X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Did the Bills....

Did the Bills let the clock run down at the end of regulation, then kick a long field goal (that they missed) on second down?

If so, thoughts?
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad
  • Syderick
    • Apr 2006

Re: Did the Bills....

Yes they did
    3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Dick played it safe and it bit him in the azz. They should have tried to get the ball closer.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by yordad
        Did the Bills let the clock run down at the end of regulation, then kick a long field goal (that they missed) on second down?

If so, thoughts?
        That was terrible. They had plenty of time to run a couple more plays and get the ball centered between the hash marks. Plus the wind was blowing directly at Lindell .

Jauron just can't manage a game at all.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I was incredulous at that play kind of playcalling, and then I came to my senses and realized that Dick Jauron is still our coach, and still an idiot.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

I can't believe they didn't even try a run to get a couple more yards.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

I thought he would've learned from the Cleveland Monday Nighter, but I guess not.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

I seriously thought I must have been missing something. How could a coach possibly think that was the right thing to do?
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Bulldog
                  Top Dog
                  • Jan 2003

This is Jauron being his usual conservative self and playing not to lose. Amazing that they seriously thought the were good allowing Lindell to attempt a 48 yarder with the wind tearing through the stadium. Given the conditions, I would have been nervous from 30 yards out, much less 48.
                  I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                    • Aug 2004

The previous Run play was a 2 yard loss, so I'm not sure it is a guarantee a run play would be better. It could be worse like the Jets's 1st possesion in over time where a holding penalty take them out of the field goal range all together.

To me they should try a pass play and I would believe had Edwards in there they might let him do just that: try a 3-step or throw away. I just think they don't really have the feel for the 2nd string QB yet to do so in that situation.

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

Classic Jaruon protecting his tie....

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
                        • Dec 2002

Horrible play calling and clock control at the end of the game that nearly came back and bit Jauron on the ass the Jets 1st possession of OT.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

PLay not to lose.

Thats why our team is soft.

I don't think the Pats ran the clock down when they were ahead by 40 pts. thats the difference between BB and Dick .
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

It is a disgrace and injustice that he gets a W in his record from this.
                            Watching the game with the future in-laws, they were all screaming, "What is he doing?? What is he doing??!?!!?? Who is that coach??" and I just sighed, "Welcome to the World of Dick."
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Discotrish
                              Raging hypocrite and resident troll
                              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by yordad
                              I seriously thought I must have been missing something. How could a coach possibly think that was the right thing to do?
                              Any Bills victories come in spite of Jauron, not because of him. And the play to "line up" our little 47 yarder at the end. They couldn't have tried to get a few more yards on that, instead of a straight ahead line plunge? Yes, he made the kick. But not because we made it any easier for him.

Reminds me of Superbowl XXV. There are no "gimmee" 47 yarders.

Patti
                              Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

Working...
                              X