PDA

View Full Version : Kris Jenkins' season COULD be over

psubills62
10-18-2009, 08:37 PM
According to Jets beat writer Rod Boone, some in the team's locker room are "talking" like NT Kris Jenkins' season could be over.

Boone makes it clear that he is not reporting, but the injury looked serious on the field. Losing Jenkins would be extremely damaging to New York's run defense. Sione Pouha, who's been starting at defensive end, is next on the depth chart at nose tackle. The entire rotation would be shaken up.

In my opinion, this just sounds like locker room talk. I doubt any of them know the results of the tests yet.

It honestly doesn't surprise me much though. Jenkins wore down quite a bit at the end of the year last season and has had to deal with injuries throughout his career.

LtFinFan66
10-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Ouch....between that and the s**t Pace talked after losing Monday night....can't wait for the Fins to head to Jersey in 2 weeks

Demon
I don't wish injury to anyone and stinks for them to lose one of their stars, but heck, the plays just shows how powerful and what type of potential Levitre has. He totally over powered Jenkins.

Canadian'eh!
At best out 4-6 weeks with an MCL sprain. At worst... ACL.

psubills62
10-18-2009, 08:40 PM
Ouch....between that and the ***** pace talked after losing Monday night....can't wait for the Fins to head to Jersey in 2 weeks

That is going to be one ugly game if the Jets don't have Jenkins back. Ugly in two ways: Jets can't stop the run and hard-nosed game. I wouldn't be surprised to see multiple fights break out during that one...

casdhf
10-18-2009, 08:56 PM
He walked to the locker room form the field. I doubt it's all that serious.

LtFinFan66
10-18-2009, 08:58 PM
He walked to the locker room form the field. I doubt it's all that serious.so did Ronnie Brown in 07

Canadian'eh!
10-18-2009, 09:02 PM
He walked to the locker room form the field. I doubt it's all that serious.

lots of people walk off with torn ACL's

Broken Bones.... Achilles tear... no.... ACL... sure can.

Ebenezer
10-18-2009, 09:11 PM
That is going to be one ugly game if the Jets don't have Jenkins back. Ugly in two ways: Jets can't stop the run and hard-nosed game. I wouldn't be surprised to see multiple fights break out during that one...
it's not hockey....there will be no fights...

Ebenezer
10-18-2009, 09:12 PM
so did Ronnie Brown in 07
so did Jamal Anderson...

Ebenezer
10-18-2009, 09:12 PM

actually, you can walk with a broken fibula...it's a non-weight bearing bone.

psubills62
10-18-2009, 09:15 PM
it's not hockey....there will be no fights...

I wasn't talking about fights like hockey. Just more like shoving after a lot of plays. I've seen games where tensions were very high and there was a lot of shoving.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-19-2009, 03:03 PM

Michael Lombardi is reporting on NFL.com that Kris Jenkins will be out the remainder of the year.

NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi reports New York Jets NT Kris Jenkins will miss the rest of the season with a left knee injury.

Jenkins was injured during the second quarter of Sunay’s overtime loss to the Bills after several players landed on his legs during a running play. His left leg was heavily wrapped after the game, and he left the stadium on crutches, according to The Associated Press.

Jets coach Rex Ryan declined to comment on the injury following the game, other than to say it was “probably severe.”

Jenkins, the centerpiece in the middle of the Jets defense, earned his fourth Pro Bowl appearance in his first season with the team in 2008.

psubills62
10-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Michael Lombardi is reporting on NFL.com that Kris Jenkins will be out the remainder of the year.

NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi reports New York Jets NT Kris Jenkins will miss the rest of the season with a left knee injury.

Jenkins was injured during the second quarter of Sunay’s overtime loss to the Bills after several players landed on his legs during a running play. His left leg was heavily wrapped after the game, and he left the stadium on crutches, according to The Associated Press.

Jets coach Rex Ryan declined to comment on the injury following the game, other than to say it was “probably severe.”

Jenkins, the centerpiece in the middle of the Jets defense, earned his fourth Pro Bowl appearance in his first season with the team in 2008.

Yep, looks like it's being confirmed many places. I think they're saying it's a torn ACL. Interesting development and will have a big impact on our game in Toronto.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Whothe hell will the Jets use at NT? They are f'ed. He is the heart of the pass rush.

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Probably means they switch over to the 43 as their base defense.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Starting Vernon Gholston. Nice :)

Luisito23
10-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Whothe hell will the Jets use at NT?

Rex Ryan..He's just as big, and just as ugly!

MDFINFAN
10-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Probably means they switch over to the 43 as their base defense.

That would probably be the best situation for them if Jenkins is out, there' no one on that team that I'm aware of that can do what he does.. he's man beast..

psubills62
10-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Sounds like if they stay in the 3-4 Sione Pouha (sp?) will play NT. He's originally a DE, so that would be giving up a lot of size.

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Sounds like if they stay in the 3-4 Sione Pouha (sp?) will play NT. He's originally a DE, so that would be giving up a lot of size.

Atlanta is a team that plays with a 3 DE front sometimes, Baltimore is a team that plays with a NT, DT and DE front sometimes, I guess either or could really work if you've got the right guys.

psubills62
10-19-2009, 06:55 PM
Atlanta is a team that plays with a 3 DE front sometimes, Baltimore is a team that plays with a NT, DT and DE front sometimes, I guess either or could really work if you've got the right guys.

Well except for against the Bears, Atlanta has been pretty soft against the run too. I don't think the Jets will be horrible without Jenkins, but there will be a noticeable dropoff. The guy may be injury prone, but he's a beast when healthy.