PDA

View Full Version : One positive at halftime... it will probably change

X-Era
10-18-2009, 05:11 PM
I think the OL, outside of the penalties, looks good. They are pushing the DL back and giving the QB time. Meredith is playing decent.

Michael82
10-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Meredith looks better than I thought he would. I guess the good thing about starting 4 rookies on the OL is that it gets them playing time and hopefully lets them gel and get better thru the season...

T-Long
10-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Meredith is playing out of his mind...how does he come in and be this successful? Very very impressive

DraftBoy
10-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Meredith is playing extremely well. He was beaten only once in the first half and he has gotten out to block on the pull a few times very well.

Im very happy that he has given me a reason to watch today.

X-Era
10-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Meredith looks better than I thought he would. I guess the good thing about starting 4 rookies on the OL is that it gets them playing time and hopefully lets them gel and get better thru the season...

We still need a OT in the draft, but if they continue to progress, it may not be in the 1st round or even in the first few rounds.

Michael82
10-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Meredith is playing extremely well. He was beaten only once in the first half and he has gotten out to block on the pull a few times very well.

Im very happy that he has given me a reason to watch today.
Weren't you one of the ones who wanted us to draft him? Now I see why...

DraftBoy
10-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Weren't you one of the ones who wanted us to draft him? Now I see why...

Yes and I greatly supported his signing and him starting today. Despite the idiots who don't think young players are worth a damn.

Canadian'eh!
10-18-2009, 05:26 PM
I don't see it. Too many penalties, and too much moving backwards.

No one has been stand out bad. BUt no one has been great either.

Run Blocking in particular has not been very good.

But it's not like the QB's have had a ton of time.

DraftBoy
10-18-2009, 05:29 PM
I don't see it. Too many penalties, and too much moving backwards.

No one has been stand out bad. BUt no one has been great either.

Run Blocking in particular has not been very good.

But it's not like the QB's have had a ton of time.

No penalties on Meredith and he's been very good at the POA. Focus in on him a little more and you'll see it.

Dr. Pepper
10-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Yes and I greatly supported his signing and him starting today. Despite the idiots who don't think young players are worth a damn.

thank you for calling me an idiot, very mature. why wouldnt i question the Bills starting an undrafted rookie who was dropped by the team with the worst offensive line in the league.

DraftBoy
10-18-2009, 05:34 PM
thank you for calling me an idiot, very mature. why wouldnt i question the Bills starting an undrafted rookie who was dropped by the team with the worst offensive line in the league.

Your welcome...I guess?

Did you see him play in college? Do you have any idea what kind of skill set he possessed? Did you have anything to base any kind of formulation of an opinion off of outside of him being on the GB Practice Squad? If his very good play continues are you going to admit you were wrong?

Buddo
10-18-2009, 05:34 PM

Wasn't Meredith a 5th round pick?

DraftBoy
10-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Wasn't Meredith a 5th round pick?

Yes he was. But I wasn't going to call him out for that.

Dr. Pepper
10-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Your welcome...I guess?

Did you see him play in college? Do you have any idea what kind of skill set he possessed? Did you have anything to base any kind of formulation of an opinion off of outside of him being on the GB Practice Squad? If his very good play continues are you going to admit you were wrong?

i came to a logical conclusion based on the facts i had. to answer your first 3 questions.... no, no, and no. as for the last one, i thought i already admitted it. my point was that why wouldnt i have questioned the move? especially after the peters/walker/bell nonsense that preceded it.

DraftBoy
10-18-2009, 05:38 PM
i came to a logical conclusion based on the facts i had. to answer your first 3 questions.... no, no, and no. as for the last one, i thought i already admitted it. my point was that why wouldnt i have questioned the move? especially after the peters/walker/bell nonsense that preceded it.

Because he was considered a 1st Round prospect skill wise coming into last April and was tagged as lazy by some scouts and thus fell. His skill level is very high as far as rookies go.

Dr. Pepper
10-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Because he was considered a 1st Round prospect skill wise coming into last April and was tagged as lazy by some scouts and thus fell. His skill level is very high as far as rookies go.

im glad. obviously i want the kid to succeed and for the Bills to do well. if he's this skilled, i wonder why he was relegated to the Packers' practice squad.

DraftBoy
10-18-2009, 05:43 PM
im glad. obviously i want the kid to succeed and for the Bills to do well. if he's this skilled, i wonder why he was relegated to the Packers' practice squad.

No idea, but then again given the Packers recent draft history, I don't consider their scouting dept to be top notch.

Its still very early and it doesnt mean Meredith is all that I think he can be, but he has thus proven the people who thought he was a scrub quite wrong.