PDA

View Full Version : Two questions

psubills62
10-18-2009, 08:23 PM
1) How did Edwards look before he had to leave? The stats make him look good, but do they lie?

2) How was Jamon Meredith at RT?

Canadian'eh!
10-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Trent was ok.... 1st drive was killed by more OL penalties. BUt not really enough plays to really judge.

Meredith was pretty good considering. Not dominant, but better than Scott at least. The line wasn't great in run blocking IMO. Average in pass blocking, but did do some good blitz pickups.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Jenkins being out, helped!

Demon
10-18-2009, 08:29 PM
I thought the line played their best game in weeks. Probably since the Tampa game. The run blocking was decent i thought and Fitz had some time on several plays. We tried to go deep and he wasn't hit too often at all. I also liked the blocking down field when we threw it short. All the talk is on Bryd and he deserves it, but i think Wood played great. And Levitre block on Jenkins was awesome too. It was a clean play on one of the top DT in the game and he totally over powered him and caused Jenkins to get injured.

I thought Meredith looked good. Nothing great but was decent. Better then i expected.

psubills62
10-18-2009, 08:35 PM
I thought the line played their best game in weeks. Probably since the Tampa game. The run blocking was decent i thought and Fitz had some time on several plays. We tried to go deep and he wasn't hit too often at all. I also liked the blocking down field when we threw it short. All the talk is on Bryd and he deserves it, but i think Wood played great. And Levitre block on Jenkins was awesome too. It was a clean play on one of the top DT in the game and he totally over powered him and caused Jenkins to get injured.

I thought Meredith looked good. Nothing great but was decent. Better then i expected.

I'm assuming none of the OL were hurt this game, which would help things tremendously if they could make it a couple of weeks without getting someone injured.

Thanks for the assessment, it did look as though Fitz had some time despite being harassed on one or two plays. Which, despite the Jets' low sacks totals, was pretty impressive imo.

Demon
10-18-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm assuming none of the OL were hurt this game, which would help things tremendously if they could make it a couple of weeks without getting someone injured.

Thanks for the assessment, it did look as though Fitz had some time despite being harassed on one or two plays. Which, despite the Jets' low sacks totals, was pretty impressive imo.

Bell seemed to injury his wrist/hand on the play which Edwards was knocked out on. The player who hit Bell didn't have any effect on Edwards getting injured, but if you look at the replay, Bell held his arm before Edwards was even hit and kept holding it for a while and was in pain. He stayed in the game though.

psubills62
10-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Bell seemed to injury his wrist/hand on the play which Edwards was knocked out on. The player who hit Bell didn't have any effect on Edwards getting injured, but if you look at the replay, Bell held his arm before Edwards was even hit and kept holding it for a while and was in pain. He stayed in the game though.

Boy they need the bye week.

I think every Bills fan should be rooting for the NFL to keep the season at 16 games. I can't even imagine how far down the roster they'd have to reach if it was 18 games.

BillsWin
10-18-2009, 08:39 PM
1) How did Edwards look before he had to leave? The stats make him look good, but do they lie?

2) How was Jamon Meredith at RT?

Edwards was 5/5 for 43 yards. He was averaging more than usual, but to be honest he wasn't spectacular. The opening drive was pretty, but we had good field position, and it still ended in a field goal.

Jamon Meredith was a huge surprise. No penalties that I can remember and I don't think he allowed a single sack. The sacks I saw came from the left side, I could be wrong. He looked alot better than what I thought he would. His point of attack was good. He looked to have quick feet, had one really nice seal block that sprung Lynch loose for a gain of 9 or 10. Not too shabby, not too great.

YardRat
10-18-2009, 08:42 PM
I don't recall Meredith's name being mentioned at all during the game, which is a good sign for an o-lineman.

Michael82
10-18-2009, 08:43 PM
According to Coach Sal, the Bills only gave up 1 sack!

psubills62
10-18-2009, 08:47 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gamecenter/live/NFL_20091018_BUF@NYJ

Looks right to me.

Honestly, I've been really surprised at how few sacks the Jets have gotten. I mean, they didn't have Calvin Pace in the first four weeks, but it's not like he's been a monster since coming back.

LtFinFan66
10-18-2009, 08:47 PM
guys...the Jets have 5 sacks this season. They blitz a lot but don't get there. they are overrated big time

BillsWin
10-18-2009, 08:48 PM

That's right, our QBs did a nice job of seeing the pressure and getting back to the line of scrimmage if not getting an extra yard or two.

JPFBillsFan
10-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Trent blows...Fitzpatrick's worse....
Meredith looked decent.....OLine played well

ParanoidAndroid
10-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Strangely, the Jets bring a lot of pressure but do not get sacks. It's been that way all year.

The Jets have a pretty solid D-line and the Bills young O-line held up alright with some help from the TE and FB.

As was mentioned by another poster, Meredith was not heard of all game which is a good thing.

Wood has asserted himself as the best player on the O-line, for sure.

Trent was okay... nothing noteworthy... Fitz was shaky with a few nice plays sprinkled in.

Michael82
10-18-2009, 09:05 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gamecenter/live/NFL_20091018_BUF@NYJ

Looks right to me.

Honestly, I've been really surprised at how few sacks the Jets have gotten. I mean, they didn't have Calvin Pace in the first four weeks, but it's not like he's been a monster since coming back.
maybe because he's off the steroids now? :idunno:

psubills62
10-18-2009, 09:06 PM
guys...the Jets have 5 sacks this season. They blitz a lot but don't get there. they are overrated big time

I definitely realize that. But if you're the Jets and you're looking to get your pass rush going, who better to do it against than the Bills? The fact that the Bills managed to stop them, and the fact that their sacks allowed vs. the Jets even compares to what other, veteran lines have allowed to them is promising.

DraftBoy
10-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Meredith was our best OL today by far. No penalties, no sacks given up, and he did his job. I think he surprised quite a few people here.

Michael82
10-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Meredith was our best OL today by far. No penalties, no sacks given up, and he did his job. I think he surprised quite a few people here.
Now I see why you loved that pickup. He was pretty good out there. :up:

DraftBoy
10-18-2009, 09:36 PM
Now I see why you loved that pickup. He was pretty good out there. :up:

I have some skills...

LtFinFan66
10-18-2009, 09:47 PM
I definitely realize that. But if you're the Jets and you're looking to get your pass rush going, who better to do it against than the Bills? The fact that the Bills managed to stop them, and the fact that their sacks allowed vs. the Jets even compares to what other, veteran lines have allowed to them is promising.well if you go by that....then the Bills pass rush must be all-world. They had 6 sacks against the Fins and the Jets had zero

psubills62
10-18-2009, 10:14 PM
well if you go by that....then the Bills pass rush must be all-world. They had 6 sacks against the Fins and the Jets had zero

Yeah, you're right, it's foolish of me to say that a nearly all-rookie OL holding the Jets, who have quite a few good blitzers, to only one sack, is promising.

Michael82
10-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Yeah, you're right, it's foolish of me to say that a nearly all-rookie OL holding the Jets, who have quite a few good blitzers, to only one sack, is promising.
:hi5: