PDA

View Full Version : Let's not start the Fitzpatrick bandwagon!!

northernbillfan
10-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Let's stay true to TE or not...

Crisis
10-18-2009, 07:17 PM
fitzpatrick was AWFUL. the jets handed us this game.

X-Era
10-18-2009, 07:18 PM

He looked really bad but did enough to win.

Trent was 5 for 5 before he went out. When he comes back, hes the starter.

LooneyBin
10-18-2009, 07:18 PM

I've lost count of how many games the bills have handed away. It's about time we accepted a hand.

DMBcrew36
10-18-2009, 07:19 PM
So was the no-huddle the problem? I don't understand. How can Trent looks so terrible the last few games, and then come out making plays?

Crisis
10-18-2009, 07:20 PM
I've lost count of how many games the bills have handed away. It's about time we accepted a hand.

we didn't accept it the first 4 times they handed us the game, but we reluctantly took it at the end.

Canadian'eh!
10-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Fitz was brutally inaccurate.

LooneyBin
10-18-2009, 07:23 PM
we didn't accept it the first 4 times they handed us the game, but we reluctantly took it at the end.

The pats, saints and browns handed us the game? I thought we handed out those games?

Luisito23
10-18-2009, 07:24 PM
I don't understand. How can Trent looks so terrible the last few games, and then come out making plays?

When was he making plays??..He was 5/5 but it was only because he was having his typical dump game...Fitz was bad also, but it was his first start, and he did put us in a position to win the game, also I noticed that Van Pelt opened up the playbook a lot more with him in there.

Ebenezer
10-18-2009, 07:24 PM
The pats, saints and browns handed us the game? I thought we handed out those games?
think he meant the first four times the Jets handed it to us.

Crisis
10-18-2009, 07:25 PM
the jets...between palmer missing pick 6, botched fieldgoal snap, the dumb penalties they took, not to mention sanchez being sanchez.

Sypher
10-18-2009, 07:25 PM

Yea, but Buffalo sent it back to the kitchen for more cooking.

DMBcrew36
10-18-2009, 07:26 PM
When was he making plays??..He was 5/5 but it was only because he was having his typical dump game...Fitz was bad also, but it was his first start, and he did put us in a position to win the game, also I noticed that Van Pelt opened up the playbook a lot more with him in there.

True, but Edwards was at least making those passes. I feel like he was missing those simple passes the past two weeks. We were actually moving the chains (mostly thanks to Lynch) before Edwards got hurt.

BillsWin
10-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Our defense looked pretty good though for most of the game. They gave up a few big runs though.

Crisis
10-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Our defense looked pretty good though for most of the game. They gave up a few big runs though.

if the jets had an NFL quarterback we lose by 20+

Mahdi
He looked really bad but did enough to win.

Trent was 5 for 5 before he went out. When he comes back, hes the starter.
Ya 5-5 for 48 yards is insane. Trent cant get the ball in the endzone and thats how u actually win games.

Fitz with a full week of practice is an upgrade.

LooneyBin
the jets...between palmer missing pick 6, botched fieldgoal snap, the dumb penalties they took, not to mention sanchez being sanchez.

You're right.

Nighthawk
10-18-2009, 07:29 PM

What the hell were you watching??? This team looks like it always looks...BAD!

Borosai
10-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Fitzpatrick wasn't great, but one thing I noticed is that he's not afraid to squeeze the ball into tight places. Sure, that can lead to turnovers, but you can't play it safe all the time.

Mitchell55
10-18-2009, 07:30 PM
For the 1st game in his career as a bill he did decent. Had a good 5 or 6 throws that Trent couldnt of dreamed of making.

Nighthawk
10-18-2009, 07:31 PM
For the 1st game in his career as a bill he did decent. Had a good 5 or 6 throws that Trent couldnt of dreamed of making.

No, no he wasn't...he was putrid, but Sanchez was worse and handed the Bills the game.

DMBcrew36
10-18-2009, 07:32 PM

Not throws that Trent couldn't physically make, but throws that he is too afraid to try or too hesitant to complete.

