PDA

View Full Version : I thought Evans was robbed!

Historian
10-19-2009, 04:52 AM
Bobbled my ass.

The guy made a phenomenal catch.

YardRat
10-19-2009, 05:14 AM
It was a great catch, but he didn't have complete control.

LtFinFan66
10-19-2009, 05:55 AM
he bobbled it

malo
10-19-2009, 05:57 AM
He clearly bobbled it. Great effort though. It would have been an outstanding catch had it not been by the sideline.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-19-2009, 05:58 AM
I forgot evens was on the team until yesterday

Block "O"
10-19-2009, 06:12 AM
He bobbled it but if the Jets had the same play reviewed it would have been a catch.

Dujek
10-19-2009, 06:14 AM
The ball didn't move, even though he took his right hand off it. It was under his control all the way to the ground.

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 06:19 AM
The ball didn't move, even though he took his right hand off it. It was under his control all the way to the ground.

I disagree I felt as though the ball did move and it was a bobble. They got the call correct.

Dujek
10-19-2009, 06:23 AM
I disagree I felt as though the ball did move and it was a bobble. They got the call correct.

It was 1.10am here, I can only trust my eyes so much I suppose.

Anyway, in the end it didn't matter, other than costing me fantasy points

Yasgur's Farm
10-19-2009, 06:24 AM
Clearly a bobble... It looked like he may have had the opportunity to get the other foot down too after he gained control.

Jan Reimers
10-19-2009, 07:18 AM
The NFL is going to totally ruin the game with this crap. This kind of instant replay just takes all the fun out of the game.

hydro
10-19-2009, 07:24 AM
Sal had a good explanation of it on his post game show. I thought it was a bobble but just because he took on hand off of it and tried to bring it into his body shouldn't count as a bobble.

THATHURMANATOR
10-19-2009, 07:46 AM
Very close call on that one. It could have gone either way and of course it went against us..

Dujek
10-19-2009, 07:55 AM
Very close call on that one. It could have gone either way and of course it went against us..

Yeah, but if it could go either way based on the video evidence then the call on the field should stand.

LtFinFan66
10-19-2009, 08:04 AM
I disagree I felt as though the ball did move and it was a bobble. They got the call correct.exactly

Michael82
10-19-2009, 08:06 AM
Yeah, but if it could go either way based on the video evidence then the call on the field should stand.
Exactly! There was NOT indisputable evidence to overturn it, IMO.

Historian
10-19-2009, 08:13 AM
The NFL is going to totally ruin the game with this crap. This kind of instant replay just takes all the fun out of the game.

I drove past your place yesterday.

I almost stopped in, but didn't want to be labeled a communist by you and your patrons.

ddaryl
10-19-2009, 08:15 AM
that was a bobble all day long.. Clear as day on the replay

LtFinFan66
10-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Exactly! There was NOT indisputable evidence to overturn it, IMO.yeah..there was. You guys won...it was a bobble...let it go

Jan Reimers
10-19-2009, 08:18 AM
I drove past your place yesterday.

I almost stopped in, but didn't want to be labeled a communist by you and your patrons.
We love communists - as long as they're Bills' fans and have some money to spend.

Philagape
10-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Not conclusive enough to overturn. It has to be indisputable ... that was disputable.

Historian
10-19-2009, 08:23 AM
yeah..there was. You guys won...it was a bobble...let it go

That's not the point Flipper.

You've become programmed by watching the fish play that Division II college offense they run.

This is the NFL.

It was a beautiful catch that only a handful of the guys in the league could make, and they reverse the official's call via replay?

Thats a load of crap.

Jan is right. It's this type of stuff that is ruining the game.

ddaryl
10-19-2009, 08:23 AM
Not conclusive enough to overturn. It has to be indisputable ... that was disputable.

it was very obvious.. It was easy to see. Lee was adjusting the ball as he was going out of bounds when he did have control the left leg was clearly off the ground and touched OB

no even debateable IMO.. In fact I called the moment they showed the replay he did not have control and did not get 2 feet in when he had control

malo
10-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Homers make me laugh.

Jan Reimers
10-19-2009, 08:27 AM
Homers make me laugh.
Calling out Poz after he makes a key play in a big win makes me laugh.

LtFinFan66
10-19-2009, 08:28 AM
That's not the point Flipper.

You've become programmed by watching the fish play that Division II college offense they run.

This is the NFL.

It was a beautiful catch that only a handful of the guys in the league could make, and they reverse the official's call via replay?

Thats a load of crap.

Jan is right. It's this type of stuff that is ruining the game.he bobbled it...end of story. Sorry.

