PDA

View Full Version : Trade deadline tomorrow

G Wolly
10-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Trade Lynch. Let the ground deliveries come courtesy of Fred-X.

SquishDaFish
10-19-2009, 06:07 PM
No way in hell. 2 backs are better then 1. Trade parrish and thats it.

G Wolly
10-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Can we just trade our entire offensive line with New England's?

SquishDaFish
10-19-2009, 06:10 PM
LOL I think in the long run that is one thing that will be a strength on this team after the young guys get their playing time

JD
10-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Trade Owens, we don't ****ing use the guy anyway! Might as well get something to build for our future than nothing at all come January!

TacklingDummy
10-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Trade Ownes, Lynch, Whitner, Cut Parrish.

TacklingDummy
10-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Notice how the Bills ground game has suffered ever since Lynch came back?

X-Era
10-19-2009, 06:30 PM
The better question is whom if anyone we trade FOR!!!

This team needs help.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Can we trade our head coach? The only player I would like to see traded is Parrish and that is it. All you guys that want to trade away the team kill me.

Why would we want to trade away the team? Why not wait to see if we get a new coach first. You never know what a qualified head coach could do with the roster we have.

G Wolly
10-19-2009, 06:31 PM
"Beast Mode" doesn't exist anymore.

Whether he's not getting the right blocks, he lost his vision of open field, or he dances too much trying to gain more yards instead of running forward.

If Marshawn trucked ahead like Brandon Jacobs, Beast Mode would still be alive and well.

G Wolly
10-19-2009, 06:32 PM
You never know what a qualified head coach could do with the roster we have.

And we never will until ownership of this team has changed hands from the cheapskate Ralphy to someone whos willing to spend money to win.

T-Long
10-19-2009, 06:38 PM
Did I miss something? Did you all not see the Jets defense getting worn down late in the game. Lynch is a stud at running back and wouldn't trade him. It takes 5 guys to bring him down! Put him behind an experienced good line and then tell me we should trade him.

TacklingDummy
10-19-2009, 06:40 PM
"Beast Mode" doesn't exist anymore.

Whether he's not getting the right blocks, he lost his vision of open field, or he dances too much trying to gain more yards instead of running forward.

If Marshawn trucked ahead like Brandon Jacobs, Beast Mode would still be alive and well.
The Bills ave. 129 rushing per game without Lynch, 111 yards with him.

The Bills also averaged 21.3 PPG without Lynch, 9.6 PPG with him.

Jackson is the player who makes this offense go.

TacklingDummy
10-19-2009, 06:42 PM
Did I miss something? Did you all not see the Jets defense getting worn down late in the game. Lynch is a stud at running back and wouldn't trade him. It takes 5 guys to bring him down! Put him behind an experienced good line and then tell me we should trade him.

Lynch is a dime a dozen running back. It also took the Jets 5 guys to get Jackson down on several occasion too. What's your point?

T-Long
10-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Lynch is a dime a dozen running back. It also took the Jets 5 guys to get Jackson down on several occasion too. What's your point?
My point is we have 2 great RB's and trading one of them is ******ed. Who do you want spelling Jackson if Lynch was dealt....Xavier ****ing Omon?? Sometimes I wonder what the hell goes on in people's brains on here sometimes..

The Juice Is Loose
10-19-2009, 06:43 PM

if we trade lynch i'm going with him. he's on the guy on this team with balls.

nobody in the damn league, maybe marion barber, that runs with the force of beastmode.

anybody who thinks we should trade him, :nsfw:

TacklingDummy
10-19-2009, 06:49 PM
My point is we have 2 great RB's and trading one of them is ******ed. Who do you want spelling Jackson if Lynch was dealt....Xavier ****ing Omon?? Sometimes I wonder what the hell goes on in people's brains on here sometimes..
See first 3 games...No Lynch, No problem.

Neither one is great.

TacklingDummy
10-19-2009, 06:50 PM
nobody in the damn league, maybe marion barber, that runs with the force of beastmode.

