PDA

View Full Version : Nobody is talking about the 59-0 Pats win?

Mr. Miyagi
10-19-2009, 12:45 AM
The Pats were up on the Titans by 5 TDs at the half, yet Brady comes out still throwing deep. How come no one is talking about the lack of sportsmanship and class the Bellichick has, like he did to us and to Washington in 2007?

Classless Bellichick. **** YOU.

Mr. Pink
10-19-2009, 12:46 AM
Why not?

What should have NE done?

Taken knees from the 2nd quarter on?

This is the NFL. Show up and play.

Billz_fan
10-19-2009, 12:47 AM
Yeah he sucks but... It's the NFL and if them scoring pisses yah off then stop them. I know it's cliche but..... It really is true.

LtFinFan66
10-19-2009, 12:51 AM
The Pats were up on the Titans by 5 TDs at the half, yet Brady comes out still throwing deep. How come no one is talking about the lack of sportsmanship and class the Bellichick has, like he did to us and to Washington in 2007?

Classless Bellichick. **** YOU.because everyone already knows

Mr. Pink
10-19-2009, 12:54 AM
I think Brady should have played the whole game personally.

Roll a 87 - 0 score on them.

Sportsmanship? This isn't pee wee football where you get a pat on the back and an ice cream for showing up. You're paid to play a game. You're paid to do a job.

You don't like the fact that you gave up 45 points in a half to a team? Do something about it.

LtFinFan66
10-19-2009, 12:54 AM
look harder

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=3025289#post3025289

BuffaloBlitz83
10-19-2009, 12:55 AM
Titans had -7 passing yards lol

Billz_fan
10-19-2009, 12:56 AM
Maybe Collins fell off the wagon ? :couch:

BuffaloBlitz83
10-19-2009, 12:59 AM
And VY shot himself for real

Billz_fan
10-19-2009, 01:01 AM
I think Brady should have played the whole game personally.

Roll a 87 - 0 score on them.

Sportsmanship? This isn't pee wee football where you get a pat on the back and an ice cream for showing up. You're paid to play a game. You're paid to do a job.

You don't like the fact that you gave up 45 points in a half to a team? Do something about it.

The only reason I pull him if im coach is

A. Minimize injury risk on an unstable field

B. Give the backup some snaps

I care less how bad the score is. Really these teams are supposed to be the best of the best. There is no higher league. They get paid incredibly well. If it was pee wee football I can understand. No need in embarassing the kids. This is far from that as you can get.\

Im not sure who the Titans play next week but I guarantee they play better.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-19-2009, 01:05 AM
Jags will beat them after the bye. They killed them last time too.

Typ0
10-19-2009, 04:45 AM
points scored are a tiebreaker.

Historian
10-19-2009, 04:48 AM
Who cares...it's hockey season.

Dujek
10-19-2009, 04:52 AM
Should have been 61, that was a safety all day long.

Honestly, I'd have kept going until the end of the 3rd quarter and then started taking it easy. If that meant hanging another 20 points on them, then so be it.

Remember, it was the Titans and they deserve everything they get.

Mike
10-19-2009, 05:03 AM
i would pile on the points... not holding anything back!!!
I see it all to often, when a team takes it easy oppose to keeping the metal to the petal...ironically this allows the other team back in the game... and when things are all notted up, and you loose because the momentum is totally agaist you then what? You lost a game you should won because you wanted to be nice. In fact, this almost happened to the Cards last week when they were up 21-0 on Huston, and the to the Pittsburg, who were up by 4TDs vs the Chargers. They let those teams back in the game, and it almost bit them in the ass.

The ONLY time you should let off, is when the other team throws in the white towel, or until the fat lady sings. If the Titans forfieted the game in the quarter #2 then fine, but they didn't. If I were the Pats, I would have made it a personal goal to score another 45pts in the second half!

YardRat
10-19-2009, 05:22 AM
**** New England.

LtFinFan66
10-19-2009, 06:05 AM
Should have been 61, that was a safety all day long.

Honestly, I'd have kept going until the end of the 3rd quarter and then started taking it easy. If that meant hanging another 20 points on them, then so be it.

