PDA

View Full Version : rian lindell

BertSquirtgum
10-18-2009, 06:38 PM
i'm sorry i don't care. how many clutch kicks does this guy get to miss. i don't care about the wind. time to find a replacement.

Mr. Miyagi
10-18-2009, 06:39 PM
WHy did Jauron have to run the clock all the way down on 2nd down with a timeout left? Why not try to get closer?

BertSquirtgum
10-18-2009, 06:41 PM
i know, i know. i was thinking the same thing but lindell has missed so many important kicks.

MikeInRoch
10-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Really? How many?

BertSquirtgum
10-18-2009, 06:44 PM
ralph needs to flush the toilet and get a whole new organization in here.

don137
10-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Jauron does not play to win. He played to settle for a long FG attempt and not to win the game.

BertSquirtgum
10-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Really? How many?

i'm sorry i don't have a photographic memory but off the top of my head is the cleveland game last year. there are more because i remember mother ****ing him then.

BertSquirtgum
10-18-2009, 07:09 PM
please put my foot in my mouth lindell

TacklingDummy
10-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Rian "A-Rod" Lindell is clutch.

hydro
10-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Insert foot in mouth!

ParanoidAndroid
10-18-2009, 07:14 PM
He actually makes more than he misses. His field goal percentage has been far above average over the length of his career.

Typ0
10-18-2009, 07:14 PM
he's hit some clutch ones there is no reason to ***** at him. Kickers don't make every one it's a hard job. Also, I thought DJ did a good thing making sure there was no clock left. The first kick had the distance just never got between the uprights.

Crisis
10-18-2009, 07:18 PM
i'm more pissed at dick shutting down playing for the long field goal in that situation. you know if thats new england they're going for the endzone on that last drive and not having it come down to that. atleast get it closer before you pussy out dick.

Griff
10-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Lindell now has 12 game winners

BertSquirtgum
10-18-2009, 07:22 PM
all i care about is that the bills won. regardless of how ugly it was. it was a good day for a win. jauron still needs to be fired.

Ground Chuck
10-18-2009, 07:30 PM
i'm more pissed at dick shutting down playing for the long field goal in that situation. you know if thats new england they're going for the endzone on that last drive and not having it come down to that. atleast get it closer before you pussy out dick.

Both at the end of the game and in OT.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-19-2009, 01:46 AM
He hit a big kick in OT!

Buffalogic
10-19-2009, 03:23 AM
Lol are you people ******ed? Of course Jauron was scared to pass it at the end of regulation our passing offense was horrible all game and he didn't want them to have another epic (only the bills) loss. Put the game in Marshawn and Freddy's hands not the backup qb.

Crisis
10-19-2009, 03:31 AM
Lol are you people ******ed? Of course Jauron was scared to pass it at the end of regulation our passing offense was horrible all game and he didn't want them to have another epic (only the bills) loss. Put the game in Marshawn and Freddy's hands not the backup qb.

sorry, there's zero ways to defend settling for a 45 yard field goal at the bad end of the stadium on an extremely windy day when you had 2 timeouts to start the drive and wasted atleast a minute off the clock with audibles at the line and running the clock down to kick the FG. it was terrible clock/game management. i don't care who's behind center, you dont shut it down until you're in chip shot range. settling for the field goal there just embodies everything that is jauron.

Historian
10-19-2009, 04:50 AM
The Dude won the game for us.

I would show him a little respect.

YardRat
10-19-2009, 05:30 AM
Jauron is snake-bitten...the JP-fumbling-away-the-game against the Jets probably flashed in his mind.

mikemac2001
10-19-2009, 07:48 AM
It looked like he was playing the wind on the first kick...if you watched all his practice kicks they tailed to the left....i hate giving kickers the benefit but thats what i saw.

Jan Reimers
10-19-2009, 07:53 AM
46 yards into the wind is no gimme. Dick's idiot playcalling didn't do him any favors, either. But he redeemed himself, and I'm happy for him.

Dr. Lecter
10-19-2009, 08:05 AM
Two notes:

1. According to the News this morning, Lindell is 11 of 13 on game winning kicks. Not too shabby.

2. The clock management at the end of regulation was fine. A sack would have taken the Bills totally out of FG range and an INT would have killed them too. Another 5-10 yards would have been great, but the risk was pretty high. So I have no problem with that, for a change.

trapezeus
10-19-2009, 08:26 AM
lindell is no guarantee from outside 40...and with bad weather, inside 40 he misses too.

11-13 game winners. What about the misses he has during games where we lose by 3. There have been countless games where he misses an easy one early in the game and that ends up being the difference.