All that and a 3.0 YPC average. :clap: /sarcasm clap off.

T-Long
10-19-2009, 06:51 PM
See first 3 games...No Lynch, No problem.

Neither one is great.

Lynch and Jackson are both great running backs behind a ****ty line. If someone called all 31 teams and asked them if they would trade for either one, they would all do it in a second. Imagine Jackson & Lynch behind an above average OL...they would both make the trip to Hawaii (well...Miami this season)

psubills62
10-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Trade Parrish for Derrick Johnson

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that Chiefs LB Derrick Johnson would be available "for a mid-round pick" before Tuesday's trade deadline.
Johnson's best position is strong-side linebacker in a 4-3 system. Teams that would be a good fit include Chicago, St. Louis, Buffalo, Indianapolis and Oakland, but mid-round picks are still difficult for any club to surrender.

per rotoworld.com

T-Long
10-19-2009, 06:53 PM

per rotoworld.com

KC could use Parrish too....make it happen Russ

X-Era
10-19-2009, 06:59 PM

per rotoworld.com

Dear Russ,

Remove your head from your anus and trade for the guy.

But with Brandon Flowers they don't need another returner.

NorthCarBills
10-19-2009, 07:00 PM

There's absolutely no reason this team should trade Lynch. Having two good backs these days is extremely important to the offense's success over the course of a season. There are only a few bright spots on this offense, and the Lynch / Jackson combo are one.

What we need are improvements on the o-line and better offensive coaching to get the most out of them and other playmakers, including Evans.

TacklingDummy
10-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Has anyone stopped to consider that no one wants him?

YardRat
10-19-2009, 07:04 PM
I'd pull the trigger on that deal in a second. < fingers crossed >

I don't think there's any doubt that Lynch has great value and can wear on a D, but what's the trade-off? 2 yards and a cloud of dust? 3 plays and a punt? A defense can't be worn down if they're not on the field and Lynch needs to do a much better job of hitting the right holes and then punishing people.

You keep running your head into brick walls, the wall is going to win.

X-Era
10-19-2009, 07:10 PM
I'd pull the trigger on that deal in a second. < fingers crossed >

I don't think there's any doubt that Lynch has great value and can wear on a D, but what's the trade-off? 2 yards and a cloud of dust? 3 plays and a punt? A defense can't be worn down if they're not on the field and Lynch needs to do a much better job of hitting the right holes and then punishing people.

You keep running your head into brick walls, the wall is going to win.

What trade?

psubills62
10-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Dear Russ,

Remove your head from your anus and trade for the guy.

But with Brandon Flowers they don't need another returner.

Maybe so, but they've been signing multiple WR's off the street this season and offseason. The Bills obviously haven't used Parrish, but the Chiefs could use him as a slot guy.

Mr. Pink
10-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Lynch and Jackson are both great running backs behind a ****ty line. If someone called all 31 teams and asked them if they would trade for either one, they would all do it in a second. Imagine Jackson & Lynch behind an above average OL...they would both make the trip to Hawaii (well...Miami this season)

Really, name me more than 5 teams who would trade for Lynch.

He's average.

He's a bruising RB that will have a short NFL shelf life because he runs to contact. Either by choice or the fact he doesn't see the lanes.

Not too mention he has poor hands...can't block worth a lick...and has character flaws.

X-Era
10-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Maybe so, but they've been signing multiple WR's off the street this season and offseason. The Bills obviously haven't used Parrish, but the Chiefs could use him as a slot guy.

Possible, and you may not want your starter out returning like that... I want this to happen

Mr. Pink
10-19-2009, 07:14 PM
There's absolutely no reason this team should trade Lynch. Having two good backs these days is extremely important to the offense's success over the course of a season. There are only a few bright spots on this offense, and the Lynch / Jackson combo are one.

What we need are improvements on the o-line and better offensive coaching to get the most out of them and other playmakers, including Evans.

It is?

Minnesota, Atlanta, San Francisco as examples missed that memo on the importance of two good backs.

T-Long
10-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Really, name me more than 5 teams who would trade for Lynch.

