PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call: Going to the Panthers game

ServoBillieves
10-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Me and an array of red white and blue wearing drunks (107 in my group to tally), ranging from uncles to cousins to family friends to homeless people with Bills hats (yes, true statement). Weather is supposed to be beautiful

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USNC0121

0% chance of precipitation when rain all before and after? Yes please.

I'll start the tally here:
HargroveforMVP + 106 nutjob alcoholics
CLTBillsFAN1 + 15-20
don137 + 8
BlackMetalNinja
PaulB
pintonick96 and pinto princess
Mikey82 + 2 (maybe)
Cntrygal ?
Dr. Pepper + 5
tampabay25690 + 12
FlyingDutchman + 25
DBrown77 + 12
Carpetbagger + a couple (hopefully)

BUFF Bills
10-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Count me in for somewhere between 15 and 20 buffalo fans...

don137
10-19-2009, 11:08 AM
I will be going as well....Have 8 going in the family odyssey. Will be hooking up with a group of people from the Townshipp Grille in Matthews who rented two vans-I think their is 2 or 3 spots left in one van for any interested in meeting there tailgating and driving up at 1:30.
I plan on being uptown between 12-12:30

ServoBillieves
10-19-2009, 12:59 PM
137 so far...

pintonick96
10-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Me and the other "pinto princes" will be there

BlackMetalNinja
10-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Myself and PaulB will be there as well

ServoBillieves
10-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Anyone who's been down there I'm going to be in Fort Mill. The caravan we're leaving in is leaving "Stir Crazy" Sports Bar, but I'll be down there from Thursday on, anyone have any suggestions as to good bars in the area?

Michael82
10-19-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm not sure what my plans are, yet. But I will be in North Carolina for the weekend. I'm staying with my sister and brother-in-law. I will be their guest, so I will be going where ever they go. Maybe I'll see some of you guys there when we go. Not sure what time we are leaving though.

Cntrygal
10-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Sounds like fun!

don137
10-19-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm not sure what my plans are, yet. But I will be in North Carolina for the weekend. I'm staying with my sister and brother-in-law. I will be their guest, so I will be going where ever they go. Maybe I'll see some of you guys there when we go. Not sure what time we are leaving though.

Let us know when you find the stuff out. Do you know where you are sitting? I figure I will talgate where Aussie girl put the link at lot 309 at 309 West Trade St. since it sound like many Bills fans will be there.

Michael82
10-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Let us know when you find the stuff out. Do you know where you are sitting? I figure I will talgate where Aussie girl put the link at lot 309 at 309 West Trade St. since it sound like many Bills fans will be there.
No idea. I gotta talk to my sister about it. I got your cell phone number. I'll probably call you sometime on Sunday.

Dr. Pepper
10-19-2009, 03:51 PM
me and 5 friends are flying down to visit our friend/go to the game.

don137
10-19-2009, 04:14 PM
No idea. I gotta talk to my sister about it. I got your cell phone number. I'll probably call you sometime on Sunday.

Sounds good...

hammerbillsfan
10-19-2009, 05:10 PM
have fun everyone! :gobills: :beers:

tampabay25690
10-19-2009, 06:31 PM
I will be there.....
Should be around 12 of us total...

FlyingDutchman
10-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Anyone who's been down there I'm going to be in Fort Mill. The caravan we're leaving in is leaving "Stir Crazy" Sports Bar, but I'll be down there from Thursday on, anyone have any suggestions as to good bars in the area?

What type of bar are you looking for? if you dont mind spending a dime, check out strike city in epicenter. Its an upscale bowling alley/bar with a million t.v's and sports on each one, its a blast. Theres also a ton of bars around there that really give you a sense of the charlotte night life. Just stay out of places like Mez and Suite bc theyre loaded with complete douches who fake tan and wear tight shirts with crazy jelled hair and the women are just as pretenious. Theres a buffalo bar near all that on the corner of 5th and tryon st called town tavern. If youre looking a real Buffalo bar check out Tavern on the Tracks. Thats where I go most sundays. Its a Bills and Sabres bar that is nuts on sundays...Theres also a strip joint half a mile down the road if the chicks there dont do it for ya...

as for the game, ill be there with about 25 friends. we're also having a tailgate at my buddys place about 100 yards down the road from the practice field. we're expecting about 80 bills fans, and the girls who live across the street are panthers fans and expecting about 40 people so it should be a blast...Go Bills

DBrown77
10-19-2009, 07:37 PM
I will be there with about 12 people. 3rd and Church st. parking lot.

I hear there's a huge tailgate at Tavern on the Tracks too!

I sometimes tailgate for the Panthers games and there's even people in Bills jerseys then. I expect a huge turnout of Bills fans.

