• Show
Clear All
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Ravens Inquire About Owens

the Bills say no.

Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.
  • BoyILuvLoznStupidly
    • Sep 2009

Re: Ravens Inquire About Owens

I heard this earlier this morning on espn or wgr.

Comment

• JD
      Sabres Zone
      • Sep 2003

Fail.

The season is over already. We either get something for the future by getting rid of owens now (since he's rarely used anyway) or we let him go at the end of this year for NOTHING.
      “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

If this doesn't illustrate my point about Wilson and the organization perfectly nothing does. The Ravens need him to win a superbowl. We need him to maybe win another game this season. This could turn into a great player for years to come as a first round pick in the next draft and we say not citing "ticket sales have spiked" as the reason. How rediculously stupid can an organization be? Do they really think they are going to keep selling more tickets with the team in the situation it is? If this is their pathetic cause they ought to be sitting at the table with TO locking him up for a few more years but he's not going to play on a team that is a joke the man wants a ring and he deserves one.

We can bring in a token player or make a token move to do some marketing but can't make a commitment to the entire team to be successful on the football field. It stinks of "we think the public is stupid".

Originally posted by SABURZFAN

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
          • Feb 2005

Who said anything about a 1st rounder?
          Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 10-18-2009, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• New Ro's Greatest
            • Sep 2008

They were probably low-balling the Bills. Probably offered a 6th or something. The season isn't over yet. If this ship is going to sink lets go out fighting! GO BILLS

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by draz54
              Who said anything about a 1st rounder?
              if they want him make them pay. At least listen to what they have to say don't hang up because of a marketing ploy.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
                If this doesn't illustrate my point about Wilson and the organization perfectly nothing does. The Ravens need him to win a superbowl. We need him to maybe win another game this season. This could turn into a great player for years to come as a first round pick in the next draft and we say not citing "ticket sales have spiked" as the reason. How rediculously stupid can an organization be? Do they really think they are going to keep selling more tickets with the team in the situation it is? If this is their pathetic cause they ought to be sitting at the table with TO locking him up for a few more years but he's not going to play on a team that is a joke the man wants a ring and he deserves one.

We can bring in a token player or make a token move to do some marketing but can't make a commitment to the entire team to be successful on the football field. It stinks of "we think the public is stupid".
                How do you know what was offered?? Cab driver?? What if it was like a 5th or 6th round pick. Maybe they thought it was a lowball offer?? Good job mr GM

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
                  • Aug 2007

We would never get a 1st rounder for Owens...maybe a 4 or 5

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                    • Jun 2005

if they want him make them pay. At least listen to what they have to say don't hang up because of a marketing ploy.
                    Once again how do you know they didnt listen?? maybe the offer wasnt good enough to compensate for the sell outs??? Maybe just maybe .

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                      • Feb 2005

We suspect the Ravens presented a lowball offer, and the Bills turned it down.

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
                        Once again how do you know they didnt listen?? maybe the offer wasnt good enough to compensate for the sell outs??? Maybe just maybe .

What would be good enough?

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

Id say a 3rd or 4th at the least

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                            We play to win the game!
                            • Oct 2009

Nothing less than 2nd unless it is a 3rd and 5th

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

I think this means essentially that the Bills have not made the decision yet to dump Jauron. That doesn't mean they won't, but if they had made the trade, it would have meant that Jauron had already been stripped of any personnel decision making input in the organization. Jauron has to know he's a long shot at best to be retained by the Bills. His only shot to stick necessitates that he keep Owens.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X