DMBcrew36
10-18-2009, 07:33 PM
I guess for those who want Fitz, you should hope that the Bills take the safe route and allow Trent to take the next two weeks to get his concussion squared away.

Crisis
10-18-2009, 07:34 PM
the fans who want fitz to start are the same ones who seem to be content with 7-9.

mediocrity shouldn't be accepted.

and i'm not even bringing edwards up in this...but fitz is nothing more than a game managing backup.

Al the Bills Fan
10-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Neither one of these guys is "the guy"... we need to draft a QB (again!!!) or sign a FA

Demon

Fitzpatrick was awful. Under threw tons of passes and most of his throws were too low. I guess you can't truly judge him based on this game because he was "thrown into the fire" so to speak, i guess with a entire week of work with the first team we'll see how different he is next week but i wasn't impressed at all with him today. He sucked with the Bengals last year with Henry, Ocho Cinco and TJ as WR's. I'm surprised he didn't throw more INTs.

Griff

rofl, the only thing worse than DJs coaching is your posting

Crisis
10-18-2009, 07:36 PM
i am officially off the trent edwards bandwagon though. another concussion, neither have been his fault, but he's probably damaged goods at this point. i dont think hes even recovered from the last one mentally.

Griff
10-18-2009, 07:36 PM
Neither one of these guys is "the guy"... we need to draft a QB (again!!!) or sign a FA

no we need to get rid of DJ and fix the Oline, until these things happen it doesn't matter who the QB is, because you all will blame him in 10 starts and call for a replacement.

Al the Bills Fan
10-18-2009, 07:38 PM
i am officially off the trent edwards bandwagon though. another concussion, neither have been his fault, but he's probably damaged goods at this point. i dont think hes even recovered from the last one mentally.

EXACTLY!!! No one wants TE to succeed more then I do but I think if he doesn't play well in his first few games back...he's done

Al the Bills Fan
10-18-2009, 07:40 PM
no we need to get rid of DJ and fix the Oline, until these things happen it doesn't matter who the QB is, because you all will blame him in 10 starts and call for a replacement.

Please don't include me in the "you all" It is a given that the lines need to be fixed. You think a new coach is gonna come in and keep TE? absolutely not!!! He will bring someone in

Griff
10-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Please don't include me in the "you all" It is a given that the lines need to be fixed. You think a new coach is gonna come in and keep TE? absolutely not!!! He will bring someone in

why not you're one of the people that has turned on Trent, despite the glaring needs that trump a change in QB.

Philagape
10-18-2009, 08:04 PM

Maybe this one will fix him, like whacking the TV

:jk:

BillsWin
10-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Fitz took some risks. That final throw to Evans that was called back was a beautiful throw. He came in cold. If Edwards is out I still think we can beat an equally hapless Carolina team with a good defensive effort.

TacklingDummy
10-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Fitz can do it.

Canadian'eh!
10-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Fitz took some risks. That final throw to Evans that was called back was a beautiful throw. He came in cold. If Edwards is out I still think we can beat an equally hapless Carolina team with a good defensive effort.

So, apparently he never got warmed up the whole game?

SeatownBillsFan21
10-18-2009, 08:18 PM
I think its a push either way at this point it dont really matter who starts at QB

Demon
10-18-2009, 08:21 PM

I was off the wagon long before you, but you're right. The Edwards pre and post concussion from the Arizona game are mind boggling, and i really think there is a correlation between that hit. He's a different player now. I can't imagine what type of player he'll be now after his 2nd concussion and 1 big hit away from having to retire from the game.

justasportsfan
10-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Fitz made throws i haven't seem trent throw in years. When he threaded that ball to reed. Trent wished he could do that.