Remember, it was the Titans and they deserve everything they get.and they missed a FG as well

Ingtar33
10-19-2009, 06:06 AM
I'll paraphrase a NE DB back when the bills got spanked on Monday night in 2007.

"They don't like us hanging 40 points on them? Then man up and show up to play. If we gave up 40 points in our own house I'd be too ashamed to pick up my paycheck on Monday."

Seriously... what is NE supposed to do, kneel down every snap starting in the 2nd quarter?

When they came out to start the 2nd half it was still conceivable someone could come back.

yeah.. you could say it was poor sportsmanship to be throwing the ball deep in the 3rd quarter, but it didn't look like the titans were even trying to cover the NE WRs. You tell any QB in the league to ignore the wide open WRs deep and he'll ignore you, i don't care what the score is.

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 06:07 AM
Then played Brady for one series in the 3rd Quarter, then they went almost all second team. How is that a lack of sportsmanship?

Ickybaluky
10-19-2009, 06:08 AM
Well, there is a forum for that.

Also, given the Bills broke their streak and beat a divisional opponent (on the road, no less), people probably have other things to talk about.

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 06:33 AM
Well, there is a forum for that.

Also, given the Bills broke their streak and beat a divisional opponent (on the road, no less), people probably have other things to talk about.

We *****, moan, and whine. We don't talk.

Syderick
10-19-2009, 07:26 AM
They went for it on 4th down in the 2nd half when the game was already over.

Oldbillsfan
10-19-2009, 07:40 AM
And would have beaten the Pats if it weren't for being afraid of it.

Syderick
10-19-2009, 08:17 AM
They had the back ups in the 3rd then brought the starters back out, 45-0!

Jan Reimers
10-19-2009, 08:24 AM
I don't care if the Pats ran up the score or not. This is big boy football. I simply think Belechick should have taken out Brady and the other starters a little earlier, given the condition of the field and the chance of injury in a game that was already out of hand.

Syderick
10-19-2009, 08:37 AM
It's the job of the Titans to stop the offense. I mean if the back ups are playing conservative vanilla offense and the Titans roll over die, fine. But when your up 45-0 and your still aggressive, going for it 4th down even with your back ups, and bringing back your starters to pad stats. The chance of a winless team that can't pass, is unlikely going to comeback down 45 points.

ChristopherWalken
10-19-2009, 08:55 AM
This is professional football. Not high school or even college ball.

The Patriots have had some offensive woes this year and have been trying to get back on track for a while now. If you have the momentum keep going, IMO. Nothing classless about doing what you're paid BIG BUCKS to do.

Typ0
10-19-2009, 10:30 AM
I don't understand the way people think sometimes. Running up the score was a chance to put away a tie breaker. Yes, it only rarely comes into play but it could and the huge score will make a big difference. Running up the score could be the difference between hosting a playoff game or going no the road...or getting into the playoffs alltogether. When given the chance to run up the score and points scored is part of the evaulation model then you run up the score.

Mr. Miyagi
10-19-2009, 10:37 AM
points scored are a tiebreaker.
In the 7th level. Like it would ever get to that. I wonder if Billichick practices coin toss as well.

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

Typ0
10-19-2009, 10:38 AM
It's put there for a reason though.

In the 7th level. Like it would ever get to that. I wonder if Billichick practices coin toss as well.

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

Mr. Miyagi
10-19-2009, 10:42 AM
Those who defend any team at any level running up the score does not have or understand what sportsmanship is all about.

When victory for one team is completely out of reach, it is not meaningful competition anymore and those who have sportsmanship do not stomp on the throttle and humiliate the loser. It's just human decency.

justasportsfan
10-19-2009, 10:46 AM
I wish we had a coach like that who steps on peoples throats instead of one that plays not to lose.

Syderick
10-19-2009, 10:51 AM
This is professional football. Not high school or even college ball.

The Patriots have had some offensive woes this year and have been trying to get back on track for a while now. If you have the momentum keep going, IMO. Nothing classless about doing what you're paid BIG BUCKS to do.

They're not paid big bucks to play unsportsmanlike. It's one thing for them up 45 points, to score by running conservatively with back ups. It's another when you bring your starters back late in the 3rd to aggressively score more points.

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Those who defend any team at any level running up the score does not have or understand what sportsmanship is all about.

