Please get a quality backup!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Please get a quality backup!!!

Lalame is brutal...everytime the team would get some momentum, this guy gave up a goal...just like last year. This guy is not good enough to backup in the NHL...please get somebody who can actually win a couple of games when called upon!!!!!
  • SkateZilla
    • Dec 2002

Re: Please get a quality backup!!!

Bring Back Marty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Demon
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
      Lalame is brutal...everytime the team would get some momentum, this guy gave up a goal...just like last year. This guy is not good enough to backup in the NHL...please get somebody who can actually win a couple of games when called upon!!!!!
      How can you blame it on Lalime? I just don't get it.

I mean, allowing goals right after we scored was our weakness last year, but screw going back that far. I don't expect you to remember last season.... how about last night with Miller? TWICE, when the Sabres score, Isles came right back and made it a game of it. The next night, same problem. I don't think it's Lalime or Miller, it's our team playing hungover or whatever it may be that is the problem.

IF... Roy doesn't take a stupid hooking penalty after Mac's goal, we may not allow the White goal.... IF... Myers doesn't get schooled by Max, we don't allow a goal after Drew's goal. Pretty simple IMO.

Team was flat tonight. They were flat last night too and if it wasn't for horrid goaltending by the Isles, we'd lose 2 in a row. Just like last year. Suck against bad teams.
      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

I still don't know why we didn't try to bring back Marty. We could have used him...

Comment

• JD
          Sabres Zone
          • Sep 2003

He's atrocious. The team just never plays well in front of him, they mark it down as a loss before the puck even drops.
          “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

What was wrong with that Tellqvist guy? I personally liked him better than Lalime and would have preferred to keep him.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
              I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
              • May 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
              What was wrong with that Tellqvist guy? I personally liked him better than Lalime and would have preferred to keep him.
              I'm sure the Sabres weren't willing to pay him the amount of money nor give him the playing time he's getting in the KHL...

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

LaLime wasn't atrocious. The team was buried in concrete the first 10-12 minutes of the game. Two goals weren't even his fault. When the team plays as poorly (outshot 12-1 in the first 11 minutes) as they did you can't expect a goalie to bail them out all the time. I don't want any goalie to have to be perfect all the time. Is LaLime great? no. Do I want him as our back up? no. Was he the reason the Sabres lost Saturday? no.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

They should have signed Marty OR Roloson... Islanders are hogging all the quality backups. Lalime is garbage. I am glad Ruff gave Miller a rest but I know he will hesitant next time and will probably ride MIller into the ground.....

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    LaLime wasn't atrocious. The team was buried in concrete the first 10-12 minutes of the game. Two goals weren't even his fault. When the team plays as poorly (outshot 12-1 in the first 11 minutes) as they did you can't expect a goalie to bail them out all the time. I don't want any goalie to have to be perfect all the time. Is LaLime great? no. Do I want him as our back up? no. Was he the reason the Sabres lost Saturday? no.
                    Ok so what are you trying to say here? Do you want a better backup or not?

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                      Ok so what are you trying to say here? Do you want a better backup or not?
                      Eb sounds like a politician.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

I'd vote for him!

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                          I'd vote for him!
                          Me too. He HAS to be better than the idiots we have now!

Comment

• don137
                            • Jul 2002

You know the team seems to take the night off when Lalime is in there. I am not sure if they don't have faith in the guy and accept the loss when he starts or is sick of trying to just let the effort gets wasted by his poor play but this team plays differently in front of Miller than Lalime. Not all the goals were his fault but he definitely lets in too many goals when it is his fault.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                              I still don't know why we didn't try to bring back Marty. We could have used him...
                              the Sabres did try to bring him back,

"I knew that a situation like Buffalo would've been a situation where I would've gotten in to play some games, more than usual but at the same time I think this situation will give me the best chance to play on a regular basis and not sit for a couple of weeks or four or five games. Now, was I excited about possibly, maybe coming back? Very. I know 95-percent of these guys personally and I was excited about maybe coming back, but you make sacrifices."

Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy

Comment

Working...
                              X