Na. Give Fitz the snaps in practice and he will do better. He already looked better than Trent. All of a sudden our wr's are alive with Fitz even though Fitz wasn't all that.Fitz was doing something Trent hasn't done in a long time "HIT WRS IN STRIDE"

Maybe this will light the fire under Trents arse.

northernbillfan
10-18-2009, 08:38 PM
the fans who want fitz to start are the same ones who seem to be content with 7-9.

mediocrity shouldn't be accepted.

and i'm not even bringing edwards up in this...but fitz is nothing more than a game managing backup.My thoughts exactly

BuffaloBlitz83
10-18-2009, 08:40 PM
I was scared everytime Fitz threw the ball. And he almost cost us the game with the awful Int on Evans pass. There was a reason why we weren't throwing the ball at all.

DMBcrew36
10-18-2009, 08:45 PM
I would like to see them sit Trent next Sunday for the sake of his concussion and so that he may watch Fitz. Sometimes stepping back, and stepping away and not playing for a bit helps you to clear your head. Edwards needs to hit the reset button. I'd then put Edwards in for the following game.

Of course, it's not my decision and no matter what we do, we still got a 2nd rate QB behind center, and we still have Jauron as coach. F**K.

Griff
10-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Fitz made throws i haven't seem trent throw in years. When he threaded that ball to reed. Trent wished he could do that.

Na. Give Fitz the snaps in practice and he will do better. He already looked better than Trent. All of a sudden our wr's are alive with Fitz even though Fitz wasn't all that.Fitz was doing something Trent hasn't done in a long time "HIT WRS IN STRIDE"

rofl, were you hit in the head after week 2?

DMBcrew36
10-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Edwards started to go bad after he had that concussion against the Cardinals last season. Maybe this concussion will reverse the effects of the first one. Wouldn't that be awesome? Hmm :(

justasportsfan
10-18-2009, 08:51 PM
rofl, were you hit in the head after week 2?

you're most likely on drugs.

Again, Fitz didn't look good but he was just as bad as trent without having snaps with the 1st team

Griff
10-18-2009, 08:55 PM
you're most likely on drugs.

Again, Fitz didn't look good but he was just as bad as trent without having snaps with the 1st team

rofl

10/24 116 1TD/1INT =/= 5/5 43

I know your type is easily distracted by throwing the ball down field, but just like JP proved that doesn't mean you're going to win.

Owen DeBoard
10-18-2009, 08:57 PM

I agree. Fitz got the ball out quick to the WRs. He used the 3 step drop the way you are suppose to. Trent has some kind of problem getting the ball out quick to the WRs. I really dont think that Trent would have made that same TD throw to Evans like Fitz did. This team needs a new coach and qb after this season.

Owen DeBoard
10-18-2009, 08:59 PM
rofl

I know your type is easily distracted by throwing the ball down field, but just like JP proved that doesn't mean you're going to win.
How was Trents numbers last week by a completely worse D and he was playing at home on top of that? He couldnt even score a TD against the worst D in the league last weak and now that is saying something.

justasportsfan
10-18-2009, 09:00 PM
rofl

I don't care what the stats are. He hasn't had snaps with the 1st team. I don't care if you throw the ball down field or 5-20 yards. Just throw it and let your wrs make a play. Thats what he did and thats not what Trent did the last few games. I'm almost sure our wrs would rather have Fitz throw the ball.

Thats what Flutie did, he just threw the ball. People like you probably loved Rob Johnson. He is this franchise most accurate player. Now go sniff glue griff and dream of Trent all you want.

Griff
10-18-2009, 09:01 PM
How was Trents numbers last week by a completely worse D and he was playing at home on top of that? He couldnt even score a TD against the worst D in the league last weak and now that is saying something.

rofl last week was last week. This week he was doing well against the Jets. But I guess comparing apples to apples (the same defense) would just ruin your hate-a-thon.

justasportsfan
10-18-2009, 09:02 PM
rofl last week was last week. This week he was doing well against the Jets. But I guess comparing apples to apples (the same defense) would just ruin your hate-a-thon.
doing well with what? 5-5? I want points but you can get a hard on with stats all you want.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-18-2009, 09:03 PM
I want Trent to start if he's healthy. There is no love fest. I just want the best QB out there. I am 100% for drafting a QB. But until then, Trent is our best chance to win.

