PDA

View Full Version : So, Im all about saving boobs

X-Era
10-18-2009, 03:17 PM
But I'm getting sick of the pink to be honest.

Does anyone know how long this will last?

hydro
10-18-2009, 03:19 PM
All month I guess. http://www.nbcam.org/

:idunno:

LtFinFan66
10-18-2009, 03:24 PM
It's a good cause. live with it.

Ebenezer
10-18-2009, 03:24 PM
October...what's so annoying about it? You might sing a different tune if it were your mother, sister, wife or daughter who ends up with it.

X-Era
10-18-2009, 03:28 PM
October...what's so annoying about it? You might sing a different tune if it were your mother, sister, wife or daughter who ends up with it.

My grandmother died of it actually.... doesn't mean I need to like pink.

X-Era
10-18-2009, 03:29 PM
It's a good cause. live with it.
It is a good cause and I have no choice but to.

Canadian'eh!
10-18-2009, 03:29 PM
it's jsut pink on some unis and hats. get over it already

X-Era
10-18-2009, 03:32 PM
it's jsut pink on some unis and hats. get over it already

Wow, people are touchy.

Hating pink does not equal hating the cause.

Just for reference, I have gone and done a middle of the night shift on Relay for Life for most of the past 10 years.

My dad died of cancer, My grandfather is battling through it now, my grandmother died of it, and my mother had it.

brainofPJ
10-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Wow, people are touchy.

Hating pink does not equal hating the cause.

Just for reference, I have gone and done a middle of the night shift on Relay for Life for most of the past 10 years.

My dad died of cancer, My grandfather is battling through it now, my grandmother died of it, and my mother had it.

i totally agree with you.

i think it's the people that get so offended easily and are touchy are the ones that need to "get over it".

DMBcrew36
10-18-2009, 04:17 PM
It's kindof annoying, but it's for a good cause. I don't care if they wear them. It's just a minor side detail.

MikeInRoch
10-18-2009, 04:21 PM
I think, in exchange for our support, we should get to see them a lot more often.

Crisis
10-18-2009, 04:23 PM
what exactly are they supporting?

are they actually donating to the cause or are they just wearing pink?

hydro
10-18-2009, 06:26 PM

"Raising awareness" for the effort against Breast Cancer.

malo
10-18-2009, 06:28 PM
How about the hundreds of other types of cancer?

MikeInRoch
10-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Like prostate cancer, which affects a TON more people.

DMBcrew36
10-18-2009, 06:31 PM

It's just not as pleasing as boobs I guess

Ebenezer
10-18-2009, 06:33 PM
not to by cynical but more people care about their moms instead of their dads and men don't have vocal lobbying groups.

MikeInRoch
10-18-2009, 06:55 PM
And nobody really wants to look at a prostate.

EricStratton
10-18-2009, 07:12 PM
They should wear pink every week if that will be the result

X-Era
10-18-2009, 07:12 PM
They should wear pink every week if that will be the result

Ohh this team metaphorically wears pink don't fool yourself.

Dozerdog
10-18-2009, 07:19 PM
What color would they wear for prostate cancer awareness?

Cream color?

Ebenezer
10-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Ohh this team metaphorically wears pink don't fool yourself.
why is pink the color of ****?

X-Era
10-18-2009, 07:23 PM
why is pink the color of ****?

:lol:

It should be brown!

EricStratton
10-18-2009, 07:23 PM
What color would they wear for prostate cancer awareness?

Cream color?

It's actually light blue. Every summer during the MLB season something is done.

Ebenezer
10-18-2009, 07:25 PM
:lol:

It should be brown!
glad somebody got the joke because I almost screwed it up....

Ebenezer
10-18-2009, 07:27 PM
It's actually light blue. Every summer during the MLB season something is done.
It's September and it is not a ribbon but a wristband as far as I know.

G Wolly
10-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Well, if you just waited one more week, next week is the last week of the month.

justasportsfan
10-19-2009, 11:17 AM

It's Jaurons character/philosophy they are supporting

Static
10-19-2009, 11:26 AM
They need money for reshearch, wearing a color does nothing but make people who don't donate feel like they did something.

EricStratton
10-19-2009, 07:29 PM
It's September and it is not a ribbon but a wristband as far as I know.

It's around fathers day Eb

Ebenezer
10-19-2009, 07:30 PM
:cynic: I'll have to look it up.

Ebenezer
10-19-2009, 07:36 PM
I found the following; all say September, sorry.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Presidential-Proclamations-National-Prostate-Cancer-Awareness-Month/

http://pcaawareness.net/pcam_display.html

http://www.prostateconditions.org/pcaw-prostate-cancer-awareness-week

http://www.zerocancer.org/site/PageNavigator/PRO_Prostate_Cancer_Awareness_Month

EricStratton
10-19-2009, 07:41 PM
http://www.prostatecancerfoundation.org/site/c.itIWK2OSG/b.47476/k.17A/Major_League_Baseball.htm

Since 1997, Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association have teamed with the Prostate Cancer Foundation for the Home Run Challenge to raise more than $31 million for prostate cancer research. In 2008, the Home Run Challenge raised more $2.6 million for prostate cancer research.

