PDA

View Full Version : Sanchez is now the "Broadway Schmo" and the Bills are "lowly"

BillsWin
10-19-2009, 03:31 PM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/10/19/gal_backpage_091019.jpg

I find that pretty accurate, sad, but accurate. However I definitely got a laugh. Sanchez goes from golden boy and object of affection and obsession by ESPN to a punch line.

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2009, 03:32 PM
I didn't want to say it during the game, due to superstition... But didn't he look like JP Losman?

Yasgur's Farm
10-19-2009, 03:36 PM
JP never threw 5 INT's

Michael82
10-19-2009, 03:39 PM
I didn't want to say it during the game, due to superstition... But didn't he look like JP Losman?
Like I said yesterday....another typical pretty boy California QB that can't handle the cold weather.

TheBrownBear
10-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Sanchez sucked, but he will have better days ahead. He's got all the tools. A better receiving corps will help. Jets fans just need to show some patience.

Crisis
10-19-2009, 03:51 PM
sanchez sucks. didn't like him on draft day and yesterday did nothing to make me change my mind. there wasn't a single play by him where you were like, "yeah he can be pretty good."

thomas jones ran for a franchise record and your offense still only scores 13 points? that's about as terrible as it gets for a quarterback.

Michael82
10-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Sanchez sucked, but he will have better days ahead. He's got all the tools. A better receiving corps will help. Jets fans just need to show some patience.
Sorry, I'm not seeing it. He's overrated and playing on a team with a great OL and damn good running game. Plus Coach Sal said that they are playing a limited offense, perfect for a rookie and he's still struggling. I see him getting run out of NYC after a few seasons.

Barb
10-19-2009, 03:58 PM

i dunno IF he has all the tools, his arm really couldnt handle the wind and bad weather yesterday and its goin to get worse in the next months, man would i love to have the jets take a qb as their franchise qb who cant play in the bad weather

mybills
10-19-2009, 04:00 PM
It also says "Eli's meltdown"

How did he melt down? He was in it right to the end, and if anyone on the Giants melted down, it was their defense.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-19-2009, 04:13 PM
It also says "Eli's meltdown"

How did he melt down? He was in it right to the end, and if anyone on the Giants melted down, it was their defense.

Eli made a bad INT and bad fumble. He also got away with a Pick 6 that was terrible call. He was down 48-20 when he was puled from game in 4th. He was 14 of 31. He had a bad game and has the best OL in NFL. Eli is a great QB but he definitely had a bad game.

mybills
10-19-2009, 04:19 PM
I saw confusion all over the place, and it should not all go on Eli's shoulders, because as you just said, he is a great QB. The whole team didn't seem to be clicking on all cylinders, especially the defense. So, he may have had a bad game, but I wouldn't say "Eli's meltdown".

TheBrownBear
10-19-2009, 04:22 PM
I want Sanchez to fail as much as anyone here (I hate USC as much as I love the Bills). I just think it's premature to go labeling him as a bust. He's played four pretty good games for a rookie, and two horrendously bad ones. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't turn out to be at least an average NFL starter during the course of his career.

DynaPaul
10-19-2009, 04:34 PM
What? You mean Sanchez isn't going to be joining Chad Pennington in the Hall of Fame now?