PDA

View Full Version : Hardy and S Johnson

unpaid_bills
10-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Sorry if has been posted before anyone know the status of James Hardy he has been on PUP all year does that mean he is on injured reserve is he going to play this year?

Also what happened to Steve Johnson couldnt find anything on him

DMBcrew36
10-19-2009, 12:08 PM
He's supposed to be back this week right? Or at least off of the PUP list this week?

homeslice5484
10-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Stevie will only play if Reed goes down or we go 4 wide without a TE or Jackson as the #4. Stevie played on punts yesterday.

Hardy I think will still be a few weeks away from being active, they have 21 days I think to activate him and if hes activated might not be active on gameday for a while.

madness
10-19-2009, 12:16 PM
JamesHardy84 First day back can't tell how excited I am **** it's been a long 9 months but it's over!! I'm ready to contribute

5. Hi Chris,

2 part question for you:
1. Wondering how James Hardy’s rehabilitation is going with his knee? I think I remember you writing that the Bills have the first 6 weeks of the season to decide whether or not to bring him to the active roster or to permanantly place him on IR for ‘09.
2. If they bring him back, which player comes off the roster at this point?

Thank you,
Anthony
CB: James is doing very well. What can happen after Monday Oct. 19 is he can become eligible to begin practicing with the team if they feel he is ready to do so. That would begin a 21-day practice period in which he can practice with the team, but he does not have to be added to the active roster during that time.
At the end of the three week practice period the team must decide at that time whether to add him to the active roster or put him on season-ending injured reserve. And yes another player would have to be waived to make room for him on the roster. Who that player is would be up to the coaching staff.
The staff does not have to begin practicing him this week. They could wait another week or two weeks to begin the 21-day practice windown period.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/10/16/fan-friday-10-16/

homeslice5484
10-19-2009, 12:24 PM
I doubt we see Hardy on the field for at least a few more weeks.

TigerJ
10-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Hardy's expected return is one reason for all the rumblings about a possible Parrish trade. I don't know if Buffalo will get even a nibble as they shop Parrish, but I'm guessing that traded or cut, Parrish is gone as soon as Buffalo thinks Hardy can play.

JD
10-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Can't wait for Johnson to get back in the lineup.

Michael82
10-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Can't wait for Johnson to get back in the lineup.
He was active on Sunday and didnt do ****. I'm sorry...but I still dont get the love for the guy.

Demon
10-19-2009, 05:33 PM
He was active on Sunday and didnt do ****. I'm sorry...but I still dont get the love for the guy.

Exactly. A coaching staff who is desperate for wins would not be benching the "better" guys. Steve Johnson can make a crazy catch here and there and he showed that last year in training camp and might have a decent game here and there. But on a consistent basis in the NFL, i don't think he has the skills. He has the desire but sometimes lacking the talent truly hurts you.

I'm looking forward to James Hardy. Hope he can have a nice finish to the season and we can look forward to a strong training camp and season next year from him. Hardy has been working hard from all i've seen and read and is in great shape. As long as he keeps his head in the game and works on plays he should be a good player.

unpaid_bills
10-20-2009, 10:35 AM
i think Hardy can make a big impact if he can stay healthy. Im not saying Johnson should start would be a nice change of pace, plus he can play on special teams, we seem to have more and more injured players anyway. I would like see more 4 WR sets Owens, Evans, Reed, Hard or Johnson or Nelson. Lynch/Jackson are nice pass catchers too. Just more options is all our current WR core is not exactely lighting it up, granted look who is throwing the ball but they need to do a better job route running and catching

HHURRICANE
10-20-2009, 10:58 AM

Bingo!!!!!!

HE LOOKED LIKE CRAP IN PRE-SEASON.

Unfortunately, the Bills seem to be able to coach the talent out of every rookie.

The Jokeman
10-20-2009, 11:30 AM
The love for him is he was a 7th Round pick that many mocks predicted him going higher and he outplayed a 2nd Round pick that was selected in the same year. I'll give him credit that he does offer up some size that Lee Evans and Josh Reed don't have in terms of height but in terms of contributing he doesn't offer much on special teams and hasn't found a niche as possession receiver that many thought he might develop into. He doesn't deserve the love he's been getting but he might have a shot next year if we elect not to re-sign Josh Reed.