PDA

View Full Version : Did the Bills....

yordad
10-19-2009, 07:26 AM
Did the Bills let the clock run down at the end of regulation, then kick a long field goal (that they missed) on second down?

If so, thoughts?

Syderick
10-19-2009, 07:29 AM
Yes they did

TacklingDummy
10-19-2009, 07:29 AM
Dick played it safe and it bit him in the azz. They should have tried to get the ball closer.

Night Train
10-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Did the Bills let the clock run down at the end of regulation, then kick a long field goal (that they missed) on second down?

If so, thoughts?

That was terrible. They had plenty of time to run a couple more plays and get the ball centered between the hash marks. Plus the wind was blowing directly at Lindell .

Jauron just can't manage a game at all.

Jan Reimers
10-19-2009, 07:34 AM
I was incredulous at that play kind of playcalling, and then I came to my senses and realized that Dick Jauron is still our coach, and still an idiot.

THATHURMANATOR
10-19-2009, 07:44 AM
I can't believe they didn't even try a run to get a couple more yards.

Joe Fo Sho
10-19-2009, 07:46 AM
I thought he would've learned from the Cleveland Monday Nighter, but I guess not.

yordad
10-19-2009, 07:47 AM
I seriously thought I must have been missing something. How could a coach possibly think that was the right thing to do?

Bulldog
10-19-2009, 07:50 AM
This is Jauron being his usual conservative self and playing not to lose. Amazing that they seriously thought the were good allowing Lindell to attempt a 48 yarder with the wind tearing through the stadium. Given the conditions, I would have been nervous from 30 yards out, much less 48.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-19-2009, 07:59 AM
The previous Run play was a 2 yard loss, so I'm not sure it is a guarantee a run play would be better. It could be worse like the Jets's 1st possesion in over time where a holding penalty take them out of the field goal range all together.

To me they should try a pass play and I would believe had Edwards in there they might let him do just that: try a 3-step or throw away. I just think they don't really have the feel for the 2nd string QB yet to do so in that situation.

Historian
10-19-2009, 08:14 AM
Classic Jaruon protecting his tie....

ChristopherWalken
10-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Horrible play calling and clock control at the end of the game that nearly came back and bit Jauron on the ass the Jets 1st possession of OT.

justasportsfan
10-19-2009, 09:07 AM
PLay not to lose.

Thats why our team is soft.

I don't think the Pats ran the clock down when they were ahead by 40 pts. thats the difference between BB and Dick .

Philagape
10-19-2009, 09:27 AM
It is a disgrace and injustice that he gets a W in his record from this.
Watching the game with the future in-laws, they were all screaming, "What is he doing?? What is he doing??!?!!?? Who is that coach??" and I just sighed, "Welcome to the World of Dick."

Discotrish
10-19-2009, 10:30 AM
I seriously thought I must have been missing something. How could a coach possibly think that was the right thing to do?

Any Bills victories come in spite of Jauron, not because of him. And the play to "line up" our little 47 yarder at the end. They couldn't have tried to get a few more yards on that, instead of a straight ahead line plunge? Yes, he made the kick. But not because we made it any easier for him.

Reminds me of Superbowl XXV. There are no "gimmee" 47 yarders.

Patti

Ebenezer
10-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Crazy that they did not try to run one more play and kick on third down? 65% yes. They could have lost more yardage and not gotten the chance.

Crazy that they did not try the FG earlier in case there was a problem with the snap and they would have had a chance to kick it again? No. The game was tied. Why set up the chance that you make a mistake and the Jets try a crazy stunt, a long FG or something.

MikeNC
10-19-2009, 10:45 AM
Was it my imagination, or did Dick show zero emotion when the winning FG was hit? This guy is an absolute POS zombie *******...

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 10:47 AM
I thought he made the right call given how bad our OL had run blocked that game and we have a propensity for committing bad penalties.

JD
10-19-2009, 02:01 PM

If so, thoughts?

I was flipping the **** out. We had a timeout remaining I believe, even if we didn't.. we could have downed it and ran Jackson for a few more yards knowing that LINDELL IS RARELY CLUTCH. If the Jets didn't muff that placing for the kick, we would have lost.

Mr. Pink
10-19-2009, 02:04 PM
An NFL kicker should be able to make a 46 yard field goal...period.

Canadian'eh!
10-19-2009, 02:05 PM
If the Jets didn't have a SPECTACULARLY bad game form their QB we also would have lost.

In fact, there are rought 350 deifferent things that could have happened for us to lose.

The game neither team deserved (or wanted) to win.

Canadian'eh!
10-19-2009, 02:05 PM

He did on his 2nd try.... but come on.... the wind as bad as it was? They HAD to try to get more yards before the kick.

Inept coaching from the master.

Ed
10-19-2009, 02:48 PM
I thought he made the right call given how bad our OL had run blocked that game and we have a propensity for committing bad penalties.
I was going to say, knowing us we would have gotten another false start or holding penalty and completely taken ourselves out of FG range. I think it shows how little confidence Jauron has in this offense.

BillsWin
10-19-2009, 03:05 PM
That was pretty Dick of him.

TheBrownBear
10-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Yes we did. Jauron is a f@#$ing idiot. That's why we did it. And if it wasn't stupid enough to do it once (ok...twice counting the Cleveland monday nighter), Jauron shows his complete incompetence by doing it again in overtime. If this guy isn't the worst game manager in the NFL, I don't know who is.

bigbub2352
10-19-2009, 03:30 PM
DJ actually did everything in his power for us to lose the game, and if it wasnt for a shaky start by a rookie QB we would have
that play at the end of the game is everything wrong with this staff and the front office for allowing it
Sad

Yasgur's Farm
10-19-2009, 03:41 PM
-sarcasm-

I'm just glad we even tried the FG... Could have played it safe and knelt it out... You never know when you give a game away with a blocked kick returned for a TD.

-end of sarcasm-

Philagape
10-19-2009, 03:57 PM
I wonder if the Bills had won the toss in OT if they would have let the Jets choose the ball.

DynaPaul
10-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Dick ALMOST snatched defeat from the jaws of victory again but somehow he failed this week.

Canadian'eh!
10-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Dick ALMOST snatched defeat from the jaws of victory again but somehow he failed this week.

Wow... he's moving up.... he's even failing at failing now. If he can fail at that a few mroe times, we might really be good? :trance:

dplus47
10-19-2009, 05:11 PM
i thought they'd at least run a play up the middle to get the ball centered on the field, rather than on the hashmark. instead, they just ran it down. maybe lindell wanted it on the right hash?

JD
10-19-2009, 06:22 PM

Amen. Lindell whiffed an identical kick against your Brownies on monday night. I broke the cup holder off the chair on front of me with my knee because from our vantage point we thought it was good. That son of a *****.

JD
10-19-2009, 06:23 PM
He did on his 2nd try.... but come on.... the wind as bad as it was? They HAD to try to get more yards before the kick.

Inept coaching from the master.

Exactly. But, on the kick he missed....the flags on the poles weren't moving at all. I think Lindell anticipated the wind so he pushed it a little to the right, but there ended up being none at all.