PDA

View Full Version : This win is a loss for the fans.

Canadian'eh!
10-18-2009, 08:05 PM
I am more depressed right now than if we had lost.

Why? Not because I don't love it when the Bills win.

The problem is, we DESERVED to lose. We gave up over 200 rushing yards. We had 6 Picks and only scored 16 points.

Basically we only won because of a Jenkins injury, a Sanchez implosion, and a lot of bonehead OT penalties.

I didn't see ANYTHING that made me feel like this was a turning point in our season.

Jauron coached as badly as ever. Playing to make long field goals in high winds, instead of giving the kicker a chance by getting more yards. No real adjustments.

All we did was take one more step towards 7-9 and the ability for Ralph to try to Justify not firing Jauron again (it's not him it's the injuries!) and not pay him a buyout.

SO really.... this W, is an L for those fans who want to see some real commitment to winning.

BILLSROCK1212
10-18-2009, 08:08 PM

The problem is, we DESERVED to lose. We gave up over 200 rushing yards. We had 6 Picks and only scored 16 points.

Basically we only won because of a Jenkins injury, a Sanchez implosion, and a lot of bonehead OT penalties.

I didn't see ANYTHING that made me feel like this was a turning point in our season.

Jauron coached as badly as ever. Playing to make long field goals in high winds, instead of giving the kicker a chance by getting more yards. No real adjustments.

All we did was take one more step towards 7-9 and the ability for Ralph to try to Justify not firing Jauron again (it's not him it's the injuries!) and not pay him a buyout.

SO really.... this W, is an L for those fans who want to see some real commitment to winning.
only reason i LOVE this win is i don't have to hear it from Jets fans tomorrow living in down state NY and get to finally feel some pride....after this we can do w.e the heck we want as long as trent edwards isn't our QB

jdbillsfan
10-18-2009, 08:08 PM
I'll take what I can get at this point.

Jets lost, Sanchez sucks, Bills win. Good enough for me.

Mad Bomber
10-18-2009, 08:09 PM

The TiCats are a good team...stick with them.

Oldbillsfan
10-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Cheer up, its the first division win in more than a year. The 6 ints negated the 300 yards rushing. This team wont be 7-9, nothing to worry about. Not with this coaching staff.

Canadian'eh!
I'll take what I can get at this point.

Jet's lost, Sanchez sucks, Bills win. Good enough for me.

Great.... glad your'e both happy this week.... But as long as Jauron and those guys are around... i wouldn't get used to it. I'd trade a couple more weeks of agony for some CHANGE in the long run.

BuffaloBlitz83
Everyone expected us to lose by 14 or more. Not only did we not do that, we won! We were huge under dogs. We won, be happy. We aren't good yet we still won! We'll improve with coaching.

life of faith
10-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Welcome to the NFL where 80% of wins look ugly....140 of those rushing yards came off fluke long runs...

tampabay25690
10-18-2009, 08:13 PM
Who cares a win is a win.................
jets lost and the Bills win....

Canadian'eh!
10-18-2009, 08:13 PM
The TiCats are a good team...stick with them.

No they aren't.

You must be the guy who thinks "I know it's safer to use a condom, but it just feels so good without it"...... accept 9 months later....

Sorry for seeing the bigger picture.

Canadian'eh!
10-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Welcome to the NFL where 80% of wins look ugly....140 of those rushing yards came off fluke long runs...
FLUKE long runs?

LOL.

tampabay25690
10-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Great.... glad your'e both happy this week.... But as long as Jauron and those guys are around... i wouldn't get used to it. I'd trade a couple more weeks of agony for some CHANGE in the long run.

He is gone after this season and there will be a new regime, it wont happen till the end of this season though..

T-Long
10-18-2009, 08:15 PM
We beat the ****ing JETS! AND...got the monkey off our back about losing another divisional game. ENJOY IT FOR ONCE

Canadian'eh!
10-18-2009, 08:16 PM
We beat the ****ing JETS! AND...got the monkey off our back about losing another divisional game. ENJOY IT FOR ONCE

I'd enjoy a playoff game.

I'm sick and ****ing tired of moral victories.

Canadian'eh!
10-18-2009, 08:17 PM
He is gone after this season and there will be a new regime, it wont happen till the end of this season though..

I thought the same last year.

Syderick
10-18-2009, 08:20 PM
We can cheer for a win now. He won't be getting fired in season, and we're likely not going to get to the playoffs. But Jauron is getting fired at the end of the season.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-18-2009, 08:21 PM
I got to say im happy we won this coaching staff is not going anywhere till 2010 its been a while since we had a division game where we won so be happy i know i will be.

Vampire Baby
10-18-2009, 08:21 PM
To the OP you shouldn't feel so bad about it.

The Bills won an important division game and embarrassed the Jets in front of their fans.

That wasn't the knockout punch to the Jets but their legs are wobbly. Trust me.

Enjoy the win.

Canadian'eh!
10-18-2009, 08:24 PM
We can cheer for a win now. He won't be getting fired in season, and we're likely not going to get to the playoffs. But Jauron is getting fired at the end of the season.

How do you know this?

Some people think Ralph would do just about anything to avoid having to buy him out. If we win 6-7 game s maybe he'll say it was injuries?

I couldn't believe he was kept LAST year.....

DMBcrew36
10-18-2009, 08:31 PM
I don't know if I like enjoying a win JUST because I can stuff it down the throats of the arrogant opposing fans, though Jets fans deserved this after annointing Sanchez the best ever. I still kindof wanted a loss to keep the heat on Jauron.

The worst thing ever would be if the Bills play decent enough to keep Jauron after this season. Or if Edwards plays ok enough to keep his job. I would explode.

topher180
10-18-2009, 08:31 PM

You're so dead on it almost brings a tear to my eye dude.

All this does is perpetuate mediocrity and underachievement, and frankly, after the kind of posts I saw after last week, I am surprised even the most optimistic fan on this board would argue otherwise. Great, so we are marching on to what? A lower draft pick and supposed justification for ineptitude (like injuries) for this coaching staff?

Yuck.

Michael82
10-18-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm enjoying this because it's our first win since week 2. It's also a game that we normally lose. Plus I know quite a bit of annoying Jets fans that now I can laugh at. Their team is falling apart and the QB that they annointed as the second coming is extremely overrated and looks like another Losman. Plus their great head coach didn't look any better than our crappy coach.

Canadian'eh!
10-18-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm enjoying this because it's our first win since week 2. It's also a game that we normally lose. Plus I know quite a bit of annoying Jets fans that now I can laugh at. Their team is falling apart and the QB that they annointed as the second coming is extremely overrated and looks like another Losman. Plus their head coach actually got outcoached by our crappy coach.

Seriously?

I could almost agree until that comment.

How was he "outcoached"? I doubt Rex Ryan told Sanchez to throw the ball to us 5 times.

Jauron's team won the game... but it had nothing to do with "outcoaching" Ryan.

Michael82
10-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Seriously?

I could almost agree until that comment.

How was he "outcoached"? I doubt Rex Ryan told Sanchez to throw the ball to us 5 times.

Jauron's team won the game... but it had nothing to do with "outcoaching" Ryan.
okay, maybe not outcoached, but he seemed to coach just as bad as Jauron did. They were playing a chess match on how to get a tie game. :rofl:

ParanoidAndroid
10-18-2009, 08:45 PM

I don't suppose you feel like giving any credit to the defense for picking off 5 Sanchez passes.

There is no excuse for giving up 2 huge running plays, but overall, the defense played well.

A better O-line and better QB play would have made this game a blowout IMHO.

Michael82
10-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Oh yeah...almost forgot. You should change your avatar to this, Canadian'eh!

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs204.snc1/7128_154593382792_154590007792_3154621_8088866_n.jpg

Canadian'eh!
10-18-2009, 08:54 PM
I don't suppose you feel like giving any credit to the defense for picking off 5 Sanchez passes.

There is no excuse for giving up 2 huge running plays, but overall, the defense played well.

We gave up over 300 yards rushing.... even if you take the 2 longest out, we still gave up 200. That's not good D.

1 sack in the game
No fumbles recovered

another 8 penalties

0/2 in the redzone
30% on 3rd down

another ST fumble turnover.

We did a lot of things wrong in all 3 phases.

The secondary played well.

Ingtar33
10-18-2009, 09:04 PM
I'll take the win happily.

we're not going 0-6 in the AFCE this year. that's a win in my book.

T-Long
10-18-2009, 09:07 PM
I'd enjoy a playoff game.

I'm sick and ****ing tired of moral victories.

Come on Chris, this isn't a moral victory. A moral victory is when you play your ass off and still lose. This game was shaping up for us to lose like we ALWAYS do and we pulled it out. Hey, I want Jauron fired as much as anybody, but for once I got to cheer on my team and enjoy a hard earned victory. We haven't won a divisional game since 2007!!!! As soon as Trent got injured, we all realized that Jauron will now stay on the entire season because he will get the "injury" pass.

imbondz
10-18-2009, 09:25 PM
it's ******ed to ever complain about a division win when you're 1-4!

DraftBoy
10-18-2009, 09:28 PM
I feel great about this win! As I do about every win!

GO BILLS!

Billz_fan
10-18-2009, 09:59 PM
This was bound to happen. Just enjoy the win guys. In the big scheme of things it's not going to have any effect.