Griff
10-18-2009, 09:04 PM
I don't care what the stats are. He hasn't had snaps with the 1st team. I don't care if you throw the ball down field or 5-20 yards. Just throw it and let your wrs make a play. Thats what he did and thats not what Trent did the last few games. I'm almost sure our wrs would rather have Fitz throw the ball.

Thats what Flutie did, he just threw the ball. People like you probably loved Rob Johnson. He is this franchise most accurate player. Now go sniff glue griff and dream of Trent all you want.

right because our WRs are known for making plays on balls, rofl, we have an undersized Lee Evans and a drop happy TO.

Yeah thats why I have a box of Flutie Flakes... naw I'll leave all the brain cell killing activities to you. After all if you had a brain to use your posts would actually make sense and be grounded in reality.

I love how you keep defending a 40% completion rate and an INT that should have cost us the game.

yordad
Griff, you most certainly are in love with your captain crunch.

Griff
doing well with what? 5-5? I want points but you can get a hard on with stats all you want.

haha yeah its trent's fault that the Oline was called for penalties. ROFL catch a clue clown.

Griff
10-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Griff, you most certainly are in love with your captain crunch.

thats rich coming from the biggest QB fanboy in board history, a guy who got perma banned from BBMB because he couldn't keep his crush on JP in his pants.

justasportsfan
10-18-2009, 09:06 PM
I want Trent to start if he's healthy. There is no love fest. I just want the best QB out there. I am 100% for drafting a QB. But until then, Trent is our best chance to win.
we'll never know who the best qb is out there until you have fitz take snaps with the 1st team. Wasn't fitz a better qb in preseason?

yordad
10-18-2009, 09:06 PM
I love how you keep defending a 40% completion rate and an INT that should have cost us the game.I love how you somehow prefer what Trent produced last week vs the leagues worse defense (after getting first team reps, of course).

justasportsfan
10-18-2009, 09:07 PM
haha yeah its trent's fault that the Oline was called for penalties. ROFL catch a clue clown.

maybe fitz is a better leader?

all I care about is that Fitz put point on the board by hitting wrs in stride.

justasportsfan
10-18-2009, 09:08 PM
thats rich coming from the biggest QB fanboy in board history, a guy who got perma banned from BBMB because he couldn't keep his crush on JP in his pants.
you sound like a trent fan boy yourself

Owen DeBoard
10-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Week in and week out Trent always has double didget completions but has no yards to show for those completions. He plays the try to stay in the game mentality instead of going for wins. He needs to learn how to use his WRs more. You aint never goin to win a game by checking it down all the time.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-18-2009, 09:10 PM
we'll never know who the best qb is out there until you have fitz take snaps with the 1st team. Wasn't fitz a better qb in preseason?

I saw enough of Fitz in St Louis and Cincinnati. I personally thought Hamdan was better than Fitz in preseason. I had a heart attack of every pass today. There were I believe 2 Picks and 3 near picks. I really thought we were going to lose after that OT pick. I am so happy we won!

Griff
10-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Week in and week out Trent always has double didget completions but has no yards to show for those completions. He plays the try to stay in the game mentality instead of going for wins. He needs to learn how to use his WRs more. You aint never goin to win a game by checking it down all the time.

yeah forcing the ball like Sanchez did is a much better map for victory...

justasportsfan
10-18-2009, 09:12 PM
I saw enough of Fitz in St Louis and Cincinnati. I personally thought Hamdan was better than Fitz in preseason. I had a heart attack of every pass today. There were I believe 2 Picks and 3 near picks. I really thought we were going to lose after that OT pick. I am so happy we won!
have you seen trent the last 3 games?

have you seen trent play in cold weather?

He doesn't have the zip that Fitz has and Fitz isn't even that good.

Griff
10-18-2009, 09:15 PM

rofl, thats classic, hey he was better against other second stringers, yep he's the cure.

Just ignore his career.

5-10-1

14 TDs/18 INTs, 4 rushing TDs, 14 fumbles.

Griff
10-18-2009, 09:15 PM
I love how you somehow prefer what Trent produced last week vs the leagues worse defense (after getting first team reps, of course).

