• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BF_in_Indiana
    FIRE JAURON NOW
    • Apr 2003

I don't see why there is so much worry about Drew

Bills Nation is in an uproar over his "inability" to beat Billy boy and the Pats. WHY? He lost twice to them. It happens, we got swept the year before he got here too. Maybe it is our COACHING STAFFS inability to put together a gameplan to beat the Pats? The fact that the D gave up two TDs in the first game before Drew ever even threw 5 passes doesn't help matters.

I think Drew ends this losing streak against the Pats this September.........
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Right. And Drew didn't play defense. He didn't give up all them points.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
      • Jul 2002

Uh Oh.
      I hear the preliminary rumblings of an earthquake here.
      Someone has just thrown meat to the tiger.

Comment

• LABillsFan
        • Aug 2002

The uproar is all emotion because it's Drew's old team. The fact of the matter is it's a division opponent and getting swept severly hurts your chances in winning the division. We don't hear much of getting swept by the Jets when those 2 loses hurt just as bad. It's the new rivaly much like the Kelly/Marino days. I just hope it's not like the Bills/Dolphins of the 70's.
        I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Kicker22705
          • Jul 2002

Here comes Wys

Comment

• Judge
            • Aug 2002

From what I can tell, there's only one person upset about Drew Bledsoe's play for the Bills last year. He just happens to be the most "prolific" of the posters on here and gives the impression that he has support for his arguments.
            Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• BF_in_Indiana
              FIRE JAURON NOW
              • Apr 2003

Fortunately I was born the year the streak was broken. I didn't have to suffer through the 70's, it would have been awful.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                • Aug 2002

I was alive and well and it WAS awful. My father had a restaurant outside of the city and I remember after a game, Shula was there eating dinner with some of his coaches. Not only did he beat the Bills, now he's breaking bread at my father's. I threw on my Bills jacket and just stood there watching him eat. My father got so pissed at me for making Shula's hair stand on edge. Never saw him at the restaurant again.
                I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                  Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                  • Jul 2002

Welcome to the Zone BF_in_Indiana!!!!!

I was alive in the 70s... but was "young".... so that "dead era" is very vague.
                  Originally posted by notacon
                  The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Bufftp
                    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cntrygal

I was alive in the 70s... but was "young"....

young to somebody 60
                    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                    to be led by permanent ideals -
                    that is what keeps a man patient
                    when the world ignores him,
                    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• BF_in_Indiana
                      FIRE JAURON NOW
                      • Apr 2003

Thank you for the welcome. I have been fortunate enough to watch the Bills dominate Miami since the day I was born, which is a good thing. LOL.

Comment

• Mom
                        • Jul 2002

Absolutely.... it IS the inability of our coaching staff. That plus the fact that BB KNOWS all about Drews' capabilities & weaknesses.

I think that until we get a coaching staff that can put together a gameplan to outsmart Belichek, we will continue to be the Patsies doormat.

It ALL comes down to the gameplan, IMO. Give this team a plan, & they WILL defeat the Pats.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gameboy
                          Uh Oh.
                          I hear the preliminary rumblings of an earthquake here.
                          Someone has just thrown meat to the tiger.
                          ROFLMAO!!!

Wys Drew
                          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Cntrygal
                            Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bufftp

young to somebody 60
                            Originally posted by notacon
                            The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

i would be one person who is concerned about drews inability to win "big" games, not necessarily the games against the pats..

other than the dolphins games (which were played against Lucas), did he beat anyone with a good record last year? no.

but i remember his decisions single handedly killed us in the raiders game and the KC game. he threw two of the worst picks trying to force the ball. and both of those games were easily winable. he also couldnt do a single thing against the pack, when we needed him to.. and could have cost us the game in san diego throwing a pick in the endzone after audibling to the pass on first and second down at the 5 yard line.

i am a drew supporter.. i like the guy.. and it is fun to cheer for him when he is kicking the crap out of the vikes horrible defense, or the bengals horrible defense.. but i cant stand watching him look totally confused at the pats just because the defensive linemen are standing up..

color me concerned, but not overly. i hope this years offense, and defense, should help him.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X