And a question, does he prefer to kick it off the right hash mark? Because the 4th Q field goal and OT fieldgoal, they ran the play right. Is that his personal preference or is that Dick Jauron being a complete idiot? I'm not sure.

Typ0
10-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Two notes:

1. According to the News this morning, Lindell is 11 of 13 on game winning kicks. Not too shabby.

2. The clock management at the end of regulation was fine. A sack would have taken the Bills totally out of FG range and an INT would have killed them too. Another 5-10 yards would have been great, but the risk was pretty high. So I have no problem with that, for a change.

I laughed at the comment made by DJ after the game. He was asked why they didn't try to move the ball forward in that situation and he said "we did". It's how crazy people are I guess. They tried to get yards they didnt' take a knee. They didn't send the kicker out on third down. I guess people wanted them to throw the ball which would have been crazy IMO. They couldn't afford to lose any yards there they had a chance to win the game!

casdhf
10-19-2009, 10:38 AM
I would have liked to see a 5 WR QB Draw. Fitzy has wheels.

Buffalogic
10-19-2009, 05:18 PM
It really wasn't that windy in the second half and in overtime. The wind was really bad in the first half but got much better as the game went on. The flags on the posts were barely wiggling when Lindell missed his kick at the end of regulation.

BillsWin
10-19-2009, 05:22 PM
I like Lindell, although I am never positive he will kick it through when the game is on the line. He has proven accurate, but he is not one of the kickers in the league that you can put all your trust in.

Leigh Tiffin anybody?

Demon
10-19-2009, 05:36 PM
i'm sorry i don't have a photographic memory but off the top of my head is the cleveland game last year. there are more because i remember mother ****ing him then.

Lindell did struggle last season. He missed a few late in the year when everything was going down hill for the entire team. It was his worst few weeks in his career in Buffalo. I can't truly blame him, most games were in bad conditions. The opponents were making kicks, he wasn't. But besides the few weeks last year, he's been almost perfect for us.

As for yesterday's game, the conditions were crazy. And it was a long kick. Blaming Lindell for that miss is just stupid IMO.

BertSquirtgum
10-19-2009, 07:31 PM
whose foot kicked the ball? lindell? yeah i'm pretty sure it was him. he was the one to blame. although dick pussing out like in the cleveland game last year did not help. do you remember what mora said about his kicker(olindo mare) when he two missed field goals that cost them the game? he's on the team to make field goals, period.

TacklingDummy
10-19-2009, 07:50 PM
whose foot kicked the ball? lindell? yeah i'm pretty sure it was him. he was the one to blame. although dick pussing out like in the cleveland game last year did not help. do you remember what mora said about his kicker(olindo mare) when he two missed field goals that cost them the game? he's on the team to make field goals, period.

Just like the main blame for the Giants Super Bowl loss is on Norwoods foot.

Dr. Lecter
10-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Just like the main blame for the Giants Super Bowl loss is on Norwoods foot.

Not to anybody that watched the game.

The main blame can fall on many places, but Norwood is way down the list.

JD
10-19-2009, 08:33 PM
He actually makes more than he misses. His field goal percentage has been far above average over the length of his career.

Yes, but under pressure? I remember him missing a field goal under 40 yards and 103.3 the edge invited people out to kick 35 yard field goals or something.. a few years ago but still. When a games on the line, I don't want Lindell as my kicker.

..btw, he "makes more than he misses" because this team can't score a touchdown to save their lives so we settle for chip shots.

JD
10-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Since 2007,

Lindell is 17 for 26 on Field Goals between 40-49 yards (65%)
and
3 for 6 on kicks 50-54 yards (50%)

Oaf
10-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Honestly, if that 3rd down was a pass and it led to a sack or a fumble or a pick can you imagine what this place would be like?

The whole of I-94 would have your hate on it.

Van pelt, not Jauron, makes the safe call in the situation that has lost us games against Dallas among others. We run for a yard and keep possession for a makeable FG, and JAURON, not Van Pelt, gets blasted for it? With Fitz barely staying alive in the pocket and completing less than half his passes with SEVEN overall picks in the game with 20 mph gusts, how could you possibly 100% justify dropping back and throwing it at that point?

Oaf
10-19-2009, 09:16 PM
46 yards into the wind is no gimme. Dick's idiot playcalling didn't do him any favors, either. But he redeemed himself, and I'm happy for him.
Dick doesn't call individual plays if you haven't figured it out yet. And if you're going to get on him for not being aggressive in a 8 turnover game in gusty conditions while your already in FG range, well that's your prerogative.

Griff
10-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Two notes:

its reasons like these that we never got close enough in the Cleveland game last year. Sometimes you have to take chances.