X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Fitzy

I must say, he looked horrible to start, and made some pretty crappy throws, but he did also make some good throws in crunch time. That throw to Reed on 3rd and 7 was nice, and the slant to Evans for the TD (he missed an earlier one).

I think if Fitz gets all the reps this week, he has a chance to play a lot better. I also like his mobility, as he is suprisingly fast.

He definitely has a big league arm, just not quite the accuracy yesterday. I thought he played OK, considering what he had to come into.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Fitzy

He did make some throws that Edwards would have not even attempted. Maybe getting the snaps all week knowing he's the starter will make him look better next week.

Comment

• Buckets
      • Jun 2003

I think this points out some deficiencies that Trent has, particularly how to make something out of a busted play or broken pass protection.

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

He'll be a good backup to have for a few years.
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

I like the fact he drilled a few slants that Edwards wouldn't even attempt. like the TD to Evans.

Still, he stared down Evans on that one bad INT and is nothing more than a decent backup on his best day. What's sad is, that's probably still better than putting Edwards back in.

Edwards 5 for 5 were shorties and I keep thinking we probably would have lost the game with him playing all 4 quarters, for whatever reason. I have zero confidence in the guy to see the WR's beyond 10 yards.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
            I must say, he looked horrible to start, and made some pretty crappy throws, but he did also make some good throws in crunch time. That throw to Reed on 3rd and 7 was nice, and the slant to Evans for the TD (he missed an earlier one).

I think if Fitz gets all the reps this week, he has a chance to play a lot better. I also like his mobility, as he is suprisingly fast.

He definitely has a big league arm, just not quite the accuracy yesterday. I thought he played OK, considering what he had to come into.
            The thing I liked the most about what Fitz did yesterday was anticipating pressure. He felt the pocket around him and made some very good plays to get himself out of a sack and a loss of yards.

How many times do we see Trent being dragged down for a sack by defenders behind him and then just falling forward. It's practically his signature move.

Fitz has great movement in the pocket and he is also athletic enough to hurt defenses with his legs.

He also gave his WRs chances to make plays. He focused on Owens early but clearly he had a bad day so he shifted to Evans.

I like how he trusted Nelson with that back shoulder throw.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

That throw to Nelson was very nice. The throw to Evans that they called incomplete in OT was also nearly perfectly thrown too.

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                That throw to Nelson was very nice. The throw to Evans that they called incomplete in OT was also nearly perfectly thrown too.
                I think the throw to Evans was perfect actually. Evans needs to come down with that cleanly.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

You guys are grasping at straws. Fitzpatrick did nothing more than Edwards could have done.

We won the game because the Jets gave it to us.

If you think Fitzpatrick is better than Edwards have at it but you are wrong.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

I agree Fitz started off like crap but he made some key plays down the stretch..

I'm looking forward to see what he has with a weeks work with the 1st string...

but I thought he slung the ball into our WR with a bit more zip and confidence then Edwards shows..
                    Last edited by ddaryl; 10-19-2009, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      You guys are grasping at straws. Fitzpatrick did nothing more than Edwards could have done.

Fitz got sacked 0 times. Targeted his WRs about 15 times and made plays Trent has been afraid to make all year.

He is better going off yesterday alone.
                      Last edited by Mahdi; 10-19-2009, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Buckets
                        • Jun 2003

8 to 1 on the posts so far but you're reght and we are all wrong

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

It's not how you start but how you finish.

I don't have confidence in Fitz either but all I ask is that the qb throw the ball and trust his wrs to make a play. He did that and we won.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

I may have misread my own post, but I don't think I said Fitz was better than Trent. It's far to early to make that assumption, after 3/4 of a game.

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
                              • Dec 2002

Could have been worse. Could have thrown 5 ints.

Comment

Working...
                              X