PDA

View Full Version : Pat Devlin; a possibility?

kernowboy
10-17-2009, 08:06 AM
Since transferring from Penn St, he has been tearing up the CAA, being offensive player of the week, back to back recently.

The last decent QB from Delaware has not been too shabby with the Ravens and Devlin has prototypical size and unlike Pike, a huge arm able to make all the throws.

Pike might be the safer bet, but might we overpay for a QB with limited upside passing over a guy who is now proving he's got what it takes having finally had the chance to start? Reading some reports on Pike there's a worry he doesn't have the arm strength, something not said of Devlin though as JP proved, arm strength isn't everything.

Joe Fo Sho
10-17-2009, 09:05 AM
Arm strength, while not everything, is HUGE in Buffalo. I don't know nearly enough about the QBs coming out in this draft, but I hope we take one very early.

X-Era
10-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Arm strength, while not everything, is HUGE in Buffalo. I don't know nearly enough about the QBs coming out in this draft, but I hope we take one very early.
Really no one does... its too early.

Us Bills fans have just turned the page on Edwards and then immediately start looking for whos next. Unfortunately there isn't enough info yet.

We need to let it takes its course, lets get through bowl games, combine, workouts, and then we will have a decent picture. But even then we will still disagree.

I havent seen enough on Devlin. I haven't watched his games yet, and I havent seen much video. Numbers isnt the total answer... see Brennan, Harrell.

We need more info.

What I will say is that he is definitely someone to look into.

DraftBoy
10-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Pike has plenty of arm strength so I dont see how thats a difference. That being said Devlin is a hell of a prospect right now. I really like him, I just watched his game v. UMASS this week and wow was I impressed.

X-Era
10-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Pike has plenty of arm strength so I dont see how thats a difference. That being said Devlin is a hell of a prospect right now. I really like him, I just watched his game v. UMASS this week and wow was I impressed.

How did you manage to watch that game? Whats your secret?

BuffaloBlitz83
10-17-2009, 12:01 PM
www.channelsurfing.net

X-Era
10-17-2009, 12:14 PM
www.channelsurfing.net (http://www.channelsurfing.net)

Thats a new one!

Crap... Im already spending tons of time... you just opened up a whole new workstream.

Im happily frustrated

DraftBoy
10-17-2009, 12:17 PM
How did you manage to watch that game? Whats your secret?

Torrents as well.

Plus I have contacts on the net who will send me games I can't find.

Ingtar33
10-17-2009, 02:09 PM

I know.. and UMass is a pretty good team as d1aa programs go.

He tore them apart.

As i said earlier this week. he looks like he might be the real deal.

DraftBoy
10-17-2009, 03:59 PM
I know.. and UMass is a pretty good team as d1aa programs go.

He tore them apart.

As i said earlier this week. he looks like he might be the real deal.

Looks like that light switch was fully in the "on" position.

Luisito23
10-17-2009, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't mind Devlin, but I much rather go with Colt.

hydro
10-17-2009, 04:25 PM
I wouldn't mind Devlin, but I much rather go with Colt.

Colt didn't do much to impress me today.

X-Era
10-17-2009, 04:30 PM

He didnt impress me at all. His decision making is not good... at least of yet.

Luisito23
10-17-2009, 04:50 PM

Everyone has a bad game now and then...

hydro
10-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Everyone has a bad game now and then...

Sounds like a familiar excuse for Bills QBs :ill:

Demon
10-17-2009, 05:18 PM

Not trying to sway anyones opinion, but McCoy has no good RB on his team, no TE and no standout WRs. It's all on his shoulders and he played against one of the best defenses in the nation today. He didn't do that great, i agree, but didn't force too many errors and scored enough points for his defense to do the rest. He's beaten Oklahoma 3 times in his career at Texas and lost only once. People say Tebow is a winner, which obviously is true but in the biggest rivarly his team has.... he wins. And he's 3-0 in Bowl games.

X-Era
10-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Not trying to sway anyones opinion, but McCoy has no good RB on his team, no TE and no standout WRs. It's all on his shoulders and he played against one of the best defenses in the nation today. He didn't do that great, i agree, but didn't force too many errors and scored enough points for his defense to do the rest. He's beaten Oklahoma 3 times in his career at Texas and lost only once. People say Tebow is a winner, which obviously is true but in the biggest rivarly his team has.... he wins. And he's 3-0 in Bowl games.
Look, we cant make a final determination yet, but I consider what would have been 2 int's and 2 fumbles more than a few errors.

X-Era
10-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Clausen is growing on me... Hes got a Matt Ryan like will to win. He started slow in this game, but unlike McCoy didnt give up turnovers... He kept his head in this game, got fired up and now has his team right back in the game. Hes not at Matt Ryans level by any means, but he shows the poise and heart that you want in your QB.

Demon
10-17-2009, 06:50 PM
Clausen is growing on me... Hes got a Matt Ryan like will to win. He started slow in this game, but unlike McCoy didnt give up turnovers... He kept his head in this game, got fired up and now has his team right back in the game. Hes not at Matt Ryans level by any means, but he shows the poise and heart that you want in your QB.

Another California QB? Come on, you can't be serious?

Clausen has sucked at Notre Dame until now..... when he has a loaded offense around him. Coincidence?

X-Era
10-17-2009, 07:20 PM
Another California QB? Come on, you can't be serious?

Clausen has sucked at Notre Dame until now..... when he has a loaded offense around him. Coincidence?

Could be.

Its early and I wont commit until I see more, but hes rising on the board IMO.

YoungEz
10-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Mallet from Arkansas that is all needs to be said about QB

X-Era
10-17-2009, 08:05 PM
Mallet from Arkansas that is all needs to be said about QB

He hasnt been on my radar as of yet... ive seen him but havent seriosuly watched him... i will start to watch more closely.

Bmax
10-17-2009, 08:54 PM

From what i have seen of pike he is way too frail .. He is at the top of the list of players i would not draft all in this years draft...His toughness is a major concern..We need guys who can stay on the field..

Bmax

X-Era
10-17-2009, 09:41 PM
From what i have seen of pike he is way too frail .. He is at the top of the list of players i would not draft all in this years draft...His toughness is a major concern..We need guys who can stay on the field..

Bmax

The thing is he has the frame to become Rothlisberger. Will he? Who knows.

Ingtar33
10-18-2009, 06:14 AM
Rothlesburger stood out in college... big time. even in his freshman year, he was heads and shoulders better then everyone else on the field.

He just kept getting better too

I don't see that from Pike. He's not in the league of college player big ben was... and he's really not in his league as a pro prospect either.

As much as I praise Devlin, he's got a big decision coming up. If i was his coach i'd tell him to stay in one more year, frankly i think a lot of NFL teams would tell him that too. But this year looks so iffy for QB prospects and everyone in the NFL is in love with Flacco, it will be hard to stay out of the draft this year.

He puts up a great combine and pro day and he'll probably go in round 1 or 2 based on potential alone. If he declares then tanks them though he'd probably fall to round 3-6 territory... and lose a lot of money. If i was advising him I'd tell him to stay in school one more year. but we'll see what he does.

Crisis
10-18-2009, 06:17 AM
colt mccoy sucks. i can't put into words how mad i'll be if the bills invest the future in him.

kernowboy
10-18-2009, 09:53 AM
McCoy is a system QB like Matt Cassell or Kyle Orton at the Broncos. Take him out of that system and he's very mediocre.

I'd rather we select a QB in R2 than R1 - I think we need to go after someone like Eric Berry FS or Gerald McCoy DT in R1 - in fact I think a playmaking FS might be our most urgent need.