PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Fitzpatrick proved something yesterday

xXSpIkes5IXx
10-19-2009, 10:50 AM
When his number was called, he stepped in and got the job done.

Welcome sight considering the bills did not win a single game Losman played in last year.

Kudos to Ryan

Ebenezer
10-19-2009, 10:53 AM
from yesterday we don't know anything more about him than we did before other than he can win a game where the other team does everything they can to give the game away.

homeslice5484
10-19-2009, 10:56 AM
i did find myself saying, theres no way Trent makes that throw..or rush the offense to the line to catch the jets d off balance for the qb sneak.....I want to see what he does with a full week of practice.

Philagape
10-19-2009, 10:58 AM
The only reason he won was that he was not Sanchez bad.

That said, I can't blame a guy who's rusty and hasn't gotten starter reps all year. With a week of full practice, he should be able to get his % from 40 up to 57 :party:

chernobylwraiths
10-19-2009, 11:04 AM
He looked awful at times. He threw at receivers feet, behind them and nowhere near them at times. He made one play. Let's not get to happy about his performance. The Jets handed that game to us.

That game only hurt our chances for the top pick.

Syderick
10-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Hey Browns gave away that game and Trent couldn't win that. We now know Fitz can win games when the other team is giving the Bills a chance.

xXSpIkes5IXx
10-19-2009, 11:07 AM
The only reason he won was that he was not Sanchez bad.

That said, I can't blame a guy who's rusty and hasn't gotten starter reps all year. With a week of full practice, he should be able to get his % from 40 up to 57 :party:

He did contribute heavily to erasing a 10 point half time deficit.

I think he deserves a LITTLE credit for the win, cmon...

justasportsfan
10-19-2009, 11:08 AM
All he proved is that if you throw the ball good things can happen.

Philagape
10-19-2009, 11:10 AM

I think he deserves a LITTLE credit for the win, cmon...

Define heavily. A QB that completed less than half his passes doesn't do anything heavily.
The QB that won the game for the Bills is Sanchez. Not to mention the Jets' 14 penalties

BillsWin
10-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Fitz proved he could do just enough to win coming in cold, but that was a costly INT in OT that almost lost us the game. Maybe with a week of reps under his belt and a good gameplan he can make some stuff happen. I'll give him this, some of his throws actually got me excited. That deep ball to Lee that was called back was a perfect throw and over 5 yards! WOW! What a concept! Maybe we can get excited about Bills football until Captain Checkdown returns. Trent is probably the better option in the long run (this season), but like Evans said after the game...

"[Fitz] came in and we didn't miss a beat."

ZacGriffi~82
10-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Fitz also proved that all of the sacks can't be put on the O-line. When he came in we suddenly had time to throw the ball. . . what a coincidence. Shame that his accuracy was ****, but i'd rather that then what Trent was doing.

Yasgur's Farm
10-19-2009, 11:17 AM

I think he deserves a LITTLE credit for the win, cmon...Interestingly enough... This isn't the 1st time Trent's been credited with a win in a game he was trailing in... That makes 2 in NY so far.

TheBrownBear
10-19-2009, 11:18 AM
If you objectively analyze Fitzpatrick outside of the warped Buffalo QB paradigm, then by all measures he sucked. Inaccurate. Bad decisions that should have gotten picked. Terrible interception in a place where you can't afford to make a mistake (OT). Etc.

Now having said that, do I think we come back from 13-3 with Edwards at QB? No.

Philagape
10-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Interestingly enough... This isn't the 1st time Trent's been credited with a win in a game he was trailing in... That makes 2 in NY so far.

He never trailed in this game, or that one.

In both games, the Bills scored first, and Edwards left when it was 3-3

xXSpIkes5IXx
10-19-2009, 11:40 AM
He looked awful at times. He threw at receivers feet, behind them and nowhere near them at times. He made one play. Let's not get to happy about his performance. The Jets handed that game to us.

That game only hurt our chances for the top pick.

Unbelievable.

I can not stand individuals who are disappointed with a WIN, on the road, against a division opponent, when many places picked us to lose by 2 TDs, with our backup QB playing 3/4ths of the game.

I don't care if they handed it to us, a win is a win.

If you want the Bills to lose a game simply for the reasons that Jauron can be fired or we can get the top pick, you have no business being a fan.

One, we are not bad enough to get the top pick, if you look at the talent level of our team vs. some of the other bad ones. Two, odds are Jauron is going to be fired at the end of the year anyway.

So enjoy the freaking win guys.

Syderick
10-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Fitz also proved that all of the sacks can't be put on the O-line. When he came in we suddenly had time to throw the ball. . . what a coincidence. Shame that his accuracy was ****, but i'd rather that then what Trent was doing.

Did you see him move around the pocket, deke and juke defenders?

chernobylwraiths
10-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Unbelievable.

I can not stand individuals who are disappointed with a WIN, on the road, against a division opponent, when many places picked us to lose by 2 TDs, with our backup QB playing 3/4ths of the game.

I don't care if they handed it to us, a win is a win.

If you want the Bills to lose a game simply for the reasons that Jauron can be fired or we can get the top pick, you have no business being a fan.

One, we are not bad enough to get the top pick, if you look at the talent level of our team vs. some of the other bad ones. Two, odds are Jauron is going to be fired at the end of the year anyway.

So enjoy the freaking win guys.

One more win will do nothing this year. It was a garbage game with a slight bit of relief at the end. But then I remembered that we still have the same garbage coach and front office. I DID enjoy the win but it was frustrating as hell to watch that team play.