PDA

View Full Version : Jamon Meredith

ghz in pittsburgh
10-19-2009, 07:43 AM
I tried to watch him a little more but it's hard to focus on him from the tube. He had help a few times. Overall, I thought he did even better than Bell (for me).

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/832076.html

It's only a game but certainly that's something to build on.

To be honest, I thought the Bills Offensive fortunes have a lot to do with the performance of the line. The first two games, they did OK. Once Butler got injured, things started to ravel. Then you have Bell out to the low point of Chambers performance. Hopefully there is some stability for this group to grow this season.

Mahdi
10-19-2009, 07:54 AM
I tried to watch him a little more but it's hard to focus on him from the tube. He had help a few times. Overall, I thought he did even better than Bell (for me).

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/832076.html

It's only a game but certainly that's something to build on.

To be honest, I thought the Bills Offensive fortunes have a lot to do with the performance of the line. The first two games, they did OK. Once Butler got injured, things started to ravel. Then you have Bell out to the low point of Chambers performance. Hopefully there is some stability for this group to grow this season.
Meredith looked a lot like Bell did in his first start. Showed lots of raw athletic ability and the potential ppl saw of him coming out of college.

We might have landed 2 very cheap very effective and athletic OTs.

yordad
10-19-2009, 08:01 AM
He held his own. Eye opening for a rookie bum off some other teams practice squad. We may have found a real steal here.

Mahdi
10-19-2009, 08:03 AM
He held his own. Eye opening for a rookie bum off some other teams practice squad. We may have found a real steal here.
Thing is Meredith is not a bum. He was highly regarded coming out of South Carolina. If he does well it wont be a surprise.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-19-2009, 08:09 AM
Meredith looked a lot like Bell did in his first start. Showed lots of raw athletic ability and the potential ppl saw of him coming out of college.

We might have landed 2 very cheap very effective and athletic OTs.

Bell had at least two false starts and got beaten clean a couple of times in his New England debut. Meredith had none of those.

Mahdi
10-19-2009, 08:11 AM
Bell had at least two false starts and got beaten clean a couple of times in his New England debut. Meredith had none of those.
yeah. Good point. But besides those errors he looked very good against NE. He was a beast on screen plays and toss plays and pass protected well on the whole.

ddaryl
10-19-2009, 08:16 AM
It's nice having these talented up and coming OT's and G's on this team... the problem is there isn't crap surrounding them that can mentor them into being all that they can be

yordad
10-19-2009, 08:17 AM
Thing is Meredith is not a bum. He was highly regarded coming out of South Carolina. If he does well it wont be a surprise.Maybe I should have put that in quotes for you. Dude got cut from the Packers injury riddled line. Apparently the Pack thought he was a bum.

I understand he was rank as high as the second, but dude was still in the rough. Not to mention, I would not have minded it at all if we drafted him.

Mahdi
10-19-2009, 08:20 AM
Maybe I should have put that in quotes for you. Dude got cut from the Packers injury riddled line. Apparently the Pack thought he was a bum.

I understand he was rank as high as the second, but dude was still in the rough. Not to mention, I would not have minded it at all if we drafted him.
I think the Pack was ******ed to put this kid on the PS considering their OTs are horrendous.

Kid is full of potential and you put him out there to get snagged? Not smart.

SABURZFAN
10-19-2009, 09:24 AM
i thought he did ok.

casdhf
10-19-2009, 09:28 AM
If we can get the same 5 guys to play for more than one game in a row, our OL will be pretty good, I think. The middle is already 10x better than last season.

yordad
10-19-2009, 09:30 AM
I think the Pack was ******ed to put this kid on the PS considering their OTs are horrendous.

Kid is full of potential and you put him out there to get snagged? Not smart.I agree.

SABURZFAN
10-19-2009, 09:31 AM
:yawn:

:z:

bigbub2352
10-19-2009, 09:33 AM
If u didnt hear his name a bunch of times then he was doing his job, its like having an extra 5th rd pick so he obviously has potential and he looked alot better than Scott and Chambers that is all that we can hope for

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Said it when we signed him (as did others) it was a great signing and much better than grabbing Jon Runyan (who is still unsigned I believe).

Meredith committed no penalties, allowed no sacks, and overall was probably our best OL yesterday as he handled Shaun Ellis regularly and blitzers off the 3-4 edge. He also came down and helped to double Jenkins (before Jenkins got hurt) and on one play made a hell of a seal block to open up a lane for Jackson to go through.

If Meredith continues his play and Bell continues his development you're looking at OT's and OG's being set for the next decade.

Ebenezer
10-19-2009, 10:47 AM
Said it when we signed him (as did others) it was a great signing and much better than grabbing Jon Runyan (who is still unsigned I believe).

Meredith committed no penalties, allowed no sacks, and overall was probably our best OL yesterday as he handled Shaun Ellis regularly and blitzers off the 3-4 edge. He also came down and helped to double Jenkins (before Jenkins got hurt) and on one play made a hell of a seal block to open up a lane for Jackson to go through.

If Meredith continues his play and Bell continues his development you're looking at OT's and OG's being set for the next decade.
until their price gets too high and RW lets them walk.

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 10:48 AM
until their price gets too high and RW lets them walk.

Yes because we never re-sign anyone, I forgot.

Ebenezer
10-19-2009, 10:50 AM
Yes because we never re-sign anyone, I forgot.
not saying that all five will go but they won't keep all five either.

DraftBoy
10-19-2009, 10:55 AM
not saying that all five will go but they won't keep all five either.

Done it before, they could do it again. Its no unheard of at all, and I only want them to keep 4 right now, Im not sold on Hang long term. Great versatile backup though.

Oaf
10-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Our run blocking was nonexistent.

Our pass blocking still always had the QBs skittish in the pocket, which I think really has ruined Edwards' confidence to look downfield.

The rookie OL excuse is not a valid one IMO- these guys need to play better for us to win more often.