PDA

View Full Version : Whether you like Trent, or not, that hit was dirty

Forward_Lateral
10-19-2009, 06:36 AM
And should've been a penalty. Seriously. You can get a roughing penalty for tapping a QB's helmet, but when he's clearly down, you can bend him backwards and try to twist his head off, then land on his head with your body? That should've been a penalty, and Pace should be fined, heavily for that malicious attempt to injure someone.

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 06:39 AM
No not in any way shape or form. That kind of a hit happens all the time in the NFL every week. Only difference is that the QB usually doesnt have his knee caught under him. Unfortunate it happened but I dont think it was dirty.

I do find it funny though that every time one of our QB's take a hit and get's hurt, its ALWAYS a dirty play. I mean its incredible how dirty some teams apparently play against only the Bills!

Forward_Lateral
10-19-2009, 06:40 AM
Seriously, how can you call a guy for trying to tackle a QB at the knees, but you can allow him to do that? Did you not see Pace try to twist Trent's head off?

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 06:42 AM
Seriously, how can you call a guy for trying to tackle a QB at the knees, but you can allow him to do that? Did you not see Pace try to twist Trent's head off?

You can't in any way look at the tape and say he purposely was trying to twist his head. He didnt grab the mask and pull it around, it was in the act of falling. I went over this yesterday. Falling on him is not a penalty, nobody is even talking about the helmet twist because everybody knows it was not intentional. It sucks his legs were under him yes but no injury was caused due to that, thankfully.

Dujek
10-19-2009, 06:44 AM
It definitely should have been a penalty. I really don't understand how it wasn't.

There were a lot of cheap shots on players who were pretty defenceless in games yesterday, the hit on the Buccs returner, the hit on Edwards, and an absolutely brutal helmet to helmet hit from Vilma on Eli Manning.

Forward_Lateral
10-19-2009, 06:45 AM
What is the injury? I didn't hear the announcers say anything, but it sure looked like a knee injury.

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 06:47 AM
What is the injury? I didn't hear the announcers say anything, but it sure looked like a knee injury.

Concussion.

It came from the sandwich hit he took before Jenkins fell on top of him.

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 06:47 AM
It definitely should have been a penalty. I really don't understand how it wasn't.

There were a lot of cheap shots on players who were pretty defenceless in games yesterday, the hit on the Buccs returner, the hit on Edwards, and an absolutely brutal helmet to helmet hit from Vilma on Eli Manning.

I dont think the hit Eli took or the hit by Daunte Wesley are even in the same realm as the hit Edwards took.

yordad
10-19-2009, 06:50 AM
What is the injury? I didn't hear the announcers say anything, but it sure looked like a knee injury.Nope, no knee. He hurt his hair.

And, yes, I agree it should have been a penalty.

Forward_Lateral
10-19-2009, 06:52 AM
Concussion.

It came from the sandwich hit he took before Jenkins fell on top of him.

Really? That's good news, I suppose. Although, with Trent's past concussion history, I wouldn't be surprised if they were extra careful this time.

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 06:54 AM
Really? That's good news, I suppose. Although, with Trent's past concussion history, I wouldn't be surprised if they were extra careful this time.

You almost have to be, concussions end careers not just seasons.

don137
10-19-2009, 07:03 AM
I am iffy on if it should of been a penalty and not too upset by it. It would of definitely would a penalty if he wore #12 and had on a Patriots uniform.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-19-2009, 07:07 AM
Trent= not a star
not a star= no penalty

Jan Reimers
10-19-2009, 07:13 AM
If it happens to Tom Brady, it's a penalty.

casdhf
10-19-2009, 07:14 AM
I bet Pace gets fined.

Mahdi
10-19-2009, 07:38 AM
And should've been a penalty. Seriously. You can get a roughing penalty for tapping a QB's helmet, but when he's clearly down, you can bend him backwards and try to twist his head off, then land on his head with your body? That should've been a penalty, and Pace should be fined, heavily for that malicious attempt to injure someone.
Edwards got HIMSELF killed on that sack.

Tell me how an NFL QB sees a blitz coming off his NON-blind side and still takes a hitch and then moves forward right into the blitz.

Trent has no idea what he is doing out there. Stanford my ars.

Aero II
10-19-2009, 07:41 AM
If that were a hit on Brady, 2 Jets would have been ejected.

mikemac2001
10-19-2009, 07:42 AM
I only saw one replay and it looked like it should have been a penalty

we all know if it was brady ten flags would have been thrown....

Thats all im saying

ghz in pittsburgh
10-19-2009, 07:53 AM
Edwards got HIMSELF killed on that sack.

Tell me how an NFL QB sees a blitz coming off his NON-blind side and still takes a hitch and then moves forward right into the blitz.

Trent has no idea what he is doing out there. Stanford my ars.

Loook, I'm off Edwards wagon for awhile but you just can't blast him on that one. That was a 3 step drop but he didn't see the play there. On 1st or 2nd downs, you may throw it away, but that's a third down play. I think the Hang-man got beaten clean by Jenkins who grabbed Edwards legs, allowing the two Jets coming in to clean him up, otherwise he might step forward to the clear.

Mahdi
10-19-2009, 07:56 AM
Loook, I'm off Edwards wagon for awhile but you just can't blast him on that one. That was a 3 step drop but he didn't see the play there. On 1st or 2nd downs, you may throw it away, but that's a third down play. I think the Hang-man got beaten clean by Jenkins who grabbed Edwards legs, allowing the two Jets coming in to clean him up, otherwise he might step forward to the clear.
That's my whole point. He didn't see it. He knew the Jets were coming, I knew the Jets were coming, the 7 year old girl in the left stands new the Jets were coming, yet he still hitched in the fact of pressure and then stepped right into it?