He's average.

He's a bruising RB that will have a short NFL shelf life because he runs to contact. Either by choice or the fact he doesn't see the lanes.

Not too mention he has poor hands...can't block worth a lick...and has character flaws.

Hmmm this should be easy...

1. Cleveland
2. Kansas City
3. Tampa Bay
4. Detroit
5. Green Bay
6. New Orleans
7. Washington
8. Arizona

How's that?

T-Long
10-19-2009, 07:16 PM
It is?

Minnesota, Atlanta, San Francisco as examples missed that memo on the importance of two good backs.

Did you forget to mention that all three of those teams have 3 of the top backs in the NFL? Of course they don't need another big name guy, but they could sure use them as Petersen and Gore do tend to get hurt a lot

NorthCarBills
10-19-2009, 07:17 PM
It is?

Taylor, Norwood, Coffee, respectively provide needed spells and have filled in quite well when needed.

TacklingDummy
10-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Did you forget to mention that all three of those teams have 3 of the top backs in the NFL? Of course they don't need another big name guy, but they could sure use them as [B]Petersen and Gore do tend to get hurt a lot
Lynch has missed more games due to injury than Peterson has and 1 less than Gore with Gore having played 3 more years. Not to mention if you add in the games Lynch was suspended than Lynch has missed more.

trapezeus
10-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Notice how the Bills ground game has suffered ever since Lynch came back?

people, it's the injuries on the lines and the lack of cohesion...we need depth. lynch runs hard. jackson isn't made of steel. he could get injured. no one trusted omon when he was the back. yet another wasted 4th round RB in 3 years. perhaps he's good, but the coaches don't let him play.

Mr. Pink
10-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Hmmm this should be easy...

1. Cleveland
2. Kansas City
3. Tampa Bay
4. Detroit
5. Green Bay
6. New Orleans
7. Washington
8. Arizona

How's that?

Cleveland has Jamal Lewis, the same type of back as Lynch.

Tampa has Cadillac Williams, who when healthy, is just as good if not better.

Detroit has Kevin Smith.

Green Bay has Ryan Grant.

New Orleans has Pierre Thomas who runs well on everyone, not just us. He averages 5.1 ypc for his career, btw. And Reggie Bush.

Washington, Lynch couldn't carry Portis' jockstrap

Atlanta just drafted Beanie Wells in the first round.

So that leaves 1 team that might trade for him, KC.

T-Long
10-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Lynch has missed more games due to injury than Peterson has and 1 less than Gore with Gore having played 3 more years. Not to mention if you add in the games Lynch was suspended than Lynch has missed more.

That's not what we were talking about. You said no team would trade for Lynch and I named teams that would. If Lynch was a 2nd back on one of those teams, then his chance of injury obviously goes down

Mr. Pink
10-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Taylor, Norwood, Coffee, respectively provide needed spells and have filled in quite well when needed.

None of those 3 guys are world beaters.

They get very limited carries to spell the workhorses.

Xavier Omon could do their jobs.

TacklingDummy
10-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Did you forget to mention that all three of those teams have 3 of the top backs in the NFL? Of course they don't need another big name guy
Did you forget to mention that the Bills have a better running back, Fred Jackson? If those 3 teams don't need a backup to their top runner, why do the Bills?

Mr. Pink
10-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Did you forget to mention that the Bills have a better running back, Fred Jackson? If those 3 teams don't need a backup to their top runner, why do the Bills?

Exactly my point.

T-Long
10-19-2009, 07:29 PM
Cleveland has Jamal Lewis, the same type of back as Lynch.

Tampa has Cadillac Williams, who when healthy, is just as good if not better.

Detroit has Kevin Smith.

Green Bay has Ryan Grant.

New Orleans has Pierre Thomas who runs well on everyone, not just us. He averages 5.1 ypc for his career, btw. And Reggie Bush.

Washington, Lynch couldn't carry Portis' jockstrap

Atlanta just drafted Beanie Wells in the first round.

So that leaves 1 team that might trade for him, KC.