Every baseball season during Father's Day week, MLB teams raise money from fans and sponsors who make donations or pledge .25 cents to $10,000 for each home run hit during 60 selected games played, including selected games on Father's Day.

Check out the 2009 schedule.

On Father's Day, players, coaches, managers, trainers, groundskeepers, umpires and equipment managers wear blue to show their support, and all home teams feature a special MLB/Father’s Day blue ribbon logo on batting helmets, blue ribbon ceremonial home plates, ceremonial bases and pitching rubbers as well as lineup cards.

MLB team representatives speak about the value of prostate cancer research and encourage fans to make a pledge by appearing in public service announcements, donating autographed merchandise and participating in stadium events. In addition, each team conducts special Home Run Challenge events including pre-game ceremonies; first pitch opportunities featuring prostate cancer survivors, researchers or advocates; public service announcements on scoreboards; and the distribution of blue ribbon temporary tattoos.

yordad
10-19-2009, 07:44 PM
i totally agree with you.

i think it's the people that get so offended easily and are touchy are the ones that need to "get over it".You've been here for over a year and this is your first post?....... Well done, lol.

TigerJ
10-19-2009, 09:24 PM
October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. I imagine it'll fade away after that. As far as saving boobs is concerned, my wife lost hers on September first. Now it's about keeping alive so she can see our adopted granddaughter graduate from high school and enjoy our retirement when it happens in 8 or 10 years.

I'm not affected a great deal by the hype around breast cancer awareness. I'm not really bothered by the fact that some want to see it all go away, but if some women start paying attention and start doing self examination and getting mammograms as a result of all the emphasis and discover they have breast cancer before it advances to the point where its not easily treatable, then it's worth it.

Aliceinchainsbills15
10-19-2009, 09:28 PM
But I'm getting sick of the pink to be honest.

Does anyone know how long this will last?
Until the end of Oct.

TigerJ
10-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Like prostate cancer, which affects a TON more people.Prostate cancer does affect a lot of men, but in many cases the onset is so late in life and the cancer so slow growing that doing nothing is often the most reasonable treatment solution. True when you get it at an earlier age you want to catch it and treat it quickly. My father had it, and did have surgery, but nothing more aggressive than that. He died of emphysema

ServoBillieves
10-19-2009, 09:45 PM
I think pink with the white throwbacks would be sweet...

Otherwise, great cause, I'm wearing a pink shirt at work for the month. My gf's mother had it, it's a good cause.

brainofPJ
10-19-2009, 09:52 PM
You've been here for over a year and this is your first post?....... Well done, lol.

says the person with over 8,000 posts on a message board.

i have had a hard time getting away from the official board given that i know people over there...that coupled with a lot going on in my life.

anyway, thanks for bringing that up and noticing....things never change no matter what message board you go to...

schubbard
10-19-2009, 10:55 PM
If the pink bothers you, just be glad it's football and not hockey... I played in a benefit at Blue Cross Arena (home of our local AHL hockey team) last winter and they painted the ice pink. Brilliant, almost blinding, pink. So bright you couldn't see the face off dots from up close pink... They did cut the ice a few times before the AHL game, but it was still plenty pink...

BillsRGreat
10-20-2009, 06:00 AM
I love the fact that the NFL is taking a serious issue under it's wing, but seriously, I love Breats as much, if not more than the next guy, but there are other serious concerns too...

Testicular cancer, Lung Cancer, Brain Cancer, all other cancers....

...but I did hear November will be Colon Cancer Awareness month - all the pink gear will soon be brown

Ebenezer
10-20-2009, 08:09 AM
http://www.prostatecancerfoundation.org/site/c.itIWK2OSG/b.47476/k.17A/Major_League_Baseball.htm

Since 1997, Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association have teamed with the Prostate Cancer Foundation for the Home Run Challenge to raise more than $31 million for prostate cancer research. In 2008, the Home Run Challenge raised more $2.6 million for prostate cancer research.

Every baseball season during Father's Day week, MLB teams raise money from fans and sponsors who make donations or pledge .25 cents to $10,000 for each home run hit during 60 selected games played, including selected games on Father's Day.

Check out the 2009 schedule.

On Father's Day, players, coaches, managers, trainers, groundskeepers, umpires and equipment managers wear blue to show their support, and all home teams feature a special MLB/Father’s Day blue ribbon logo on batting helmets, blue ribbon ceremonial home plates, ceremonial bases and pitching rubbers as well as lineup cards.

MLB team representatives speak about the value of prostate cancer research and encourage fans to make a pledge by appearing in public service announcements, donating autographed merchandise and participating in stadium events. In addition, each team conducts special Home Run Challenge events including pre-game ceremonies; first pitch opportunities featuring prostate cancer survivors, researchers or advocates; public service announcements on scoreboards; and the distribution of blue ribbon temporary tattoos.
maybe the stuff I posted is all new :huh:

Iehoshua
10-20-2009, 10:49 AM
Cancer is cancer, why discriminate? Why does breast cancer exclusively get the time? If the NFL is dedicating a month, make it cancer awareness.

Ebenezer
10-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Cancer is cancer, why discriminate? Why does breast cancer exclusively get the time? If the NFL is dedicating a month, make it cancer awareness.
again...it is the old adage "the squeaky wheel gets the oil".

Also, not all cancers are the same - not even close. Each needs it's own type of research.