That is on him. You have to know your hots or make a change at the LOS. Edwards is lost.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-19-2009, 08:06 AM
That's my whole point. He didn't see it. He knew the Jets were coming, I knew the Jets were coming, the 7 year old girl in the left stands new the Jets were coming, yet he still hitched in the fact of pressure and then stepped right into it?

That is on him. You have to know your hots or make a change at the LOS. Edwards is lost.

From my vintage point, he's not wrong on that. He sensed the blitz coming from his right, that's why he's looking right from the get-go trying to hit that pass behind that side of blitz and he tried to run behind that side of blitz around the RT and somebody else before the blitzers get to him. But as I said, the one who made the play is Jenkins who's coming from the other side in a 3-step drop time.

Mahdi
10-19-2009, 08:07 AM
From my vintage point, he's not wrong on that. He sensed the blitz coming from his right, that's why he's looking right from the get-go trying to hit that pass behind that side of blitz and he tried to run behind that side of blitz around the RT and somebody else before the blitzers get to him. But as I said, the one who made the play is Jenkins who's coming from the other side in a 3-step drop time.
Right but you cant Hitch. He should know that. He takes too many sacks.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-19-2009, 08:20 AM
Right but you cant Hitch. He should know that. He takes too many sacks.

I have watched Edwards from his very 1st game. That's something I can tell you: he's NOT a gun slinger. When the play is not there, he's not going to try to stick in there. He's going to hitch. That's just his style and I don't think anyone is going to change him.

For one, he does not have the arm like Favre who can laser it in there.

His best model is Brady who never "sticks" in there like Favre. Brady's best asset, just like we saw on opening night, was the ability to motion people in the right direction to create easy or make-able plays right before the snap. (Don't you always wonder why there are so many wide open plays for him?)
But of course guys like Brady are one out of so many years or even generations.

trapezeus
10-19-2009, 08:32 AM

but every QB in the league gets praised for standing in there and delivering it. I'd be more annoyed if he ducked and threw it away to avoid it...as would you.

I thought it was a penalty because those two jets were driving their legs to push edwards back after his knees were down.

Like draftboy said, i believe we'll be looking at some time off for Edwards. Part of me felt like he got a concussion in the second half of the bucs game.

Of his 5 passes on sunday, 2 were check downs. ugghh...and he has this injury bug...and the bug is the concussion bug. I don't see him beinga long term QB in the league at this point.

Mahdi
10-19-2009, 08:39 AM
I have watched Edwards from his very 1st game. That's something I can tell you: he's NOT a gun slinger. When the play is not there, he's not going to try to stick in there. He's going to hitch. That's just his style and I don't think anyone is going to change him.

For one, he does not have the arm like Favre who can laser it in there.

His best model is Brady who never "sticks" in there like Favre. Brady's best asset, just like we saw on opening night, was the ability to motion people in the right direction to create easy or make-able plays right before the snap. (Don't you always wonder why there are so many wide open plays for him?)
But of course guys like Brady are one out of so many years or even generations.
I have seen Brady do just about everything. Laser, loft, bomb, whatever. If Trent can't stick it in there he wont succeed. Defenses are only getting faster not slower.

SABURZFAN
10-19-2009, 08:42 AM
i think the refs were a little late blowing the whistle on that play. he was on both knees and Pace kept driving him back. that's why no penalty was called.

Forward_Lateral
10-19-2009, 08:44 AM
This thread isn't about whether Trent saw, or didn't see the blitz. It's about whether the hit was malicious, or not.

Mahdi
10-19-2009, 09:09 AM
This thread isn't about whether Trent saw, or didn't see the blitz. It's about whether the hit was malicious, or not.
Well it wasn't malicious. 2 guys sacked him and there was nothing violent about it. Trent moved forward right into it which made it look worse.

Buddo
10-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Well it wasn't malicious. 2 guys sacked him and there was nothing violent about it. Trent moved forward right into it which made it look worse.

When adalius Thomas got done in the Pats game against us, basically it was for 'finishing'. That is exactly what the two Jets did. They could have pulled out/eased off, but they didn't. 'Finishing' isn't allowed on QBs. Simple as.
At least one of those guys will be fined later this week, and rightly so.
With our O-Line now containing guys who seem quite happy to 'mix it up' as it were, I'm quite looking forward to the return against the Jets.
For all our guys were capable of showing some sportsmanship - especially when Jenkins went off - there appeared to be quite a few of the opposition who obviously bypassed that lecture.
How about the STs guy who got ejected for punching a helmetless Fine as just one example?

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 11:25 AM
When adalius Thomas got done in the Pats game against us, basically it was for 'finishing'. That is exactly what the two Jets did. They could have pulled out/eased off, but they didn't. 'Finishing' isn't allowed on QBs. Simple as.
At least one of those guys will be fined later this week, and rightly so.
With our O-Line now containing guys who seem quite happy to 'mix it up' as it were, I'm quite looking forward to the return against the Jets.
For all our guys were capable of showing some sportsmanship - especially when Jenkins went off - there appeared to be quite a few of the opposition who obviously bypassed that lecture.
How about the STs guy who got ejected for punching a helmetless Fine as just one example?

Thomas slammed Trent, Jenkins didn't huge differences in the two plays.