PDA

View Full Version : Please get a quality backup!!!

Nighthawk
10-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Lalame is brutal...everytime the team would get some momentum, this guy gave up a goal...just like last year. This guy is not good enough to backup in the NHL...please get somebody who can actually win a couple of games when called upon!!!!!

SkateZilla
10-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Bring Back Marty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon
10-17-2009, 11:53 PM
Lalame is brutal...everytime the team would get some momentum, this guy gave up a goal...just like last year. This guy is not good enough to backup in the NHL...please get somebody who can actually win a couple of games when called upon!!!!!

How can you blame it on Lalime? I just don't get it.

I mean, allowing goals right after we scored was our weakness last year, but screw going back that far. I don't expect you to remember last season.... how about last night with Miller? TWICE, when the Sabres score, Isles came right back and made it a game of it. The next night, same problem. I don't think it's Lalime or Miller, it's our team playing hungover or whatever it may be that is the problem.

IF... Roy doesn't take a stupid hooking penalty after Mac's goal, we may not allow the White goal.... IF... Myers doesn't get schooled by Max, we don't allow a goal after Drew's goal. Pretty simple IMO.

Team was flat tonight. They were flat last night too and if it wasn't for horrid goaltending by the Isles, we'd lose 2 in a row. Just like last year. Suck against bad teams.

Michael82
10-18-2009, 12:49 AM
I still don't know why we didn't try to bring back Marty. We could have used him... :sigh:

JD
10-18-2009, 01:00 AM
He's atrocious. The team just never plays well in front of him, they mark it down as a loss before the puck even drops.

Michael82
10-18-2009, 08:01 AM
What was wrong with that Tellqvist guy? I personally liked him better than Lalime and would have preferred to keep him. :mad:

BlackMetalNinja
10-18-2009, 08:50 AM
What was wrong with that Tellqvist guy? I personally liked him better than Lalime and would have preferred to keep him. :mad:I'm sure the Sabres weren't willing to pay him the amount of money nor give him the playing time he's getting in the KHL...

Ebenezer
10-18-2009, 09:07 AM
LaLime wasn't atrocious. The team was buried in concrete the first 10-12 minutes of the game. Two goals weren't even his fault. When the team plays as poorly (outshot 12-1 in the first 11 minutes) as they did you can't expect a goalie to bail them out all the time. I don't want any goalie to have to be perfect all the time. Is LaLime great? no. Do I want him as our back up? no. Was he the reason the Sabres lost Saturday? no.

THATHURMANATOR
10-18-2009, 09:51 AM
They should have signed Marty OR Roloson... Islanders are hogging all the quality backups. Lalime is garbage. I am glad Ruff gave Miller a rest but I know he will hesitant next time and will probably ride MIller into the ground.....

THATHURMANATOR
10-18-2009, 09:52 AM
LaLime wasn't atrocious. The team was buried in concrete the first 10-12 minutes of the game. Two goals weren't even his fault. When the team plays as poorly (outshot 12-1 in the first 11 minutes) as they did you can't expect a goalie to bail them out all the time. I don't want any goalie to have to be perfect all the time. Is LaLime great? no. Do I want him as our back up? no. Was he the reason the Sabres lost Saturday? no.
Ok so what are you trying to say here? Do you want a better backup or not?

Michael82
10-18-2009, 09:54 AM
Ok so what are you trying to say here? Do you want a better backup or not?
:rofl: Eb sounds like a politician.

THATHURMANATOR
10-18-2009, 09:59 AM
I'd vote for him!

Michael82
10-18-2009, 10:21 AM
I'd vote for him!
Me too. He HAS to be better than the idiots we have now!

don137
10-18-2009, 10:25 AM
You know the team seems to take the night off when Lalime is in there. I am not sure if they don't have faith in the guy and accept the loss when he starts or is sick of trying to just let the effort gets wasted by his poor play but this team plays differently in front of Miller than Lalime. Not all the goals were his fault but he definitely lets in too many goals when it is his fault.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-18-2009, 10:32 AM
I still don't know why we didn't try to bring back Marty. We could have used him... :sigh:

the Sabres did try to bring him back,

"I knew that a situation like Buffalo would've been a situation where I would've gotten in to play some games, more than usual but at the same time I think this situation will give me the best chance to play on a regular basis and not sit for a couple of weeks or four or five games. Now, was I excited about possibly, maybe coming back? Very. I know 95-percent of these guys personally and I was excited about maybe coming back, but you make sacrifices."

http://www.wgr550.com/Paille-back-in/5458235

Nighthawk
10-18-2009, 10:54 AM

Umm, nobody said he was the reason that we the lost the game. My point is, this guy isn't good enough, kills momentum and should've been replaced in the offseason.

Nighthawk
10-18-2009, 10:59 AM
You know the team seems to take the night off when Lalime is in there. I am not sure if they don't have faith in the guy and accept the loss when he starts or is sick of trying to just let the effort gets wasted by his poor play but this team plays differently in front of Miller than Lalime. Not all the goals were his fault but he definitely lets in too many goals when it is his fault.

That is exactly what I've been saying, this team seems to have zero confidence in this guy and they play like they know they are going to lose when he's in there. Him constantly allowing goals right after the team gets back into it does not help the situation.

rbochan
10-18-2009, 11:28 AM
5-14-3

Crisis
10-18-2009, 05:24 PM
cant believe im agreeing with LW but they tried to bring back marty but he chose the isles for more playing time

Demon
10-19-2009, 02:54 PM
He's atrocious. The team just never plays well in front of him, they mark it down as a loss before the puck even drops.

So Lalime played Friday night too? Because they team sucked both nights.

JD
10-19-2009, 06:30 PM
So Lalime played Friday night too? Because they team sucked both nights.

They weren't nearly as bad on Friday.

They still take teams lightly that they think they can beat.. you add a backup, whom they have no faith in, and you have a recipe for disaster.

snow1989
10-20-2009, 11:22 PM
I'm not big on Lalime either...although I don't think he got any help in the first period. I wouldn't be surprised if they are keeping a close eye on Enroth and possibly waiting to see if he is ready...should Lalime really bite the bullet they could let him go and slide Enroth up possibly.

Demon
10-21-2009, 10:48 AM
They weren't nearly as bad on Friday.

They still take teams lightly that they think they can beat.. you add a backup, whom they have no faith in, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Or..... maybe the Islanders are mostly a bunch of AHLers who will finish bottom 3 in the league while Atlanta might make the playoffs??? Come on guys, let's think a little bit here. We played horrid both nights. They allowed goals right after we scored (twice Fri, twice Sat)... it's not Lalime's fault. Do i think he's a great goalie? No. Far from it. I wouldn't mind getting a new goalie if there wasn't a salary cap.... however, to blame the Atlanta game on Lalime doesn't make much sense at all.

DrGraves
10-21-2009, 12:29 PM
I hate it. Every time we run Lalime out there its like we are just forfeiting the game.... we can't afford to lose a point or two every time miller needs a breather. those two points here and there are the reason you make or miss the postseason.