Don't Panic
10-19-2009, 08:03 PM
I will be there with a couple of buddies and we're meeting up with about 7-10 others. No tix yet... PM me if you have 2 to unload. I'm feeling like something will break between now and then, though.

ServoBillieves
10-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Dutch thanks for all the information! Also, I mixed up what bar I'm going to, I will be leaving from Town Tavern or Tavern on the Tracks, I know that Tavern and Bills bar are the idea... $20 for food and a but down to the game... I'm for it.

ServoBillieves
10-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Dutch thanks for all the information! Also, I mixed up what bar I'm going to, I will be leaving from Town Tavern or Tavern on the Tracks, I know that Tavern and Bills bar are the idea... $20 for food and a but down to the game... I'm for it.

Also Carpet, I may, HUGE may, have some spare tickets if people can't show up. I'll PM you sometime around friday or saturday to let you know.

jimbledsoe
10-20-2009, 12:27 AM
I am in charlotte. Looking for a ticket, and maybe a tailgate to pregame at. All my friends are Panthers Fans. It would be great to hang with Bills Fans.

dmosher12
10-20-2009, 01:41 AM
moved to greensboro in may would love to go, but poor... your spare ticket prices may tempt me tho

ServoBillieves
10-20-2009, 09:39 AM
195 total so far...

BlackMetalNinja
10-20-2009, 10:08 AM
So where is everybody parking to tailgate? It seems like there is pretty much no real tailgating to be done... I'm considering the 309 W. Trade St., seems to be where the local Bills Backers plan on being.

ServoBillieves
10-20-2009, 10:20 AM
So where is everybody parking to tailgate? It seems like there is pretty much no real tailgating to be done... I'm considering the 309 W. Trade St., seems to be where the local Bills Backers plan on being.

I was wondering what the Bills Backers were doing. There are a couple at Town Tavern I know of. It's a shame there really isn't a tailgate atmosphere like at the Ralph... but I'm sure as the week unfolds we'll get a clearer picture as to who will be where.

don137
10-20-2009, 06:47 PM
For those looking for tickets there will be scalpers all over the place. You will not have a problem finding tickets. When the Panthers suck the fans give up on them rather quickly.

ServoBillieves
10-21-2009, 07:47 PM
For those looking for tickets there will be scalpers all over the place. You will not have a problem finding tickets. When the Panthers suck the fans give up on them rather quickly.

My father seconds that, said when he was younger there were plenty of scalpers.

FlyingDutchman
10-21-2009, 08:48 PM
If youre looking for a scalper just get off at the Trade st exit. Theyre always standing right there on the right when you get off.

tampabay25690
10-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Anyone of you that know me can hit me up on facebook on SUNDAY and would be glad to buy you a drink........I guess we are hanging at a BILLS fans house 2 blocks from the stadium...

FlyingDutchman
10-22-2009, 08:03 AM
Anyone of you that know me can hit me up on facebook on SUNDAY and would be glad to buy you a drink........I guess we are hanging at a BILLS fans house 2 blocks from the stadium...

really? wouldnt be surprised if it was my buddies place. do you know what street its on?

Don't Panic
10-22-2009, 09:02 AM
Also Carpet, I may, HUGE may, have some spare tickets if people can't show up. I'll PM you sometime around friday or saturday to let you know.
Thanks man... got my miracle yesterday, though. We'll be in the Club seats... famine to feast! Gotta love it! Looking forward to seeing some of you guys.

Don't Panic
10-22-2009, 09:03 AM

That's where we're gonna be BMN... I have heard good things about that spot, plus its $20, which is cheap for this game.

don137
10-22-2009, 10:11 AM
Thanks man... got my miracle yesterday, though. We'll be in the Club seats... famine to feast! Gotta love it! Looking forward to seeing some of you guys.

Sweet. Me too, I think. I have 8 tickets. 4 are at the 50 yard line 4 rows up and 4 are in the club level at the 45 yard line. I will sit where ever my kids want me to sit.
BTW, I will also be tailgating at 309 West Trade St. I will be in a black odyssey. I will be wearing a Bennett or Kelly jersey.

ServoBillieves
10-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Sweet. Me too, I think. I have 8 tickets. 4 are at the 50 yard line 4 rows up and 4 are in the club level at the 45 yard line. I will sit where ever my kids want me to sit.
BTW, I will also be tailgating at 309 West Trade St. I will be in a black odyssey. I will be wearing a Bennett or Kelly jersey.

Hey if you don't want those 50 yard line tickets...

don137
10-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Hey if you don't want those 50 yard line tickets...
Sorry all 8 are accounted for. Just not sure who is sitting where.