38-10

madness
10-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Those calls take away from the game. Did he make the catch and get two feet in? The play should stop right there.

SABURZFAN
10-19-2009, 09:39 AM
i thought the refs made the right call despite that i wanted it to be a catch.

hydro
10-19-2009, 09:46 AM
he bobbled it...end of story. Sorry.

38-10

This is trolling IMO. First you keep repeating your same point. Then bringing up the score of last weeks game? Seriously?

madness
10-19-2009, 09:51 AM
This is trolling IMO. First you keep repeating your same point. Then bringing up the score of last weeks game? Seriously?

An ass doesn't change their stripes even if not a zebra's.

Borosai
10-19-2009, 09:53 AM
It was almost a great catch, but the call (reversed) was correct.

casdhf
10-19-2009, 09:55 AM
This is trolling IMO. First you keep repeating your same point. Then bringing up the score of last weeks game? Seriously?Careful ... you may be stripped of your title.

unpaid_bills
10-19-2009, 10:17 AM
the thing that bothers me about these type of calls, the ref was right there i mean in the perfect spot. He made a call immediately didnt hesitate. When you show most plays in super slow motion you will likely find something. Tough call could go either way, I still dont think there was overwhelming evidence but we all see things differently

None the less it was a great catch/throw and in the end didnt decide the game.

kelly2reed4six
10-19-2009, 10:29 AM
I have to agree with Historian on this one for sure! Even if he did bobble it (which you could not see cleary in the replays), there was no conclusive evidence! If they had called it incomplete, I would have said it should stay incomplete because there just was no good camera angle to see otherwise. But the fact they called it a completion first means it should have remained a catch.

mybills
10-19-2009, 10:34 AM
just because he took on hand off of it and tried to bring it into his body shouldn't count as a bobble.
This was my thought as well.

mybills
10-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Another thing, if the ball was bobbling, why did the laces stay in the same spot from the time he had 2 hands on it to the time he had 1 hand on it and was hitting the ground?

DynaPaul
10-19-2009, 12:01 PM
I didn't think there was enough visual evidence to overrule the original call. Yeah, he took the one hand off the ball but it was cradled under his left arm and he had it in tight before he hit the turf. I would have let the play stand.

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2009, 01:09 PM
It was ruled a catch on the field, the evidence clearly wasn't indisputable, Lee got robbed, that was criminal.

DolphinFanInPeace
10-19-2009, 01:12 PM
I thought it was a catch...

Then on the replay I saw the little move that the ball did, and thought it was just him establishing control...

Either way I thought that there was not enough to overturn it...Turns out you didn't need it. But oh the humanity with the Jets fans if that would have stayed a catch. They already blame the refs enough.

For instance, they said that PI call against us on Monday night was actually PI. Any blind fan could see that it was not pass interfearence.

Crisis
10-19-2009, 02:08 PM

He's been trolling ever since the Dolphins have started winning, didn't see him in the bills zone at all when they started 0-3.

JD
10-19-2009, 02:10 PM
The whole "bobbling" crap is horse****. Unless he drops the ball out of bounds or it comes into contact with the ground, it should be ruled a completion if he maintains control. Two feet were clearly in, the ball was between his hands and chest.

Crisis
10-19-2009, 02:12 PM
if evans would've dragged his other foot when he was going out of bounds it would've been an amazing catch.

was funny when they showed evans when they announced the review, he was saying "wow" to himself a few times.

Canadian'eh!
10-19-2009, 02:16 PM
He did juggle it.

I don't really disagree with the call. Had it been a Jets catch and they called it as good, I would have had SERIOUS issues with it.

It was def close, but I thought the call was right even though Evans made a hell of a play on it.

mybills
10-19-2009, 03:56 PM
no need to drag your foot when both were clearly in bounds.

Barb
10-19-2009, 04:00 PM

no i like it that way, these guys risk their health every sunday out there, so they have to try to make the correct decisions

chernobylwraiths
10-19-2009, 04:06 PM
He bobbled it. Nice catch though.

Jan Reimers
10-19-2009, 04:13 PM
no i like it that way, these guys risk their health every sunday out there, so they have to try to make the correct decisions
I say replay should be used get the really egregious calls corrected, but there is no need to put a play like Evans' under a microscope to see if the ball moved a fraction of an inch, or if he took his hand off the ball for a half second.

If they're going to do that they should review every snap to look for micro-movement, every spot to see if the ball is precisely positioned, and evey play to look for holding and other infractions.