When victory for one team is completely out of reach, it is not meaningful competition anymore and those who have sportsmanship do not stomp on the throttle and humiliate the loser. It's just human decency.

We could ask the Oilers about when a victory is out of reach, then again on second thought that may still be a sore subject.

I dont know what you expect this ain't little league where every kid plays, or where there is a run limit. You play to win the game, by as much as possible, as often as possible. You don't score points for being a good sport. He could of gone for 100-0 score and it wouldn't of bothered me one bit.

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 10:54 AM
They're not paid big bucks to play unsportsmanlike. It's one thing for them up 45 points, to score by running conservatively with back ups. It's another when you bring your starters back late in the 3rd to aggressively score more points.

Bring their starters back late in the 3rd? Did you watch the game? Brady played one series if memory serves me correct in the 3rd quarter. The score late in the 3rd was a Brian Hoyer QB scramble up the middle. He's not the starter at all.

DMBcrew36
10-19-2009, 10:55 AM
The Patriots were trying to put on a show for their fans, I guess.

Maybe Brady will get injured next time they keep him in while blowing out an opponent. It would be hilarious to hear the media questioning Belichick after the game.

Mr. Miyagi
10-19-2009, 10:58 AM
You play to win the game, by as much as possible, as often as possible. You don't score points for being a good sport. He could of gone for 100-0 score and it wouldn't of bothered me one bit.
When you're up by 5 TDs I'd say you can safely run the ball instead of going for it on 4th down and throwing deep and still win the game. The "by as much as possible" part is where it shows the lack of sportsmanship. You just outted yourself.

Syderick
10-19-2009, 11:16 AM
Bring their starters back late in the 3rd? Did you watch the game? Brady played one series if memory serves me correct in the 3rd quarter. The score late in the 3rd was a Brian Hoyer QB scramble up the middle. He's not the starter at all.

Unneccessary series too, they were greedy they're up 45-0. They had the backups go for on 4th down.

Were you fine with the 56-10 Bills lose and Pats going for it on 4th down after putting the game away?

Syderick
10-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Unneccessary series too, they were greedy they're up 45-0. They had the backups go for on 4th down. Yes do know about the Hoyber's TD.

Were you fine with the 56-10 Bills lose and Pats going for it on 4th down after putting the game away?

Yea my comment is so important I had to quote it too. :laugh:

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 11:23 AM
When you're up by 5 TDs I'd say you can safely run the ball instead of going for it on 4th down and throwing deep and still win the game. The "by as much as possible" part is where it shows the lack of sportsmanship. You just outted yourself.

Im glad your safe with it, Im sure as **** not.

You're damn right I want to win by as much as possible. Don't give me that sportsmanship bull****. It doesnt matter how many points you win by. At the end of the game its still hugs and handshakes all around with a prayer with both teams.

Saying scoring points is unsportmanslike is completely weak. You don't want to get your ass kicked then stop somebody its that simple.

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Unneccessary series too, they were greedy they're up 45-0. They had the backups go for on 4th down.

Yes and I said so when it happened, pull the quote. I dont have this undying hate for the Pats like some fans seems to. I respect a good team and wish we had half the talent they did in the FO.

Ickybaluky
10-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Here is an excellent article about it:

LINK (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AnvTdu31IUJZ0ZHWa17UzchDubYF?slug=dw-patriotsfisher101809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

I think the guy nailed it.

justasportsfan
10-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Here is an excellent article about it:

LINK (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AnvTdu31IUJZ0ZHWa17UzchDubYF?slug=dw-patriotsfisher101809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

I think the guy nailed it.
I agree. It's a mans game. Nobodies fault but the Titans.

DynaPaul
10-19-2009, 11:51 AM
Because no one gives a crap about the Pats. Everyone who isn't a Gaytriots fan is sick of them already and their classless, passive-aggressive coach.

Syderick
10-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Yes and I said so when it happened, pull the quote. I dont have this undying hate for the Pats like some fans seems to. I respect a good team and wish we had half the talent they did in the FO.

Yea they're a good team, but there is no doubt they were running up the score.

crowder52
10-19-2009, 12:36 PM

Classless Bellichick. **** YOU.

They made a statement yesterday with the ass whooping they put on the Titans.

Discotrish
10-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Why not?

