 09:47 AM
It's all BS. Again, Peters was surprised he got traded. The only reason he didn't want to play in Buffalo was because they weren't willing to pay him market.

To this day you have never heard from the FO what they offered him. It was less than he got and that's a fact.

Is it? How much did we offer him? Of course he was going to say that he was surprised he got traded.

If he clearly didn't want to be in Buffalo, would it have mattered what we offered him? I hate the fact that he's not on this team anymore, but I'm over it, **** him.

Typ0
10-17-2009, 09:53 AM
I don't mind he's not on the team...the guy was a nightmare. He had one good season at LT then he started dishing out crap. There is no way to be sure who was responsible for the way things deteriorated but we've heard plenty about how he was a negative with the attitude and he clearly didn't work hard the last season he played here.

yordad
10-17-2009, 09:54 AM

To this day you have never heard from the FO what they offered him. It was less than he got and that's a fact.I suppose your secret source would know more then Levy.

imbondz
10-17-2009, 09:55 AM

i've always believed the worst thing the Bills ever did was to get rid of Polian. I 1000% disagree that Marv is overrated tho.

yordad
10-17-2009, 09:55 AM

We haven't done that since John Butler was fired.Are you implying the Bills would have been better off had they never touched the undrafted tight end?