PDA

View Full Version : Happy to see Jenkins hurt...

MikeInRoch
10-18-2009, 05:11 PM
I have nothing actually against Jenkins. And I normally won't root for injuries - but what goes around comes around. The shot they put on Edwards WHEN HE WAS DOWN was utter crap. So I hope Jenkins is gone for a long time.

DMBcrew36
10-18-2009, 05:53 PM
I have nothing actually against Jenkins. And I normally won't root for injuries - but what goes around comes around. The shot they put on Edwards WHEN HE WAS DOWN was utter crap. So I hope Jenkins is gone for a long time.

I'm sortof with you on this, sortof. I don't think the Jets players meant to hurt Edwards. It just sucks a flag wasn't thrown on the play. I'm just happy to see our team isn't the only one being udderly GOUGED by injury.

DraftBoy
10-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Didnt think it was a penalty and it wasn't the continuation that hurt Trent. It was the initial sandwich hit.

DMBcrew36
10-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Didnt think it was a penalty and it wasn't the continuation that hurt Trent. It was the initial sandwich hit.

Can't make hits to the head, and can't put your full body weight on a QB. The Jets had two guys who did both.

MikeInRoch
10-18-2009, 06:04 PM
It seems that you are wrong. You CAN do that, with no repercussions at all. Just as long as you don't do it to a big name QB.

DraftBoy
10-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Can't make hits to the head, and can't put your full body weight on a QB. The Jets had two guys who did both.

It was him getting sandwiched they didnt target his head, and nobody lead with a head. Thus no penalty in that regard.

I can show you plays every week where the QB take the full weight of a defender. You can't purposely drive a QB into the ground after a whistle is blown which wasn't the case here.

Typ0
10-18-2009, 06:10 PM
that hit on edwards was horrible and there should have been a personal foul. I bet there will be fines or suspensions dealt out from the league office this week for that hit though.

DMBcrew36
10-18-2009, 06:11 PM
It was him getting sandwiched they didnt target his head, and nobody lead with a head. Thus no penalty in that regard.

I can show you plays every week where the QB take the full weight of a defender. You can't purposely drive a QB into the ground after a whistle is blown which wasn't the case here.

I'm nearly positive you can't slam the QB to the ground with your full body weight, or in this case, under full body weight of TWO opposing players, no matter if the whistle is blown or not.

Tell me a flag would not have been thrown if that had been Tom Brady.

DraftBoy
10-18-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm nearly positive you can't slam the QB to the ground with your full body weight, or in this case, under full body weight of TWO opposing players, no matter if the whistle is blown or not.

Im telling you it happens every week. And he didn't slam him, he fell on top of him.

DMBcrew36
10-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Im telling you it happens every week. And he didn't slam him, he fell on top of him.

Whatever, see it through whatever glasses you want to. Tell me if that had been Tom Brady a flag would not have been thrown.

DraftBoy
10-18-2009, 06:15 PM
Whatever, see it through whatever glasses you want to. Tell me if that had been Tom Brady a flag would not have been thrown.

Id hope not, because its not a penalty. Now if it had been Tim Tebow he would of just made it happen.

hydro
10-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Id hope not, because its not a penalty. Now if it had been Tim Tebow he would of just made it happen.

Players have gotten a penalty called for the slapping the QBs helmet...

They did a little more than slap it.

DraftBoy
10-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Players have gotten a penalty called for the slapping the QBs helmet...

They did a little more than slap it.

Shots the head are illegal. Landing on a player through a continuation of momentum is not.

Though the slap to the head is a weak ass call.