Ugh..do I need to stress this again? Open your ears this time and listen.

Teams need a ONE TWO punch to be successful in this day in age in the NFL. There are too many injuries that happen nowadays then it did 10 years ago. For what reason, I don't know. Gone are the days where you can have one stud back and have them the whole season. You need two capable backs that let your offense not miss a beat if one should go down.

Did you just say that Jamal Lewis is good enough for the Browns. I bet you 99% of the people on here with a brain would agree with me that the Browns would trade for Lynch in a heartbeat.

The same Cadillac that tears his knees up every season? Yeah, ok. He's reliable.

Who's Detroit's 2nd back? Yep, that's right.

Green Bay: Guess you didn't see the Packers worked out AHMAN GREEN today. Yeah, they don't need Lynch either.

Washington: Portis is one foot out the door in Washington. Where have you been?

You got me on Atl. I forgot they got Beanie last draft

Mr. Pink
10-19-2009, 07:29 PM
KC could use Parrish too....make it happen Russ

They do?

Bowe, Bradley, Wade, Engram, Copper are their top 5 WRs. Where does Parrish fit in?

Their returnman is Jamaal Charles who has burner speed and is also the backup RB.

So, KC is gonna have a 4 million dollar 5th WR?

Not likely.

T-Long
10-19-2009, 07:32 PM

Those teams do have backups, but the quality of their top guys is much better. Look at it as tiers...

Adrien Peterson, Frank Gore, Michael Turner are top tier backs

Lynch and Jackson are second tier.

All 3 of those teams are also much better than the Bills in just about every category.

T-Long
10-19-2009, 07:34 PM
They do?

Bowe, Bradley, Wade, Engram, Copper are their top 5 WRs. Where does Parrish fit in?

Their returnman is Jamaal Charles who has burner speed and is also the backup RB.

So, KC is gonna have a 4 million dollar 5th WR?

Not likely.

I just think you and TD are here to disagree with whatever the majority of people have to say. It's cool

Mr. Pink
10-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Ugh..do I need to stress this again? Open your ears this time and listen.

Teams need a ONE TWO punch to be successful in this day in age in the NFL. There are too many injuries that happen nowadays then it did 10 years ago. For what reason, I don't know. Gone are the days where you can have one stud back and have them the whole season. You need two capable backs that let your offense not miss a beat if one should go down.

Did you just say that Jamal Lewis is good enough for the Browns. I bet you 99% of the people on here with a brain would agree with me that the Browns would trade for Lynch in a heartbeat.

The same Cadillac that tears his knees up every season? Yeah, ok. He's reliable.

Who's Detroit's 2nd back? Yep, that's right.

Green Bay: Guess you didn't see the Packers worked out AHMAN GREEN today. Yeah, they don't need Lynch either.

Washington: Portis is one foot out the door in Washington. Where have you been?

You got me on Atl. I forgot they got Beanie last draft

Teams don't need two backs to be successful in the NFL.

Pittsburgh won the SB last year with who as Parker's backup? Mewelde Moore. Moore is a bum.

Indy won with Addai and who?

Hell ARI had a broken down Edge and the worst running game in football and made it to the SB.

If you think that Minnesota thinks, hey, we need someone good behind AP, you're high.

BTW, the Pack worked out Green because they're 2nd and 3rd string backs are hurt. Lynch isn't gonna vault over Grant on the depth chart, and neither is Green if they do sign him.

I'm a Browns fan, no secret, and I would rather have Jamal Lewis than Marshawn Lynch. Lewis can actually block a little and doesn't have stone hands.

You need such a strong backup RB that the Giants let Derrick Ward go after rushing for 1000 yards and a 5.6 ypc average.

TacklingDummy
10-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Lynch and Jackson are second tier.

First you said Lynch and Jackson were great backs. Now they are second tier. I guess whatever fits your argument. It's cool.

Mike
10-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Can we trade our head coach? The only player I would like to see traded is Parrish and that is it. All you guys that want to trade away the team kill me.

