PDA

View Full Version : Has the Bills defense ever kept back to back opponents under 100 yards passing?

Ebenezer
10-18-2009, 08:19 PM
Anybody?

psubills62
10-18-2009, 08:20 PM
I don't know, but these past two games, despite going 1-1, is sure making our passing defense look TERRIFIC in the stats. That and the game against Brees.

Canadian'eh!
10-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Is it the coverage or the opposing QB's though?

Syderick
10-18-2009, 08:23 PM
It's kind of flawed, when the opponent rushes for over 150 yards. Still props up to the pass defense though.

Mad Bomber
10-18-2009, 08:25 PM
They kept them to 13 points.

Typ0
10-18-2009, 09:14 PM
so we hold them in passing and let them get 300 yards rushing. Great.

OpIv37
10-18-2009, 09:27 PM
A Bills D?

I don't know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if the 03 or 04 team did it, or even Wade's d.

A jauron d? Definitely not

Mr. Pink
10-19-2009, 01:33 AM

Drew Brees looked very pedestrian against us.

Tom Brady looked very pedestrian against us.

I don't think you can 100% blame the opposing QBs.

We've been fairly solid in pass defense, surprisingly.

Billz_fan
10-19-2009, 01:48 AM

Hey I see you used the new AV mikey showed you. You know that would make a good billboard message.

2000-2009 A decade of failure
The fans deserve better Mr Wilson.

Or something similar

Night Train
10-19-2009, 03:09 AM

It's the QB handing off to a RB that shreds us for 200 + yards. Hell, I could do that and throw 5 INT's coming off the couch.

Buffalogic
10-19-2009, 03:16 AM
If we had a competent qb, like any of the top 10 qbs in the league our team would be badass. It's a crime Evans doesn't get the ball more. If he was on a team like the steelers or the eagles he'd be going off big time every week.

Typ0
10-19-2009, 10:40 AM
I pretty much agree with you. It's so frustrating to watch this team struggle because of QB play...

If we had a competent qb, like any of the top 10 qbs in the league our team would be badass. It's a crime Evans doesn't get the ball more. If he was on a team like the steelers or the eagles he'd be going off big time every week.

justasportsfan
10-19-2009, 10:51 AM
this has been the best D so far since Dicks era. They have given the ball back to our O so many times this season only to have their efforts screwed by our O. Considering the injuries this D has taken, they've done one hell of a job.

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 10:56 AM
Perry Fewell for all the critcism he's deserved has done a hell of a job this year. He deserves a lot of credit.

Typ0
10-19-2009, 12:53 PM
I can't understand how at least some people can't get a little bit of a feeling that DJ might be a winner here if he could get some production out of the QB position. It just tears at me that it could be the case. Yeah, he chose TE I guess. But what's to say the boys upstairs aren't the ones calling the shots on who gets drafted and put on the team at the QB position. I know I've been clamoring for years now to put a guy in there who has proven he can play. It's the only way we're ever going to know how far off we really are. There just is no way you are going to have a QB go on the field and shoot down the team efforts and you are going to win. The QB doesn't have to be great (it would be nice though) but he can't play like crap either.

justasportsfan
10-19-2009, 01:02 PM
I can't understand how at least some people can't get a little bit of a feeling that DJ might be a winner here if he could get some production out of the QB position. It just tears at me that it could be the case. Yeah, he chose TE I guess. But what's to say the boys upstairs aren't the ones calling the shots on who gets drafted and put on the team at the QB position. I know I've been clamoring for years now to put a guy in there who has proven he can play. It's the only way we're ever going to know how far off we really are. There just is no way you are going to have a QB go on the field and shoot down the team efforts and you are going to win. The QB doesn't have to be great (it would be nice though) but he can't play like crap either.

It's his very own philosphy of playing not to lose thats killing him. He's in a division where one team will continue to run up the points on you even if they're 40 pts on top. He plays in a merciless division and playing nice isn't gonna cut it.

His biggest problem is that he's offensively clueless as a HC and is almost always at the mercy of the OC he hand picks himself to make the offense work.