X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Whether you like Trent, or not, that hit was dirty

And should've been a penalty. Seriously. You can get a roughing penalty for tapping a QB's helmet, but when he's clearly down, you can bend him backwards and try to twist his head off, then land on his head with your body? That should've been a penalty, and Pace should be fined, heavily for that malicious attempt to injure someone.
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Whether you like Trent, or not, that hit was dirty

No not in any way shape or form. That kind of a hit happens all the time in the NFL every week. Only difference is that the QB usually doesnt have his knee caught under him. Unfortunate it happened but I dont think it was dirty.

I do find it funny though that every time one of our QB's take a hit and get's hurt, its ALWAYS a dirty play. I mean its incredible how dirty some teams apparently play against only the Bills!
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Seriously, how can you call a guy for trying to tackle a QB at the knees, but you can allow him to do that? Did you not see Pace try to twist Trent's head off?

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
        Seriously, how can you call a guy for trying to tackle a QB at the knees, but you can allow him to do that? Did you not see Pace try to twist Trent's head off?
        You can't in any way look at the tape and say he purposely was trying to twist his head. He didnt grab the mask and pull it around, it was in the act of falling. I went over this yesterday. Falling on him is not a penalty, nobody is even talking about the helmet twist because everybody knows it was not intentional. It sucks his legs were under him yes but no injury was caused due to that, thankfully.
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• Dujek
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Jan 2008

It definitely should have been a penalty. I really don't understand how it wasn't.

There were a lot of cheap shots on players who were pretty defenceless in games yesterday, the hit on the Buccs returner, the hit on Edwards, and an absolutely brutal helmet to helmet hit from Vilma on Eli Manning.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

What is the injury? I didn't hear the announcers say anything, but it sure looked like a knee injury.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

What is the injury? I didn't hear the announcers say anything, but it sure looked like a knee injury.
              Concussion.

It came from the sandwich hit he took before Jenkins fell on top of him.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dujek
                It definitely should have been a penalty. I really don't understand how it wasn't.

There were a lot of cheap shots on players who were pretty defenceless in games yesterday, the hit on the Buccs returner, the hit on Edwards, and an absolutely brutal helmet to helmet hit from Vilma on Eli Manning.
                I dont think the hit Eli took or the hit by Daunte Wesley are even in the same realm as the hit Edwards took.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

Nope, no knee. He hurt his hair.

And, yes, I agree it should have been a penalty.
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    Concussion.

It came from the sandwich hit he took before Jenkins fell on top of him.
                    Really? That's good news, I suppose. Although, with Trent's past concussion history, I wouldn't be surprised if they were extra careful this time.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Really? That's good news, I suppose. Although, with Trent's past concussion history, I wouldn't be surprised if they were extra careful this time.
                      You almost have to be, concussions end careers not just seasons.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

I am iffy on if it should of been a penalty and not too upset by it. It would of definitely would a penalty if he wore #12 and had on a Patriots uniform.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                          The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                          • Feb 2005

Trent= not a star
                          not a star= no penalty
                          In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

If it happens to Tom Brady, it's a penalty.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• casdhf
                              • Jul 2002

I bet Pace gets fined.
                              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                              X