Why would we want to trade away the team? Why not wait to see if we get a new coach first. You never know what a qualified head coach could do with the roster we have.

You sound like another delusional fan. Remember that DJ, not to defend him, once went 13-3 with a poor Bears Team. To think that we have a great team, is way out there.... Even if we had the best coaches, we would not compete for the superbowl....

Remember the 1990's Bills? We are not even close to being in their league. Look at our roster and their roster. In fact they are better in everyway, offence, defence, special teams, both lines, rb, wr, te, qb, etc.... in every way and they did not have enough to win it all! The top teams of today, totally obliterate us when it matters because they are better in every way: coaching, talent, etc....

Mike
10-19-2009, 07:45 PM
to think that this unit of players is special it crazy...
we only have a few above average players. All the other are average or below average or at best, developing.

Lynch is a dime a dozen rb. People always defend the players on their team. We defented A.Smith when he was here sucking it up, we defended JP, among others....blaming all others for their poor performances...ex: its the line, coaching, etc...

Real talent, a top back, shows up even in the worst of circumstance with nothing around him and that is what makes him great!!! Lynch by definition is not great, but average at best!!!

So, I have no prob trading less than great talent, none at all....

TacklingDummy
10-19-2009, 07:47 PM
People always defend the players on their team. We defented A.Smith when he was here sucking it up, we defended JP, among others....blaming all others for their poor performances...ex: its the line, coaching, etc...

I've always loved the "put them on another team and they be great" argument. yada yada yada

T-Long
10-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Teams don't need two backs to be successful in the NFL.

Pittsburgh won the SB last year with who as Parker's backup? Mewelde Moore. Moore is a bum.

Indy won with Addai and who?

Hell ARI had a broken down Edge and the worst running game in football and made it to the SB.

If you think that Minnesota thinks, hey, we need someone good behind AP, you're high.

BTW, the Pack worked out Green because they're 2nd and 3rd string backs are hurt. Lynch isn't gonna vault over Grant on the depth chart, and neither is Green if they do sign him.

I'm a Browns fan, no secret, and I would rather have Jamal Lewis than Marshawn Lynch. Lewis can actually block a little and doesn't have stone hands.

You need such a strong backup RB that the Giants let Derrick Ward go after rushing for 1000 yards and a 5.6 ypc average.

Pittsburgh: Mewelde Moore was a bum in Minnesota but has done a great job since going to Pittsburgh. I guess you forgot the Steelers SB victory when they had Bettis and Parker.

Indy: Did you forget that Dominic Rhodes scored a TD in Indy's SB victory? I guess he was a nobody too back then.

Ari: Arizona runs a whole different offense than the majority of the league. Sorry, but the other 31 teams don't have the luxury of having a HOF QB and 2 top tier WR's and a great slot receiver in Breaston. They also play in a dome where they can throw all day long.

Minn: They don't need to go and spend top RB money to get a backup for Peterson, but he DOES get injured. They need a running game to be successful because Favre can't be throwing it 40 times a game and you know it.

GB: Breaking news! Green won't start over Grant! No **** sherlock. What I was saying is that they could use both Grant and Lynch.

Browns: Are you seriously telling me that Lynch has STONE hands? In 3 years (with an injury and suspension in there) he has 600 yards receiving. I wouldn't say that was a stone handed RB.

Giants: They had Bradshaw!!!!! God, I don't even know why I waste my time.

TacklingDummy
10-19-2009, 07:52 PM
So what you are saying then is teams don't need 2 great running backs to be successful? Great, trade Lynch.

T-Long
10-19-2009, 07:53 PM
So what you are saying then is teams don't need to great running backs to be successful? Great, trade Lynch.
Wow...I am seriously speechless after that comment.

T-Long
10-19-2009, 07:54 PM
First you said Lynch and Jackson were great backs. Now they are second tier. I guess whatever fits your argument. It's cool.
They are GREAT backs. Top tier backs are considered Elite backs. Are they on the same level as Adrien Peterson? Obviously not. The whole argument was whether or not we should trade Lynch and the answer is **** no.

