• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Kris Jenkins' season COULD be over

According to Jets beat writer Rod Boone, some in the team's locker room are "talking" like NT Kris Jenkins' season could be over.

Boone makes it clear that he is not reporting, but the injury looked serious on the field. Losing Jenkins would be extremely damaging to New York's run defense. Sione Pouha, who's been starting at defensive end, is next on the depth chart at nose tackle. The entire rotation would be shaken up.
    In my opinion, this just sounds like locker room talk. I doubt any of them know the results of the tests yet.

It honestly doesn't surprise me much though. Jenkins wore down quite a bit at the end of the year last season and has had to deal with injuries throughout his career.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: Kris Jenkins' season COULD be over

Ouch....between that and the s**t Pace talked after losing Monday night....can't wait for the Fins to head to Jersey in 2 weeks

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
      • Mar 2004

At best out 4-6 weeks with an MCL sprain. At worst... ACL.

Comment

• Demon
        • Mar 2003

I don't wish injury to anyone and stinks for them to lose one of their stars, but heck, the plays just shows how powerful and what type of potential Levitre has. He totally over powered Jenkins.
        Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
          Ouch....between that and the ***** pace talked after losing Monday night....can't wait for the Fins to head to Jersey in 2 weeks
          That is going to be one ugly game if the Jets don't have Jenkins back. Ugly in two ways: Jets can't stop the run and hard-nosed game. I wouldn't be surprised to see multiple fights break out during that one...
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

He walked to the locker room form the field. I doubt it's all that serious.
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• LtFinFan66
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by casdhf
              so did Ronnie Brown in 07

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by casdhf
                lots of people walk off with torn ACL's

Broken Bones.... Achilles tear... no.... ACL... sure can.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                  That is going to be one ugly game if the Jets don't have Jenkins back. Ugly in two ways: Jets can't stop the run and hard-nosed game. I wouldn't be surprised to see multiple fights break out during that one...
                  it's not hockey....there will be no fights...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                    so did Ronnie Brown in 07
                    so did Jamal Anderson...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!

actually, you can walk with a broken fibula...it's a non-weight bearing bone.

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                        it's not hockey....there will be no fights...
                        I wasn't talking about fights like hockey. Just more like shoving after a lot of plays. I've seen games where tensions were very high and there was a lot of shoving.
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                          We play to win the game!
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!

Michael Lombardi is reporting on NFL.com that Kris Jenkins will be out the remainder of the year.

NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi reports New York Jets NT Kris Jenkins will miss the rest of the season with a left knee injury.

Jenkins was injured during the second quarter of Sunay’s overtime loss to the Bills after several players landed on his legs during a running play. His left leg was heavily wrapped after the game, and he left the stadium on crutches, according to The Associated Press.

Jets coach Rex Ryan declined to comment on the injury following the game, other than to say it was “probably severe.”

Jenkins, the centerpiece in the middle of the Jets defense, earned his fourth Pro Bowl appearance in his first season with the team in 2008.

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
                            Michael Lombardi is reporting on NFL.com that Kris Jenkins will be out the remainder of the year.

NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi reports New York Jets NT Kris Jenkins will miss the rest of the season with a left knee injury.

Jenkins was injured during the second quarter of Sunay’s overtime loss to the Bills after several players landed on his legs during a running play. His left leg was heavily wrapped after the game, and he left the stadium on crutches, according to The Associated Press.

Jets coach Rex Ryan declined to comment on the injury following the game, other than to say it was “probably severe.”

Jenkins, the centerpiece in the middle of the Jets defense, earned his fourth Pro Bowl appearance in his first season with the team in 2008.
                            Yep, looks like it's being confirmed many places. I think they're saying it's a torn ACL. Interesting development and will have a big impact on our game in Toronto.
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                              We play to win the game!
                              • Oct 2009

Whothe hell will the Jets use at NT? They are f'ed. He is the heart of the pass rush.

Comment

Working...
                              X