This game was such an obvious blowout we shoulda known the opposite might happen. Also we (fans) have put the Bills on the hot seat. With all the *****ing and billboards etc they stepped up a little today. It was barely enough but they got it done. We stepped on there pride a little and they to a degree responded. They all know about the fanbase calling for Dicks head and the billboard etc.

All in all we may have helped them win :D I know they still didn't play very well at all but luckily the Jets didn't show up today.

Enjoy a win, I need 2 more wins for my 4-12 to come true :D

Mr. Pink
10-19-2009, 01:07 AM
Winning is a good thing. It brings a mentality to players who will still be here after Jauron is fired. And will HOPEFULLY get them into a winning frame of mind for now and the future.

The Win sets nothing back. Jauron is likely not gonna do enough to keep his job. He will likely be fired in the offseason. Someone else from outside the organization will likely be hired. Then that someone else will again likely take the fall from people above him who set him up to fail.

The real problem that this team has isn't Dick Jauron, period. Its Russ Brandon. It's John Guy. Who's the one constant through the TD years til now? Tom Modrak. Tom Modrak is the NUMBER ONE, without a question no doubt in my mind, reason why we absolutely SUCK.

I mean SUCK to the point where if the 1999 Cleveland Browns suited up and played a game against the Bills, they'd win.

They'd win today, they'd win last year, they'd win 7 years ago.

That's how poor the talent on this team is.

Who's the one constant in picking talent since the playoffless drought? Tom Modrak.

Nothing changes til the guys at the top are replaced, period. Vince Lombardi himself doesn't turn this roster into a playoff team. Paul Brown doesn't turn this team into even a contender. And Bill Belichick if he got his second coaching stint in the NFL here isn't even on an NFL coaching staff anymore.

Canadian'eh!
10-19-2009, 08:37 AM
Winning is a good thing. It brings a mentality to players who will still be here after Jauron is fired. And will HOPEFULLY get them into a winning frame of mind for now and the future.

The Win sets nothing back. Jauron is likely not gonna do enough to keep his job. He will likely be fired in the offseason. Someone else from outside the organization will likely be hired. Then that someone else will again likely take the fall from people above him who set him up to fail.

The real problem that this team has isn't Dick Jauron, period. Its Russ Brandon. It's John Guy. Who's the one constant through the TD years til now? Tom Modrak. Tom Modrak is the NUMBER ONE, without a question no doubt in my mind, reason why we absolutely SUCK.

I mean SUCK to the point where if the 1999 Cleveland Browns suited up and played a game against the Bills, they'd win.

They'd win today, they'd win last year, they'd win 7 years ago.

That's how poor the talent on this team is.

Who's the one constant in picking talent since the playoffless drought? Tom Modrak.

Nothing changes til the guys at the top are replaced, period. Vince Lombardi himself doesn't turn this roster into a playoff team. Paul Brown doesn't turn this team into even a contender. And Bill Belichick if he got his second coaching stint in the NFL here isn't even on an NFL coaching staff anymore.

While I agree the managament is just a big an issue... Jauron is a pretty huge factor in our suckiness.

Canadian'eh!
10-19-2009, 08:38 AM
This was bound to happen. Just enjoy the win guys. In the big scheme of things it's not going to have any effect.

This game was such an obvious blowout we shoulda known the opposite might happen. Also we (fans) have put the Bills on the hot seat. With all the *****ing and billboards etc they stepped up a little today. It was barely enough but they got it done. We stepped on there pride a little and they to a degree responded. They all know about the fanbase calling for Dicks head and the billboard etc.

All in all we may have helped them win :D I know they still didn't play very well at all but luckily the Jets didn't show up today.

Enjoy a win, I need 2 more wins for my 4-12 to come true :D

I keep wanting to believe that Jauron is a definite goner.... but until I actually hear it announced, I will worry that Ralph will find some way to avoid paying him a buyout.

SABURZFAN
10-19-2009, 08:51 AM

i don't think The Old Fart is going to fire Jauron anyways. the Bills should have lost. giving up 318 yards rushing is just brutal. Thomas Jones was just running on the defense like a madman and i just shook my head and said, "how the hell did we win?"

Philagape
10-19-2009, 09:17 AM

A mediocre QB performance for the Jets would have made the game a loss.

Jan Reimers
10-19-2009, 09:20 AM
I will never root for the Bills to lose, whether it gets the coach fired or not. I just cannot bring myself to do it.

justasportsfan
10-19-2009, 09:23 AM
THe bills are damned if they win, damned if they lose.

I'll take this win.

madness
10-19-2009, 09:29 AM
I love it when the Bills win. I love it even more when a Bills win pisses somebody off.

Canadian'eh!
10-19-2009, 10:24 AM
i don't think The Old Fart is going to fire Jauron anyways. the Bills should have lost. giving up 318 yards rushing is just brutal. Thomas Jones was just running on the defense like a madman and i just shook my head and said, "how the hell did we win?"

Man you said. Along with the QB commetn from Phiagape. If they committed to running even more, OR Sanchez hadn't been HORRID, that game was a loss.

We didn't win it as much as the Jets lost it.

Canadian'eh!
10-19-2009, 10:29 AM
I will never root for the Bills to lose, whether it gets the coach fired or not. I just cannot bring myself to do it.

There was a time i felt this way as well. But I can't do that anymore. I'm sick of cheering for a losing team that is going nowhere. Last year was the last straw for me "hoping for the best"

I know 100% in my heart that this team needs a MAJOR overhaul, and if that means hoping for individual losses to get that to happen, then so be it.

Had the Bills come out and dominated, maybe i'd be happier that maybe they are turning it around. But an ugly win that was handed to us when most of our same problems were still evident?

Changes nothing to me.

I want a Buffalo Bills team to cheer for thatis a legitimate threat to do something... not more marketing crap and inferior product.

It's like having a family member go to jail and thinking "well at least maybe this will straighten them out". You wish they weren't so messed up to begin with, but you realzie somtimes they need something really bad to happen to change their lives around.

Lone Stranger
10-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Can you imagine what the Jet fans and reporters are saying today. Fire RYan!!!!

Canadian'eh!
10-19-2009, 10:37 AM
I think they know they jumped the gun.

The team will be ok in the long run... but they just aren't there yet. Sanchez is raw.

DesertFox24
10-19-2009, 10:54 AM
I think they know they jumped the gun.

The team will be ok in the long run... but they just aren't there yet. Sanchez is raw.

Will they, they have 5 sacks through 6 games, and that was supposed to be the MO.

Hey man love the jets and other teams all you want but if you are a fan you have to feel good about a win, how many ugly wins have we been on the wrong side of,

Browns, Browns, Browns, Pats, Cowboys, Jets (6 games that we have been the loser of the ugly game).

Maybe this win is the win that sparks us to be able to compete again. Remember when we were 0-4 and then ended up being a playoff hopefull till we lost to the steelers in week 17.

Canadian'eh!
10-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Will they, they have 5 sacks through 6 games, and that was supposed to be the MO.

Hey man love the jets and other teams all you want but if you are a fan you have to feel good about a win, how many ugly wins have we been on the wrong side of,

Browns, Browns, Browns, Pats, Cowboys, Jets (6 games that we have been the loser of the ugly game).

Maybe this win is the win that sparks us to be able to compete again. Remember when we were 0-4 and then ended up being a playoff hopefull till we lost to the steelers in week 17.

We're on the wrong side of ugly wins because we are crappy team.

I have n love for the Jets thanks. I'm just saying that I didn't think they were allthat good this year to beign with, and despite some early success I think they are more of a 6-10 or 8-8 team at best this year.

Not enough talent. Sanchez is too raw.

DesertFox24
10-19-2009, 11:30 AM
I agree with your assessment on the jets.

However, I would rather see my team win any day of the week.

It just feels good on Monday knowing your team won a game, especially a road division game. It feels good to see our young line start to look like we might have something. Granted Jenkins made some plays but he does that to every OL. It feels good to see Poz make some key tackles and come up with that key pick. I know a lot of pessimist are saying it was a gift, well if he drops the gift and they punt we are probably backup inside our 10 instead of on the 40, so it was a huge play.

Hell I doubt we are a playoff team or even a 500 team for that matter but if by some miracle we are 9-7 or a playoff team then I would rather have that than be 3-13 with a new coach that wants to change everything up and thus rebuild for 3 more years, just to find out ralph hired the wrong guy yet again.

It also feels good to know we have a future star in Jarius Byrd in 4 starts he has 3 picks and had his hands on two more, one Fasano made a great play to prevent the pick and I forget the other one but he is a true ball hawk and a willing tackler hard to find these guys. Also this puts whitner at his best because he is better as a in the box tackler than a ball hawk and his leadership is good as well, especially with all the injuries.

DesertFox24
10-19-2009, 11:31 AM
It also feels good to know your team won when Peter King said they would lose 41-6. I can not stand that Pats, Red sox homer. I just want to punch him in the face every time I hear his voice.... It just has that "I just sucked Tom Brady off tone to it."

JD
10-19-2009, 02:03 PM
This organization is making it hard for me to care anymore. Maybe Ralph really is doing this on purpose so we DON'T care, so we don't buy tickets, so he can be like "look they don't care...SOLD!"