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2009, 07:54 PM
Trade Ownes, Lynch, Whitner, Cut Parrish.

I'd actually keep Whitner of those from your list, which surprises me, never thought I'd say that.

4th for Owens.

2nd for Lynch.

4th for Parrish.

Good game, that's fine with me.

T-Long
10-19-2009, 07:55 PM
and of course you didn't catch the sarcastic tone to my last post

TacklingDummy
10-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Wow...I am seriously speechless after that comment.Hard posting in circles.

T-Long
10-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Hard posting in circles.
and you didn't catch it either. Damn. This is getting ridiculous.

Don't Panic
10-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Debating Lynch's performance is pretty short sighted when there are gonna be 8 in the box every time he's on the field, especially when our passing game isn't scaring anyone. Freddy caught some people off guard, but they know that shutting him down means making us beat them with the pass now, so you'll see more of a key on him. If you give Lynch a crease, he is good for 4+ a carry. Let's not give up on him yet. I do think he's going to wear himself out pretty quickly though.

PECKERWOOD
10-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Hard posting in circles.

I'm with you, Lynch's value is high again, now that his suspension is done with, trade him. He has zero vision, he is a 1,000 yard rusher, nothing spectacular, give me a 2nd for him, if we get additional picks with that, even better.

I'd like Freddy Jackson to be our feature back, he has 2-3 good years left in him maybe, plus that way we can stockpile picks for offense next year, which we'll need a QB, LT, WR and possibly a change of pace to Freddy. We got tons of holes, bye, bye, Lynch, Owens & Parrish.

:bigwave:

paladin warrior
10-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Trade 3 players Parrish/T.E/Reed to San Diego Chargers for get Philip Rivers (qB), that will be nice.:peace:

Mr. Pink
10-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Fact is Lynch is a dime a dozen AVERAGE NFL running back.

You could interchange him with 20 other dime a dozen NFL running backs and it wouldn't make any difference.

He's better than a few, and he's worse than a few.

Teams generally don't do trades that are lateral moves nor take on a contract of a 1st round RB to be the backup.

I don't see how you don't see that and I love how you have to completely up play weak players like Mewelde Moore and Dominic Rhodes to try and make your point.

Mewelde Moore, Dominic Rhodes, Jerious Norwood, James Harrison, Michael Bush, Correll Buckhalter...what's the difference? Nothing. All interchangeable and wouldn't make one of iota of difference.

Mr. Pink
10-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Oh and on the catches part....

I guess Braylon Edwards and TO don't have stone hands either, seeing they have plenty of catches in their career too.

Meanwhile hands is a huge knock on either one.

BertSquirtgum
10-19-2009, 08:13 PM
why is this stupid ass argument going on? there is no way the bills are trading lynch. spare your energy of typing paragraph after paragraph, so you can type something of substance.

Mr. Pink
10-19-2009, 08:18 PM
why is this stupid ass argument going on? there is no way the bills are trading lynch. spare your energy of typing paragraph after paragraph, so you can type something of substance.

There is nothing of substance to type about in this topic.

Trade deadline deals in the NFL rarely happen.

We won't make one trade.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-19-2009, 08:51 PM
You sound like another delusional fan. Remember that DJ, not to defend him, once went 13-3 with a poor Bears Team. To think that we have a great team, is way out there.... Even if we had the best coaches, we would not compete for the superbowl....

Remember the 1990's Bills? We are not even close to being in their league. Look at our roster and their roster. In fact they are better in everyway, offence, defence, special teams, both lines, rb, wr, te, qb, etc.... in every way and they did not have enough to win it all! The top teams of today, totally obliterate us when it matters because they are better in every way: coaching, talent, etc....

The only one delusional is you, lay off the drugs man. So you are saying trade away the roster for what? So we can get a bunch of draft picks? What would more draft picks do to help with the front office we got now? Maybe it would give them better odds to get one play maker with so many.

Maybe a new coach would emphasize on depth and not special teams so much. That would make a big difference to the roster.