PDA

View Full Version : A case for trading Mashawn Lynch

kernowboy
10-18-2009, 10:18 AM
We have already a decent RB in Fred Jackson and we can easily sign/draft a player to carry the load. Whilst there are calls to trade Evans, with both Owens and Reed as free agents, we would be left with only Hardy and Johnson, and the draft is as light as in 2008 when it comes to WR talent.

As a team we lack talent in two areas where this up and coming draft has talent available - Safety and Defensive Line.

At Safety, there are two top players in Eric Berry and Taylor Mays who would offer us a dynamic playmaker in the secondary.

On the line, there is Ndamukong Suh, Gerald McCoy, Arthur Jones, Terrence Cody, Carlos Dunlap and Greg Hardy who would really help an area of continuing weakness especially Jones as a DE or Cody at NT if we switch to a 3-4.

With two R1 picks we sort out the defence once and for all, and despite the poverty of our offence this season, it is defence which wins championships.

R1a Berry or Mays
R1b Jones or Dunlap
R2 QB

This would still allow us to use the 2nd rounder on a QB and as several have shown they can often be behind center very early in the season.

No OT? Well with Butler back, Bell learning and Scott and Meredith having game time, all we lack here is experience as we seem to have talent and a rookie OT would not offer us that experience.

Many will hate the idea of trading Lynch but in many cases it is no worse a suggestion than trading Evans, especially as we already have an inhouse replacement.

Canadian'eh!
10-18-2009, 10:19 AM
made this case in week 2. but i'd rather wait for the offseason... however the 2 back system in buffalo isn't working well IMO. It's seems to be affecting the flow of both players and not letting them get in the game.

THATHURMANATOR
10-18-2009, 10:21 AM
again why is everyone trying to trade away our good players. Isn't it better to acquire good players?

kernowboy
10-18-2009, 10:28 AM
again why is everyone trying to trade away our good players. Isn't it better to acquire good players?

Sometimes you need to trade good value to get better value.

Depth is fantastic to have on the roster, but when you have weaknesses you need to give up some depth to make sure you can balance the talent across the roster especially as we've never been terribly effective in free agency.

Why have two good players if only one can be on the field at any given time?

mybills
10-18-2009, 10:34 AM
Keep our RB's, and keep our WR's. Just change QB's, and the HC, and focus on filling the needs on the lines.

Bruce is Loose
10-18-2009, 11:01 AM
Keep our RB's, and keep our WR's. Just change QB's, and the HC, and focus on filling the needs on the lines.

Agree - and the needs of linebackers. Every year we know this is a depth concern and every year we get injurys here and it screws us.

cookie G
10-18-2009, 11:15 AM

Depth is fantastic to have on the roster, but when you have weaknesses you need to give up some depth to make sure you can balance the talent across the roster especially as we've never been terribly effective in free agency.

Why have two good players if only one can be on the field at any given time?

talking about balance and you're talking about drafting yet another defensive back?

I'm sorry, Mr. Modrak, that's just wrong.

YardRat
10-18-2009, 11:28 AM
I wouldn't stop w/just Lynch...There's a ton of room for upgrading on this roster.

Beastie Bills
10-18-2009, 11:45 AM

Right. So how does it make sense to trade our best player, in his prime, when his value is at its lowest point (because of the suspension).

What an idiotic idea.

soapman
10-18-2009, 11:48 AM
Right. So how does it make sense to trade our best player, in his prime, when his value is at its lowest point (because of the suspension).

What an idiotic idea.

Ditto.

BertSquirtgum
10-18-2009, 12:00 PM
i would rather stick a fork in my eye ball than see the bills trade the running back for years to come. DUMB!

DynaPaul
10-18-2009, 12:41 PM
We just need to spend all our picks next year on OL, DL, and LBs. That's it. We don't need anymore skill players.

Joe Fo Sho
10-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Why can't we have 2 good players at one position???

New Ro's Greatest
10-18-2009, 12:52 PM

Hey were Bills fans. We like when our best players leave town! This would be the worst trade move ever! GO BILLS:rrich:

trapezeus
10-18-2009, 02:58 PM
this team as a whole is a losing team. they can not succeed. if the bills want to trade away all the talent to get a boat load of picks to show a future GM that the keys are his to build a winner, i say trade all the key positions. If they are thinking about trading people to bring in other players, then forget it.

Decisions now need to be made based on what they plan on doing with the front office.

kernowboy
10-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Anyone reading this would think Jackson was absolute rubbish

Anyone want to bet their house that Lynch won't get another ban?

YardRat
10-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Not worth the risk, considering the state of the team, of keeping him.

Two RB's is a luxury that we can't afford at the present time.

Pretty iffy whether or not he's the best player on the team, also...I don't think so.

BertSquirtgum
10-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Anyone reading this would think Jackson was absolute rubbish

Anyone want to bet their house that Lynch won't get another ban?

i would

kernowboy
10-18-2009, 03:20 PM
i would

After he ran someone over he said he'd behave only to then get caught in a car with his gang banger mates

Stupid is as stupid does

BillsWin
10-18-2009, 03:23 PM
This is ridiculous.