I love how you forgot about all the false starts.

Griff
10-18-2009, 09:16 PM
have you seen trent the last 3 games?

have you seen trent play in cold weather?

He doesn't have the zip that Fitz has and Fitz isn't even that good.

did you see the first 2 games?

rofl your eye for football talent is about on par with Stevie Wonder's.

justasportsfan
10-18-2009, 09:16 PM
rofl, thats classic, hey he was better against other second stringers, yep he's the cure.

Just ignore his career.

5-10-1

14 TDs/18 INTs, 4 rushing TDs, 14 fumbles.
he also had 2nd and 3rd stringers as his supporters.

How about today? He put up 10 points vs. a better d and Trent can't beat the browns. DUH!

Owen DeBoard
10-18-2009, 09:17 PM
I love how you forgot about all the false starts.
False starts didnt happen in every play that game. I will agree that the O-line did cause us to lose that game as much as Trent did but Trent has to be a leader and make a play to beat the worst D in the league and he couldnt.

justasportsfan
10-18-2009, 09:18 PM
did you see the first 2 games?

rofl your eye for football talent is about on par with Stevie Wonder's.

I don't care about the first 2 games. Trent regressed since then. How bout the game vs. the browns which was more recent?

You're only as good as your last performance.

keep on lickin

Mike13
<!-- End Post Thank You Hack -->
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Fitz can do it..

Do what? Suck just as bad as Trent? He is an average backup at best.

Griff
he also had 2nd and 3rd stringers as his supporters.

How about today? He put up 10 points vs. a better d and Trent can't beat the browns. DUH!

rofl Trent was 5/5, and the Jets D is greatly overrated. Don't believe me? Ask Henne.

Griff
10-18-2009, 09:19 PM
I don't care about the first 2 games. You're only as good as your last performance.

keep on lickin

well guess that makes Trent's last performance perfect

keep on being tremendously ignorant.

justasportsfan
10-18-2009, 09:20 PM
rofl Trent was 5/5, and the Jets D is greatly overrated. Don't believe me? Ask Henne.

10 points beats 5-5 . Keep on lickin fanboy

Griff
10-18-2009, 09:20 PM
False starts didnt happen in every play that game. I will agree that the O-line did cause us to lose that game as much as Trent did but Trent has to be a leader and make a play to beat the worst D in the league and he couldnt.

you're right, Trent was bad, in that game, but guess what, with DJ and the Oline it doesn't matter who the QB is, and going with a worse QB will certainly not fix things. Unless you think a career loser is the way to go.

Griff
10-18-2009, 09:21 PM
10 points beats 5-5 . Keep on lickin fanboy

rofl Trent had what 1 whole possession?

But you're right being 5-10-1 is great Quarterbacking.

justasportsfan
10-18-2009, 09:23 PM
rofl Trent had what 1 whole possession?

But you're right being 5-10-1 is great Quarterbacking.

where did i say it was great qbing? I didn't now you're making stuff up .

not just one possession, how bout going back to the browns game too.

Keep on lickin

trapezeus
10-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Trents probably out next week. No need to argue. Trents not playing well. If people want to say that, it's true. If this is some way to cry over jp vs Trent, we've done that already. Both camps won't give up an inch.

yordad
10-18-2009, 09:28 PM
I love how you forgot about all the false starts.So, those false starts made it so that Trent had even worse passing stats?

Griff
10-18-2009, 09:31 PM
where did i say it was great qbing? I didn't now you're making stuff up .

not just one possession, how bout going back to the browns game too.

Keep on lickin

haha you're acting like Fitz is the cure for cancer, he's a back up and a career loser, oh wait I think I might have found out why you love him so much.

but keep on hating.

Griff
10-18-2009, 09:32 PM
So, those false starts made it so that Trent had even worse passing stats?

yeah when you're constantly being pushed back, it kills the run game and makes you one dimensional, making that one dimension easier to defend against. But this is football 101 so I wouldn't expect you to understand it.

