• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Bleacher Report: 2 Round Mock

Fan easier, fan faster and fan better with Bleacher Report. Keep up with the latest storylines, expert analysis, highlights and scores for all your favorite sports.

5) Buffalo: Russell Okung (OT Oklahoma State)

It is hard to assume Okung is a safe pick. Although he is a dominating lineman, it is unclear if he will ever be good enough to play on the left side in his pro career. His upside is clear, with outstanding size, long arms, and quick feet, and Okung can certainly play. He may need some coaching, which could come from an entirely new staff in Buffalo.

37) Buffalo: Nate Allen (S South Florida)

If you haven't heard of the "Golden Child," perk up your ears. The Fort Myers native is an athletic freak with great football skills. He doesn't get a lot of publicity playing for the Bulls, but will end up playing in every All-Star game after the season. The selection of Allen pairs him with Donte Whitner and allows Jairus Byrd to move back to CB.
    Not a big fan of the 2nd Round pick, would rather have Kindle, Austin, or Oghobaase here. If Meredith and Bell continue to develop we may not need the 1st round OT either. Could switch it to...Berry, Locker, or McCoy.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Re: Bleacher Report: 2 Round Mock

I see Byrd settling in at FS, no?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
      http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...tion/show_full

Not a big fan of the 2nd Round pick, would rather have Kindle, Austin, or Oghobaase here. If Meredith and Bell continue to develop we may not need the 1st round OT either. Could switch it to...Berry, Locker, or McCoy.
      5.) Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame

37.) Charles Brown, OT, USC

Do you like that, DB?

Two big time players from big time programs.

Comment

• Jaybird
        • Dec 2005

Byrd will remain at FS

not a good mock draft

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD

Do you like that, DB?

Not at all.

Not a fan of Clausen and Brown goes 16 to Green Bay so he's not avail at 37.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Do you like that, DB?

Any mock that includes a QB picked with our 1st is better, IMO.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              Not at all.

Not a fan of Clausen and Brown goes 16 to Green Bay so he's not avail at 37.
              Why don't you like Clausen? He is potentially the most NFL ready QB of the 2010 class. Can make all the throws. Avoids the rush. Mentored by an offensive genius in Charlie Weiss.

Glad to see we agree on Brown, I think he'd be a great fit with the linemen we've been bringing in lately. Tough as nails, athletic, I'm hoping he ends up in Buffalo, most of all.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Jimmy Claussen makes Brady Quinn look good, that's all I gotta say.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

We need a franchise QB. Those are seldom found outside of round 1. Anything but a QB in round one and the Bills draft grade is a F.

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Actually, even if Bell and Meredith continue to develop, I still want a first or second-round OT.

I'm looking at some of the news around the league and these first and second round OT's end up being starters due to injury during the year. I think we need to build depth on the lines. Of course, it depends on who is there when we pick, but I certainly wouldn't be against Okung.

The Giants have one of the best OL's in football, but drafted Beatty and he's probably going to start. Ravens had a very good OL and drafted Oher, now he's starting.

I agree with DB about the second round pick, though. Don't need a S right now, imo. Some people may not agree, but I see our safeties as being three deep with Byrd/Whitner/Scott (assuming we re-sign Scott). I think we've got other problem areas to work on.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                      We need a franchise QB. Those are seldom found outside of round 1. Anything but a QB in round one and the Bills draft grade is a F.
                      I just hope they don't **** around, trade up to get your guy if you have to. We need a QB, a face of the franchise, especially on offense.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                        • Feb 2004

Clausen NO WAY...
                        The Bills will pick a QB in Free agency my opinion and draft 1 possibly in the 4-6 round.

I really don't like this QB class anymore I Luved it last year and no so much now....
                        All these guys are showing alot of weakness now.
                        IMO
                        GO Gators!!!!!!
                        GO GATORS!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Why don't you like Clausen? He is potentially the most NFL ready QB of the 2010 class. Can make all the throws. Avoids the rush. Mentored by an offensive genius in Charlie Weiss.

Glad to see we agree on Brown, I think he'd be a great fit with the linemen we've been bringing in lately. Tough as nails, athletic, I'm hoping he ends up in Buffalo, most of all.
                          I dont think he is even close to NFL ready. His decision making has a long way to go and he doesnt play well under any kind of pressure. His arm is questionable as his deep ball flutters. His best throw is his intermediate throw over the middle. He also forces throws and doesnt have the arm of his gunslinger mentality.

We didnt agree about Brown at all, I simply said that it was impossible to take Brown at 37 because he went at 16 to Green Bay.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                            They are also not recently found from any big time programs either.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                              Actually, even if Bell and Meredith continue to develop, I still want a first or second-round OT.

I'm looking at some of the news around the league and these first and second round OT's end up being starters due to injury during the year. I think we need to build depth on the lines. Of course, it depends on who is there when we pick, but I certainly wouldn't be against Okung.

The Giants have one of the best OL's in football, but drafted Beatty and he's probably going to start. Ravens had a very good OL and drafted Oher, now he's starting.

I agree with DB about the second round pick, though. Don't need a S right now, imo. Some people may not agree, but I see our safeties as being three deep with Byrd/Whitner/Scott (assuming we re-sign Scott). I think we've got other problem areas to work on.
                              Butler is a very capable fill in and very versatile. Too many other holes to fill to take another OT that high.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X