NorthCarBills
10-22-2009, 01:54 PM
Me and an array of red white and blue wearing drunks (107 in my group to tally), ranging from uncles to cousins to family friends to homeless people with Bills hats (yes, true statement). Weather is supposed to be beautiful

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USNC0121

0% chance of precipitation when rain all before and after? Yes please.

I'll start the tally here:
HargroveforMVP + 106 nutjob alcoholics
CLTBillsFAN1 + 15-20
don137 + 8
BlackMetalNinja
PaulB
pintonick96 and pinto princess
Mikey82 + 2 (maybe)
Cntrygal ?
Dr. Pepper + 5
tampabay25690 + 12
FlyingDutchman + 25
DBrown77 + 12
Carpetbagger + a couple (hopefully)

My uncle Ed Elley who is the Bills Backer leader (or whatever you call it) at Township Grille in Charlotte will be there, as well as my folks who are tagging along with him.

don137
10-22-2009, 02:35 PM
My uncle Ed Elley who is the Bills Backer leader (or whatever you call it) at Township Grille in Charlotte will be there, as well as my folks who are tagging along with him.

Yea, Ed called me today. I am meeting him at Township Grille and he rented a extended van and will be following me up there. Add about 10 people that will be there in his van so if you want to add Ed's group to my group we are up to 18 in my group.

NorthCarBills
10-22-2009, 02:44 PM
Yea, Ed called me today. I am meeting him at Township Grille and he rented a extended van and will be following me up there. Add about 10 people that will be there in his van so if you want to add Ed's group to my group we are up to 18 in my group.

I'm sure he'd be game to hang out in a bigger crowd. My folks are people persons so they'd love it.

Don't Panic
10-24-2009, 07:08 AM
I'm getting really excited for tomorrow! Looking like fantastic weather... one request from all who are going - give the Buffalo sports fan a good name and keep it positive. I am so sick of hearing about how Buffalo fans "conducted themselves" in Raleigh during our last good run (Sabres). We have the worst image outside of Buffalo and I want to show them that we can be passionate without being Dbags.

Also, I know the mood in Buffalo at games these days... lots of negativity. All my Buffalo friends tell me its like a lot of people are just waiting for them to mess it up at some point (which I guess I can understand) from the moment they walk into the stadium (or even before). I'd love to see us remain hopeful throughout the game, even if we are making some mistakes. It's amazing what some positive vibrations can do for the cause.

Looking forward to seeing everyone out in the lots bright and early. Gonna be a great days for Bills football!

BlackMetalNinja
10-24-2009, 07:28 AM
I'm getting really excited for tomorrow! Looking like fantastic weather... one request from all who are going - give the Buffalo sports fan a good name and keep it positive. I am so sick of hearing about how Buffalo fans "conducted themselves" in Raleigh during our last good run (Sabres). We have the worst image outside of Buffalo and I want to show them that we can be passionate without being Dbags.

Also, I know the mood in Buffalo at games these days... lots of negativity. All my Buffalo friends tell me its like a lot of people are just waiting for them to mess it up at some point (which I guess I can understand) from the moment they walk into the stadium (or even before). I'd love to see us remain hopeful throughout the game, even if we are making some mistakes. It's amazing what some positive vibrations can do for the cause.

Looking forward to seeing everyone out in the lots bright and early. Gonna be a great days for Bills football!I'm with you on at least the first half. I'm so sick of hearing how Sabres fans are the devil around here, though truth be told, I think it's more of a case that they hate the fact that we put 1/3 of the butts in the seats for those games. As for the 2nd part, I'll try, no promises though. I'm far less excited about this game now than I was several weeks ago.

Don't Panic
10-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Fair enough, BMN... just try your hardest - that's all I'm askin!

ServoBillieves
10-25-2009, 07:47 AM
Anyone who didn't have the opportunity to go to Town Tavern (next to Connoly's) yesterday/last night, you missed a hell of a time. Anyone who did met great, friendly people, awesome drink specials, and rowdy but polite fans. I sent an email to the owner giving kudos to such a great establishment. Also got to congratulate Kenny (pinto ron) on his 252nd game in a row! Let's take it to 'em today boys!

BlackMetalNinja
10-25-2009, 07:50 AM
Rolling out within the next half hour or so... See all those in the lot at 309 W. Trade around 12:30pm hopefully! Let's Go Buffalo!

BlackMetalNinja
10-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Just wanted to thank Don again for the tickets and it was nice meeting him. Also very nice to meet Carpetbagger finally and thanks for the hospitality at your tailgate man!

don137
10-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Just wanted to thank Don again for the tickets and it was nice meeting him. Also very nice to meet Carpetbagger finally and thanks for the hospitality at your tailgate man!

Yea, it was great meeting Carpetbagger, PaulB and yourself. The tailgate was a lot of fun. Bills fans were very well represented at the game.