What should have NE done?

Taken knees from the 2nd quarter on?

This is the NFL. Show up and play.

Run the ball. Give some starters a rest. Pretend you have class.

Patti

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Why not get your backups more experience? If Brady went down again, Belichick would've looked like a total ass clown.

Cntrygal
10-19-2009, 02:02 PM
I agree... don't like the score getting run up on you..... Show up to play.

Mudflap1
10-19-2009, 02:07 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20091019/i/r1295807480.jpg?x=400&y=269&q=85&sig=o5bHnhZrWiB2M3lLrjtiAA--

BillsOwnAll
10-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Running up the score shouldnt be associated with professional sports. I didnt read all the posts im sure someone said this.

Your the best of the best. Your paid to show it off and play hard every week. If your that much better then then someone else. SHOW IT. The defense gets paid to stop them. Maybe they shouldnt get paid. Yah its embarrsing but hey do something about it.

That said i think most points is a tiebreaker of some sort. Not that i ever hear of it used but still you never know.

Also Like the bills and oilers game. I hat being on the other side of those "comeback stories" Lay it on em till the clock reads 0:00

LtFinFan66
10-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Why not get your backups more experience? If Brady went down again, Belichick would've looked like a total ass clown.He already looks and acts like a total ass clown so i doubt he cares

BillsWin
10-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Kill Bellycheat and his minion Brady McDouche!!! :btm: Patsie ****s!!!!

Philagape
10-19-2009, 07:05 PM
If, in some alternate universe, the Bills had the chance to run up the score on the Pats, would not everyone here want them to do it?

BILLSROCK1212
10-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Brian Hoyer should have been in a little earlier....but the Titans got what they deserved

TheBrownBear
10-19-2009, 07:34 PM
These are paid professional athletes. This isn't the School of the Blind against De La Salle or Mater Dei or whatever high school mega-program.

There is no such thing as running up the score when it comes to pros, imo.

Mr. Pink
10-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Brian Hoyer should have been in a little earlier....but the Titans got what they deserved

How much earlier?

He was in, in the middle of the third quarter.

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 07:59 PM
How much earlier?

He was in, in the middle of the third quarter.

Pats offensive starters only ran one second half series.

Ickybaluky
10-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Pats offensive starters only ran one second half series.

I don't have an issue with how long they played their starters. They needed to get their offense going anyway, and they were substituting guys in early on. I mean, Sam Aiken played more offensive snaps than any other player, so there were reserves playing.

But... the Pats were going shotgun with 4 wides with a 50+ point lead in the second half. They are my team, but that is over-the-top. That wasn't an accident. I know that is a big part of their offense, but I've seen them bring in an extra TE and run the ball as well. They could have gone into a shell and run the ball. If this was last week's game and Josh McDaniels was on the other sideline, the Pats wouldn't have poured it on like that.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Pats were rubbing it in. There is no love lost between the two teams. They have a history. Back in 2006 they played a game where the Pats were already set for the playoffs while the Titans were playing for nothing, and it was a very physical game. A couple of Patriots were hurt, including Rodney Harrison on a crackback block. I think that game was a big reason for why the Pats didn't go into a shell earlier.

Is it bad sportsmanship? Probably. Still, it is hard to feel bad for the Titans with the effort they put in yesterday.

Syderick
10-19-2009, 09:25 PM
"running up the score" occurs when a team continues to play in such a way as to score additional points after the outcome of the game is no longer in question and the team is assured of winning. In United States and Canada, it is considered poor sportsmanship to "run up the score".

"They didn’t, at least not much. At the end of the first half, leading 38-0, the Patriots ran a no-huddle offense so they could punch in another TD. Rather than sit Brady with a 45-point lead, he led a second-half drive to make the score 52-0.
Later, with backup Brian Hoyer at QB, the Patriots went for it on a fourth-and-six at the Titans 31-yard line, converted and soon scored another TD for the final margin. In mop-up duty, Hoyer completed 9 of 11 passes – it wasn’t like he was just handing the ball off."

At the very least Tom and the starters could of ran a conservative offense on their 3rd quarter series.

If the Bills did that, they'd be running up the score. I would understand the criticism against the Bills. But it's unlikely the Bills are going to run up the score on anyone this season.