TigerJ
10-18-2009, 09:46 PM
It is an understatement to say the quarterbacking in this game was not stellar. Edwards was 5 for 5, but all were the dink and dunk variety. Fitzpatrick's completion percentagewas just 40%. What can you say? You can't pick a starter based on performance in this game. It'll depend next week first of all on the severity of Edwards' concussion. If he's healthy, I presume you go with him as the starter, but he certainly didn't do anything to inspire confidence that he's going to be capable from this point on.

Griff
10-18-2009, 09:48 PM
It is ann understatement to say the quarterbacking in this game was not stellar. Edwards was 5 for 5, but all were the dink and dunk variety. Fitzpatrick's completion percentagewas under 40%. What can you say? You can't pick a starter based on performance in this game. It'll depend next week first of all on the severity of Edwards' concussion. If he's healthy, I presume you go with him as the starter, but he certainly didn't do anything to inspire confidence that he's going to be capable from this point on.

this is the most level headed post. Trent wasn't great but to give Fitz the starting job based on anything other than Trent's injury is crazy talk, and requires someone to completely ignore Fitz's career.

yordad
10-18-2009, 10:07 PM
yeah when you're constantly being pushed back, it kills the run game and makes you one dimensional, making that one dimension easier to defend against. But this is football 101 so I wouldn't expect you to understand it.Is that why they ran more then they passed? Or is the long yards the reason he averaged less then 5 yards per pass?

yordad
10-18-2009, 10:08 PM
this is the most level headed post. Trent wasn't great but to give Fitz the starting job based on anything other than Trent's injury is crazy talk, and requires someone to completely ignore Fitz's career.Apparently you've ignored Edwards career.

justasportsfan
10-18-2009, 10:41 PM
haha you're acting like Fitz is the cure for cancer, he's a back up and a career loser, oh wait I think I might have found out why you love him so much.

but keep on hating.
you know when a post is stupid when you keep attempting to post things I didn't say. Where did I say Fitz was the cure? I didn't.

Keep your tongue up Trents arse.

Griff
10-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Apparently you've ignored Edwards career.

yeah I was too busy being blinded by how much JP sucked that Trent's mediocre play was like a bright morning star. But no you're a good judge of talent though.

Griff
10-18-2009, 11:11 PM
you know when a post is stupid when you keep attempting to post things I didn't say. Where did I say Fitz was the cure? I didn't.

Keep your tongue up Trents arse.

no you just think that for some unexplainable reason that a career loser is somehow going to outplay Trent.

BillsWin
10-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Trent sucks, Fitz sucks. What do we do? :idunno:

Griff
10-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Trent sucks, Fitz sucks. What do we do? :idunno:

stick with Trent until the coach and Oline is gone, trade him and pick up a vet, then draft someone.

Dr. Pepper
10-19-2009, 03:22 AM
"I don't know if I could play any worse," a dejected Sanchez said. "It was totally my fault and I owe these guys a lot."

wish trent had the balls to say something like that after games he ruined for us.

Dujek
10-19-2009, 03:32 AM
I have no idea where all the Fitzpatrick love is coming from.

Criticisms of Edwards so far this year: He doesn't hit his WRs and he's been inaccurate. Well, for the limited action he saw he was 5/5 and hit Evans twice and Owens once.

Fitzpatrick had one great throw, the laser between three defenders to Josh Reed. The TD was all down to Evans, and quite frankly I'd have made that pass with the amount of time Fitz had and the amount of separation Evans got. Other than that he was worse than awful, with the Bills' only saving grace being the fact that Sanchez thought the Jets were playing in white.

Edwards is not a great QB, but he's definitely better than Fitzpatrick.

Crisis
10-19-2009, 03:34 AM
the only people clamoring for fitz are the ones who still think losman should be starting at qb

Block "O"
10-19-2009, 03:39 AM
Start Fitzy....Edwards sucks!!!

(so does fitzpatrick, but not as much)

X-Era
10-19-2009, 06:00 AM
This just in:

THEY BOTH SUCK!

Start the healthy guy and when they both are healthy, flip a coin.