Mr. Pink
10-19-2009, 04:23 PM
I say replay should be used get the really egregious calls corrected, but there is no need to put a play like Evans' under a microscope to see if the ball moved a fraction of an inch, or if he took his hand off the ball for a half second.

If they're going to do that they should review every snap to look for micro-movement, every spot to see if the ball is precisely positioned, and evey play to look for holding and other infractions.

That play could have changed the outcome of the game however, so even in your idea of what instant replay should cover, it should have been reviewed. Lindell making the long kick makes it moot now but at the time it occured, it could have been a game changing play.

That being said, they absolutely got the call right in the booth.

And after all, isn't that what replay is for? To get the calls right?

mybills
10-19-2009, 04:25 PM
but they didn't get it right.

Mr. Pink
10-19-2009, 04:26 PM

That's your opinion.

He clearly didn't have control of the football and get two feet inbounds.

TheBrownBear
10-19-2009, 04:27 PM
They got the call right. So I can't complain. He was clearly bobbling the ball after his feet went out of bounds.

Jan Reimers
10-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Indisputably.

Canadian'eh!
10-19-2009, 04:38 PM

how so?

he had 2 feet before the bobble. but after the boble his back foot didn't touch again.

by the rules that's no catch.

Dong Work 4 Yuda
10-19-2009, 05:18 PM

they got it 100% correct... the rules clearly state that the receiver must have complete control of the ball and then get 2 feet inbounds. The ball moving around in his hands and when he did gain full control his left foot never touched in bounds...

maybe you don't like the rule but that is the rule and I have seen other similiar catches called back for the same reasons

JD
10-19-2009, 06:15 PM
I just don't like the bobbled rule in general. As long as the ball never touches the ground and he has 2 feet in bounds after the grab.. it should be a legit catch.

YardRat
10-19-2009, 06:52 PM
But that's the point, JD...establish control, two feet in. According to the rules, that didn't happen.

LtFinFan66
10-19-2009, 07:02 PM
but they didn't get it right.yes they did. And I say again...YOU WON...let it go. it was the correct call

LtFinFan66
10-19-2009, 07:03 PM
I just don't like the bobbled rule in general. As long as the ball never touches the ground and he has 2 feet in bounds after the grab.. it should be a legit catch.well it's not and there's nothing you can do about it. :idunno:

psubills62
10-19-2009, 07:06 PM
I just don't like the bobbled rule in general. As long as the ball never touches the ground and he has 2 feet in bounds after the grab.. it should be a legit catch.

Me too. Some people see that as bobbling and some don't. To me, bobbling is very obviously fumbling the ball between hands as you're going to the ground. I didn't see that at all with Evans. Tucking it away doesn't count as bobbling.

LtFinFan66
10-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Did Evans argue the call? I didn't see him do so? Just wondering:idunno:

Yasgur's Farm
10-19-2009, 07:13 PM
He must get 2 feet down after he has control. He bobbled it while he was getting those 2 feet down. He needed to drag 1 more foot because he did eventually gain control.

JD
10-19-2009, 08:15 PM
I'd have to look at the video again. Now I had been drinking but I thought he caught the ball, came down on his right foot as his left was dragging and then bobbled after establishing himself in bounds. Any video?

Nighthawk
10-19-2009, 08:16 PM
He didn't have control of the ball when his knee hit out of bounds. It was a nice effort, but they got the call right.

chernobylwraiths
10-19-2009, 09:49 PM
The homerism is unbelievable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGLYVao1hD0

watch it and the ball moves all over the place. That is NOT control! It was a nice catch, but out of bounds. There were PLENTY of crappy officiating to complain about without going after something they actually got right.

Historian
10-20-2009, 05:15 AM
yes they did. And I say again...YOU WON...let it go. it was the correct call

And we say...go play in your orange jersey.

LtFinFan66
10-20-2009, 05:20 AM
he bobbled it. get over it Dave

mybills
10-20-2009, 07:15 AM
The homerism is unbelievable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGLYVao1hD0

watch it and the ball moves all over the place. That is NOT control! It was a nice catch, but out of bounds. There were PLENTY of crappy officiating to complain about without going after something they actually got right.
That video just proved to me again that it wasn't bobbled. The laces stayed in the same exact spot the entire time. And it never left both hands.

chernobylwraiths
10-20-2009, 07:53 AM
That video just proved to me again that it wasn't bobbled. The laces stayed in the same exact spot the entire time. And it never left both hands.

OK Ray Finkle.

Nighthawk
10-20-2009, 11:46 AM

The ball moves, slightly, from one hand to the other...what are you people watching???