QB, LB, OT, DL... weve got picks in next years draft and were gonna need em.

justasportsfan
10-19-2009, 08:44 AM
the only people clamoring for fitz are the ones who still think losman should be starting at qb

Lee Evans most likely agrees with you.

SABURZFAN
10-19-2009, 08:46 AM
i'd rather have Hamdan out there than Fitz. i think outplayed Fitz in preseason.

trapezeus
10-19-2009, 09:59 AM

So you know what Lee Evans thinks? This one of the things you always call people out on. That they couldn't possibly know what is going on in the lockerroom. Now you know Lee Evans thought process.

TigerJ
10-19-2009, 11:51 AM
i'd rather have Hamdan out there than Fitz. i think outplayed Fitz in preseason. At this point there wouldn't be any great harm in starting Hamdan. I suppose the worst that could happen is we might find out this team doesn't have an NFL QB.

justasportsfan
10-19-2009, 11:54 AM
So you know what Lee Evans thinks? This one of the things you always call people out on. That they couldn't possibly know what is going on in the lockerroom. Now you know Lee Evans thought process.
I said, most likely. What wr doesn't want to be thrown to? What wr doesn't want the ball? What wr doesn't want a chance to make a play?

I know you want to blame the wrs for Trents problems but with someone other than Trent, Evans looked like a no.1 again.

trapezeus
10-19-2009, 12:33 PM
I was just saying you said something that you normally hate hearing.

and i personally now think that there is no need to argue about the QB position. i don't think trent's coming back anytime soon. Fitz looked pretty innaccurate and even weaker armed then trent. He loooked like he was really winding up to throw some of those passes and they still ened up short.

Perhaps it was not getting first team reps...let's hope that's the case.

and to placate you justa, of the 5 passes trent made, 2 were check downs.

SABURZFAN
10-19-2009, 12:38 PM
yeah when you're constantly being pushed back, it kills the run game and makes you one dimensional, making that one dimension easier to defend against. But this is football 101 so I wouldn't expect you to understand it.

:lmao:

justasportsfan
10-19-2009, 12:39 PM
I was just saying you said something that you normally hate hearing.

and i personally now think that there is no need to argue about the QB position. i don't think trent's coming back anytime soon. Fitz looked pretty innaccurate and even weaker armed then trent. He loooked like he was really winding up to throw some of those passes and they still ened up short.

Perhaps it was not getting first team reps...let's hope that's the case.

and to placate you justa, of the 5 passes trent made, 2 were check downs.

I normally point that out when someone says it like it's bible without having any basis for it. I'm not saying that Lee most likely wants Fitz exactly throwing to him but anyone who is willing to take a chance on him.

I still remain, I think Trent will be a good qb someday but not here , not with Dick. No qb will ever suceed with Dicks philosophy.

Griff
10-19-2009, 09:34 PM
No personal attacks. Post edited.

Start Fitzy....Edwards sucks!!!

(so does fitzpatrick, but not as much)

no message.

Griff
10-19-2009, 09:36 PM

yeah because with JP he didn't have to learn how to run a route. Lee is pretty one dimensional.

Griff
10-19-2009, 09:37 PM
I have no idea where all the Fitzpatrick love is coming from.

Criticisms of Edwards so far this year: He doesn't hit his WRs and he's been inaccurate. Well, for the limited action he saw he was 5/5 and hit Evans twice and Owens once.

Fitzpatrick had one great throw, the laser between three defenders to Josh Reed. The TD was all down to Evans, and quite frankly I'd have made that pass with the amount of time Fitz had and the amount of separation Evans got. Other than that he was worse than awful, with the Bills' only saving grace being the fact that Sanchez thought the Jets were playing in white.

Edwards is not a great QB, but he's definitely better than Fitzpatrick.

this is all I've been trying to say, but apparently that makes me a licker

trapezeus
10-19-2009, 10:32 PM
i think Trent is the better QB of the two qb's.

that being said, Trents checkdowns have become so maddening that you kind of enjoy the fact that weak armed Fitzpatrick at least attempts to go longer.

I thought fitzpatrick threw the ball with a lot of effort to move it very few yards. he was terribly inaccurate, however, you love the fact that he had a short memory and just kept going back at it.

Griff
10-19-2009, 11:06 PM

that being said, Trents checkdowns have become so maddening that you kind of enjoy the fact that weak armed Fitzpatrick at least attempts to go longer.

I thought fitzpatrick threw the ball with a lot of effort to move it very few yards. he was terribly inaccurate, however, you love the fact that he had a short memory and just kept going back at it.

I would've preferred he completed a pass, and didn't throw that OT INT. We don't need JP 2.0

Block "O"
10-20-2009, 05:11 AM
I would've preferred he completed a pass, and didn't throw that OT INT. We don't need JP 2.0

Isn't that Trent Edwards?

yordad
10-20-2009, 08:01 AM
Isn't that Trent Edwards?No Edwards is JP .5

justasportsfan
10-20-2009, 08:12 AM
yeah because with JP he didn't have to learn how to run a route. Lee is pretty one dimensional.
Did you see Lee catch that slant for a TD? Did you see Lee catch that ball that caught that was called an incompletion? UNder Trent even TO has become useless. When the facts are there and you insist it's the wrs, OL fault but Trent, you are a licker.

justasportsfan
10-20-2009, 08:14 AM

I can agree with this but not at the moment. When your qb's confidence is shut down , he affects everyone in the O. He makes this team one dimensional to dinks and dunks which won't do the run game any favors.

Until Trent gains his confidence back, he is hurting the O.

trapezeus
10-20-2009, 08:38 AM
i'll agree. I didn't think that Fitz was that impressive, but i liked that he kept going back to 10-15 yard pass plays. Part of me thinks that 2-3 weeks of film on him and people are going to pick him off like mad, but we'll see.

i really can't see trent coming back next week. even if he passes the concussion test, this is a great way for the coaches to "bench" trent and let him heal mentally and use the injury as an excuse.

I also think the coaches have to tell trent, "we were happy that fitz struggled with passes but kept going back to them. we know you have that. we'd rather see you force some passes to make some plays than take the small stuff."

justasportsfan
10-20-2009, 08:46 AM
i'll agree. I didn't think that Fitz was that impressive, but i liked that he kept going back to 10-15 yard pass plays. Part of me thinks that 2-3 weeks of film on him and people are going to pick him off like mad, but we'll see..

If teams know that Fitz is going to go deep when given the chance especially with 1 on 1 coverage on wither Lee or TO, it will open up the run. At least thats what I'm hoping for. With Trent though, 1 on 1 coverage on both wrs to him might as well be a triple coverage.

i really can't see trent coming back next week. even if he passes the concussion test, this is a great way for the coaches to "bench" trent and let him heal mentally and use the injury as an excuse... Bring in Jeff Garcia .

I also think the coaches have to tell trent, "we were happy that fitz struggled with passes but kept going back to them. we know you have that. we'd rather see you force some passes to make some plays than take the small stuff."
I think AVP told Trent this in the begining. "It's okay to make incompletions" , but Trent is hesitant to throw the ball .

Block "O"
10-21-2009, 11:35 PM
When can we start the Fitzpatrick bandwagon?

northernbillfan
10-21-2009, 11:51 PM
When can we start the Fitzpatrick bandwagon?We'll see how he does this week before we pass judgment.

Griff
10-22-2009, 12:08 PM
When can we start the Fitzpatrick bandwagon?

when he's able to win back to back games.

HHURRICANE
10-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Edwards is better than Fitzpatrick. Period. We would have won the game, probably by a larger margin, had Edwards not got hurt.

I watched Fitzpatrick play last year and people don't know what the hell they are talking about here.

Reich vs. Kelly. Same BS.

Block "O"
10-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Edwards is better than Fitzpatrick. Period. We would have won the game, probably by a larger margin, had Edwards not got hurt.

I watched Fitzpatrick play last year and people don't know what the hell they are talking about here.

Reich vs. Kelly. Same BS.

In fairness Frank Reich was way better than Fitzy or the Cali pansie.